Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,139 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 (48428 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / Countries In Africa Where Workers Earn Highest Average Salaries In USD / List Of 20 African Countries Where Workers Earn Highest Minimum Wages Per Month (2) (3) (4)

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by harjay1986: 5:00pm On Jan 05
Wawelexy:
God1000....

You will be surprised to know that it's the Nigerian who are superior who made those rules.... I know some foreigners are cruel, especially the Indians, Chinese, Pakistani and Lebanese, but in most cases, the Nigerians who are opportunned to work closely with them are the ones who brings most of the policies that doesn't favour their fellow countrymen...

Thats very true, there all those foreigner can't pull such except the Nigerian people around them say so, there is one wood processing company in ogun state, the Chinese man mark 50k as minimum payment per month as per the role you are engaged in, but put a Nigerian man in the helms of employment, this man will employ any one and tell you your salary is 35k until you can work for a year before you can earn the 50k with the Chinese out of the discussion

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Exceed15: 5:01pm On Jan 05
And it's happening In the heart of Lagos for that matter. Modernized slavery.
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Omoluabi16(m): 5:02pm On Jan 05
There should be a special place in hell for the Chinese.They're the most brutal sadistic people.
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Omenlon: 5:02pm On Jan 05
Person wen learn handwork better pass all these ones. Nigerians like daily money that is why to see an artisan for area dey hard now.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by ccollins(m): 5:04pm On Jan 05
worldstevo:
Not all Lebanese companies I'll treat their worker's. A very close relative of mine works for one such company and she is still there till date for the past 15 years. The company provides full first grade healthcare insurance for her and her whole family even fully footing the bill for the 3 C- SECTION operations she underwent to have her kids, I am talking of (#1 million) for each. Salary is good and they have never owed for once
where is the company at
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Papasmal(m): 5:07pm On Jan 05
Iwo Olohun nikan lole shi oju Anu wowa.....People are suffering,have mercy on us.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by tunwumi: 5:09pm On Jan 05
God1000:

https://thenationonlineng.net/inside-lagos-factory-where-workers-stand-for-12-hours-daily-to-earn-n1500/amp/

When law infractions has no consequence you will see a real lawless society.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by leanpad001(m): 5:10pm On Jan 05
Well every thing said here is true, I know this factory and I live about a few minutes away but the Nigerian supervisors are just as guilty as the Lebs owner. What a world we living in.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by israelmao(m): 5:11pm On Jan 05
Great number of Nigerians have reduce to a piece of rag in the Labour market.
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by campbelljosh(m): 5:12pm On Jan 05
Visit factories in Sango otta, you would cry for humanity. People are truly suffering in the hands of those people. During lockdown i worked with a pipe factory and left the work same day when they almost kee me with rrubish works upon 1k pay. Someone gave me a slot in a factory in Agbara, i met with the oga at the top, she interviewed me and pegged my salary at 35k, i looked her in the two eyes and said I can't collect it as a supervisor o.
I run a car wash business now(not my own). The day we didn't have much sales is when i go home with 4k. I do make 10k upwards daily in run hours.
People should open their eyes and stop being used

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by NAC1666: 5:14pm On Jan 05
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by tfelicityk(m): 5:20pm On Jan 05
The way some of these foreign companies exploit Nigerians with aid of some individual/government officials who brought them to the country is really bad.

Some government officials needs to be stoned to death...

You can not only collect bribe from them to come to the country to invest and completely enslaved the contract workers.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by DangoteIvy: 5:22pm On Jan 05
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by stillseth: 5:26pm On Jan 05
Omo .. I really feel for the woman that said she is Saving up so she can travel to Iraq to be a maid… Iraq of all places ….. The beating Wey dem give ajearo for imo state small … them suppose dey beat and humiliate that man in every state

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by mukthar2000(m): 5:29pm On Jan 05
WAHUM GROUPS in oba Accran and akilo road should be checkmate as well, gone are those days that is were modan slavery finish.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:32pm On Jan 05
God1000:
The way some of these foreign companies exploit Nigerians is really bad

Poverty has made our people to work in such places

Without reading my quess is that it's an Asian company, it very pathetic situation.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Patrickker(m): 5:34pm On Jan 05
I went through this just this week. Just like the OP said. Got employed at Olam Foods located at marine bridge. They manufacture noodles (Cherie noodles) and Seasoning. I was taken to the production unit by a supervisor (a Nigerian) who does his supervisory role like it's his father's company. A very mean and stern looking guy. My role: keep lifting and loading 50kg bags of flour unto a machine with a conveyor for how much? 1200 naira paid, not daily but at the end of the month working from 7am to 7pm with 1hour break in between from Mondays through Sundays. I started on the first day and broke down with blisters on my hands. I complained to the supervisor and he told me there is always a first day complaint, I should get to work. I tried but honestly couldn't go on, then I complained again and told him I am bleeding from those blisters already. He then asked me to show him the blood or I should go home if I don't want to work. I made my way to the cloak room(where workers change from mufty to factory wears) then another supervisor (a superior one) asked where I was going to and I explained everything. He then sent for supervisor that sent me home to show me the way to the clinic and not sending me home and change me to packaging unit. It was at the packaging unit that I saw hell from him. He picked on me and made sure I did every extra job that others left undone. He made me stay until a few minutes to 8pm when almost every one in our shift had gone by 7pm. When I closed and reached home, my body got aches all over and my brother advised me not to go again because I might break down. As a graduate since 2014 this is my story. It is brief but a sad side of Nigeria happening to us. Lebanese head the company, but our fellow Nigerian supervisors are the ones putting people on the edge. I still have aches all over my body till now, two days after I stopped work. The government really need to rescue Nigerians from these oppressive companies.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Caleb15(m): 5:38pm On Jan 05
Done and dusted
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Tokskob2008: 5:44pm On Jan 05
leanpad001:
Well every thing said here is true, I know this factory and I live about a few minutes away but the Nigerian supervisors are just as guilty as the Lebs owner. What a world we living in.
I have actually worked in there for some days many years ago. That factory is another kind of hell fire honestly.

Stood for complete 12hrs all through and when I was going home in the evening the same trouser I wore in the morning wouldn't fit me anymore even with the belt grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Izuchukwu70: 5:45pm On Jan 05
They say the job is tedious. Have they tried working in Amazon warehouse in America or Factory jobs in America? Let them see real hard job.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by caye(m): 5:46pm On Jan 05
Wawelexy:
God1000....

You will be surprised to know that it's the Nigerian who are superior who made those rules.... I know some foreigners are cruel, especially the Indians, Chinese, Pakistani and Lebanese, but in most cases, the Nigerians who are opportunned to work closely with them are the ones who brings most of the policies that doesn't favour their fellow countrymen...

The greatest problem or obstacle to black liberation has not even been the pink or Arab race: it has always been the black house nieggers.
The house nieggers is who Fela Kuti called " Vagabonds in Power". They have no fear of God, do not love Mother Alkebulan ( Afrika) , and will sell their ppl for cheap.
Just like the black slave traders of the 19th century.

The house nieggers must be removed By All Means Necessary.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by housepaiinting1(m): 5:47pm On Jan 05
This is not a new thing even company holds by Nigerians do this to their workers.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by caye(m): 5:49pm On Jan 05
AlabiKILLER2023:
Right thinking Yorubas considered Awolowo as an Inbecilic bastard

He's looking for a reaction.
Starve him.
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by steeltrust: 5:50pm On Jan 05
And one same Nigerian will be doing this kind of job in america with an hourly wage of 15$ per hour and only work 40hours a week and if you decide to work extra hours you get paid double for it and you open your mouth it called slavery in America. So you doing this in Nigeria for a whole day for just 1$ and 50cent what do you call this in Nigeria.

Awon suffering and smiling citizens
No wonder politicians use and dump us cause majority of Nigerians don’t have common sense.

Bunch of idiots

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by caye(m): 5:51pm On Jan 05
worldstevo:
Not all Lebanese companies I'll treat their worker's. A very close relative of mine works for one such company and she is still there till date for the past 15 years. The company provides full first grade healthcare insurance for her and her whole family even fully footing the bill for the 3 C- SECTION operations she underwent to have her kids, I am talking of (#1 million) for each. Salary is good and they have never owed for once

Name one Lebanese company that does that for black ppls?
You are a foreign agent of disinformation.

Evil ppl.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Gkay1(m): 5:52pm On Jan 05
If you want to see real ""HELL ON EARTH """ go to Lagos state free zone. They called it free zone because Nigerians are free to be slaved.
"""" Free to be slave in our zone """"

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by Trustedpronet: 5:52pm On Jan 05
That is 45k per month. What of those receiving 15k per month? What will you called them.

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by steeltrust: 5:52pm On Jan 05
Izuchukwu70:
They say the job is tedious. Have they tried working in Amazon warehouse in America or Factory jobs in America? Let them see real hard job.
and get paid for 1$ and 50cent for a whole day

De play
Just de play

Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by omoyeni37: 5:56pm On Jan 05
Makes me remember when i was working with yahooGin company at ojota, dark times..
Re: Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 by caye(m): 5:59pm On Jan 05
I hope ppl can still remember how hundreds ( I presume) of Nigerians were burnt to death on a Chinese or Lebanese factory btw 2006-2009; when the supervisors locked the workers in the factory; happened around Lagos.

Does anyone remember,.and can remind us?

Chemical Engineering Versus Mechanical Engineering Forum / Captain Joan Obasi, The Youngest Female Pilot In Nigeria (Photos) / 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work