Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

My Car Not Responding To Tettle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Not Responding To Tettle (441 Views)

Car Not More Than 1 Million / Car Not Starting / Car Not Accelerating Wen Ac Is On And Fan Not Working Wen Engine Is Hot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Not Responding To Tettle by johnson4nosa(m): 11:03am On Jan 05
Happy new to all NL please what could be wrong with my Lexus Rx300, it usually takes time before it accelerate after a long press of tettle there by dragging the motor back meanwhile I have changed the fuel pump still remain the same
Re: My Car Not Responding To Tettle by burp18: 11:05am On Jan 05
Throttle*
Re: My Car Not Responding To Tettle by johnson4nosa(m): 11:13am On Jan 05
Thanks I don search for the spelling tire but I knew u guys will understand what I meant
burp18:
Throttle*

1 Like

Re: My Car Not Responding To Tettle by felix55(m): 1:07pm On Jan 05
Scan d car

1 Like

Re: My Car Not Responding To Tettle by Manuella4ace: 11:09pm On Jan 05
johnson4nosa:
Happy new to all NL please what could be wrong with my Lexus Rx300, it usually takes time before it accelerate after a long press of tettle there by dragging the motor back meanwhile I have changed the fuel pump still remain the same

Scan your car first and post results.

1 Like

Re: My Car Not Responding To Tettle by Abbeyismo(m): 8:14am On Jan 07
johnson4nosa:

Misfiring can cause it but have the car scan first.

1 Like

Re: My Car Not Responding To Tettle by Requestmechanic: 4:52pm On Jan 08
johnson4nosa:

If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar and click on join the the Wait list.

A sluggish acceleration, especially after a long press on the throttle pedal, can be frustrating and point to various issues in your Lexus Rx300. While replacing the fuel pump was a good start, it's not always the only culprit. Here are some other possibilities for the slow acceleration in your car:

Ignition System:

Spark plugs: Worn-out or faulty spark plugs can lead to weak spark and incomplete combustion, causing sluggish acceleration.
Ignition coils: Failing coils can disrupt the spark delivery, hindering engine performance.
Fuel System:

Fuel filter: A clogged fuel filter can restrict fuel flow to the engine, impacting acceleration.
Fuel injectors: Dirty or clogged injectors can deliver an inconsistent fuel spray, affecting combustion and power output.
Fuel pressure regulator: A faulty regulator can cause incorrect fuel pressure, leading to performance issues.
Air Intake System:

Air filter: A dirty or clogged air filter restricts air intake, causing the engine to run lean and lose power.
Mass airflow sensor (MAF): A faulty MAF sensor can provide inaccurate readings to the engine computer, resulting in improper fuel mixture and sluggish acceleration.
Other Components:

Throttle body: A dirty throttle body can hinder airflow and throttle response.
Vacuum leaks: Leaks in the intake system can allow unmetered air into the engine, disrupting the air-fuel ratio and causing performance issues.
Exhaust system: Clogged catalytic converters or restricted exhaust flow can also hinder acceleration.
Additional Tips:

Check for any warning lights on the dashboard: These may indicate specific issues like clogged sensors or malfunctioning systems.
Consider your driving habits: If you typically drive short distances, carbon buildup could be affecting performance. Take the car for a longer drive at higher speeds to clear out the system.
Consult a qualified mechanic: They can diagnose the specific problem using specialized tools and equipment and recommend the appropriate repair.

Re: My Car Not Responding To Tettle by Pootle: 5:22pm On Jan 08
burp18:
Throttle*

his a ghenian grin
Re: My Car Not Responding To Tettle by boldx(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08
Free scanning if you are in Abuja.

(1) (Reply)

See Prices Of New Cars In Nigeria / Mercedes Benz C300 2016 For Sale As Scrap / BMW, Intel, And Mobileye Set To Work Together On Self-driving Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.