Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming (261 Views)

Your Advise For This Two Laptops? / Which Of These Two Laptops Should I Choose / Which Of This Laptops Is Preferable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by abfelicity91: 11:56am On Jan 06
I have these two laptops to choose from

โค๏ธHP Pavilion DV6
core i7
8GB
Version 22H2
No keyboard light
CD supportive
Very big and heavy ๐Ÿคจ ( large screen)

๐Ÿ’™HP EliteBook
core i5
8GB
Version 1909
There is a keyboard light
No CD supportive
Very small and light. (Small screen)

Please, which of these two would be perfect for programming

Pic below

1 Share

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by abfelicity91: 12:00pm On Jan 06
HP Pavilion

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by abfelicity91: 12:02pm On Jan 06
More

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by abfelicity91: 12:12pm On Jan 06
Here is the HP EliteBook

Has screen touch

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by abfelicity91: 12:13pm On Jan 06
More of the EliteBook

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by pezik(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06
If specifications are averagely the same (as is this case) I'll always go for the smaller (except if you have eye problem, sorry to say). Smaller support mobility and more compact to reduce damage due to fall. CD room is not an added advantage in this era where we deal more with USB drive and cloud storage. touch screen is a go. Elite book all the way. But if you have eye issue go for the other because in programming, you'll still split screen on the small elite book.
My point of view, no offense ๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by abfelicity91: 1:04pm On Jan 06
pezik:
If specifications are averagely the same (as is this case) I'll always go for the smaller (except if you have eye problem, sorry to say). Smaller support mobility and more compact to reduce damage due to fall. CD room is not an added advantage in this era where we deal more with USB drive and cloud storage. touch screen is a go. Elite book all the way. But if you have eye issue go for the other because in programming, you'll still split screen on the small elite book.
My point of view, no offense ๐Ÿ‘
Thanks for your view, I don't have eye problem just that I love big screen.
I'm already in love with the eliteBook, so portable with screen touch, sim slot and keyboard light, and very new compared to the HP pavilion.
I'm just scared if there is something in it that wont support or make programming difficult.
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by pezik(m): 2:44pm On Jan 06
abfelicity91:

Thanks for your view, I don't have eye problem just that I love big screen.
I'm already in love with the eliteBook, so portable with screen touch, sim slot and keyboard light, and very new compared to the HP pavilion.
I'm just scared if there is something in it that wont support or make programming difficult.

Modern computers are versatile, I always see post of people asking if a system can do programming. All modern system can, the only thing is if they have the Processing capability to run programs seamlessly. 8gb ram is standard for a start, only thing left is get softwares and start to learn the basics.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by Deicide: 3:23pm On Jan 06
The one with keyboard light, trust me wink
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by abfelicity91: 6:57pm On Jan 06
pezik:

Modern computers are versatile, I always see post of people asking if a system can do programming. All modern system can, the only thing is if they have the Processing capability to run programs seamlessly. 8gb ram is standard for a start, only thing left is get softwares and start to learn the basics.
Thank you, boss
Re: Which Of These Two Laptops Is Better For Programming by abfelicity91: 6:57pm On Jan 06
Deicide:
The one with keyboard light, trust me wink
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Get Free Landing Page For Your Business, Product And Services / PHP Developers Wanted / Professional Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.