Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! (1229 Views)

Previously Unseen Benin Bronzes Resurface Around Europe And USA! / Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 / British Museum Offers To Loan Stolen Benin Bronzes To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Golan007: 7:46pm On Jan 06
opamoses1:

I can afford to visit London or any museum in the world that the artworks are located.

But I can't afford to check them out when they are locked up in the private residences of European millionaires and billionaires.

They should be sent back to the rightful owners.
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kushites: 8:45pm On Jan 06
opamoses1:

I can afford to visit London or any museum in the world that the artworks are located.

But I can't afford to check them out when they are locked up in the private residences of European millionaires and billionaires.

Stop pretending that you care about the 'artworks'.

You're just here to play happy slave to whitey.

Bodyguard.

Have you ever been in a museum, not to mention a Nigerian museum?
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by SuperOnyi: 8:49pm On Jan 06
Kushites:

And they proudly display them in their museums to say ''Yes, we stole them!'' With no shame. Sick people.

shocked

Oh my God, I didn't know they looted this much; these ancient guys are 100% wiser than us. They did all these despite being almost cut off from the rest of the world or so we are told?

These are the same people some ignorant Nigerians say we're jumping from tree to tree and didn't do anything significant — dumdums! If this ancient guys had the same opportunity we've got today, they would be undefeatable. We should be ashamed of ourselves!

Even the sculptures tells a story and they want me to believe we had no history?!

2 Likes

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kushites: 8:52pm On Jan 06
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Oh my God, I didn't know they looted this much; these ancient guys are 100% wiser than us. They did all these despite being almost cut off from the rest of the world or so we are told?

These are the same people some ignorant Nigerians say we're jumping from tree to tree and didn't do anything significant — dumdums! If this ancient guys had the same opportunity we've got today, they would be undefeatable. We should be ashamed of ourselves!

Even the sculptures tells a story and they want me to believe we had no history?!

What we have seen is a small number. They stole a lot that are not being displayed in the British museum, but are hidden in underground vaults in the museum, which is a huge edifice containing looted treasures from all over the world.

Why they are hiding them I don't know.

I actually suspect they might be hiding artefacts with inscriptions or hieroglyphs connecting the Benin Empire to ancient Egypt and Nubian civilization.

1 Like

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by SuperOnyi: 8:56pm On Jan 06
Kushites:

What we have seen is a small number. They stole a lot that are not being displayed in the British museum, but are hidden in underground vaults in the museum, which is a huge edifice containing looted treasures from all over the world.

shocked

They rather those masterpieces rot underground then bring it out so we can all study it and understand who we are? Damn!

The day I saw an ancient sword made by Igbos was the day I confirmed we know nothing about our own ancestors except what they want us to know.

Look at the swords on those sculptures and their dressing patterns, wow!

1 Like

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kushites: 9:02pm On Jan 06
SuperOnyi:

shocked

They rather those masterpieces rot underground then bring it out so we can all study it and understand who we are? Damn!

The day I saw an ancient sword made by Igbos was the day I confirmed we know nothing about our own ancestors except what they want us to know.

Look at the swords on those sculptures and their dressing patterns, wow!

Ancient Igbo Swords

Ancient Benin Swords

2 Likes

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kushites: 9:06pm On Jan 06
But none was more fearsome than the deadly KONDA SWORD of the Congo Kingdom, hailed as ''Africa’s Most Terrifying Blade and Weapon''

https://swordis.com/blog/konda-sword/

The likes of the Roman Empire, Ottoman empire etc, that were rampaging the world at the time, dared not enter the African hinterland in those days, after their capture of Egypt, which of course was black African in antiquity.

The Congo kingdom, Nubians, and others were ready to cut them to pieces if they dared.

The whole balance changed around the 16th/17th century when the poverty-stricken Europeans, desperate for resources from the then prosperous and thriving regions of Africa, Asia, and the Americas, began using Chinese gunpowder to build FIREARMS.

They perfected it and started using the deadly firearms to invade territories the world over, to loot and enrich their countries, via enslavement and colonisation.
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Gajagojo: 9:08pm On Jan 06
Another Abacha loot

2 Likes

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Gajagojo: 9:16pm On Jan 06
StaffofOrayan:
Check out the intricate designs and master workmanship of those works! Big kudos to the ancestors!

If u want to see senseless art, just visit a typical modern European museum,

Lady with a Fan
Gustav Klimt's final portrait, "Lady with a Fan," sold for a record-breaking $108.4 million.

One man's useless is another man's priceless
What is the one thing that people search for most on the internet?
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by mandarin: 9:30pm On Jan 06
I see Benin/Owo, Ife, and one other in those arts.
These are sophisticated works.

1 Like

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by opamoses1: 10:10pm On Jan 06
Kushites:

Stop pretending that you care about the 'artworks'.

You're just I am here to play happy slave to whitey.

I am a Bodyguard.

Have you ever been in a museum, not to mention a Nigerian museum?

Yo Bandit. I fixed it for you.

1 Like

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kushites: 10:11pm On Jan 06
mandarin:
I see Benin/Owo, Ife, and one other in those arts.
These are sophisticated works.

You can say that again. smiley
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kushites: 10:13pm On Jan 06
opamoses1:

Yo Bandit. I fixed it for you.

Small pikin.. wink
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by opamoses1: 10:14pm On Jan 06
Kushites:

Small pikin.. wink

2 Likes

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Enugurangers: 10:15pm On Jan 06
Can the mods move the thread to the right section i.e. culture. Mynd44 there is nothing politics about this.
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Tochi3(m): 10:15pm On Jan 06
Pigs stole the soul of Africa
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kingray10: 10:16pm On Jan 06
Kushites:

And they proudly display them in their museums to say ''Yes, we stole them!'' With no shame. Sick people.

They are proud about it.
Back home here it will be less valued.

1 Like

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kushites: 10:25pm On Jan 06
Kingray10:

They are proud about it.

Just because YOU are not ''proud about'' your history, identity, and culture, does not mean the majority of Nigerians are like you.

Stop projecting your character unto other Nigerians.

As we speak, there are numerous international campaigns by Nigerian groups, NGOs, private citizens, and the federal government to return the Benin Bronzes.

Nigerians visit museums here in Nigeria daily.

Not everyone is like you, who doesn't care.

A brand new multimillion dollar museum is being built in Benin city to house returned Nigerian and West African treasures.

They belong here, not in London.
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kingray10: 10:28pm On Jan 06
Kushites:

Just because YOU are not ''proud about'' your history, identity, and culture, does not mean the majority of Nigerians are like you.

As we speak, there are numerous international campaigns by Nigerian groups, NGOs, private citizens, and the federal government to return the Benin Bronzes.

A brand new museum is being built to house returned Nigerian treasures.

They belong here.

OGA!!! no be fight.
I no get time for online warlord.

1 Like

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kushites: 10:30pm On Jan 06
^^^ Because you dey yarn dust.. cool

If it it's not valuable to us why didn't the Oba and his people just dash it to the British or sell it to them in 1897 rather than fighting them and having them burn down the Palace and the entire city to get the treasures after a heavy war?

Or you don't know how many thousands of people were killed by them to get those treasures?

Nonsense.

In fact you Indomie generation just reason in a strange manner.
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kingray10: 10:42pm On Jan 06
Kushites:

A brand new multimillion dollar museum is being built in Benin city to house returned Nigerian and West African treasures.

They belong here, not in London.

In s much as I am trying to ingnor you, the more you are trying to finger my brain.
I am not in support of the loot of those items.
But truth be told they will generate more money over there, than when,they are here.
Guy, I no get body for this ona back n forth argument.
No vex, na mistake I take quote you.
I beg no mention me again.
Shuuuuu....

1 Like

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kushites: 10:45pm On Jan 06
Kingray10:

In s much as I am trying to ingnor you, the more you are trying to finger my brain.
I am not in support of the loot of those items.
But truth be told they will generate more money over there, than when, they are here.

Generate more money for WHO?

For you? undecided

Kai...who do una this thing?

I often wonder the strong jazz oyibo people used to make you people mumu wherever it concerns their matter.

If it was the usual ethnic rivalries, your mind will be very sharp, and reject all attempts by any side to cheat you.

BUT ONCE WHITE SKIN ENTERS, he can do ANYTHING, including rape your mum, and you will have a nice soft smile on your face that says ''no wahala master......you can have her too.. You can even have me.''

Disgusting.
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kingray10: 10:55pm On Jan 06
Kushites:

Generate more money for WHO?

For you? undecided

Kai...who do una this thing?

I often wonder the jazz oyibo people used to make you people mumu wherever it concerns their matter.

Thank God say the oyibo jazz no work.
U when wise go beat them take am.

1 Like

Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Raskimonojendor: 11:03pm On Jan 06
Ooni Sijuwade and Governor Oyinlola were in attendance at the Kingdom of Ife showcase at the London Museum in 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl5UvcedhKc?si=UEDVFrGFz9CFFWk8
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kushites: 11:03pm On Jan 06
Kingray10:

Thank God say the oyibo jazz no work.
U when wise go beat them take am.

The jazz clearly worked on you.

That's why you think your ancestors' treasures were built a thousand years ago in order to ''GENERATE MONEY'' for the British in 2024.

Mumu.
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Raskimonojendor: 11:06pm On Jan 06
Thanks to the mod for moving this in the right section.
Politics vawulence fit scatter the thread grin
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Kingray10: 11:06pm On Jan 06
Kushites:

The jazz clearly worked on you.

That's why you think your ancestors' treasures were built a thousand years ago in order to ''GENERATE MONEY'' for the British.

Mumu.
Guy you daft ooo
Which part of no vex, n no mention me again you no understand...
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by SuperOnyi: 6:43am On Jan 07
Kushites:

Ancient Igbo Swords

Ancient Benin Swords

shocked

Wow, do you have more of pictures like this? Look at the precision and accuracy yet they say our ancestors knew nothing? 😭
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by oladotun948: 9:17am On Jan 07
The truth is bitter. It would get stolen again and returned to Europe like the ones stolen in Jos in 1987.The truth is bitter. It would get stolen again and returned to Europe like the ones stolen in Jos in 1987....
Re: Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! by Ghostagain: 10:13pm On Jan 16
Kingray10:

They are proud about it.
This shows you are not an Edo person and you should perhaps mind your own business, not my ancestral heritage which means the world to my people.
You can't understand this because you have no ancestral heritage.
These are the depictions of my ancestors.

We the Edo people want our cultural heritage back where it was taken: the palace of the emperor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome To Graphic Palace / CARTOON: Jose Mourinho Vs EPL Referees In Blame Game? / A Book Cover Designer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.