Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! (354 Views)

7 Steps To Freelance Writing Success / A Beginner's Guide To Freelance Writing / 7 Signs To Show It Is Time To Start Your Own Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by JoeOdion(m): 11:39am On Jan 05
The Naira is currently on a free fall and heading for #1500 to a dollar, and I can assure you, it most certainly will get there considering the disastrous economic decisions our country is taking. But that's not really why I posted this thread. I posted it because I know that there has been no better than now to get into freelancing and earn in dollars(yes i care about the suffering Nigerians too). Some people have tried to get into this things for years and failed woefully and others have not even bothered because no one who was truly successful was showing the way. Truth is those of us who are really earning as freelancers don't have the time to teach.

I have been freelancing full time since 2017 on Fiverr and Upwork and I have closed sales in the thousands of dollars all through the years. I have done nothing else since that time than to be a freelancer. I have also trained many people who have gone on to be successful freelancers or now run their own businesses based off of the skills they developed as freelancers. I have taken stock of the present situation of the country and decided to offer my training services again after a hiatus of almost 6 years.

I am currently collating interested participants in a whatsapp group where I am giving free information to get started and conquer the freelance industry and earn foreign exchange in 2024 as we build up to the main program. It's a new year and It's up to you how you want to go through it again; watch things happen around you be a part of it.

Just to whet your appetite for what you might get from me, here are screenshots of my currently earnings on Fiverr, Upwork, and one screenshot off a client I am working with off these platforms (all edited for safety). And these are only a small percentage compared to other clients I cannot post here because of contractual agreements and the security of such contracts.

Enjoy. If you are moved and motivated, join me on the group using the link in my signature, let's talk.

Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by Dnet9dnet: 12:44pm On Jan 05
👍

1 Like

Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by JoeOdion(m): 8:29pm On Jan 05
Keep joining. It's my pleasure to be of help.
Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by JoeOdion(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06
Just keeps coming and coming.

Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by Impecca(m): 2:39pm On Jan 07
Am interested
Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by JoeOdion(m): 9:04am On Jan 10
Impecca:
Am interested

Follo my signature link
Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by JoeOdion(m): 9:05am On Jan 10
One of my student already billing them.

Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by JoeOdion(m): 9:06am On Jan 10
I am dishing out precious gems for free in the group.

Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by wonyi: 11:06am On Jan 13
JoeOdion:
I am dishing out precious gems for free in the group.

Good day,I have been trying to reach u.
Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by JoeOdion(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17
wonyi:

Good day,I have been trying to reach u.

Sorry, I have been so busy. Please join the group and drop your message, I'll respond to it.
Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by willjoe: 12:18pm On Jan 28
JoeOdion:

Sorry, I have been so busy. Please join the group and drop your message, I'll respond to it.
the group link is invalid..
Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by wonyi: 1:47pm On Jan 28
JoeOdion:

Thanks Sir, I am new to upwork. I have a strong proposal but I haven't done any job yet. It's difficult getting jobs. How do I build my portfolio or profile? How do I get review?
Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by JoeOdion(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04
wonyi:

Thanks Sir, I am new to upwork. I have a strong proposal but I haven't done any job yet. It's difficult getting jobs. How do I build my portfolio or profile? How do I get review?

Most people come on freelance platforms with only one aim - to make money. That focus is what causes people to struggle. Focus on how best can to offer value for any service you are doing. A strong proposal may only be strong in your eyes because if it's not getting jobs, then it needs to be stronger. Proposals are your key into the door on Upwork and how you systematically address a client's problem and communicate value using the AIDA advertising model is what will make you stand out. On upwork, proposals are about the client not about you. These guys get hundreds of proposals like these and they just scroll past after reading the introductory "I am, I can, I will" sentence.

1 Like

Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by JoeOdion(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04
willjoe:
the group link is invalid..

Sorry about that. You can message me with on my number 08108072062.
Re: The Best Time To Freelance Is Now! by wonyi: 9:09pm On Feb 04
JoeOdion:

Most people come on freelance platforms with only one aim - to make money. That focus is what causes people to struggle. Focus on how best can to offer value for any service you are doing. A strong proposal may only be strong in your eyes because if it's not getting jobs, then it needs to be stronger. Proposals are your key into the door on Upwork and how you systematically address a client's problem and communicate value using the AIDA advertising model is what will make you stand out. On upwork, proposals are about the client not about you. These guys get hundreds of proposals like these and they just scroll past after reading the introductory "I am, I can, I will" sentence.

Thanks brother. Please tell me more about this AIDA Advertising model. Money is the motivation

(1) (Reply)

The Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / 16 Local Road Construction Companies In Nigeria Doing Great / Nigeria Proposes $78/b Oil Price Benchmark For 2015 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.