Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,287 members, 7,853,358 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:07 PM

Mild Drama In Court As Man Denies “wife”s Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mild Drama In Court As Man Denies “wife”s Pregnancy (827 Views)

Wife Beater Looks Happy In Court Today (Photo) / My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me / Husband Denies Wife Sex For 8 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mild Drama In Court As Man Denies “wife”s Pregnancy by aloyemeka1: 11:37pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=14pt]Mild drama in court as man denies “wife”s pregnancy[/size]
on NOVEMBER 3, 2011 · in NEWS

Gombe – There was a mild drama at the Pantami Upper Area Court, Gombe on Wednesday, when a man, Malam Sagir Mohammed denied having impregnated a woman, Mrs Fatsuma Sagir, who claimed to be his wife.

Fatsuma had told the court that her husband, Sagir, impregnated her and abandoned her thereafter.

She alleged that after the pregnancy, the husband did not cater for her, but instead, collected a N200,000 loan from her which he was yet to pay back.

She said that she took ill on Sept. 16 and went to the hospital where a doctor prescribed some drugs for her.

However, to Fatsuma’s dismay, her husband gave her only N200, which she said could not buy the drugs.

Sagir, who had started defending himself before the arrival of his counsel, said that he had divorced the woman since Sept. 22, 2009.

But as soon as his counsel, Mr. Mohammed Magaji entered the court, the accused said his counsel would represent him.

The counsel said that Sagir was not responsible for Fatsuma’s pregnancy because he had divorced her.

On the claim that he borrowed N200,000 from her and did not pay back, the counsel challenged her to present evidence to justify her claim in line with section 136 of the Evidence act.
Meanwhile, the complainant promised to present three witnesses to the court on the date of next sitting.

Counsel to the Sagir prayed the court to adjourn the case to enable the complainant present her evidence.

Presiding Judge, Khadi Mohammed Usman adjourned the case to Nov. 15 for further hearing. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/mild-drama-in-court-as-man-denies-wifes-pregnancy/
Re: Mild Drama In Court As Man Denies “wife”s Pregnancy by Outstrip(f): 12:12am On Nov 04, 2011
So the lawyer even joined int he madness saying that because he divorced her he is not responsible for the child. Na wa oh. Which school did all these people go to
Re: Mild Drama In Court As Man Denies “wife”s Pregnancy by aloyemeka1: 11:22am On Nov 04, 2011
University of Ado Ekiti[UNAD] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mild Drama In Court As Man Denies “wife”s Pregnancy by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 07, 2011
Are these guys for real? grin

(1) (Reply)

Wisdom Tips For Peaceful Co-existance among couples. / I Am SUPERWOMAN And You Are My SUPERMAN / Is Beating Or Purnishing A Child D Best Way Of Correction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.