Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,053 members, 7,828,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love (272 Views)

Jake: Son Of Emperor / INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 9:05pm On Jan 07
Chapter 1: Zi Shang, A Handsome Snake Demon

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

Ye Jiuge opened her eyes in a dark, damp corner.

A gush of intense hatred surged up violently from her memory: She was in the WanZhang Depths of the Lei Kingdom. Her younger sister Ye Shanshan had backstabbed her and pushed her into the abyss as an offering for a bloodthirsty python!

Ye Shanshan thought that she had killed Ye Jiuge, her spineless older sister. But she never could have guessed that a ruthless top-secret agent from the twenty-first century, well-versed in both healing and poison, had restored her sister to life. The original owner of Ye Jiuge’s new body was Ye Clan’s eldest legitimate daughter, who bore the same name as her.

When Ye Jiuge’s soul had melded completely with the original owner’s, briefly, a golden light had shone from her temples. Now, only animosity glinted in her dark eyes. The corners of her lips, wet with fresh blood, hinted at an extremely cold smile.

Since that cruel, heartless family of hers wants her to die, she is going to live and crawl out of this place to exact her revenge!

Ye Jiuge examined her body. Both of her legs were completely broken and two of her left ribs were shattered. Fortunately, nothing had penetrated her lungs, and her arms and hands were unscathed.

She laid on her stomach on the ground, digging her fingernails deep into the putrid sludge to drag her broken body forward. She left a twisted streak of blood behind her as she forced herself to crawl out of the pool of her own blood.

As she was crawling along with difficulty enduring stabbing chest pains, a deep, hypnotizing voice suddenly rang out from the dark caves.

“Do you wish to live?”

Ye Jiuge snapped up her head and saw a massive, black snake coiled in a dark corner.

It looked as if its scales were forged from obsidian. Even from its gloomy corner, it exuded the aura of a vanquisher of the dark.

A pair of purple pupils that looked like amethysts were watching her closely with an omniscient assertiveness.

Is this the bloodthirsty python?

No, this is not right; the bloodthirsty python does not have horns on its head!

The massive black snake in front of her had a purple horn on its head seven-inches long that gleamed like it was the world’s finest gem. A mysterious image had been carved into it, like it was some totem from the ancient tribes. It possessed the power to instill terror in any person who gazed upon it.

The purple-horned black python circled Ye Jiuge with a swish of its long tail.

Its red, forked tongue licked slowly along her neck, where she was soaked with blood, as if sampling a delicacy.

When the python reached her lips, its tongue slipped into her mouth, exploring and smearing her with bright red blood.

When Ye Jiuge felt that cool, soft sensation on her tongue, it immediately gave her goosebumps.

“Although you are an ugly human, your taste is decent.”

After it finished tasting Ye Jiuge’s fresh blood, the snake-like face flashed her a human smile.

The Lady of Holy Blood is truly delicious!

His many years of waiting have not been a waste. It is such a pity that she is so thin; there is not enough of her for him to swallow whole!

“Save me!”

An extremely strong will to live shone through Ye Jiuge’s black eyes, which were as eye-catching as poppies in full bloom amidst all that blood.

Since the black snake with the purple horn was capable of living among humans at the WanZhang Depths, it could not be a common demon.

It must know of a way to save her!

“I can save you—so long as you can pay my price!”

The black python’s deep voice drew Ye Jiuge in. Its graceful snake body coiled around her while the tip of its cold tail teased between her thighs, unexpectedly…

It shocked Ye Jiuge to the point that her body stiffened. The fury of being humiliated rose in her heart. How dare that despicable, perverted snake lust after her body!

“You are not even aware of your predicament and you still want me to save you?”

Though the black python with the purple horn sneered, the tip of its tail was drawing circles around the lower half of her stomach flirtatiously.

Determination flashed in Ye Jiuge’s eyes. She gritted her teeth and said, “Alright! As long as you save me, I will give you anything you want!”

She had nothing to lose, anyway.

So long as it would keep her alive, she would not only sell the snake her body, but her soul, too.

“The deal is complete!”

After biding its time at the WanZhang Depths for one hundred years, at last, the python could finally bind itself to the Lady of Holy Blood; through their contract, it could leave this place.

The snake’s bone white teeth pierced Ye Jiuge’s slender wrist. Their blood fused together and sealed the contract!

Ye Jiuge felt an extreme pain in her wrist that penetrated her soul.

Before she fainted, an exceptionally handsome face appeared to her. Its purple eyes were an abyss, and it had a high-bridged nose, wet, red lips, and a demonic, charming smile that captivated.

“Remember, my name is Zi Shang!”
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 9:09pm On Jan 07
Chapter 2: I’m calling off the marriage, it’s impossible that my fiancé is so despicable

When Ye Jiuge next woke, she was no longer in the WanZhang Depths, but lying in a secluded and deserted alley in the capital.

She propped herself up against a wall, stunned to discover that the wounds on her body had not only healed completely, but that she was filled with energy.

What did the demon snake Zhi Shang do to her?

Suddenly, she heard the approach of a horse-drawn carriage from afar accompanied by the loud reprimanding of guards.

“The Crown Prince is traveling. Bystanders should step aside.”

The citizens who were milling about retreated to the side of the road and whispered to one another.

“I heard that the Crown Prince is soon going to be betrothed to Miss Ye Shanshan!”

“Miss Ye Shanshan is the most talented spiritual elixir alchemist. She is a match made in heaven for the Crown Prince!”

“But wasn’t the Crown Prince engaged to Miss Ye Jiuge? How can he also be betrothed to Miss Ye Shanshan?”

“Bah! Ye Jiuge is naturally inept and has a hideous appearance. She is also slow-witted. How could the Crown Prince possibly marry her?”

“That’s right. So what if she was due to marry him? If I were him, I would not marry such a useless, incompetent woman.”

Ye Jiuge’s face went cold. It had never occurred to her that the very moment she crawled out from the WanZhang Depths, she would bump into her fiancé and younger sister displaying their love in public. What a coincidence!

Just when all the citizens had backed away to both sides of the streets, Ye Jiuge emerged from the alley into the center of the road.

“How bold of you, unruly citizen! Why haven’t you gotten out of the way yet?” The guard who had cleared the road lashed his whip at Ye Jiuge.

Ye Jiuge threw him a stern gaze. She gripped his whip forcefully and flung him to the back of the horse carriage.

Bang!

Both the guard and the coachman fell to the ground. The situation was a mess.

“Who is causing a ruckus?”

A man’s authoritative voice rang out from the horse carriage.

At the same time, a burst of force from an intermediate spiritual practitioner attempted to suppress Ye Jiuge.

Ye Jiuge gently lifted her bare hands and disintegrated the coercive force into nothing.

This action prompted the person who had initially directed the force to respond, “Eh?”

Then, a man wearing a purple brocade robe alighted from the carriage.

He was an attractive man with a pair of long, narrow eyes and thin lips. As the Crown Prince of Lei Kingdom, Dongfang JianMing carried himself with an incomparably haughty air.

When he saw Ye Jiuge, he immediately asked with loathing, “Ye Jiuge, have you lost your mind?”

“Who?”

A young, pretty lady with delicate facial features and snow-white skin heard the Crown Prince and poked her head out of the carriage. When she saw Ye Jiuge, she could not help but exclaim, “How have you not died yet?!”

She had pushed Ye Jiuge into the WanZhang Depths with her own hands. How could she have climbed out of there?

“I also believed that I was certainly going to die when you pushed me into the WanZhang Depths. I never thought that Yama, the King of Hell, would not accept me and insist that I return to ask how a hypocritical and malicious woman like you, Ye Shanshan, can exist in this realm?”

Ye Jiuge laughed coldly at Ye Shanshan as she looked at her.

Although veiled, her scarred face was still unsightly, but her spine was as straight as the majestic mountains, and her lone figure exuded an air of self-confidence.

The surrounding citizens began chattering as soon as they heard what Ye Jiuge had said.

“Is it true that Ye Shanshan pushed her own sister into the WanZhang Depths?”

“I can’t imagine that such a beautiful person could have such a cruel heart…”

Ye Shanshan seethed. Ye Jiuge, that b*tch, should die. She really dares to speak the truth in public. So what if she does? No one will believe her.

“Elder sister, even though you did not want the Crown Prince to have a relationship with your younger sister, you should not fabricate such lies to frame her!” Ye Shanshan made a face as if she had been wronged and wept. “You have landed yourself in such a difficult situation. I feel sorry for you. Crown Prince, you should not meet with Shanshan from now on. Shanshan did not have the heart to see her elder sister hurt herself.”

As Ye Shanshan spoke, her tears rolled down her dainty face like pearls falling from a broken necklace. Her makeup did not smear as she cried. That face could tug at the heartstrings and awaken a man’s desire to protect her. Clearly, Ye Shanshan understood her advantage well: one sister was a pretty and talented spiritual elixir alchemist who was forlorn, while the other was an ugly, useless woman with a scarred face who sounded overbearing. There was no point in arguing about whose side the public would take.

Immediately, the surrounding citizens turned on Ye Jiuge with condescending looks.

“I have heard before that it is Ye Jiuge’s nature to be envious of other people’s achievements. I can’t believe that she would incriminate her own sister in public.”

“That’s right. Look at her bloodied clothes. After losing so much blood, it would be impossible for a normal person to stand here and appear perfectly fine. She must be pretending.”

Ye Jiuge smiled coldly and asked Ye Shanshan, “If you did not harm me, why, as soon as you saw me, did you ask why I have not yet died?”

Ye Shanshan’s face froze. She did not know how to explain her earlier slip of tongue, so she quickly turned to Dongfang Jianming with a miserable face.

“Don’t cry, Shanshan, this is not your fault.”

Dongfang Jianming immediately wrapped his arms tenderly around Ye Shanshan and turned to stare at Ye Jiuge as if he was looking at trash.

“Ye Jiuge, regardless of what you have done, it is useless. I will never marry you. If you have any self-respect, you should scram. Otherwise, do not blame me for not being considerate towards you.”

Ha-ha! Dongfang Jianming is such a jerk. In order to break his engagement with her, he actually takes Ye Shanshan’s side in public. He is truly despicable!

“Ye Jiuge, are you deaf? Didn’t you hear me?”

Dongfang Jianming jeered at Ye Jiuge for quite a while and became even angrier when he realized that she was not responding. Instead, Ye Jiuge merely gave him a puzzled look. She scrutinized Dongfang Jianming up and down, then asked him, “Sir, who do you think you are? I am teaching my younger sister a lesson right now. What does that have to do with you? Are we close?”

Pfft! Bursts of laughter broke out around them. However, they disappeared quickly.

Dongfang Jianming’s face reddened completely. He pointed at Ye Jiuge and chastised her, “Stop trying to feign madness and pretending to be ignorant in front of me. Your attitude is only disgusting me more and more!”

“Elder sister, I know that you bear a grudge against the Crown Prince, so you are pretending not to know him on purpose. But regardless, he is your fiancé. Your actions have hurt his feelings.”

Ye Shanshan spoke with a pained face, as if she felt terrible for the Crown Prince.

“Do you mean that he is my fiancé?”

Ye Jiuge’s expression made it appear that she found this unbelievable. She pointed at Dongfang Jianming and said, “That is impossible. My fiancé would never be so despicable, shameless, and vulgar. Before calling off our marriage, he seduced other women. Not only that, he did not even spare my younger sister. He is truly worse than an animal!”

Pfft! Everyone gasped in disbelief at her words.

“Ye Jiuge, how dare you call the Crown Prince despicable, shameless, and vulgar?!”

While Ye Shanshan’s face appeared shocked and furious, she was snickering in her heart. Ye Jiuge is truly an idiot!

When she returned, she would say that Ye Jiuge had committed the crime of insulting royalty, then someone would drag her sister through the streets to let everyone know how uncouth she was.

“I see that you can speak these words without stuttering. Perhaps, in your heart, you are thinking the same thing!”

Ye Jiuge nodded agreeably.

Ye Shanshan’s face froze. She had never thought that Ye Jiuge could speak so eloquently that she would not be able to utter anything in return.

“Ye Jiuge, I command you to shut up!” Dongfang Jianming had never been berated by someone with such an accusing tone before.

“The person that should shut his mouth is you!”

If he wanted to compete to see who could shout louder, Ye Jiuge was not afraid at all.

TBC...
Source: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love - ExtraNovel.com
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 4:50pm On Jan 08
Chapter 3: Three slaps weren’t enough to teach him a lesson

Ye Jiuge retrieved a common-looking fire jade from an embroidered pouch and tossed it

towards Dongfang Jianming. She smiled coldly and said, “This is the engagement gift

that your father so eagerly sent me that year. Now, I return it to you. In the future, stay

as far away from me as you can!”

Ye Jiuge’s words made the crowd gasp again in disbelief.

My god! The Ye clan’s useless, ugly daughter must have lost her mind. Not only did she

insult the Crown Prince in public, but she wanted to cancel her betrothal with him as

well?!

“Ye. Jiu. Ge!” It was as if these three words sprang out from between Dongfang

Jianming’s gritted teeth.

“Even if you were to bring your mother into this, it would be useless. You should return

the Purple Lightning Wood that my grandfather gave you immediately. Don’t be so

shameless as to hold onto it!”

Ye Jiuge’s grandfather, Yun Tianwei, was the best Spiritual Elixir Alchemist in the Lei

Kingdom. This Purple Lightning Wood was a treasure he had brought home from the

Hongyue Secret Realm. When it was used with the Dongfang clan’s secret technique, it

had the most extraordinary effect.

In order to gain Yun Tianwei’s favor, the royal family had badgered Ye Jiuge with a

proposal and exchanged the Purple Lightning Wood for an ordinary fire jade. In the

nearby spiritual cities, the news of this betrothal was very well-known.

“Great! This is really great!” Dongfang Jianming shouted, his anger descending into

madness. He tugged free the Purple Lightning Wood, which he always carried with him,

and flung it at Ye Jiuge.

Ye Jiuge held out her hands to receive it; the Purple Lightning Wood was as big as her

palm. The barbs on its surface scraped her skin. A stream of special, spiritual energy

silently seeped into her hand through the small wound.

Without batting an eyelid, she stashed the Purple Lightning Wood away.

“Crown Prince, this Ye Jiuge is full of bad intentions. She has provoked your anger on

purpose. Do not be fooled by her deception!”

Ye Shanshan felt anxious. Purple Lightning Wood was extremely rare and invaluable.

Not only that, it was extremely useful for those cultivating lightning-type techniques.

Dongfang Jianming had depended on it to enter the Intermediate Spiritual Practitioner

stage at the mere age of twenty. Without that Purple Lightning Wood, he would no

longer be considered a prodigy. If she married him now, wouldn’t it be her loss?

“Shanshan, don’t interfere when it comes to this matter!” snapped Dongfang Jianming,

giving Ye Shanshan a look. It was as if flames were shooting out of his eyes.

Ye Shanshan knew that Dongfang Jianming was genuinely furious. She did not dare to

make any more noise. In her heart, however, she loathed Ye Jiuge and wished she

would die! Useless trash didn’t deserve to live. Shanshan had been so surprised when

her sister had climbed out of the Wanzhang Depths after she had stabbed her and

pushed her down there. If she had known earlier that this could have happened, she

would have dismembered her and made minced meat of her for the dogs!

“Ye Jiuge, I have returned the object to you. However, the humiliation that you have

caused my family should be repaid in blood!”

With a hostile gaze, Dongfang Jianming used his Intermediate Spiritual Practitioner

powers to subdue Ye Jiuge. As this useless woman had dared to call off their betrothal,

he suspected that she must now be relying on someone else.

He had heard that, beneath the Wanzhang Depths, there were treasures. If Ye Jiuge

had climbed up from below, a miracle must have occurred. Whatever treasure she had

obtained, he wanted her to reveal it all.

“Heh, the top spiritual practitioner of the Great Yuan Dynasty is truly adept. How

unexpected that he wants to challenge me, a useless cultivator?!”

Ye Jiuge snickered, her face full of scorn.

“Ye Jiuge, you have dared to humiliate me, so you must now pay the price. However, in

consideration of our past relationship, I am willing to compromise by allowing you a few

moves.”

Dongfang Jianming pretended to be generous as he spoke. As long as Ye Jiuge dared

to exchange blows with him, he could sound out what kind of treasure she possessed.

Ye Jiuge acted as if she was deep in thought, musing, “How does the Crown Prince

plan to give me an advantage?”

“I allow you three…”

“Three slaps.”

Ye Jiuge interrupted Dongfang Jianming.

In a flash, her form was no longer where it had previously stood. Ye Jiuge had

vanished.

Pa, pa, pa!

Three heavy, resounding slaps landed on Dongfang Jianming’s face.

Everyone was stunned, including Dongfang Jianming.

The effect of his stupefied expression together with the fresh marks in the shape of a

palm on his cheeks was humorous.

Looking at Dongfang Jianming’s red and swollen face, Ye Jiuge sighed, shook her

head, and said, “The left and right sides are not symmetrical; you should have allowed

me four slaps!”

“Ye. Jiu. Ge. I want to kill you!”

Dongfang Jianming went mad with anger. Since the moment he was born, he had never

experienced so much humiliation.

“Dongfang Jianming, before you murder me, you should return home and ask your

father, the Emperor, if he remembers the promise that he once made to my

grandfather.”

Ye Jiuge’s gaze became heavy, emitting rays of cold lightning. No one dared to look at

her directly.

Long ago, her grandfather had used a resurrection elixir brewed from a secret recipe to

save the Emperor’s life. Thereafter, the Emperor had given his word that Yun Tianwei’s

family would be protected. If he had forgotten, Ye Jiuge would not mind jogging the

Emperor’s memory.

“Crown Prince, you should never offend my elder sister. It’s just three slaps, after all.

You should just endure them and move on. Otherwise, when her grandfather returns, he

will blame you, and I fear that you will not be able to hold on to your position as Crown

Prince!”

On the surface, it seemed as if Ye Shanshan was mollifying him, but in reality, she

wanted to provoke him further.

As expected, Dongfang Jianming’s eyes were red with fury. His chest heaved intensely,

as he itched to tear Ye Jiuge into a thousand pieces.

However, Ye Jiuge’s grandfather, Yun Tianwei, was not only the best Spiritual Elixir

Alchemist in the Lei Kingdom, he was also a hero who had resisted the demon invasion

several hundred years ago. He was one of the most celebrated and famous men in all

of vast China.

Although he had disappeared for a couple of decades, his prestige endured. If

Dongfang Jianming killed Ye Jiuge in front of everyone, the Crown Prince would

certainly be admonished by his father, the Emperor, when he returned home.

Finally, Dongfang Jianming suppressed his anger. “Ye Jiuge, taking Great Master Yun

into account, I will spare your life—this time. But in the future, you must behave,” he

said. Then, he turned around and boarded the horse carriage.

Ye Shanshan followed hurriedly after. Before she left, she threw Ye Jiuge a gaze with

unspeakable malice in her eyes.

Ye Jiuge returned it with a cold smile. She could barely tolerate this treatment, and the

interesting part of the show had just begun!

Ye Jiuge ambled through alleyways, following her memory. At last, she reached a

familiar place: the large, main entrance of the Ye clan residence.

A pretty maid was standing at the door. It was Hong Liu, who worked inside.

As soon as Hong Liu saw Ye Jiuge, she shouted to her sharply, “Eldest Miss, where did

you go last night? Why have you only returned now? Oh my god! How did your clothes

end up torn like this? Why is there blood everywhere? My goodness! I can’t believe that

those bandits, who have killed so many people, would dare to humiliate the Ye clan’s

eldest daughter. I must tell the Lord immediately so he can deliver justice for you.”

The maid’s shrill and exaggerating voice attracted attention. Several people had

gathered and were now pointing at Ye Jiuge and maligning her.

“I heard earlier that Ye Jiuge did not hesitate to harm herself as a way of threatening the

Crown Prince and preventing his betrothal to Ye Shanshan.

‘”Tsk, tsk.”

“Did you hear what the maid said? Do you think that Ye Jiuge has really lost her

innocence to a bad man so that she could purposely concoct this trick of injuring herself

and hang on to the crown prince?”

“That must be it! She really is a poisonous woman. After she lost her innocence, she still

wanted to cuckold the Crown Prince…”

Hearing these scoundrels speaking while Hong Liu was bawling uncontrollably in front

of the crowd, Ye Jiuge understood immediately: This was the method that Ye

Shanshan, who had returned to the residence first, had cooked up to deal with her. It

was actually quite a cruel move! After all, Ye Jiuge’s clothing was completely covered in

blood, and it was true that she had not returned to the residence the previous night…

Now, the commotion that Hong Liu had caused and her sullied reputation, which

included losing her innocence and harming others, would spread throughout the entire

Lei Kingdom. Even her grandfather’s reputation would be tarnished by this.

It was only this, Yun Tianwei’s reputation, that mattered to her; against Ye Jiuge alone,

Ye Shanshan’s move was otherwise rather useless.

Ye Jiuge raised her hand and struck Hong Liu’s face with a tight slap. A crisp sound rang out. Pa!

Hong Liu cradled her red and swollen cheek in her hands, staring at Ye Jiuge in

disbelief.
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 4:52pm On Jan 08
Chapter 4: Corporal Punishment in the Family: Horrible Father, You Have Done Well to Hit Her

“Kneel down!”

Ye Jiuge’s gaze was cold, as if a chilly breeze blew past.

Pang! Hong Liu kneeled immediately.

Ye Jiuge was preparing to interrogate the maid, when she overheard a few scoundrels

hiding in the crowd trying to add fuel to the fire.

“Rumors have mentioned that Ye Jiuge is arrogant and tyrannical. I can’t believe that it

is really true. If she dares to abuse her maid in public, we can never imagine how cruel

she must be in private.”

“That’s right. I think…”

Before the scoundrel could finish speaking, he felt a pain in his waist as he collided with

the Ye residence’s main door with a bang.

Ye Jiuge kicked each of them, one by one heaping the scoundrels into a pile.

Hong Liu widened her eyes and looked fearfully at Ye Jiuge, whose entire body was

radiating murderous energy.

Is this still the cowardly and extremely spineless Eldest Miss?

After Ye Jiuge finished dealing with the scoundrels, she turned her head to look at Hong

Liu and yelled, “Speak! Who was it that actually directed you to ruin my reputation?”

Her gaze blazed with the sharpness of a lightning bolt, and her aura, similarly, was like

a blade. She radiated with imposing terror, as if she were Princess Iron Fan, descended

to the mortal realms.

Hong Liu trembled all over with fear. She almost spat out the truth. However, she

thought about Second Miss’s way of handling things and snapped out of it immediately.

Stubbornly, she wanted to lie and falsely incriminate Ye Jiuge.

At that moment, a pair of strange purple irises suddenly appeared inside Ye Jiuge’s

pitch black eyes. They emanated a faint glow, similar to that of a demon hiding in the

dark of night.

Hong Liu looked at these irises, and her soul was immediately pulled in. She stared

blankly and opened her small lips. She couldn’t help but speak the truth: “It was Second

Miss who commanded me to bring some people along to accuse you falsely. She was

the one who hired these scoundrels. She said that she wanted to completely sully your

reputation and spread your tainted name far and wide!”

There was an uproar in the crowd. The mastermind who had orchestrated all of this

was, unexpectedly, the Second Miss of the Ye clan. The truth was too scandalous!

As the public was sharing their opinions on the matter, the main door of the Ye

residence abruptly opened. A team of guards dragged the scoundrels and the kneeling

Hong Liu away from the entrance.

Then, a middle-aged man wearing a blue brocade robe emerged.

He had a handsome appearance—a high-bridged nose and an imposing look. This man

was Ye Jiuge’s father, Ye Yuxuan.

He looked at his daughter, who had not returned home last night. He did not feel any

tenderness or relief; instead, he exploded loudly at Ye Jiuge, pointing his fingers at her

and shouting, “You—an evil, good-for-nothing daughter—have the gall to return!”

Ye Jiuge smiled coldly in her heart. In a situation where his daughter had not returned

for a night and then reappeared in such a miserable state, he had nothing to say other

than this?

Not only that, Ye Yuxuan had not appeared sooner, but at the exact moment when

Hong Liu was confessing the truth about Ye Shanshan having harmed her. Wasn’t that

such a coincidence!

“Why haven’t you come inside yet? Stop being a disgrace out here!”

Ye Yuxuan pointed to a small side entrance. It was the passageway used by the

servants when they needed to exit and enter the Ye residence.

“Your daughter does not know how she is supposed to enter the residence. Father, why

don’t you show me, since you once foisted yourself upon the Yun clan?” sneered Ye

Jiuge.

The penniless Ye Yuxuan had married into the Yun clan. His cultivated elixir knowledge

and skills had been entirely funded by the Ye clan’s wealth—when she was born, Ye

Jiuge’s surname had been Yun. Then, her grandfather had disappeared, and Ye

Yuxuan had used the opportunity to cajole Ye Jiuge’s mother into changing the Yun

residence to the Ye residence and even asked her to change her surname.

But these name changes did not change the fact that everything that Ye Yuxuan

possessed belonged to the Yun clan! And Ye Jiuge was the only direct descendant of

the Ye clan.

“You are so shameless. You went out and fooled around the whole night. I do not know

what kind of improper man you have hooked up with that you now dare to return and

scheme after my assets!”

Ye Yuxuan’s face was ashen, and his gaze was fierce, like he wanted to swallow Ye

Jiuge whole.

The thing that he detested most in life was when someone mentioned how he had

married into the Ye clan. Every time, he was forced to recall how inferior he had been

back when Ye Tianwei was able to step all over him.

“Ye Yuxuan, even if you are my father, not even you can slander me in such a malicious

manner. You keep mentioning that I have hooked up with an improper man. Shouldn’t

you bring him forward?”

Ye Jiuge’s beautiful gaze emanated a coercive light.

Her clothes were covered in blood, similar to a phoenix bathed in fire. The aura that was

bursting from her body was making the people around her palpitate uncontrollably.

Ye Yuxuan was completely silenced by Ye Jiuge’s questions. He was simply defaming

her, so where was he going to find this improper man? At the same time, he was also

not going to allow this unfilial daughter to defy him!

Ye Yuxuan pointed his finger at Ye Jiuge and wanted to continue to insult her, but she

cut him off. “I, Ye Jiuge, have acted honorably. I am not like your ‘good’ daughter, Ye

Shanshan. Because she wanted to marry Dongfang Jianming, she stabbed me in the

back and pushed me down into the Wanzhang Depths!”

“What are you blathering on about? The Wanzhang Depths are bottomless. Even if a

Northern Goshawk fell in, it wouldn’t be able to fly out of there. How is it possible that

you could climb out? You, unfilial daughter, have a mouth full of nonsense. You accuse

your younger sister falsely and defy your elders. You are truly disloyal, unfilial, and

immoral. Someone, bring out the punishment tools of our clan!”

Ye Yuxuan did not believe Ye Jiuge’s lies at all. In that moment, he only had one

thought: to punish this unfilial daughter harshly in a cruel manner. He wanted to see

whether she would dare be so impudent again after this!

Ye Shanshan had predicted earlier that her father would punish Ye Jiuge. As she heard

his words, she immediately handed him the horse whip that they used for punishment in

the clan. This horse whip was woven from fine cowhide with tiny barbs on its surface.

Needless to say, not only women were unable to endure a flogging from that whip, but

strong men too.

Ye Yuxuan was just scaring Ye Jiuge. He did not plan to use it.

Ye Shanshan saw that her father was frozen with the horse whip in his hands, so she

tugged on his sleeve and begged pitifully, “Father, you should never ever hit elder

sister. Otherwise, when grandfather returns, you will be the one who is beaten!”

Ye Shanshan’s words only provoked Ye Yuxuan’s anger even further. Both of his eyes

were very red. To him, Ye Jiuge had become as repulsive as Yun Tianwei.

“Today, I want you, an evil spawn, to know of who it is that really has all the authority in

the Ye clan!”

Ye Yuxuan did not hesitate as he raised the horse whip, ready to lash Ye Jiuge.

“Father, you should never be impulsive!”

Ye Shanshan’s eyes were filled with tears as she pretended to stop him. On the

surface, that impression of a deep and profound sisterly bond was emotionally moving.

However, the private gaze she shot Ye Jiuge was full of glee.

Ye Jiuge, this is the consequence of defying me!

A glint of frostiness flitted past Ye Jiuge’s eyes. With the speed of lightning, she yanked

Ye Shanshan forward and kicked her, forcing her to kneel right in front of her.

Ye Yuxuan’s whip happened to land at that exact moment.

Pa!

The horse whip hit Ye Shanshan’s body without any mercy.

The barbs on its surface tore her clothes with a ripping sound. Her soft, white shoulder

was exposed, and traces of blood, which gave the alluring impression of mistreatment,

caused the spectators’ eyes to widen.

Ye Jiuge clapped her hands as she praised, “Father, you are truly wise. A person like

Ye Shanshan, who is disloyal, unfilial, and immoral, should be punished using the clan’s

methods in public.”

Ye Shanshan had never thought that the whip would land on her body.

She looked at Ye Jiuge in disbelief. This b*tch should die, who dares treat her like this!

“Wow, it is so white!” Someone in the crowd watching the scene mentioned lewdly.

Ye Shanshan could no longer endure the crowd’s gaze, so she gathered her clothes

back together. Wa! She cried and ran inside covering her face.

Ye Yuxuan was not in any mood to care about Ye Shanshan’s humiliation whatsoever.

He widened his eyes, looking at Ye Jiuge as if he had just spotted a ghost. “You—how

is it possible that you are using spiritual force?”

TBC...
Source: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love - ExtraNovel.com
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 3:53pm On Jan 09
Chapter 5: Giving Away Her Body at the Bathing Pool

Ye Yuxuan was absolutely certain that his incompetent daughter had been poisoned with a rare toxin so that the nerves of her entire body were completely damaged. In this lifetime, it would be impossible for her to practice any cultivation.

However, the move she pulled earlier of pushing Ye Shanshan forward to take her place was so swift that not even he had been able to see it clearly. With such cultivation, was it really possible that she was incompetent?

“Father, didn’t I mention it earlier? After Ye Shanshan pushed me into the Wanzhang Depths, I did not die. Instead, I obtained a high-quality elixir that cleans the marrow and relocates the nerves. There …” Ye Jiuge paused for a moment, and the corner of her lips curled into a devious smile. “Father, can you guess who left this elixir for me?”

Although Ye Jiuge did not state it clearly, it was obvious that the only person who could have placed such an elixir at the bottom of the Wanzhang Depths, foreseeing that Ye Jiuge would face such adversity, was her grandfather, Yun Tianwei. Yun Tianwei was a legendary figure. Therefore, it was not far-fetched to connect all of these impossible occurrences to him, which could explain Ye Jiuge’s change in personality and increase in cultivated power.

Again, the crowd was in an uproar. They never thought that the Great Master Yun, who was rumored to be dead in the wild, was still alive. It was explosive news.

Ye Tianwei’s eyes widened. He could not believe that Yun Tianwei was still alive, considering how, in the past…

But it was impossible that Yun Tianwei was still alive! Ye Jiuge, incorrigible girl, must be lying to him!

However, it was possible that the information about the elixir was true. Perhaps, she had also obtained other treasures from the Wanzhang Depths!

A hint of greed flashed in Ye Yuxuan’s eyes. Immediately, he changed his expression. “Jiuge, I never thought that you would have this kind of fateful encounter with good fortune. You have proved yourself to be my good daughter. Look at your clothes covered in blood. Your body must be in pain. Quickly, go into the house. I will find a female spiritual-medical practitioner to tend to you!”

His face showed a look of affection and love, as if he had not been the one wanting to lash her with a whip!

Ye Jiuge’s eyes became grave. From Ye Yuxuan’s expression, it was clear that he believed that her grandfather had passed away. Could it be possible that he knew something? But now was not the time to shed all pretense of cordiality with Ye Yuxuan.

Ye Jiuge conceded to Ye Yuxuan’s show of goodwill. As she walked into the Ye residence, she said, “There is no need for a spiritual-medical practitioner, Father. All you need to do is bring Ye Shanshan to justice by punishing her.”

Immediately, Ye Yuxuan’s face froze.

The classes of spiritual power in all the vast lands and seas of Mainland China were ranked from lowest to highest as red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. Ye Shanshan had a rare aptitude belonging to the blue class. At a young age, she had already achieved the threshold required to become a spiritual elixir alchemist. She was also now in the Crown Prince’s favor. How could he punish her? For the moment, he avoided the topic.

Ye Jiuge knew that Ye Yuxuan would not punish Ye Shanshan, so she did not feel the slightest bit disappointed! In any case, there would be time enough for that later. She would not let anyone who had harmed her get away with it!

Ye Jiuge returned to her residence. It was vacant. Not even a servant in sight.

Her body felt disgusting. She was lethargic and sleepy, but she was too lazy to search for the servants, so she boiled her own water and filled the bathing pool to the brim. Afterwards, she shed her bloody clothes and began to bathe.

Eh?

As Ye Jiuge reclined in the bathing pool, she was astonished to discover the sudden appearance of a thumb-sized purple imprint on her pale wrist. When she touched the enigmatic mark, it became uneven, as if carved into her flesh.

Ye Jiuge furrowed her brows and clawed at it with her fingernails, intending to peel the imprint away. She never expected a purple light to shine out from the mark into the bathing pool.

Suddenly, a remarkably handsome man with the body of a human and a snake tail appeared in front of her. A purple horn, seven-inches long, on the top of his head emanated a mysterious glow. His incomparably handsome face had a pair of stoic purple eyes, and his silver hair gleamed like moonlight. His physique was rugged, with a lean waist, sexually-appealing Apollo’s belt and strange, purplish-black demon lines traversing his jade-like skin. Below his waist dangled a slender snake tail that seemed to be made of obsidian.

Stunning, powerful, terrifying—that was Ye Jiuge’s impression of the demon emperor’s arrival!

“Little Jiuge, are there any matters for which you have summoned me?”

Zi Shang’s purple eyes emanated a mesmerizing glow. A lazy smile hung on his lips.

“How are you here?” Ye Jiuge’s entire body was tense as she looked warily at Zi Shang, who had suddenly materialized.

“Little Jiuge, is this how you treat the person who saved your life? This really hurts my feelings!”

With a sway, Zi Shang’s tail coiled around Ye Jiuge. His skin was so fair it was slightly translucent, not to mention smooth as silk. With a warm hug, he locked her tightly in his embrace, which was sturdy as a cage: no one could escape from it.

“Let go of me!” Ye Jiuge struggled. She despised the feeling of being restrained.

“Be obedient and don’t move.” Zi Shang pressed himself close to Ye Jiuge’s ear and asked in an intimate tone, “Do you like the power I gifted you?”

“As it turns out, it was just you playing tricks all along!” Ye Jiuge’s body stilled.

She had felt that something was strange; it was obvious that her body’s nerves were all dead, so how could it possess such a formidable power?

“I can help you become even stronger!”

Zi Shang’s red, wet lips curved into a charming, wicked smile, and his red forked tongue was faintly discernible. It was as if he was a demon capable of ensnaring human hearts; he could coax a person into giving their soul away at any moment.

“There is no need. If you want my body, then take it now!”

Ye Jiuge was expressionless as she spoke, her gaze cold. She had not forgotten the words she had previously uttered. As long as he could save her, she would give him anything.

“Tsk, tsk. Your little expression is really adorable. I love it!” Zi Shang stretched out his bright red forked tongue and licked the black scar on Ye Jiuge’s face. He laughed deeply and said, “But you have misunderstood me. I do not plan to take your body!”

At least, not now.

“Then, what do you want?”

Ye Jiuge fixed her eyes on Zi Shang’s handsome face, which was almost within her reach. Such a good-looking and strong man could have anything he wanted, so why did he feel the need to get involved with an incompetent, ugly woman like her?

“I just require a little bit of your blood. To you, it is insignificant.”

Zi Shang drew up Ye Jiuge’s index finger and used the tip of his sharp teeth to gently bite into her skin. He licked the blood drops that oozed out and narrowed his purple eyes to show his enjoyment, as if he had just tasted the most delicious thing in the entire world.

“Just this?” Ye Jiuge furrowed her eyebrows. Did he think that she was a three-year-old child who would believe that a fierce beast could be satisfied by a drop of blood?

“Of course, it is your responsibility to make your blood taste even more delicious. Right now, there is still room for improvement!” Zi Shang shook his head, thinking that it was such a pity. He lowered his head, intending to lick Ye Jiuge’s tender and beautiful red lips when she pushed him away with her palm.

“Speak nicely and stop using your tongue.”

“Alright. Actually, the poison in your body is called the ‘Nine Stages of Fractured Bones.’

Every time the poison is in effect, the nerves in your entire body feel pain, as if they were severed. However, if you cleanse the poison completely, you will also clean your marrow, relocate your nerves, and restructure the constitution of your entire body!”

Zi Shang lifted his jade-like fingers, and a purple ball flew towards Ye Jiuge’s forehead.

Ye Jiuge felt a quake in her mind, and new cultivation techniques from the All-encompassing Scripture appeared in her brain. These cultivation techniques included elixir, magical instruments, and body and skill cultivation. They could restore her nerves and dispel the poison in her body.

Zi Shang drew close to Ye Jiuge’s ear and whispered, “How about that? I treat you so well!”

His deep, alluring voice was like that of a lover murmuring sweet nothings.
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 3:54pm On Jan 09
Chapter 6: Lightning Fire and the Godly Heartwood

Zi Shang’s hot breath caressed Ye Jiuge’s earlobe, delicate as jade. Immediately, it became as red as the red plum flowers that bloom in the snow. His eyes darkened; he could not help but lick it once.

Ye Jiuge felt her goosebumps rise. Without any reservations, she pushed Zi Shang’s head away and said coldly, “Tell me, what do you really want? Otherwise, I will never cultivate these techniques!”

Although the techniques were excellent, she was afraid that she could not pay the price for them. Zi Shang did not seem like someone who was generous. Already, it was odd that he had saved her. Now, he wanted to help her become stronger. If he told her that he did not have any hidden intentions, she would not believe him.

“If you don’t cultivate using these techniques, you will die!”

Zi Shang smiled lazily. His expression implied that it was up to her. The slender tip of his tail was still coiled around her small waist.

“Alright, I will practice them!”

Ye Jiuge gritted her teeth as she slapped the flirtatious tip of his tail away.

She was well aware of her body’s condition. On the surface, it appeared that she had completely healed from her wounds, but inside, her body was riddled with problems. She could die at any moment!

Her grandfather was the family member closest to her. She could not die before completing her investigation into his whereabouts.

“Good child. As a reward, I have decided to give you an excellent item!”

Zi Shang’s gaze was gentle as the edges of his lips curved into a smile as beautiful as the Queen of the Night cactus.

“What is it?”

At first, Ye Jiuge felt a slight anticipation. Then, she saw Zi Shang’s long finger make a curving motion, and the Purple Lightning Wood flew towards her.

“This was originally mine.” Ye Jiuge snatched the Purple Lightning Wood and stared at Zi Shang. She said angrily, “Other than that, my name is Ye Jiuge. I am not called ‘good child’!”

“Okay, good child.”

Zi Shang smiled wickedly. Just before Ye Jiuge exploded, he pacified her by saying, “Don’t you feel like you have a special relationship with this piece of Purple Lightning Wood?”

Yes, I really do!

Immediately, Ye Jiuge’s attention was redirected. When she had first obtained the Purple Lightning Wood from Dongfang Jianming, she’d felt a mysterious spiritual force clearly seep into her palm.

“Those idiotic human beings really see the Godly Heartwood as common Purple Lightning Wood. They do not understand its real secret!”

Zi Shang moved his finger, and the purple wood morphed into an illusion of a black flame quietly burning on his jade-like hands.

Although this illusion did not have any warmth to it, it amassed a terrifying amount of energy, as if it could burn everything to nothing!

“The Godly Heartwood’s fire came from the heart. This kind of Godly Heartwood can not only forecast what flame best suits you, but it can also induce the opportunity of a chance encounter within your body. In the future, when you meet this kind of flame, you will feel a connection with it.”

The Godly Heartwood had returned to a purple-colored wood. Zi Shang passed it to Ye Jiuge. “Look what kind of flame is yours!”

Ye Jiuge accepted the purple wood. Pang! It transformed into a small red flame resembling a red lotus in full-bloom. Faint purple lightning enveloped every petal.

“The flame of a red lotus? That’s not right. How can it involve lightning? Most unexpectedly, this is the Red Lotus Lightning Flame!” Zi Shang said.

He could not help but smile. The Holy Lady was truly the Holy Lady; even the flame that belonged to her was unusual. And yet, the Red Lotus Lightning Flame was a Holy Flame. He did not know when she would have the opportunity to discover it. Zi Shang pointed to the flame, and the Red Lightning Lotus Flame surrounded by lightning immediately contracted into a solid state in the shape of a flame. It bore the appearance of a seven-inch long red needle with lightning hidden within.

Ye Jiuge was immediately attracted to the Lightning Fire Needle.

Her skill with needles had reached its peak. With her exceptional medical talent, it was even said that she was able to revive a dead person and regrow bones.

Now, this Lightning Fire Needle was linked to her heart and soul. It would enable her to develop her medical skills to their maximum potential.

Ye Jiuge pressed the Lightning Fire Needle into her body. Instantly, she was meditating at the bathing pool and cultivating the All-encompassing Scripture.

Zi Shang shook his head as he reflected on how this girl was born blessed!

To neutralize the first stage of the poison from the Nine Stages of Fractured Bones, she needed to gather seven kinds of spiritual medicine. However, Zi Shang had not expected Ye Jiuge to transmute the Godly Heartwood into the Lightning Fire Needle, which had the ability to repel evil and neutralize poison. Consequently, it led her to neutralize the first stage of poison immediately. She had proved herself worthy to be the Lady of Holy Blood—even fated for it. If that was so, then he should provide her with more aid.

Zi Shang’s jade-like palms were laid flat on Ye Jiuge’s thin bare back as he helped facilitate her technique cultivation. Black liquid dripped from her pores, drop by drop, dying the waters of the entire bathing pool black.

Spiritual practitioners from the vast lands and seas of Mainland China could only enter the state of a spiritual practitioner if they had experienced the most arduous nine stages of body cultivation.

After being spiritual practitioners, they became spiritual masters, great spiritual masters, and then spiritual kings. Every stage was split into three intermediary stages. Every time someone wanted to progress further, they faced an extremely difficult process.

However, with Zi Shang’s help, Ye Jiuge unexpectedly cultivated from the first to the last stage in one rapid breakthrough. Directly, she entered the beginner stage of the spiritual practitioner. This speed was truly staggering.

When Zi Shang observed that Ye Jiuge was firmly established in her state and transformed into purple light, he returned into the contractual imprint on her wrist.

Ye Jiuge opened her eyes and noticed that Zi Shang was gone.

She lowered her eyes and stared at the purple spiritual core, which was as large as her thumb, in her elixir field. Near to the elixir core, she saw completely poisoned nerves in nine different and odd colors. These were the Nine Stages of Fractured Bones.

Ye Jiuge tried to use the Lightning Fire Needle to neutralize them, but she was forced to rebound outwards. Her cultivation was still insufficient, so she would only be able to neutralize them in the future.

Ye Jiuge got up and felt chills. She looked down.

F*ck!

As it turned out, she had been interacting with Zi Shang bare-naked for a long time.

Stupid, lewd snake. It is not surprising that he ran away so fast. It seems that he has taken tremendous advantage of her.

“Little Jiuge has judged me wrongly. With your scrawny figure, it is more fitting to say that you have taken advantage of me.”

Zi Shang’s languid voice filled Ye Jiuge’s mind.

“Where are you? Why are you able to read my mind?”

Ye Jiuge was very startled. She immediately searched all the corners, but there was nothing.

“I am in your body, so naturally, I can read your mind.”

Zi Shang chuckled.

That phrase ‘in your body’ was full of erotic feeling as it rolled off his tongue like a feather brushing past Ye Jiuge’s heart.

She could not help but shiver all over.

“You like my voice.” Zi Shang noticed her weakness and smiled even more charmingly, even though there was no way that Ye Jiuge would admit it.

Her face reddened. She stared at the purple imprint on her wrist and said fiercely, “I do not care what kind of demon technique you have used to hide in here. I do not allow you to read my thoughts. Otherwise, I will gouge out this imprint and dispose of it in the latrine pit.”

She could endure letting him look at her body, but she would never allow her thoughts to be exposed.

“Okay!” Zi Shang agreed without any fuss. He stopped making noise.

When the snake demon suddenly became so understanding, it made Ye Jiuge feel uneasy.

She put on her clothes and scrutinized herself carefully in front of the copper mirror.

The young lady in the mirror had a pair of cold eyes, similar to deep waters where the bottom cannot be seen.

Although her facial features were delicate, her face was covered with bumps and grooves from her black scars, similar to the burnt skin of a toad. Incomparably ugly.

Ye Jiuge raised her hand to caress the black scar on her face. The poison had been embedded in her for too long; it had damaged the foundation of her skin. She needed to concoct a spiritual medicine to neutralize it.

She remembered that there was a spiritual medicine called ‘Jade Complexion Paste’ that could remove black scars. However, the spiritual herbs that were used to produce Jade Complexion Paste were extremely valuable, and it was not easy to obtain them.

“If you beg me, I can remove your scars without the help of Jade Complexion Paste!”

Once again, Zi Shang’s graceful and pleasant voice resounded in Ye Jiuge’s mind.

You, a self-centered show-off, are reading my mind again!

Ye Jiuge felt him ruffling her feathers, and she had the impulse to murder a snake.

“I regret to inform you that I don’t have an uncle. You are incapable of killing me.”

Zi Shang’s deep laugh made her want to hit him.

“Can’t you understand the human language?”

She had already mentioned that he was not allowed to read her thoughts.

“I am a demon!”

Whether he wanted to understand her or not depended on his mood.

Ye Jiuge had never seen such a shameless demon. Just as she was prepared to use the needle to prick the snake skin, an alarmed voice came from outside the door.

“Eldest Miss! Things are not looking good…”

TBC...
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 12:16pm On Jan 11
Chapter 7: Establishing one’s dominance: Who commanded you to do this?

“What is going on?” Ye Jiuge asked when she emerged from the door and saw Zhen Zhu, the servant at the residence in charge of watering the plants, crying with an ashen face.

“Qing Mama was wrongly accused by Zhang Mama for stealing. She was tied up and almost beaten to death in the firewood storage room.”

Ye Jiuge narrowed her eyes and rushed off in the direction of the firewood storage room. From afar, she could hear bursts of blood-curdling screams.

She entered the firewood storage room and saw that Qing Mama was tied to a pillar. Her face was pale. She was badly mutilated from head to toe, and her torn clothes were completely soaked with blood.

A sturdy-looking maid stood holding a black leather whip, which had been submerged in salt water. She was lashing it harshly towards Qing Mama.

In a flash, Ye Jiuge grabbed the whip as it fell on Qing Mama and reversed the situation, whipping the servant fiercely. In her fury, she used eighty percent of her force.

There was a laceration on the maid’s body from the whip. “Ah!” the maid cried out. When she saw that it was Ye Jiuge, she roared angrily, “You dare hit me?”

“I wanted to hit you!” A cold, murderous intent flashed across Ye Jiuge’s face.

Whip by whip, Ye Jiuge caused the servant to writhe on the ground, begging for mercy. Zhen Zhu took the opportunity to release Qing Mama from the pillar.

“Eldest Miss, don’t beat her anymore. If you continue to beat her, she will lose her life.”

Qing Mama glanced at the Eldest Miss, who looked like a bloodthirsty Asura. She did not have the guts to move closer to her.

“For Qing Mama’s sake, I shall spare your worthless life. Scram!”

Ye Jiuge threw the blood-drenched whip in the maid’s face. The maid ran away with her last breath.

“Eldest Miss, what happened?” Why does it seem like you have changed into a new person?

Ye Jiuge’s gaze was grave as she retold the story of how Ye Shanshan had pushed her into the Wanzhang Depths, and how she’d obtained an elixir that her grandfather had left behind. At the end, she said, “Qing Mama, the previously acquiescent Ye Jiuge died in the Wanzhang Depths. I have climbed out of Hell to make them pay their debts in blood.”

“Wu, wu, wu! Just blame me for being useless!” Qing Mama cried bitterly then fainted.

Ye Jiuge hurriedly carried Qing Mama to the Feihong Residence to apply medicine to her wounds, but when she checked her pulse, she discovered that she had been poisoned.

This did not come as a surprise. Qing Mama had already cultivated to the ninth stage. Soon enough, she would enter the state of a spiritual practitioner. However, when her mother passed away, she suddenly contracted a strange illness and completely lost her cultivation. In reality, she was poisoned.

This poison was not hard to neutralize, and it was very minor compared to Ye Jiuge’s Nine Stages of Fractured Bones. With her swift and precise needle techniques, Ye Jiuge quickly used her Lightning Fire Needle to unblock the obstructions in Qing Mama’s channels, which were situated at major acupuncture points.

Qing Mama woke up in extreme pain. She opened her mouth and vomited extremely nauseating black-colored blood. She was shocked to discover that the suppression in her chest had disappeared. Once more, long-dormant spiritual energy was flowing smoothly in her.

“Eldest Miss, I…” Qing Mama’s eyes were wide, and she was just about to ask questions when they heard a loud thud.

The residence’s main doors had been kicked open, and the windows smashed. Their fragments flew in all directions.

Ye Jiuge peeked outside through the broken gap in the window and noticed a sharp-faced maid with an unkind demeanor leading a group of brawny old women (who had spiritual cultivation). They walked in with an aggressive manner.

“It’s, it’s Zhang Mama. She must have come to find us for revenge,” Zhen Zhu said, trembling with shock and fear.

Zhang Mama was Madame Su Yufeng’s maid who had accompanied her when she married into the family. Her spiritual cultivation was at the eighth stage. She was an arrogant and vicious woman whom no one dared provoke.

“Before I could get even with them, they’ve shown up here all by themselves.” Ye Jiuge smiled coldly. She stood up and walked outside.

“Eldest Miss, Qing Mama has stolen from Madame. We were interrogating her when you whisked her away and injured Miss Liu. Don’t you have any respect for the household rules?” Zhang Mama pointed at Ye Jiuge and scolded, as if she were the master.

“Household rules? I represent the household rules!” Ye Jiuge lifted her fingers and sealed Zhang Mama’s spiritual channels. Then, she lifted up her hands and struck Zhang Mama’s face with her spiritual energy. “You use your position of power to bully others. This slap is to teach you some etiquette!” As she spoke, she gave her another slap. “This slap is to teach you to be more aware of your place and think twice before acting!” Pa! Another slap. “This slap is merely because you displease me!”

Zhang Mama was stupefied by the three slaps. She glared at Ye Jiuge in disbelief and howled, “You dare to hit me.”

Pa! Another slap.

“Are you satisfied with that response?” Ye Jiuge grinned.

Zhang Mama shook with anger. She channeled her spiritual energy but was unable to use it. She turned to the maid behind her and screamed angrily, “What are you standing there for? Deal with her.”

“Who dares to touch me?” Ye Jiuge roared, subduing everyone. “According to the laws of the Lei Kingdom, servants who defy those with authority over them will be exiled to places thousands of miles away. If you are not afraid to die, then do not hesitate to come forward.”

Ye Jiuge’s burning gaze swept over them. The group of maids could not help but shudder. Slowly, they moved backwards.

Zhang Mama gritted her teeth with such hatred that they almost broke. She pointed at Ye Jiuge and scolded, “Okay. You win. Eventually, there will be a time when you will suffer the consequences.”

After she finished speaking, she turned around to return to the residence and seek reinforcements.

“You wish to leave? It isn’t that easy!” Ye Jiuge kicked her kneecap and turned around to address Zhen Zhu. “Get me some ropes. Zhang Mama has stolen my belongings, so I want to personally tie her up and interrogate her in the torture chamber.”

“You are speaking nonsense. I did not steal anything!” Zhang Mama struggled with all her might. However, Ye Jiuge tied her up like a zongzi and hauled her off from the Feihong Residence to the torture chamber.

The servants passing by were shocked. They thought that they were hallucinating in broad daylight to see the residence’s most respected servant, Zhang Mama, being dragged around like a dog by the incompetent Eldest Miss.

“I have been wrongly accused. Eldest Miss is misusing her power and abusing me for her private matters. She has even falsely accused me of stealing her belongings!” Zhang Mama howled along the way, so that everyone in the entire rear court heard her.

“If you did not steal anything, then what is this?” Ye Jiuge dragged Zhang Mama to the entrance of the torture chamber and retrieved the Purple Lightning Wood from the front part of her robe in front of everyone. She said gravely, “You are caught red-handed, so what else do you have to say for yourself?”

“I did not do this. You are framing me.” Zhang Mama glared at her. She had never seen this wood before.

“You still dare refuse to admit your mistake? Servant Gan, tie her up and beat her harshly. I want to find out who instructed her to steal from me.” Ye Jiuge looked at Servant Gan, who was in charge of the torture chamber.

“Eldest Miss, Zhang Mama is Madame’s servant. If you misuse your power, things won’t turn out well,” Servant Gan said, as she was being put in an awkward situation.

“Qing Mama is my servant. However, you did not hesitate a moment when you were torturing her. Don’t tell me that, in your eyes, the Madame is the mistress of this residence but I, rightful daughter of the clan, am a nobody.” Ye Jiuge raised her eyebrows. The glint in her eyes was sharp, as if it could bore a hole through a person.

Servant Gan did not dare reply. She had heard that, earlier, Eldest Miss had established such authority at the entrance that even the Old Master had submitted to her. Right now, no one could offend the Eldest Miss.

“Very well, it seems that you do not understand the human language.” Ye Jiuge slowly walked towards the rack that held the torture equipment and took up the thickest leather whip. She waved it at Servant Gan. “Do you still need me to repeat myself?”

“There is no need, no need. I understand, I understand.” Servant Gan felt her hair rise. Hurriedly, she brought out people to tie up Zhang Mama and prop her against the pillar. She said in a low voice, “No offense.”

After she finished speaking, she took up a leather whip that was moderately stiff and lashed it at Zhang Mama with a crisp sound.

She had been in charge of the torture chamber for a number of years, so she was very knowledgeable about whips. Although this lashing produced a clear sound, it was not at all painful for the person being hit.

“Servant Gan, have you not eaten yet?” Ye Jiuge raised her eyebrows slightly, then said coldly, “If you have not eaten now, then you will not need to eat in the future.”
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 12:17pm On Jan 11
Chapter 8: A confession: It seemed that Second Eldest Miss was behind this

Servant Gan was extremely frightened by Ye Jiuge, so she did not dare slack and became even harsher towards Zhang Mama.

Zhang Mama’s spiritual channels had already been sealed by Ye Jiuge. Without the protection of her spiritual force, she was no different from a common human. As the lashes hit her skin, she let out blood-curdling screams. After one hundred lashes, her entire body was soaked in blood, and she was left with only a single breath.

“Speak! Who really commanded you to steal my Purple Lightning Wood?” Ye Jiuge looked at the bloody Zhang Mama, expressionless. Her small number of wounds was nothing compared to the suffering that Qing Mama had experienced in the past.

Zhang Mama scowled at Ye Jiuge with bitter resentment. She moved her mouth but could not utter a single word.

Ye Jiuge moved forward unhurriedly and bent down slightly. She pretended to move her ears towards Zhang Mama’s mouth to hear her speak. Afterwards, she said in shock, “What did you say? It was the Second Eldest Miss who asked you to steal the Purple Lightning Wood to gift to the Crown Prince as a token of affection?”

Zhang Mama’s eyes widened. She wanted to defend herself, but she could not speak.

“Since you have acted on someone else’s behalf, I shall spare your life!” Ye Jiuge reacted with a benevolent expression and helped undo the ropes binding Zhang Mama’s body herself.

Shaken with anger, Zhang Mama could not endure it any longer and fainted.

Ye Jiuge asked Servant Gan to send Zhang Mama back to the Madame’s residence, then walked towards the Zhilin Residence, where she lived.

Qing Mama had already ordered the carpenters to clear away the broken front door and install a new one.

A brand-new mahogany door glowed faintly in the sunlight. Truly, it was very different from the decrepit wooden door before it.

“As expected, being soft-hearted allowed people to take advantage of us. Eldest Miss, your two rounds of lashings can be considered as part of building a ruthless reputation for our residence.” Qing Mama sighed wistfully.

In the past, the carpentry servants would have delayed in resolving matters at the Zhilin Residence, even shirking their responsibilities. Not only that, they would have sneered about how fussy the residents were.

Now, as soon as the carpentry manager heard that the Zhilin Residence needed to repair their door, he not only personally summoned his team to repair it, he also used the best door in the storage room.

The gardening servants also came forward, eager to spruce up the long-abandoned courtyard. They removed all the wilted flowers and planted fresh blossoms from the current season.

The house’s old furniture was also replaced. The entire residence had never been so clean and tidy before.

“Eldest Miss is the best.” Zhen Zhu grinned stupidly.

She had been right to secretly run back here and deliver the message. Eldest Miss had already raised her rank to a first-rank personal maid. To Zhen Zhu, it was truly a case of choosing the right person to depend on and benefitting from raising her personal worth. In contrast, the arrogant Hong Liu would be tied up and sold.

“Eldest Miss, you have returned. Are you tired? There is white fungus lotus seed soup boiling in the kitchen. I will fetch a bowl of it for you.” Qing Mama welcomed Ye Jiuge when she returned.

Although it was for the best that, currently, the Eldest Miss was exuding an imposing air, her inclination towards deliberate cruelty and violence was too strong. She should eat some white fungus to subdue it.

“Qing Mama, there is no rush.” Ye Jiuge pulled Qing Mama along and scrutinized her from top to bottom. She asked with concern, “How do you feel now?”

“I have never felt as excellent as this before.” Qing Mama gave her a confident smile.

Right now, she felt like her entire body was full of energy. As long as she cultivated properly, she would regain her previous progress.

“That is great.” Ye Jiuge’s lips curved slightly into a faint smile. She was truly happy for Qing Mama.

“It is too sunny outside. Eldest Miss, come inside first to cool yourself down!” Qing Mama quickly ushered Ye Jiuge into the house.

Zhen Zhu hurriedly went to the kitchen to bring out the white fungus lotus seed soup. She served Ye Jiuge until she finished it.

“Eldest Miss, you must be tired after such a long, busy day. Rest well.” Qing Mama helped Ye Jiuge set up her bed and left with Zhen Zhu.

Ye Jiuge felt a bit tired. She decided to rest for a while when an unpleasant feeling rose in her heart.

She lifted her wrist and looked at it. The imprint was shining with a purple light. Zi Shang appeared in front of her.

“Little Jiuge!”

As soon as Zi Shang appeared, his long snake tail coiled around her in an extremely possessive manner.

“I did not summon you, so why have you materialized in front of me?” Ye Jiuge did not want to see him at all.

“I am longing for you, so I came out to meet you.” Zi Shang’s red, wet lips curved slightly into a bright smile.

“It has not even been long enough to brew a pot of tea since our last meeting.” Not only that, since this demonic snake kept spying on her from inside the imprint in which he was hiding, what was there to long for?

“From the imprint, I observed how you taught the servants a lesson in a fearsome manner, and I was over the moon about how much I loved it. It would upset me if I did not come out and meet you personally.” Zi Shang wrapped his arms around Ye Jiuge’s waist, his purple irises thinned into a line, and the depths of his eyes shone mesmerizingly.

“Ha, ha. If the great Zi Shang loves it so much, would you like me to whip your body a few times so you can experience it? I am very willing to help you with that!” Ye Jiuge narrowed her eyes with a malicious smile.

If she was whipping this shameless demon snake, she would use more of her energy to whip him harder.

“Tsk, tsk. You are a Little Jiuge without a conscience. I have treated you so well, but you are still thinking of hitting me. You are truly a brutal person who likes to use violence.” Zi Shang was not angry at her. On the contrary, he laughed happily, akin to the splendid summer flowers.

“That’s right. I am a violent person. Which is why it is for your own good that you stay away from me.” Ye Jiuge placed both of her hands on his bare chest and pushed him away forcefully.

Every time they met, he wanted to press close to her. Was that a snake’s natural instinct?

Ye Jiuge considered whether she needed to buy a wooden bat to carry around at all times.

“A wooden bat is cold to the touch; it would not be as comfortable as hugging you.” Zi Shang smiled widely as he pressed himself closer and tightened his coil around her.

“Say, can you not be so close to me?” Although the coolness and smoothness of Zi Shang’s body was very comfortable, she still felt = unused to it!

Ye Jiuge suddenly smiled. Not only that, she smiled very gently, “If you can hear me because we are so close, what use are your ears? Let me chop them off for you and clean them properly.”

“Do you think that you are capable of cutting them off?” Zi Shang grinned confidently without any fear.

“That’s right. I would not be able to beat you in a fight now, but there are many demon catchers in the Lei Kingdom. If they became aware of your presence, do you think that severing both of your ears would be sufficient for them?” Ye Jiuge gave Zi Shang’s lower body a pointed look. The meaning behind her words was obvious.

“You dared to threaten me? Aren’t you afraid that I will revoke your spiritual power?” Zi Shang raised his eyebrow. Although he seemed relaxed and unconcerned, the imposing air of a conqueror that radiated from him was as oppressive as a fierce tiger.

“If you want to revoke it, then do it. I would rather die than betray myself and yield to your wishes.” Although Ye Jiuge spoke calmly, her resolve was unwavering. Her stance on the situation was as firm as a sharp unsheathed blade.

Zi Shang was moved. No one had spoken to him in this way before. The Lady of Holy Blood was truly the Lady of Holy Blood.

In the blink of an eye, he smiled as mischievously as he had before. “I was merely cracking a joke. Why do you have to be so serious about it?”

“I never joke. If you have nothing to discuss, then please leave without further ado. Thank you!” Ye Jiuge said politely.

“Who said that I have nothing to discuss?” Something had occurred to Zi Shang that made him laugh. “That sister of yours is not easily trifled with!”

TBC...
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 11:34pm On Jan 11
Chapter 9: Making a move: Su Yufeng’s schemes

“How do you know that it is not easy to deal with her?” Ye Jiuge expressed her doubts.

“Because there is nothing that I can’t do.” Zi Shang winked at Ye Jiuge, his eyes twinkling captivatingly.

“So?” He had ended his sentence halfway since he needed to be careful not to get struck by the lightning.

“So, if you beg me, not only will I forgive your rudeness, but I will also tell you what they are planning to do.” Zi Shang’s breath smelled like orchids. His voice was full of temptation. “Regardless of what you wish to know, I can tell you everything.”

“Ha, ha. I just want to know when you are planning to f*ck off.” Ye Jiuge rolled her eyes.

Actually, there were many matters about which she wished to learn. For example, the reason she had traversed into this world. Whether her grandfather was still alive, and, if he was still alive, where was he? Not only that, she wished to know why Zi Shang wanted to help her cultivation, what did he wish to obtain from her…

But she knew that it was useless to beg him for answers. Zi Shang would not tell her these things.

As for what Ye Shanshan was plotting, did he think that she was so ignorant that she did not know how to investigate such a simple matter by herself?

Ye Jiuge wore clothes meant for spying. With the darkness of night concealing her, she left the Zhilin Residence.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Ye Residence at Shuimo Garden, they saw Zhang Mama being carried back at that very moment, and chaos erupted.

“Mother, Ye Jiuge has already walked all over us. Don’t tell me that we still need to continue to tolerate her?” said Ye Shanshan furiously.

She had wanted to deal with Ye Jiuge earlier, when she was being humiliated at the entrance. However, her mother had advised her firmly that her father now thought of Ye Jiuge as a treasured person, so she had to tolerate her.

But now, Ye Jiuge’s insolence was grating on her nerves. If they did not retaliate soon, the servants would think that they were afraid of Ye Jiuge. If things continued in this way, would there still be a place for the mother and daughter pair?

Su Yufeng put down the teacup in her hands in a dignified and elegant manner. She eyed her personal maid, Zhi Hua, who was beside her. Immediately, Zhi Hua led everyone from the room.

“How many times have I told you that you are a future Crown Princess Consort, so you must be prim and proper? Why are you still so quick-tempered?”

Su Yufeng looked at Ye Shanshan with displeasure because Ye Shanshan could not behave according to her expectations. She was irritated that she could not see any improvement in her sinister-looking face. How could she not be angry that her treasured daughter had been humiliated? But, this time, it was the Old Master who had whipped her. It was not like she could seek him out and avenge her daughter.

Moreover, thanks to the ruckus, the fact that her daughter had pushed Ye Jiuge down into the Wanzhang Depths was now public knowledge. At present, she did not even have enough time to help her daughter keep a low profile until the fuss died down, so where would she find the time and energy to deal with Ye Jiuge?

“After the Crown Prince was humiliated by Ye Jiuge, he redirected his anger to me. He has not sent me letters for a few days, so what kind of Crown Princess Consort am I supposed to be?” Ye Shanshan’s eyes reddened, and her tears nearly fell.

During these last few days, she had commanded someone to send a message to the Crown Prince asking him to meet, but the Crown Prince kept declining by saying that he was very busy. He had completely lost his previous passion. Anxiety overwhelmed her.

“What happened? The Crown Prince was fine before, so why would he vent his anger at you now?”

As soon as Su Yufeng heard this news, she was not able to sit calmly. She had racked her brain in the hope of her daughter being crowned as the esteemed Crown Princess Consort, so she would not allow the Crown Prince to escape her grasp.

“This was all caused by Ye Jiuge, that stupid b*tch. Mother, please help me kill her and take back the Purple Lightning Wood. Then, the Crown Prince will return to my side,” Ye Shanshan begged, pulling on Su Yufeng’s sleeve. She knew that the Crown Prince wanted the Purple Lightning Wood. As long as she delivered it into his hands, he would definitely be impressed.

Su Yufeng’s expression changed again and again. Truth be told, since Ye Jiuge had humiliated her daughter and beat her trusted aide, she was itching to dismember Ye Jiuge into a thousand pieces. However, relying on Yun Tianwei’s excellent reputation, Ye Jiuge was acting so high and mighty that even Ye Yuxuan needed to ingratiate himself with her. If Su Yufeng dealt with her openly again, in the end, she and her daughter would be at a disadvantage.

“Mother, surely, you have a plan. Please, help your daughter!” Ye Shanshan trusted her mother completely.

Ye Jiuge’s damaged nerves and disfigured face had both been secretly caused by her mother. After all these years, no one had noticed. As long as her mother was willing to help her, Ye Jiuge would certainly die.

“Aye, I really owe you!” Su Yufeng eyed her daughter. Finally, she decided to get involved in the situation and help her deal with Ye Jiuge.

“I know that you love me the most. So, what do you plan to do?” Ye Shanshan’s eyes brightened, and she forgot to continue crying.

“Firstly, you shouldn’t ask about it. After we meet with your father, you will know.” Su Yufeng’s eyes were full of slyness. The mother and daughter pair would not be able to deal with Ye Jiuge by themselves. They needed their trump card, Ye Yuxuan, to succeed.

Ye Shanshan pulled her shoulders back and stammered, “Didn’t you say that I should stay away from Father at this time?”

Father was extremely furious that she had pushed Ye Jiuge down into the Wanzhang Depths, so she was avoiding him.

“Foolish girl, you do not need to be scared of him in my presence. Remember, when you see your father, do not mention Ye Jiuge. Just bringing up the Crown Prince will be sufficient.” After Su Yufeng instructed her with these few words, she brought her daughter to the study at the main residence.

As soon as Ye Yuxuan heard that Su Yufeng had arrived with her daughter, he put down the medical book in his hands and said, “Let them come in!”

“Your daughter has come to meet you, Father!” Ye Shanshan curtseyed obediently, her voice as sweet as honey.

At first, Ye Yuxuan was still angry with her, but when he saw how pretty and well-mannered his daughter was, he couldn’t help but relent. He asked her gently, “Why are you and your mother visiting me so late at night?”

“The Crown Prince recently wrote me a letter. I do not know what to do, so I have come to ask for your advice.” Ye Shanshan pretended to be deeply troubled and spoke in accordance with what her mother had told her.

“What did the Crown Prince say in his letter?” Ye Yuxuan’s heart jumped. All this while, the Crown Prince had made it obvious that he was dissatisfied with him, so he felt uneasy.

“Father, the Crown Prince has asked me to think of a way to obtain the Purple Lightning Wood!” Ye Shanshan said cautiously.

“Purple Lightning Wood?” Ye Yuxuan suddenly thought of the spectacle that had taken place in the inner courtyard earlier that day. Immediately, he furrowed his eyebrows and said with displeasure, “Since you put it that way, I have to ask: were you the one who asked Zhang Mama to steal the Purple Lightning Wood?”

“I didn’t.” Ye Shanshan was astonished and shook her head quickly. She had never ordered Zhang Mama to steal the Purple Lightning Wood from Ye Jiuge.

However, Ye Yuxuan did not believe her. He scolded her angrily, “How could you do such an idiotic thing? Did the dog eat your brain?”

This daughter seemed smart, most of the time. However, she had always lacked common sense during crucial moments, so much so that she had even harmed her own sister. Truly, she was a stupid girl. The most idiotic thing of all was how she had allowed others to discover what she had done. She was really as dumb as a pig.

“Father, really, I did not do it.” Ye Shanshan was so anxious that she almost cried. Quickly, she turned to her mother for help.

Su Yufeng came forward and said softly, “Old Master, our child Shanshan was unwise in her actions. However, what she has done she did for the Ye Clan. Jiuge insulted the Crown Prince in public. Because of this, the Crown Prince is now furious at the whole Ye Clan. If it were not for Shanshan trying to mediate between the two sides, I’m afraid that the relationship between the Crown Prince and the Ye Clan would worsen. Our daughter is so thoughtful. However, you still want to blame her. You are really too harsh.”
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 11:37pm On Jan 11
Chapter 10: Never-ending wicked plans

As Su Yufeng spoke, her tears flowed like pearls from a broken necklace.

Although she was over thirty, she had taken good care of her skin. With her tears, she pulled at Ye Yuxuan’s heartstrings with the unique charm of a young married woman. It pained him to see her unhappy. He immediately consoled her, “We can just talk properly if there is something you want to say. Why are you crying?”

“If you love me and my daughter dearly, then I do not need to cry.” Su Yufeng was choked with emotions that were laced with a small amount of hurt.

Immediately, Ye Yuxuan softened, patted Su Yufeng’s small hand, and said, “I know that you and our daughter have suffered. But you are also fully aware that there is gossip everywhere, so it is inappropriate to punish that terrible girl, Ye Jiuge, right now.”

“My daughter and I are not afraid that she is deliberately making things hard for us. It is just that this child, Ye Jiuge, has undergone such a sudden, huge personality change that she even dared to offend the Crown Prince. I am afraid that she will stir up greater troubles in the future and eventually implicate the Ye Clan.” Su Yufeng wiped her tears away and spoke with deep worry.

Ye Yuxuan also wanted to put that terrible, rebellious, and unfilial daughter of his, Ye Jiuge, in her place. Then, he would snatch away the treasures in her hands. But right now, everyone was so interested in the Ye Clan that he did not dare act!

“Old Master, I have some words to say. However, I do not know if I should say them.” Su Yufeng hesitated.

“What are the thoughts that you won’t express?” Ye Yuxuan’s interest was piqued. He lowered his voice and asked, “Do you have a way to deal with Jiuge?”

He had always known that his wife was not someone easily trifled with. Otherwise, he would not have married her.

“I did have a way, truly. However, I am afraid that after I tell you, you will reproach me for it.” Su Yufeng knitted her eyebrows, as if she were very troubled.

“We are husband and wife, so regardless of what you say, I will not blame you.” Ye Yuxuan encouraged her.

“Old Master, just listen with a grain of salt and determine for yourself if it is suitable or not …” Su Yufeng drew closer to Ye Yuxuan’s ear and murmured.

Ye Yuxuan’s eyebrows slowly creased. Then, he expressed his discontent, “Do we really need to use them as bait?”

“They are the only people who have a relationship with the Eldest Miss. If you feel that what I have suggested is wrong, then just pretend that I never uttered those words!” Su Yufeng said with fear and trepidation. She bowed her body in an attempt to kneel down and ask for forgiveness.

Ye Yuxuan pulled her up immediately. “What are you doing?”

“Old Master!” Su Yufeng lifted her head in slight distress. There was a hint of unease on her delicate and pretty face.

Ye Yuxuan was silent for a moment. In the end, he nodded as he agreed, “Alright, do it your way.”

Then, he took a small jade bottle, five centimeters long, out from a secret compartment in the study and passed it to Su Yufeng.

“Thank you, Old Master, for trusting me. Don’t worry, Old Master. I will definitely help you accomplish it.” Su Yufeng gave him a gentle and considerate smile and accepted the jade bottle from him before leaving with Ye Shanshan.

At her mother’s side, Ye Shanshan remained silent throughout the exchange. After they left the main residence, she took her mother’s hand and asked softly, “Mother, did you speak the truth earlier? Did father really entrust you with False Dream?”

“Foolish girl, didn’t you see it with your own eyes just now?” Su Yufeng swayed the jade bottle in front of Ye Shanshan then stowed it away.

“Did father really agree to it?” Ye Shanshan still wore an expression of complete disbelief.

It was a terrifying idea. If it had been her, she would not have even dared to speak of it. But, not only was her mother bold enough to tell her father their scheme, she had even made him participate in it.

“I am doing this for his sake, so why would he not agree?” Su Yufeng smiled coldly.

They would only be in the same boat if Ye Yuxuan was involved. That way, when she acted, she would not have any reason to fear consequences in the future.

“Mother, your method of killing two birds with one stone is too impressive!” Ye Shanshan looked at her mother with admiration. She had learned for the first time that a person could be so bold and confident about harming someone, so long as they knew that the scales of justice were tipped in their favor.

“Foolish girl, you still have more to learn.” Su Yufeng smiled and patted her daughter’s head.

She would never wish for her daughter to hear about such underhanded methods unless it helped her wise up.

“Mother, I will learn properly from you.” Ye Shanshan tugged at her mother’s hand excitedly. Only now did she realize that schemes she had used in the past had been too simple.

“Okay.” Su Yufeng smiled and patted her daughter’s hand. Her gaze turned to the Zhilin Residence, where Ye Jiuge resided. She smiled coldly. “Now, my daughter, I want to teach you the first move: how to kill someone without leaving a trace!”

Su Yufeng and her daughter thought that their plan was flawless, but they had no idea that Ye Jiuge was observing their every move.

“Your father is truly a pr*ck.” Zi Shang clicked his tongue in fascination. Humankind’s nature was truly wonderful. Every time he had the opportunity to witness it in action, it never ceased to amaze him.

Ye Jiuge’s eyes darkened.

She knew that Ye Yuxuan had treated her badly, but she had never thought that he would mistreat her to this extent. Because he wanted to deal with her, he went as far as agreeing to Su Yufeng’s malicious scheme.

“That reminds me, how does that bottle of False Dream relate to you?” Zi Shang asked.

Ye Jiuge was quiet for a while. Then, she replied calmly, “It was an elixir that was personally crafted by my mother, Yun Qiaoqiao, for Ye Yuxuan.”

During that year, a tumor was growing on Ye Yuxuan’s back which he needed to remove with a knife. Yun Qiaoqiao could not bear to see her husband suffer, so she had created False Dream. After a person consumed it, they immediately fell into a deep sleep. Even if their body was being cut with a knife, they would not feel a thing. After seven days without an antidote, the person passed away in their sleep.

Yun Qiaoqiao worried that someone might use False Dream to perform evil deeds against the Ye Clan, so Ye Yuxuan was the only one who had this elixir. Ye Jiuge did not have it. However, as Yun Qiaoqiao’s biological daughter, if she claimed to not have it, she was afraid that no one would believe her. This was why Su Yufeng had requested this specific elixir from Ye Yuxuan.

“So, what are you planning to do about it?” Zi Shang raised his eyebrow. When Su Yufeng and Ye Yuxuan used the elixir crafted by Ye Yuxuan’s previous wife to frame her daughter, they had shown just how cruel they really were.

“I will certainly give them a taste of their own medicine.” Ye Jiuge’s beautiful red lips curved into a sneer.

Truth be told, Su Yufeng’s scheme was actually perfect. She did not plan to use False Dream directly against Ye Jiuge’s body; she wanted to exploit the Fifth Concubine and her daughter to deal with Ye Jiuge indirectly.

The Fifth Concubine, Gu Jingyi, was originally a second-rank maid in the residence. One night, when Ye Yuxuan was drunk, he raped her. Her body had not disappointed, and she became pregnant.

It was a happy occasion in the residence when it was discovered that another child was to be born. Based on the pointed curve of her stomach, everyone said that she had conceived a boy. In a moment of happiness, Ye Yuxuan had made an exception and promoted her to Fifth Concubine.

Unexpectedly, she gave birth to a frail and sickly girl named Ye Ruyi.

As high as she had climbed up the ranks in the past, the harder she later fell. All of a sudden, Gu Jingyi lost Ye Yuxuan’s affection and was sent away to an isolated residence. She was in a worse situation than Ye Shanshan’s maid, who had gained her favor.

When she was a maid, Ye Jiuge’s mother had treated her kindly, so she had secretly taken care of Ye Jiuge. Theirs was a decent relationship. Ye Jiuge also loved the six-year-old, Little Ruyi, dearly.

Su Yufeng wanted to use Little Ruyi to blackmail the Fifth Concubine into helping her when she dealt with Ye Jiuge. The Fifth Concubine loved her daughter fervently. If her part in the scheme was for the sake of protecting her daughter, she would definitely agree.

Su Yufeng had even thought of why Ye Jiuge would want to harm Ye Ruyi. She would say that it was because Ye Ruyi had accidentally seen Ye Jiuge having an affair with another man, and so, wanted to poison her to death. When the time came, with the Fifth Concubine as a witness and the special poison, False Dream, as evidence, Ye Jiuge would not be able to prove her innocence. Then, Ye Yuxuan would step in and pressure her. He would make her hand over the Purple Lightning Wood and the other treasures from WanZhang Depths to clear her name.

These plans were intertwined. If Ye Jiuge had not trailed after Su Yufeng and her daughter in the shadows, she feared that she would have certainly fallen into their trap.

But now that she knew of these schemes, she was definitely going to help Su Yufeng make them more interesting.

TBC...
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 4:33pm On Jan 12
Chapter 11: Winning over the Fifth Concubine and coaching her

When Ye Jiuge turned up at the Fifth Concubine’s residence, she heard faint sounds of sad, pained cries. “Wu, wu, wu. I blame myself for being incapable of protecting you.”

She peeked in through the gap in the window and saw the Fifth Concubine crouching over a shabby bed and trying to restrain her agonized tears.

Little Ruyi’s face was pallid, and both of her eyes were tightly shut. Her skinny form was covered by a threadbare blanket with lotus motifs. Worry and gloom clouded the atmosphere throughout the residence; it was as if the sky had fallen.

Ye Jiuge was about to push the door open and enter when she heard Zi Shang say, “Eh?”

“What is going on?” Ye Jiuge questioned him, feeling uncertain.

“This sister of yours is quite interesting…” Zi Shang trailed off in the middle of the sentence.

It was obvious that he wanted Ye Jiuge to beg him for the rest. But it had been some time since Ye Jiuge had already gotten to know him well. If it was a serious matter, she did not need to speak at all because he notified her. But if it was an ordinary matter, Zi Shang did not need to inform her about it because she would be able to investigate it herself.

“What is this attitude you are giving me?” Zi Shang was dissatisfied that Ye Jiuge was ignoring him.

Ye Jiuge disregarded him completely, pushed the door open, and entered the house.

“Who?” When the Fifth Concubine heard some movement, she turned around quickly. As soon as she saw Ye Jiuge, her eyes widened in shock. She was not even aware that her handkerchief fell from her hand to the ground.

“Fifth Concubine, I heard that Fourth Sister is feeling unwell. I was passing by, coincidentally, so I have come to visit her.” Ye Jiuge came over and sat by the bedside. As she glanced at the dizzy Ye Ruyi, she inquired, “How is Fourth Sister’s condition now? Have you invited the physician over to examine her?”

“I did. He said that she has contracted a common cold and that she will recover after taking some medicine.” The Fifth Concubine’s voice was sore. Panic was in her eyes as she fidgeted.

“Fifth Concubine, why are you so anxious?” Ye Jiuge raised her eyebrow and pretended to ask curiously.

“I-I am worried about Fourth Miss’s illness. I am losing my mind.” The Fifth Concubine closed her eyes. She did not dare meet Ye Jiuge’s gaze.

“It’s not a huge problem. My medical skills have recently improved tremendously, so I can help diagnose Fourth Sister’s illness.” After Ye Jiuge spoke, she reached out to check Ye Ruyi’s pulse.

Ye Ruyi’s wrist was very slender, and her pulse was extremely weak. Not only that, her main qi was insufficient: the symptom of a weak body. This diagnosis was no different than what the previous physicians had found.

However, there was definitely a hidden meaning behind the words Zi Shang had uttered when Ye Jiuge had entered their residence. She guessed that Little Ruyi’s ailment could not be determined merely by checking her pulse.

Ye Jiuge turned her head and instructed, “Fifth Concubine, Fourth Sister must be uncomfortable with all that sweat on her body. You should boil some hot water and clean her.”

“Oh, okay!” Fifth Concubine nodded quickly, then left.

Ye Jiuge retrieved the Purple Lightning Wood from her pocket. She transferred her spiritual energy to it, and it transformed into the Lightning Fire Needle. She thrust the needle between Ye Ruyi’s brows with precision.

The dull-colored Lightning Fire Needle briefly glowed with a dazzling red and green light.

Ye Jiuge’s pupils dilated. She had never thought that this inconspicuous little sister of hers could be blessed with such luck. Su Yufeng must not know about Little Ruyi’s favorable attribute. Otherwise, she would not have allowed her to reach this age.

Tsk, tsk. Ye Jiuge smiled knowingly. At first, she had only wanted to extract False Dream from Fourth Sister and remove the Fifth Concubine and her daughter from this situation. However, she had unexpectedly discovered this shocking information. She could use it to smack Su Yufeng on her face until it was swollen. However, whether she revealed Little Ruyi’s favorable attribute depended on whether the Fifth Concubine was worthy of her trust.

At this time, the Fifth Concubine was also extremely conflicted. Although she did not want to betray Ye Jiuge, she was afraid that the Madame would kill her and her daughter. Whenever she felt sad and afraid, she could not stop herself from crying.

Nevertheless, she knew that she would not be able to escape death, even if she helped the Madame frame Ye Jiuge. If that was the case, she was willing to take her chances.

She had heard that the Eldest Miss had undergone so tremendous a change in personality after returning from the Wanzhang Depths that not even Su Yufeng dared to cause her trouble. Perhaps, the Eldest Miss could save her and her daughter.

After the Fifth Concubine made her decision, she ran into the house without extinguishing the fire. With a sound, she plopped herself into a kneeling posture in front of Ye Jiuge and sobbed, “Eldest Miss, I beg you, save Fourth Miss, please!”

She came clean about how Su Yufeng had ordered someone to force her daughter to ingest poison as well as threatened her to frame Ye Jiuge.

“Since you have told me about the scheme, aren’t you afraid that the Madame will harm you?” Ye Jiuge raised her eyebrow. She wanted to test the Fifth Concubine’s resolution.

“It is impossible to ask someone as wicked as her to act against her own interests. Since I will die eventually, it is better to take a leap of faith.”

A determined expression flashed across the Fifth Concubine’s delicate face. As a mother, she would not waver from her decision. For the sake of her daughter, even the most docile rabbit could become a fierce beast.

Ye Jiuge smiled with satisfaction. She said, “Fifth Concubine, please do not worry. Fourth Sister has merely ingested the Mind-calming Powder.”

“How is that possible?” The Fifth Concubine would not believe that Su Yufeng would be so benevolent as to deceive her by pretending that the Mind-calming Powder was poison.

Ye Jiuge said, “Do you not trust what I have told you?”

The Fifth Concubine studied Ye Jiuge’s calm expression. She considered how she had suddenly appeared so late at night understanding everything.

Pang, pang, pang. The Fifth Concubine pounded her head against the floor and said repeatedly, “You have my utmost gratitude, Eldest Miss. You have my utmost gratitude, Eldest Miss.”

“Fifth Concubine, you need not be so polite with me.” Ye Jiuge reached out and helped her up. “You will experience good fortune in the future.”

“I do not hope for any good fortune. As long as the Fourth Miss can live a smooth and steady life until her old age, I will be content.” The Fifth Concubine wiped her tears away. It was her fault for being so useless that she had given birth to a child with such a weak body.

“It is not up to you to refuse this good fortune. You must not be aware that, actually, the Fourth Sister…” Ye Jiuge lowered her voice and informed the Fifth Concubine about the favorable attribute she had discovered.

The Fifth Concubine’s eyes widened abruptly. She stared at Ye Jiuge in disbelief, and her voice trembled as she spoke, “Is this true? You-Are you lying to me?”

“Why would I fabricate such a thing?” Ye Jiuge smiled.

“Wu, wu, wu. I should have known that God would not forsake us. He would not allow other people to walk over my daughter and me for the rest of our lives.” The Fifth Concubine did not know whether to laugh or cry; it was as if her entire person had descended into madness.

Ye Jiuge understood her rollercoaster feelings of deep despair soaring immediately into extreme elation. She waited quietly to the side while the Fifth Concubine vented all her emotions.

After the Fifth Concubine calmed down, she realized that she had forgotten her manners. She said sheepishly, “Please excuse my reaction, Eldest Miss.”

“Don’t worry about it!” Ye Jiuge waved it away. She said, “However, I am afraid that Su Yufeng will not allow Fourth Sister to get away with such a favorable attribute. Fifth Concubine, if you want to ensure Fourth Sister’s safety, you must follow my instructions.”

“Eldest Miss, please instruct me without hesitation. Even if what you ask me to do is extremely challenging, I am not afraid,” said the Fifth Concubine with emotion.

“You should do this tomorrow…” Ye Jiuge lowered her voice and briefed the Fifth Concubine about her plans. In the end, she said, “As long as you do what I told you, I can guarantee that, in the Ye Residence, no one will dare bully you or your daughter.”

“Do not worry, Eldest Miss. I will certainly follow your orders.” Vindictiveness flitted across the Fifth Concubine’s eyes.

In the past, she’d had no way to stand up to Su Yufeng. All she could do to save her skin was put up with the oppression. But, when she became capable, she would certainly wreak vengeance on Su Yufeng as retaliation for all the pain and suffering that her daughter had endured.
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 4:34pm On Jan 12
Chapter 12: Exchanging blows: An entertaining show

Ye Jiuge was extremely satisfied with Fifth Concubine’s vicious attitude. She would not be able to face Ye Yuxuan and Su Yufeng alone. She needed to recruit more people to assist her. Recruiting the Fifth Concubine and Fourth Sister was only the beginning. Soon, Su Yufeng and Ye Shanshan would be weeping.

Meanwhile, at the Shuimo Garden…

Su Yufeng was holding a porcelain cup and sipping her tea leisurely.

Ye Shanshan sat beside her and asked Zhi Hua impatiently, “Have you made the arrangements?”

“To answer your question: Everything is in order. Tomorrow morning, someone will personally ensure that the Fifth Concubine will invite Eldest Miss to her residence,” Zhi Hua replied respectfully.

“Great!” Ye Shanshan nodded with relish. Then, she smiled and said to Su Yufeng, “I was always curious why you spared the Fifth Concubine and the sickly Fourth Sister and let them be. Now, I see that it was for the sake of dealing with Ye Jiuge.”

“That’s right. Being betrayed by someone you trust is truly the most painful feeling.” Su Yufeng smiled lightly.

Actually, the pawn she had wanted to use most was Qing Mama. It was a pity that Qing Mama’s personality was so unyielding. Nor did she have any sons or daughters, so it was not easy to find information to use against her. Therefore, Su Yufeng had to settle for the second-best alternative: The Fifth Concubine.

“Mother, you really are incredible!” Ye Shanshan looked at her mother with reverence. She would never reach a level where she would be capable of thinking ahead like this.

“Is this considered impressive?” Su Yufeng smiled, then asked Zhi Hua, “Have you found the person I asked for?”

“To answer your question, yes. He is a woodcutter living near the Wanzhang Depths. Currently, he is lodging at the Tongfu Inn,” Zhi Hua replied.

“You’ve done well. You may go.” Su Yufeng put down her teacup.

Zhi Hua bowed and retreated.

“Mother, why do you need a woodcutter?” Ye Shanshan asked in astonishment.

“Foolish girl! I want him to be Ye Jiuge’s adulterous partner, of course!” Without a man, how could she establish that Ye Jiuge had committed the crime of plotting against Ye Ruyi’s life to hide her affair?

“Can we trust this woodcutter? What will we do if he reneges at the last minute?” Ye Shanshan was slightly concerned. With falsified evidence, there was always a discrepancy.

“Foolish girl, dead men tell no tales,” said Su Yufeng meaningfully.

Ye Shanshan immediately understood her. She smiled and said, “Mother, you are right. It seems that, this time, Ye Jiuge will definitely not be able to turn the tables.”

Scheming to murder her own sister and poisoning her were crimes punishable by death. With the addition of adultery, Ye Shanshan could already foresee an outcome in which Ye Jiuge would be treated with utter disdain.

“You should pick up more of these tactics from me. Don’t fixate on insignificant matters all day. Remember, you are the future Crown Princess Consort, and, one day, you will be the empress!” Su Yufeng patted her daughter’s hand and said, “It is late now, you should return to your residence and rest.”

“I don’t want to. I want to sleep here tonight. When morning comes, let’s go together to see that b*tch, Ye Jiuge, suffer,” Ye Shanshan said cutely, clinging to Su Yufeng.

“I really can’t refuse you.” Su Yufeng tapped her daughter’s forehead and agreed.

When morning arrived, Ye Shanshan and Su Yufeng waited in the residence for the show to begin. However, all they saw was Ye Yuxuan storming in with a livid expression.

“Old Master, who has made you so furious this early in the morning?” Su Yufeng asked, feeling odd.

She had not received any news from Zhi Hua, and it was too early for the Fifth Concubine to have already ratted out Ye Jiuge.

“You have the nerve to ask?” Ye Yuxuan glared at Su Yufeng in a fierce manner. He scolded, “I know that you dislike the Seventh Concubine, but you cannot mistreat her like this.”

“Old Master, I do not understand what you mean. When did I treat the Seventh Concubine badly?” Su Yufeng could not make sense of the situation.

“If you did not want to make her suffer, then why was she inflicted with False Dream?” Ye Yuxuan looked at Su Yufeng as if he wanted to swallow her alive.

Su Yufeng denied it immediately, “I didn’t do it.”

Although she hated that fox, Seventh Concubine, she would definitely not resort to such an underhanded tactic to deal with her.

“I already went to look into the matter at the Seventh Concubine’s residence. The evidence is solid and indisputable. You still dare to argue with me?” Ye Yuxuan did not believe Su Yufeng’s claim in the slightest.

There was only one bottle of False Dream in the entire Ye Residence, and it was the one he had personally handed to Su Yufeng last night.

“Old master, we have been husband and wife for a few decades now, so don’t tell me that you still don’t understand me?” Su Yufeng’s eyes reddened as she sobbed, “Even if I wanted to harm the Seventh Concubine, I would not use False Dream. Wouldn’t that incriminate me?”

Ye Yuxuan furrowed his brows. He had to admit that Su Yufeng was right: She was not that stupid. But, if not her, then who?

Su Yufeng shared his doubt. She had only obtained False Dream last night, and the Seventh Concubine was poisoned this morning. Someone wanted to frame her.

Who possessed such a remarkable ability to foresee the future and would use it to land her in hot water?

Despite much thought, Su Yufeng was perplexed. Just then, Zhi Hua walked in hurriedly and reported, “Old Master, Madame, Eldest Miss has arrived with the Fifth Concubine. They were causing a fuss outside. They said that they needed the Old Master to redress an injustice.”

Su Yufeng sobered up at once. “Ask them to wait in the outer hall.”

The fact that the Seventh Concubine had been inflicted with False Dream was now an insignificant matter. Right now, the most important thing was to deal with Ye Jiuge and obtain the Purple Lightning Wood as well as the other treasures in her possession.

Zhi Hua did not reply immediately. Instead, she looked at Su Yufeng with slight apprehension. She really wanted to inform Madame that there was something fishy going on with the Eldest Miss and Fifth Concubine.

However, the Old Master was standing in front of Madame, so she did not dare to speak. She could only signal secretly to the Second Miss at her side with a few meaningful glances.

Unfortunately, Ye Shanshan was unable to grasp Zhi Hua’s intentions. Instead, she chided her with displeasure, “Why are you still here idling? Why haven’t you taken us there yet?”

“Okay.” Zhi Hua had no choice but to turn around and walk out.

“Old Master, we will discuss the Seventh Concubine later. For now, let us first see to the Fifth Concubine!” Su Yufeng spoke gently.

“Hmph!” Ye Yuxuan’s anger did not subside. He harrumphed coldly and walked out. Su Yufeng and Ye Shanshan quickly tailed along.

The Fifth Concubine was standing in the Main Hall. She was wearing a well-worn lotus-colored dress. Her eyes were as swollen as peaches. She looked extremely thin and pale.

Ye Jiuge wore a faded green dress. Her face was expressionless as she looked at Ye Yuxuan, Su Yufeng, and Ye Shanshan as they entered. When she thought about how this trio had conspired to harm her, she felt beyond disgusted. However, the main character of today’s show was the Fifth Concubine. For now, that’s all she could tolerate.

“Fifth Concubine, since you have brought Ye Jiuge here, do you have any matters to discuss with me?” Ye Yuxuan lifted his robe as he sat on his seat, prepared to hear the Fifth Concubine’s grievance about how Ye Jiuge was plotting her sister’s death.

Unexpectedly, the Fifth Concubine did not even react to his question. Instead, she flew at Su Yufeng like a deranged tiger and screamed her lungs out. “Su Yufeng, since you dared to hurt my daughter, I am going to fight you with all my life.”

Su Yufeng never expected the Fifth Concubine to have the courage to attack her. Since she was caught off guard, the Fifth Concubine’s long nails violently clawed her face. Immediately, a few streaks of blood oozed from her delicate cheeks.

Su Yufeng had been Madame Ye for many years, so no one had ever dared lay a finger on her before. It was incredulous that the one who had assaulted her was the Fifth Concubine, whom she looked down on most.

In her fury, Su Yufeng lost her mind. She disregarded Ye Yuxuan’s presence at her side and raised her hand to smack the Fifth Concubine on the chest.

TBC...
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 7:21am On Jan 16
Chapter 13: The Tables have Turned: A Mouthful of Blood

The Fifth Concubine spewed blood excessively as a result of the impact from Su Yufeng’s blow. Her body flew like a kite with cut strings.

Ye Jiuge leapt to catch the Fifth Concubine. When she landed, she bellowed at Su Yufeng angrily, “Su Yufeng, you really are cold-blooded. Not only did you not stop at harming Fourth Sister, you also did not spare the Fifth Concubine. Are you even human?”

Before Su Yufeng could reply, Ye Shanshan was unable to restrain herself. She stepped forward to curse at Ye Jiuge, “Ye Jiuge, what nonsense are you saying? When did my mother harm Fourth Sister? It is clear that you were committing adultery with an uncultured man out there in the wilderness, and Fourth Sister accidentally stumbled into the midst of it, so you used False Dream to harm her.”

Pa! Ye Jiuge slapped her immediately. She said coldly, “You are a nobody without any manners. Your elder sister is speaking. Since when do you have the right to interrupt me?”

Ye Shanshan covered her face with her hands and glared at Ye Jiuge. Her voice trembled as she said, “You, you dare to hit me?”

Pa! Ye Jiuge slapped her again. “How did your mother raise you? Don’t you know to use honorifics when speaking to your elder sister?”

Ye Shanshan was afraid that she would be slapped again, so she retreated behind Su Yufeng’s back and cried, “Mother!”

“Ye Jiuge, you dare to beat your younger sister in front of your father and me. Do you even respect your elders?” Su Yufeng trembled with anger. She raised her hand, ready to hit her back.

However, Ye Jiuge caught her wrist. She threw her very fiercely to the ground, “Anyone else could claim that I am ill-mannered, anyone except a wicked woman like you. You have no right to say this.”

Su Yufeng dropped to her knees pitifully in front of Ye Yuxuan. Her hair was disheveled as she shouted, “Old Master!”

“Ye Jiuge, what is wrong with you?” Ye Yuxuan’s face was ashen. He was so angry that he was trembling.

“Father, there is nothing wrong with me. Su Yufeng is the one who is out of her mind. You must not be aware that, last night, she and her accomplices rushed into the Fifth Concubine’s residence. It is unthinkable that she would pin Fourth Sister and force poison down her throat.” Ye Jiuge was stony as she spoke.

How could Ye Yuxuan not know about it? He had agreed to the whole plan. However, shameless as he was, he would never admit his involvement to Ye Jiuge. Therefore, he said coldly, “What kind of nonsense are you spouting? Why would she make my fourth daughter ingest poison for no reason?”

“That’s right. A sickly child like Ye Ruyi cannot live long, even if we left her alone. Who has so much spare time as to force her to ingest poison?” Ye Shanshan helped Su Yufeng up. Her gaze was filled with resentment as she looked at the Fifth Concubine and said, “Not only that, neither the Fifth Concubine nor her daughter’s lowly lives are even worth an elixir, so why would someone want to incur these losses?”

“Second Miss, my life is worthless. However, the Fourth Miss is the Old Master’s flesh and blood. Don’t tell me that, in your eyes, the Old Master is worthless too?” The Fifth Concubine panted as she spoke.

“Fifth Concubine, I truly think that you are possessed. How dare you speak in such a disgraceful manner!”

Su Yufeng glared at the Fifth Concubine, who had switched sides at the last minute. She wished that she could dismember her corpse into a thousand pieces. She turned to Zhi Hua and commanded, “Someone, come and take the Fifth Concubine away, then invite a physician over to treat her properly!”

She emphasized ‘treat’ on purpose. It was obvious that she wanted to take her life.

“Let us see who has the audacity to touch her?!” Ye Jiuge shielded the Fifth Concubine with her body.

Zhi Hua did not dare move. She looked at Su Yufeng in a submissive manner.

Su Yufeng screamed at Ye Yuxuan, “Old Master, are you going to watch Ye Jiuge humiliate my daughter and me and not do anything?!”

“Su Yufeng, don’t blame your crimes on me when you were the one who committed them. It was you and your daughter who were treating other people with contempt!” Ye Jiuge smiled coldly. She turned around and spoke to the ashen-faced Ye Yuxuan, “Father, if you do not look deeply into this, you will definitely regret it for life!”

Ye Yuxuan’s eyebrows creased. He abhorred the kind of attitude that Ye Jiuge was displaying right now.

It reminded him of how smug his father-in-law, Yun Tianwei, had been in the past.

However, he also knew that, when someone was acting this smug, it meant that something was happening that should not be overlooked.

“Father, please, don’t listen to Elder Sister’s nonsense. Mother has always been virtuous and upright. It is impossible that she would harm the Fourth Sister. They are framing her.” Ye Shanshan gritted her teeth as she spoke.

Ye Jiuge did not even look at her. She leveled her burning gaze at Ye Yuxuan. One could not ignore her. If he missed this chance to probe into what was going on with her today, he would regret it his whole life.

Ye Yuxuan really wanted to leave everything behind and go. But after thinking about it properly, in the end, he harrumphed, “Alright, I want to see what kind of tricks you have up your sleeve.”

Ye Jiuge lowered her head. She spoke softly to the Fifth Concubine, “Fifth Concubine, if you have faced any injustice, feel free to tell Father. I believe that Father will definitely help you and Fourth Sister redress it.”

The Fifth Concubine wiped the fresh blood from the sides of her lips and walked unsteadily to Ye Yuxuan. Her voice was quaking as she said, “Old Master, Madame has plotted against the Fourth Miss’s life. It was because she found out about Fourth Miss’s exceptionally favorable attribute.”

“What exceptionally favorable attribute?” Ye Yuxuan’s curiosity was piqued. He could not help but look at Ye Jiuge. Could it be that this wretched girl had given his fourth daughter a beneficial item and Su Yufeng wanted to snatch it away when she found out?

He was immediately displeased at the thought of Su Yufeng misappropriating a valuable treasure behind his back.

“Old Master, please do not listen to her baseless accusations. The Fourth Miss stays in her residence every day without setting a foot outside. How is it possible that she possesses an exceptionally favorable attribute? It was clearly…” Su Yufeng started to feel a little anxious. She felt that matters had escalated beyond her control and were rapidly heading in an unknown direction.

“Shut up.” Ye Yuxuan interrupted Su Yufeng impatiently. Afterwards, he told the Fifth Concubine, “You better be honest and tell me clearly what kind of favorable attribute my fourth daughter possesses. If there is any lie to it…”

He did not need to threaten her further. He believed that the Fifth Concubine understood what could happen to her.

Without a doubt, she knew.

She straightened her back and swept her gaze past Su Yufeng and Ye Shanshan’s vindictive faces. After looking at Ye Jiuge’s encouraging eyes, she spoke in a serious voice, “Old Master, actually, I wanted to inform you a long time ago that our Fourth Miss’s Wood Fire Spiritual Root has awakened. In the future, she will be the Ye Clan’s most powerful spiritual alchemist!”

“What did you say?” Ye Yuxuan stood up abruptly. His gaze burned into Fifth Concubine as he spoke, “Did you say that our fourth daughter possesses a Wood Fire Spiritual Root?”

“Old Master, I speak nothing but the truth. A few days ago, the Fourth Miss could not stop coughing. I kneeled in front of Madame for a long time. Finally, Madame agreed to let a physician take a look at her. The physician said that this was the sign that the Fourth Miss’s spiritual root has awakened. However, her body is too weak so she can only survive if she has sufficient rest. I reported this to Madame, hoping to request some tonic. I never thought that, rather than sending me tonic, she would give me poison instead…”

As the Fifth Concubine spoke, she cried. Her tears flowed down her face and dripped from her chin, mingling with the fresh blood on her lapel. With that miserable appearance, no one could suspect her of lying.

“Nonsense!” Su Yufeng replied in a shrill voice, as if she was a hen seized by the neck.

She had no idea that Ye Ruyi’s Wood Fire Spiritual Root had awakened. If she had known about it earlier, weeds would already be growing over the stupid girl’s grave.
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 7:22am On Jan 16
Chapter 14: A Treasure: Wood Fire Spiritual Root

“Old Master, I did not make this up. If you do not believe me, then go ahead and investigate. If I have lied about anything, may lightning strike me five times!” the Fifth Concubine swore while sobbing.

Ye Yuxuan was no longer suspicious of her words. He turned toward Su Yufeng, and his eyes seemed as if they might shoot flames at her. “Malicious woman, you dared to harm my beloved daughter?”

Before, she had been Ye Yuxuan’s most worthless daughter. But now that her Wood Fire Spiritual Root had awakened, she had abruptly transformed into his “beloved daughter.” Because the Wood Fire Spiritual Root’s elements were complementary, Ye Ruyi was now the most suitable candidate to practice elixir creation techniques. Although Ye Shanshan was known as a gifted Spiritual Elixir Alchemist, she possessed the inferior Fire Spiritual Root. Compared with the Wood Fire Spiritual Root, there was a huge difference.

Ye Yuxuan himself had proclaimed that the Ye Clan had the best lineage of elixir alchemists in the Lei Kingdom. However, he had allowed such a gem to gather dust in his residence. Not only that, he had almost caused her death. If this news got out, he would certainly be a laughing stock.

“Old Master, I have been wrongly accused!” Su Yufeng said, gaping at Ye Yuxuan pitifully.

After being his wife for so many years, Su Yufeng understood Ye Yuxuan’s personality well. He was not furious because of his profound feelings for the Fifth Concubine and Ye Ruyi, but because she had failed to fulfill her promise to bring Ye Jiuge to her knees. He felt that he had been lied to. Su Yufeng felt slightly anxious. She did not understand how her perfect plan had culminated in this situation.

“Wicked woman, just you wait. I will return later and get even with you.” Ye Yuxuan flung up his sleeves in anger then headed off to the Fifth Concubine’s residence with hurried steps.

He was in a rush to find out if his beloved daughter truly possessed the Wood Fire Spiritual Root. Su Yufeng and Ye Shanshan did not dare follow him. They could only watch the Fifth Concubine leave, grasping after Ye Jiuge with vengeful eyes.

“Mother, what should we do now?” As Ye Shanshan helped Su Yufeng up, she looked downtrodden. The red palm print on her face had not yet faded.

“It’s not a big deal. Your father’s anger is just temporary. Once it subsides, everything will be fine.” Su Yufeng’s expression hardened.

This time, her plan had not gone as expected: She had underestimated the Fifth Concubine’s guts. She would not make the same mistake again. The Fifth Concubine, Ye Jiuge, and Ye Ruyi—she would not spare any of these b*tches.

After the Fifth Concubine left the Shuimo Garden with Ye Jiuge supporting her, Ye Jiuge asked softly, “Fifth Concubine, are you all right?”

The Fifth Concubine had only needed to pretend to be as pitiful as possible in front of Ye Yuxuan. Ye Jiuge had never expected the Fifth Concubine to risk her life. Luckily, Su Yufeng had not hit her with all her might. Otherwise, the Fifth Concubine would have been struck dead on the spot.

“It’s only a small matter. I am glad to receive this blow.” The Fifth Concubine laughed happily. She felt that one mouthful of blood was worth it to see Su Yufeng admonished.

“After this, I will prescribe you a few medicines. For the next few days, you should rest in your bed so that you can avoid illness in the future.” In recent years, the Fifth Concubine’s health had deteriorated. Since she was afflicted by ailments at such a young age and had endured a blow today, Ye Jiuge worried that she would die young.

The Fifth Concubine shook her head and remained silent. She hastened her steps and followed Ye Yuxuan into her dilapidated residence.

Ye Ruyi was still laying semi-conscious on her bed. Qing Mama and Zhen Zhu were keeping watch beside her. When they saw Ye Yuxuan enter, they quickly curtseyed and said, “Greetings to you, Old Master!”

Ye Yuxuan waved them away impatiently. Afterwards, he took out a Spirit Appraisal Stone and personally assessed Ye Ruyi’s spiritual root. When a green and red glow appeared, he immediately clapped his hand on his thigh and said, “Great, great, great!”

Zi Shang grinned. “Tsk, tsk. If your despicable father is this excited merely discovering a Wood Fire Spiritual Root, what about when he finds out that yours is a rare Lightning Fire Spiritual Root that only appears once every ten thousand years? Won’t he be overjoyed?”

Leaving the Wanzhang Depths with Little Jiuge had been an excellent decision. Every single day, Zi Shang was able to watch interesting dramas unfold!

“He will not have the chance to find out.” A hint of contempt flashed across Ye Jiuge’s twinkling eyes. By the time he became aware of its existence, she would already be standing on a pedestal he could never reach.

“Old Master, Fourth Miss has been unconscious ever since Madame forced poison down her throat last night. Can you please check on her?” As the Fifth Concubine spoke, her voice was choked with emotion.

To ensure that their deception would appear completely genuine, Ye Jiuge had fed Ye Ruyi some False Dream that morning.

“It is not a serious matter. Our fourth daughter is merely experiencing the effects of Mind-calming Powder. She will be fine after consuming some medicine that will help her regain her consciousness,” Ye Yuxuan said flatly. With these words, he absolved Su Yufeng of her crime of forcing Ye Ruyi to ingest poison. Regardless of how furious he was with Su Yufeng, he still needed to protect her reputation.

The Fifth Concubine dug her fingernails deeply into her own skin. She was afraid that her expression would expose her hatred, so she did not dare raise her head.

Since Ye Jiuge was already well-aware that Ye Yuxuan would not displace Su Yufeng so easily, she was not angry at all. When she saw that Ye Yuxuan had brought out the antidote to False Dream, she stalled him, saying, “Father, let me give Fourth Sister the antidote!”

“Okay!” Ye Yuxuan passed the antidote to Ye Jiuge.

Ye Jiuge propped up Ye Ruyi and wedged the tiny red elixir in between her thin pale lips. After Ye Ruyi consumed it, her eyebrows trembled slightly. Then, slowly, her eyes opened.

“Fourth Sister, how are you feeling right now?” Ye Jiuge placed a pillow behind her back so that she could rest on the headboard.

“Eldest Sister, why are you here?” Ye Ruyi was perplexed.

“I heard that you were sick, so I came over to visit you.” Ye Jiuge patted Ye Ruyi’s small hand. While she did not expect these words to bring back last night’s nightmare of being forced to swallow poison, Ye Ruyi shuddered. Her eyes searched everywhere for her mother. When she found her, she was stunned by her mother’s awful appearance. Shocked, she asked, “Mother, why is your chest covered in blood?”

“I am fine.” The Fifth Concubine quickly covered up the blood on her chest. Then said, stuttering, “This, this is because I…”

“Wu, wu. I am certain that this happened because Madame wanted to harm you. She, she…” Ye Ruyi wheezed as she cried. Then, she rolled her eyes and fainted again.

“Fourth Miss, what is happening to you?” The Fifth Concubine was so startled that she felt like her soul was detaching from her body.

“Do not worry, Fifth Concubine, Father is here.” Ye Jiuge looked at Ye Yuxuan.

Regardless of who had administered the treatment, there was no difference! As a third stage high-level Elixir Alchemist, Ye Yuxuan was skilled at treating illnesses. With concentration, he reached out and checked his fourth daughter’s pulse. His expression immediately became most unpleasant.

He had never thought that his daughter’s body’s condition would be so feeble.

To produce elixirs, one was required, not only to possess a special spiritual root endowed with favorable attribute, but to be in good health. Otherwise, even the most optimal attribute was futile.

“Old Master, what is wrong with Fourth Miss?” asked the Fifth Concubine anxiously.

“How did the condition of my fourth daughter’s body become so weak? How do you usually care for her?” Ye Yuxuan retracted his hand and glared at the Fifth Concubine fiercely. His daughter was perfectly fine, but because of her parenting, she had ended up in this state. She really was a worthless woman.

“Old Master, it is my fault for being so useless. For the past few years, I have not been able to feed Fourth Miss well.” Fresh tears flowed again from the Fifth Concubine’s swollen red eyes.

“What do you mean by ‘not being able to feed her well’?” Despite his anger, Ye Yuxuan laughed. Did she have the impression that his Ye Residence was a beggar’s nest?

“Father, before replying, you should take a look at the room where the Fifth Concubine and Fourth Sister were living!” Ye Jiuge’s eyelids were slightly lowered, and her long eyelashes concealed her sneer.

TBC...
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 11:46am On Feb 06
Chapter 15: Overthrown: When the Servant Becomes the Master

Ye Yuxuan surveyed the entire place before realizing that this wing of the residence was extremely shabby. The windows were full of cracks, the stools had lost their legs, and there was not even a teapot or cups on the table.

He had truly been unaware that such a deplorable place existed in his Ye Residence. Not only that, his concubine and daughter were living in it.

Now, he was slightly more convinced that his fourth daughter’s condition was so weak because she was not eating properly.

“Father, although Fourth Sister’s body is feebler than others, if we use elixir to nurse her back to good health, it is possible that she will be healthy again. Don’t you have quite a lot of Vitality Strengthening Elixir? Why don’t you give Fourth Sister a few bottles to take?” Ye Jiuge smiled as she spoke.

She knew that Ye Yuxuan had always been stingy. Asking him to hand over his elixirs was no different than taking his life, which was why she had intentionally made this request.

Ye Yuxuan could not help but contort his face. With painful reluctance, he brought out a jade bottle and pretended to be generous as he said, “Alright. I shall give this bottle of Vitality Strengthening Elixir to my fourth daughter. If it is insufficient, feel free to ask me for more.”

Although he could not bear to part from his elixirs, he was even more unwilling to give up his Fourth Daughter’s favorable attribute. He was so conflicted that he could feel his liver throbbing with pain.

Ye Jiuge accepted the elixir and pushed it into the Fifth Concubine’s hands. She smiled and said, “Father has promised to allocate two bottles of Vitality Strengthening Elixir to Fourth Sister every month to nurture her back to good health. Fifth Concubine, quickly thank Father on behalf of Fourth Sister.”

“I would like to express my gratitude on behalf of Fourth Miss for Old Master’s benevolent love!” The Fifth Concubine immediately kneeled down and knocked her head against the floor towards Ye Yuxuan.

However, Ye Yuxuan glowered at her. When had he promised to give his fourth daughter two bottles of Vitality Strengthening Elixir every month?

In one bottle, there were fifteen Vitality Strengthening Elixirs. Without considering the time, energy, and spiritual cultivation required, the medicinal ingredients alone cost one hundred and fifty silver taels. This amount of money was too expensive to nurse his fourth daughter back to good health!

However, Ye Jiuge and the Fifth Concubine kept echoing each other, and he was not shameless enough to reject their request. He could only force a smile and say, “My fourth daughter has a weak body, but she does not need two bottles in a month. One is sufficient.”

“If you think that one bottle is enough, then one should be enough!” Ye Jiuge was extremely satisfied. It was known that his most favored daughter, Ye Shanshan, received one bottle of Vitality Strengthening Elixir monthly.

“Thank you, Old Master,” Fifth Concubine thanked him repeatedly.

“Enough. Take good care of our fourth daughter. If she encounters any more problems, I will hold you responsible.” Ye Yuxuan’s heart was still aching over the loss of his elixir, so he did not wish to linger a moment longer.

“Old Master, do not worry. I will definitely take good care of Fourth Miss.” The Fifth Concubine kept nodding her head. Afterwards, she said hesitantly, “It’s just that the Fourth Miss was in poor health, and I’m afraid that it would be inappropriate for her to continue living in this shabby room. I beg you to intercede and ask Madame to have mercy on us and allow Fourth Miss to move into a better residence. At any rate, she is also your daughter!”

“My daughter should have been tended to with the utmost care. She does not need Su Yufeng, that wicked woman, to show mercy. In the future, you do not need to defer to her regarding residence matters. You can be in charge,” Ye Yuxuan said angrily.

That malicious woman, Su Yufeng, dared to mistreat his precious daughter behind his back. Now, she has caused him to use so many elixirs to nurse his beloved daughter back to health. He is infuriated!

The more Ye Yuxuan thought about it, the angrier he became. “In the future, you and Seventh Concubine will be responsible for this household.” After he spoke, he left.

The Fifth Concubine was dumbfounded as she watched Ye Yuxuan’s figure leave. She turned her head and asked Ye Jiuge, “Eldest Miss, what did Old Master mean?”

Ye Jiuge thought about it, then said, “Father must have meant that, in the future, the Ye Residence’s household matters will be managed by you and Seventh Concubine.”

“It’s impossible!” The Fifth Concubine still felt like she was dreaming. Just last night, she was attempting to fight for a bright future for her daughter at all costs. She had never thought that, not only would she not lose her life, but she would shoot through the ranks, going from a position where anyone could look down upon her to becoming someone who wielded authority over a few hundred people throughout the entire residence.

“Father has spoken, and he will not renege on his words. You’ve had a stroke of luck, so you should seize this opportunity.” Ye Jiuge reckoned that Ye Yuxuan had made this decision in a fit of anger. However, if he wanted to go back on his words later, she would not allow it.

“But I do not know how to manage a household!” The Fifth Concubine’s face was full of trepidation.

Although she had been a lady skilled in fine arts and slightly literate before being sold into the Ye Clan, managing such a large group of people all of a sudden was going to be an extremely difficult task for her.

“You do not need to be too worried about managing the household. After this, I will ask Qing Mama to come help you. Slowly, you will learn and be able to do it,” Ye Jiuge assured her.

In the past, Qing Mama had assisted Ye Jiuge’s mother in managing the Ye Residence’s household. She was extremely well-versed in domestic matters and could handle them proficiently at any time.

“However, if the servants refuse to listen to my orders and merely pay me lip service, what should I do?” The Fifth Concubine could not stop worrying. All these years, she had been treated very badly, so she understood the servants’ tormenting practices extremely well.

“If they refuse to listen, you can give them a good beating. After you have beaten one to death, then pick another.” Ye Jiuge smiled coldly. In any case, half of the servants in the Ye Residence were Su Yufeng’s trusted underlings, so she could beat them as she pleased.

As soon as the Fifth Concubine heard that she needed to hit someone, her heart skipped a beat. A reluctant expression appeared on her face.

Although she had hardened her heart and dared to risk her life to achieve her objective, she was still a naturally kind person; she could not just simply punish someone.

“Just keep thinking of Fourth Sister. If you do not hit these servants, when Su Yufeng is freed from any restrictions, you will be the one who will be beaten. It is impossible for her hands to be tied forever.” Ye Jiuge understood Su Yufeng’s personality well. It was impossible to expect her to resign herself to this. Now, the duel had truly begun.

“Eldest Miss, you are right. I know what I should do now.” As soon as the Fifth Concubine thought of her daughter, determination immediately flashed past her face.

“After this, I will ask Qing Mama to come over. However, regardless of how capable Qing Mama is, she is merely a servant of the Ye Clan. As a master, you need to establish your power. In the future, do not refer to yourself as a servant. You are the biological mother of Fourth Sister, so you are in a respectable position. Do not belittle yourself. Do you understand?” Ye Jiuge knew that the Fifth Concubine was used to being oppressed, so she might not be able to change in such a short period of time. However, as long as Ye Jiuge mentioned Fourth Sister, she would listen.

“Eldest Miss, do not worry. Your humble servant—No, I understand.” The Fifth Concubine nodded. She had not been born feeling inferior. In the past, her rank in the residence had been lowly. The only way she could protect her daughter and ensure her survival was to put herself beneath everyone.

Now that she had a chance to be at the top of the hierarchy, naturally, she did not wish to continue to be tormented at the bottom.

“As long as you are aware of what to do, it will be fine.” Ye Jiuge nodded.

Although she looked young, after experiencing two lifetimes, she was composed enough not to feel conflicted about admonishing a concubine who was superior to her in terms of age and seniority.

The Fifth Concubine was also seeking her advice with utmost sincerity. She asked at once, “Eldest Miss, since Old Master mentioned that, in the future, the responsibility of handling household matters in the residence will be handed to Seventh Concubine and me, should I go ahead and sort things out with her?”

“Even if you wanted to sort things out, you should wait for the Seventh Concubine to seek you.” Ye Jiuge smiled faintly.

“Seventh Concubine is a spiritual practitioner, dearly treasured by Old Master all this time. I am afraid that she will be unwilling to come.” The Fifth Concubine was worried.

She was only an ordinary person, so she had always felt like she was less than the spiritual practitioners.

“Fifth Concubine, you only need to remember that your daughter, Ye Ruyi, possesses a Wood Fire Spiritual Root. She is an Elixir Alchemist with the best favorable attribute. In the future, those spiritual practitioners will need to accommodate her wishes. Then, everything will be fine.”
Re: The Unparalleled Spiritual Doctor: Demon Emperor’s Defiant Love by VikksyPlanet: 11:46am On Feb 06
Chapter 16: Be Obedient: Elder Sister Will Ensure Your and Your Mother’s Safety

“Are Elixir Alchemists that impressive?” Although the Fifth Concubine knew that Elixir Alchemists were valued, her daughter was still sickly and feeble in bed. She had not even produced even one elixir yet, so she did not feel reassured at all.

“Of course. Otherwise, why would Seventh Concubine be willing to be father’s concubine?” Ye Jiuge spoke nonchalantly.

The Seventh Concubine, Mu Xianglan, was a Wood Elemental Beginner Spiritual Practitioner. She was young and beautiful; if she had wanted to, she could have married into any of the less influential families and been a legitimate wife.

However, she claimed to deeply respect and admire Ye Yuxuan’s status as an Elixir Alchemist. She was so adamant about marrying him that she was willing to be his concubine. The frank truth was that she wished to obtain better resources for her own cultivation. A spiritual practitioner’s cultivation was extremely arduous. If she did not have elixirs to supplement her cultivation, it would be extremely difficult to progress further.

However, elixirs were very costly. It was impossible for an average person to afford them. Countless spiritual practitioners worked for affluent families to earn more money to cultivate. Many ladies as pretty as Mu Xianglan often sought patrons.

Two years after marrying into the Ye Clan, although Mu Xianglan had still not borne a child, because she had managed to progress successfully, Ye Yuxuan still favored her greatly. At present, she received an allocation similar to Ye Shanshan’s—one bottle of Vitality Strengthening Elixir every month.

Mu Xianglan was a clever woman. Although Ye Ruyi was not an Elixir Alchemist yet, on the basis of her favorable attribute, Mu Xianglan would definitely establish a good rapport with her. Therefore, she would take the initiative to find the Fifth Concubine.

After Ye Jiuge analyzed these situations clearly for the Fifth Concubine, she was at last reassured. “If that is the case,” she said, “then I will wait for her here.”

“You do not need to wait for her here. Pack up your things and move to the Qiu Shui Residence later.” Ye Jiuge instructed her.

“The Qiu Shui Residence?” The Fifth Concubine’s eyes widened in complete shock. She kept shaking her head as she said, “This will not do, this will not do. That is the residence that your mother prepared for you. How can you let us stay there?”

The Qiu Shui Residence was Yun Qiaoqiao’s most treasured residence. It was also the most magnificent place in the Ye Residence. Famed for its tranquility, when she first built it, she’d planned for her daughter, Ye Jiuge, to live there.

After Yun Qiaoqiao passed away, Ye Yuxuan claimed that his yearning for his dead wife was the reason no one else was allowed to move in. Ye Jiuge was not an exception.

Soon after, Ye Jiuge was declared to be incompetent. Subsequently, the Crown Prince divulged that he wanted to break off his betrothal with Ye Jiuge and marry Ye Shanshan instead. Then, Ye Yuxuan had tacitly agreed to allow Su Yufeng to spruce up the Qiu Shui Residence for Ye Shanshan.

“Staying at the Zhilin Residence is perfectly fine for me now. I do not need to move. Not only that, the Qiu Shui Residence is the only decent accomodation currently unoccupied in the entire Ye residence. It is perfectly appropriate for you to stay there right now.”

Seeing that the Fifth Concubine wanted to decline, Ye Jiuge said, “Since you say that the Qiu Shui Residence is mine, then you should listen to me. Let Fourth Sister live there so that those Ye Residence servants who bend their knees to power and look down on the weak may realize the prominence of you and your daughter.”

Whether someone was regarded as having high social standing depended on their clothing, food, and residence.

Because of Yun Qiaoqiao, the Qiu Shui Residence had come to distinctively represent the position of the lady of the Ye Residence. This was why Su Yufeng wanted Ye Shanshan to live there: to demonstrate to everyone that her daughter was held in higher esteem than Ye Jiuge. If Ye Ruyi lived there, beyond status in general, it would specifically mean that she was superior to Ye Shanshan.

The Fifth Concubine understood the implications of living in the Qiu Shui Residence, which was why she was afraid of the pressure that went along with it.

“Fifth Concubine, since you have already had a hostile fall out with Su Yufeng, you must persist. Otherwise, as soon as you expose any weakness, you will be trampled all over, resulting in a terrible downfall. You will never again be able to escape the suffering of repression.”

Ye Jiuge’s words completely shattered any relief that remained in Fifth Concubine’s heart. Her expression changed again and again. In the end, she gritted her teeth and said, “All right. I will act in full accordance with your arrangements, Eldest Miss.”

Since she had chosen to side with Eldest Miss, she had to trust her completely.

“Fifth Concubine, do not be too worried. Right now, Fourth Sister is the apple of Father’s eye. No one will dare mistreat you or your daughter. Rest assured and live there without fear!” When Ye Jiuge saw how anxious Fifth Concubine was (to the point of her lips turning pale), she personally poured her a cup of hot tea and pushed it into her palms.

The Fifth Concubine shook uncontrollably as she sipped the hot tea. Afterwards, she felt rejuvenated. She stood up and said, “Then, let me pack our things. I request that you stay here to keep Ruyi company, Eldest Miss.”

“Okay. I will stay here with Fourth Sister. Go ahead and pack!” After Ye Jiuge watched Fifth Concubine leave, she sat at Ye Ruyi’s bedside. She looked at the scraggly girl lying quietly on the bed and said softly, “Stop pretending. I know you have been awake this whole time.”

The young girl’s fingers trembled slightly before she slowly opened her eyes. She looked at Ye Jiuge sheepishly before saying, “Eldest Sister.”

“Did you hear the entire conversation between your mother and me?” Ye Jiuge asked, looking into the young girl’s guileless eyes.

“I heard.” The young girl nodded.

“Are you aware of what those words mean?” Ye Jiuge asked again.

The reason she had expended so much effort to explain the stakes of the situation to Fifth Concubine was because she wanted to enlighten this young lady, who was merely pretending to be asleep, about what was going on. Whether Fifth Concubine could stand up to Su Yufeng as a formidable opponent would greatly depend on whether this Ye Ruyi could live up to her expectations.

“I understood.” The young girl nodded and said slowly, “It is because my Wood Fire Spiritual Root has awakened, so I may become a very powerful Elixir Alchemist in the future. Therefore, Father is now showering us with lavish affection. In the future, Madame will not dare to blatantly mistreat us.”

“You are correct. In the future, Madame will not dare mistreat you openly. However, she will still employ many underhanded tactics. The days ahead of you will be even tougher than before. Are you afraid?” Ye Jiuge brushed away the black hair stuck to the young girl’s forehead and tucked it behind her ears.

She seemed weak, but, in reality, her character was resilient. Her personality was similar to the Fifth Concubine’s. When backed into a corner, she would retaliate.

When those servants who bend their knees to power and look down on the weak had ill-treated her and her mother, the four-year-old had already known to pretend to faint to frighten them away.

She was actually a very bright child.

“Afraid!” A hint of fear glinted in the young lady’s big eyes. Her fingers grasped the tattered blanket covering her lower half. She spoke in a trembling voice, “I am afraid that I am not as powerful as they imagine. I am afraid that I will not be able to master the art of creating elixirs and that, eventually, I will let father down.”

Even at her young age, Ye Ruyi understood that the higher one climbed, the harder one fell. The better Father treated her now, after he was disappointed, he would subject her to even harsher treatment. Even if she was his biological daughter, she would not be an exception. Ye Ruyi had already realized this because of seeing how her Elder Sister had been treated in the past.

“If you know that you should be afraid, that is good.” Ye Jiuge patted her little head.

If she knew that she should be afraid, then she would not become complacent and forget the suffering that she had already endured. As long as Ye Ruyi moved forward with a good head on her shoulders, even if she could not achieve greatness by creating elixirs with her favorable attribute, she would not meet an untimely demise.

Furthermore, Ye Jiuge was still around.

“Do not worry. Your Elder Sister is here. I will help you.” Ye Jiuge caressed the young girl’s hair gently.

As long as they listened to her and allowed her to settle everything for them, she would definitely ensure that mother and daughter remained unharmed.

TBC...

(1) (Reply)

A Writer Needed / Outliers / Mystery Murder Games: Trials> DREADED LANDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 367
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.