Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu (25918 Views)

NSCDC CG Orders Deployment Of Undercover Agents To Schools Nationwide. / Dissolve The Power Of Lecturers, BBC Undercover Journalist, Kiki Mordi, Tells FG / Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by BluntCrazeMan: 10:37pm On Jan 06
Eriokanmi:
Na you send yourself message, nobody send you. Our leaders aren't worth dying for. Get sense next time.

Where are the whistle blowers of yesterday?
Whistle-blowers are never known.

So, we don't know where they are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Orelafintun: 10:38pm On Jan 06
Westerhoffe:
As an Undercover Journalist, blowing your cover yourself is your error… who does that? undecided
If that's how all Undercovers does, the job would no longer make any sense.

Just stay safe.
How to stay safe should be his next investigation. He should have remained undercover. Anyways may God keep him safe.

1 Like

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Masterchef(m): 10:46pm On Jan 06
Where's the journalism here before talking of investigative journalism? Shior!!!!

The guy infact engaged in a crime and could have landed himself in jail if he had fallen in the hands of undercover law enforcement agents.

I mean, how does this story compare to the many investigative journalism videos on West Africa that we have watched on foreign media stations.

You don't investigate a crime in Cotonou while sitting in your house in Maiduguri or Ibadan nah!. It's so unprofessional.

No videos. No recorded telephone conversations. Rather, he used his real names and of course posted his own pictures in what's supposed to be an undercover stuff. I'm sure he must have also used his real telephone numbers. How funny 😄

To make matters worse, this guy did not even intimate his employers, the likes of BBC nor the national security agency in charge before obtaining his undercover certificate. So, he used his hard earned salary to investigate for who and to what end? What if the other guys had asked for say additional N1m and he got scammed while doing this?

This case is at best lazy journalism and an attempt at cheap popularity!!!

7 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by BluntCrazeMan: 10:49pm On Jan 06
ObalendeCMS:
Bros you 4cup.

All for cheap fame.

Your sponsor sef no try; I see there action as a way to ridicule nigeria & those countries involved.

Should you participate in robbery because you want to catch a robber?

Bros, you must kollet.

This is nigeria!

That's the main reason undercover journalists cover themselves all through.

You pretend like you're part of the crime.

And if you were caught in the process, you may not explain yourself out of it.
Unless you already briefed the police before such an adventure.

Nigerian Police?
Habbbaa.!!

If you tell them,, na them go just swoop in at the wrong time sef.
Just to catch you in the act..
And then spoil the whole investigations, and even let the real culprits escape.
Even if they didn't catch you in the act, you're within the vicinity of whatever that is happening, and they will take you in.
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Eriokanmi: 10:55pm On Jan 06
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Tinoakpabio444: 11:03pm On Jan 06
He deserves it, since he can't keep quite, so let him be prepared next time others will learn to be keep things to themselves

1 Like

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by zoedew: 11:11pm On Jan 06
One expected him to put the horse before the cart. What he got himself into is of international dimension. Folks across Continents should be discussing what to with him now. His best bet is to run into the nearest American Embassy for safety.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by tfelicityk(m): 11:16pm On Jan 06
He is so lucky. During some administration in the past even the firm he may be working for. Someone there may have sold him out.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Masterchef(m): 11:33pm On Jan 06
zoedew:
One expected him to put the horse before the cart. What he got himself into is of international dimension. Folks across Continents should be discussing what to with him now. His best bet is to run into the nearest American Embassy for safety.

So, it's possible he even did this for japa purposes. Sharp guy

3 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Ikemba007: 12:51am On Jan 07
Not always.
In this case, how do you prove your you got a degree and went to NYSC without revealing your identity? Almost impossible!

SharingIsLife:
I knew they'd come for him. And he caused it. Undercover agents don't show their faces to the whole world.

And you think they can't get him outside the country You guys somehow think that japa solves all problems.

Click and see this on X and you'd understand: .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by viodemus: 1:13am On Jan 07
Ekejoestar:
Only in Nigeria will something absurd be normalised,

One would think that with plenty of mosque and churches we have in this country that integrity and honesty will be our forte but reverse is the case.

Nigeria is a country that shuns and even going as far as killing honesty but will gladly reward criminal and looters. How the hell did we get here as a people?

Imagine one guy like that who says he is a NANS president coming on live TV to say that the journalist should be arrested.

And our "reactive agents" of a govt have activated their reaction mood, setting up committees upon committee just to investigate what has been going on under their nose for many years of which they themselves are beneficiary of.

Now someone should tell me why other nations should take our education system as a serious one, why Britain and other English speaking countries like Canada and co won't impose IELTS exam on us, all these things are connected.

I leave you with these words, "if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do". The foundation for any nation to succeed is education, and that foundation in Nigeria is in serious quagmire.

Wise one.

The country is awash in evil or naive to a fault.

They are teaching the young ones how to become useless or evil in future. An 11 years old that is mentally shaping his view on society, will see where honesty is a thing to be lynched, what do you think that person mentally will be by 20. Let me answer that, either a useless docile person or an evil person.

This guy exposed something that is vital, not like Nigerian universities are any better, but now, the evil ones are reminding the dociles, that the guy will be dealt with.

I am worried for my igbo tribe. We should have been observing these absurd and defeatist characters from a distance. Nigeria is a curse. It is soiled with evil people. Truth is not our thing. We look at decent and high road mentality people as ode. No coordination of anything for honest progress. This is why the leaders don't care for the people. They take all they can muster, send their family to sane climates outside the country, and just go all out in stealing and demagoguery. They have uselessed many generations. I really worry about my igbo tribe. The evil and extremely docile people are way more than any decent nigerian. No accountability of any sort, everything is mago mago.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by beecrofty(m): 1:50am On Jan 07
Masterchef:
Where's the journalism here before talking of investigative journalism? Shior!!!!

The guy infact engaged in a crime and could have landed himself in jail if he had fallen in the hands of undercover law enforcement agents.

I mean, how does this story compare to the many investigative journalism videos on West Africa that we have watched on foreign media stations.

You don't investigate a crime in Cotonou while sitting in your house in Maiduguri or Ibadan nah!. It's so unprofessional.

No videos. No recorded telephone conversations. Rather, he used his real names and of course posted his own pictures in what's supposed to be an undercover stuff. I'm sure he must have also used his real telephone numbers. How funny 😄

To make matters worse, this guy did not even intimate his employers, the likes of BBC nor the national security agency in charge before obtaining his undercover certificate. So, he used his hard earned salary to investigate for who and to what end? What if the other guys had asked for say additional N1m and he got scammed while doing this?

This case is at best lazy journalism and an attempt at cheap popularity!!!

My sentiments exactly. I believe the guy genuinely bought the certificate and went through NYSC, probably was caught and decided to call it investigative journalism. I mean, he's not a police officer. He never wrote a piece about the whole process. He didn't even obtain names of people who did stuff. No videos, no pictures, no recordings. He even went as far as spending that whole time doing NYSC. What was the aim of this whole drama.

3 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by 3shadi: 3:39am On Jan 07
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/fake-degree-im-worried-over-my-safety-says-undercover-journalist

You should have thought about the dangers and everything before starting such an investigation, we do not investigate such in Nigeria, I pray something befalls you soon
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:44am On Jan 07
BluntCrazeMan:
Undercover Reporter blew his own cover by himself..

I knew things would get to this.

Once he made his findings public and it involved some Nigerian institutions like NYSC (they sent a call-up letter) and NIS (passport and backdated stamps) he was sure to get backlash.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:46am On Jan 07
3shadi:

You should have thought about the dangers and everything before starting such an investigation, we do not investigate such in Nigeria, I pray something befalls you soon

Remember the Gandollar guy? Jaafar?

He's still alive and well after releasing the video of Ganduje's gown swallowing USD.

They do investigate stuff like this.

It's just that the evil people don't like it, and from the bolded, you seem to be one of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:53am On Jan 07
obuburam:
I was discussing this with some friends just this evening. He really blows his cover too much especially all those NYSC photos.

We pray for your safety bro. Keep safe.

The need to show off is in some people's DNA

2 Likes

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Originalsly: 5:04am On Jan 07
I just don't understand this guy. You can't be a coward and an investigative journalist. He hasn't even received a single threat and is calling for government protection ... from a perceived threat in his mind.The coward could've filed the same report without using his name ... and his photo.

1 Like

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by ufotunang: 5:43am On Jan 07
Why are you exposing yourself

1 Like

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by BluntCrazeMan: 5:48am On Jan 07
Eriokanmi:

https://guardian.ng/news/police-invite-whistleblower-over-alleged-n2-5-billion-fraud-by-aisha-buharis-detained-adc/amp/

https://dailytrust.com/persecution-of-whistleblower-mahdi-threat-to-buharis-anti-graft-war-cso

https://www.thecable.ng/selective-prosecution-attack-on-whistleblowers-ti-lists-reasons-nigeria-dropped-on-corruption-index/amp

Do you need more?

Informants are not Whistle-blowers.

If Nigerian Institutions chose to misuse terms, that's for them.

Whistle-blowers chose anonymous means.

The Nigerian police once announced that they now give 1% reward to successful whistle-blowers??
I laughed so hard when I saw that news.
That's just the definition of informants...
And some people fall for that trap..
(For instance, these ones you just showed me in these links are just a few. Many people fall for that lie..)

Whistle-blowers are not interested in any rewards.
Reward my foot.

Whistle-blowers just aim to expose the fraud or crime, and to still remain unknown.
Many Whistle-blowers still blow the real whistle, and expose the crime, and get many big heads rolling, and they still remained unseen.
(For instance,, the insiders who are exposing the recent documents in this current government are good examples of whistle-blowers)
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Difrent: 5:52am On Jan 07
Ekejoestar:

One would think that with plenty of mosque and churches we have in this country that integrity and honesty will be our forte but reverse is the case.

This is the unfortunate part of our situation.

And it's in the two dominant faiths.
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by BluntCrazeMan: 5:54am On Jan 07
beecrofty:

My sentiments exactly. I believe the guy genuinely bought the certificate and went through NYSC, probably was caught and decided to call it investigative journalism. I mean, he's not a police officer. He never wrote a piece about the whole process. He didn't even obtain names of people who did stuff. No videos, no pictures, no recordings. He even went as far as spending that whole time doing NYSC. What was the aim of this whole drama.
In his report,, he wrote down their names.
The names and details of all the officers who helped him to maneuver the systems.
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by ufotunang: 5:57am On Jan 07
Then do not expose yourself too much
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by BluntCrazeMan: 5:59am On Jan 07
Ikemba007:
Not always.
In this case, how do you prove your you got a degree and went to NYSC without revealing your identity? Almost impossible!

If he reported this anonymously,, the NYSC and-so-on will be in trouble because they did the same thing to many-many people.
They wouldn't have known the exact person who exposed them.

Now, he made their work of identifying him easier.

They can now come out to claim that he is criminal-minded, and he was the only one who did that.
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by BluntCrazeMan: 6:03am On Jan 07
Tinoakpabio444:
He deserves it, since he can't keep quite, so let him be prepared next time others will learn to be keep things to themselves

Keeping things to themselves is not the solution..

He had his reports and full details ready (including the names of all the officers and their phone numbers and account details)

He should have reported anonymously through another reporter, and then, kept his own name and photos hidden.
But released all those names of officers and their phone numbers.

Let them come out and dispute the report.
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by Desusi: 6:25am On Jan 07
Ekejoestar:
Only in Nigeria will something absurd be normalised,

Nigeria is a country that shuns and even going as far as killing honesty but will gladly reward criminal and looters. How the hell did we get here as a people?

Imagine one guy like that who says he is a NANS president coming on live TV to say that the journalist should be arrested.

And our "reactive agents" of a govt have activated their reaction mood, setting up committees upon committee just to investigate what has been going on under their nose for many years of which they themselves are beneficiary of.

Now someone should tell me why other nations should take our education system as a serious one, why Britain and other English speaking countries like Canada and co won't impose IELTS exam on us, all these things are connected.

I leave you with these words, "if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do". The foundation for any nation to succeed is education, and that foundation in Nigeria is in serious quagmire.
Yeah, thank you brother! "Righteousness exalt a nation, sin is a reproach to any people" A country that was once known and respected as one of Africans leading nation,is now being looked down.l once met a German girl in unilag who told me she left Germany for nigeria to study English language. I asked, why not UK? She said, Nigeria is highly regarded as Africa most popular English speaking country. To crown it all, her husband is from Benin Republic.
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by stuffs4me(m): 7:04am On Jan 07
BluntCrazeMan:

The government will leave him to forget about this whole waves...

Say, after 7-months, they will hit.!!

They will label one biigg allegation on him...
And that would be the end of his career.

He may never come out of the set-up with a positive story to tell.

Even though the guy did a good job, I fear for his life and even members of his family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by stuffs4me(m): 7:11am On Jan 07
Raph82:
When u talk of people with fake certificates, go to the north. They can go anywhere to get a kangaroo cert. U can imagine how many of them the FG went to evacuate from Sudan, all in the name of study. Sudan of all places. To make matters worst, they went there to bag a degree on Islamic study or Sharia law, unproductive courses.

E be like say yourbrain dey pain you and we should investigate your own degree for you to think that those studuing in Sudan are fake degrees.

Those studrnts in Sudan are studying full time in that country and they are mostly living in the iniversity or close by. The case is entirely diferent from fake degrees where someown aquires a degree in a couple of weeks without ever stepping into the university.
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by OKEIYIOKODU: 7:16am On Jan 07
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/fake-degree-im-worried-over-my-safety-says-undercover-journalist
He who brought an ant ridden wood into the house,invite the lizard for supper.This type of investigative journalism you don't blow your cover because many people are involved and at risk. From the immigration officer who brought you a backdated documents to people who genuinely got their degrees and certificates whom you have put their integrity in question after many years.

1 Like

Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by OKEIYIOKODU: 7:25am On Jan 07
[quote author=Orelafintun post=127815146]
How to stay safe should be his next investigation. He should have remained undercover. Anyways may God keep him safe.
The best thing do is to go and visa for himself and family to run away from the shithole.Why would dead for this country?After the investigation nothing will come out of it because some in the various panels and committee are involved in the scam.I pledged to Nigeria my country to serve Nigeria is no by force.
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by johnog4sure: 8:20am On Jan 07
Why are you all criticizing him, if he didn't come out, his report will be trivialize and by now nobody will take him serious, what we need to do is stand by him and protect him, if we believe in truth, and not to throw him to the wolves. This is the reason why I have not done my solo protest, because who are suppose to stand by me, will prefer to watch me being victimized.
Re: Fake Degree: “I’m Worried Over My Safety”, Says Undercover Journalist, Umar Audu by johnog4sure: 8:21am On Jan 07
BluntCrazeMan:

Undercover Reporter blew his own cover by himself..

I knew things would get to this.
Why are you all criticizing him, if he didn't come out, his report will be trivialize and by now nobody will take him serious, what we need to do is stand by him and protect him, if we believe in truth, and not to throw him to the wolves. This is the reason why I have not done my solo protest, because those who are suppose to stand by me, will prefer to watch me being victimized.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard / 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions / Handsome Nigerian, Onuaha Bags A Gold Honor As An INTERN In L.W CHIROPRACTIC,USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.