Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? (6547 Views)

Undergraduates Raped, Robbed Job Seeker And Took Her Unclad Photos / Have You Ever Been Robbed Before? Share Experience / Man Robbed In Broad Daylight On Eko Bridge (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 05, 2011
@femzy
Your story reminded me of a somewhat similar experience I had with my parents. My dad taught me how to drive and the first thing he said to do was to lock the door as soon as you get into the car. My parents and I were going home one day and were stuck in traffic. My dad was driving and to be cost efficient, he turned off the AC and opened his window. Out of the blue, two armed guys walked up to my dad and said, "Oga, open the door or this bullet go jam your head" and my dad got angry and said, "Common, will you get out of my sight" and pushed the guy out and quickly raised up his glass (window). Luckily for us, the traffic had started to move so we just zoomed off. It was not funny then but it became so afterwards. I still remind my dad about it and he keeps reminding me to lock my door when I drive because that was his saving grace.

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by logica(m): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
ItsModella:

Out of the blue, two armed guys walked up to my dad and said, "Oga, open the door or this bullet go jam your head" and my dad got angry and said, "Common, will you get out of my sight" and pushed the guy out and quickly raised up his glass (window).
Very dangerous. I like his guts though. I am glad he got away with it. Personally I will like nothing more than to be able to defend myself appropriately with my own piece if any fool comes to reap where he did not sow (death is the thing they are worthy of sowing).

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Sike(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2011
No be person wey get money na im robber go rob?
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Piechick(f): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2011
Ave been robbed.buh once. I went 2 vist ma sista in her skul.and our rum waz d 1st rum. So arund 3am,i heard a loud bang on the door. 6guys enterd wit guns nd cutlasses.took ma Dell phone(just a month old) , laptop,ma wristwatch, nd oda valuable tins. One of the guys asked me to remove ma dress,i begged dat i waz on ma period. He thought dat i waz lying, so he checked ma undies. Tnk God i waznt lying dat dae!
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by honeric01(m): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^^^

But you were not the only girl in the room? i know, don't tell us. lipsrsealed
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Piechick(f): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2011
Naah.ma sista waz in d rum.buh dy didnt say anytin 2 her. Dy just tuk her fone
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by honeric01(m): 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^^

TGBTG wink
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2011
I bought my first car and decided to take it to the mechanics place for removal of the thermostat.When I got to the mechanics workshop I found out the mechanics had not arrived-it was around 0700 hours,so I decided to wait for them.
I reclined my seat ,switched off the engine,switched on the radio and was feeling okay with myself and the world at large-I was only 20 years at the time and I felt at peace with myself.
I must have dozed off because the next thing I heard was someone tapping the door on the drivers side and when I opened my eyes I found myself starring down the barrel of a menacing shotgun.
Found out my car was surrounded by four dirty looking youths all wielding guns.
I was made to come down from the car and they jumped in and drove off while releasing sporadic gunshots in the air.
I reported the case at the police station but to this day I never saw that car again.
Many years down the line and many cars later,I am still scared to sit in a car on my own.I always come down from the car immediately I park it because I just do not feel safe sitting in a parked car.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Sacarstic: 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2011
@ Poster sorry abt the horrible experience,i was robbed on Sunday 31st October 2011 at about 7.00pm, was in a supermarket and 4 guys with locally made guns,while 4 others were on bikes outside entered the supermarket and ordered everyone to lie face down,i was the first person they met as i was about to leave the place, i really thought of fighting back but when they brought out their guns i was humbled, they made away with my blackberry phone and a Nokia phone, my wallet containing my work ID,Driver`s license,National ID and other valuable items, my gold necklace, my wrist watch and the cash i had.
I am yet to get over it because i am always watching my back all the time feeling that someone is about to attack me.
It is quite painful but happy we are here telling our story, many never had this opportunity, they were robbed and their life was also cut short but we still have the privilege to make up whatever was taking from us,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by yoged(m): 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2011
Hmmmm.excape been robb twice.guess God has been saving me. The first 1 happen during my remedial days in unilorin.most of my neighbour has travel,jst 3rooms open.went 2 Mr biggs to buy food only to come back and heard 2 guys in d 2rooms shouting help help. I ran away ooo.had to called someppl,but getin dia,they'v robbed 'em and locked 'em in 1 room. The 2nd happens last yr. Jst move in to a new expensive self contain.it clocks a yr today.ppl has travel & we avn't goten secuirity yet.2guys knocking ma door ordering me to open or they'll break. Knew it aint gonna happen,coz its a metal.eventually robbed my neighbour dat was driving in. Network was bad,and call didnt go. I Pray never to experience it oooo
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by gascoign1(m): 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2011
Never been robbed and pray i will never experience it.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by dandollar1: 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2011
While i was stil serving in abia,i boarded a night bus from lagos to aba on one of my trips.we had gotten to ijebu ode ,around 12am, when a gun shot woke me from sleep.tought the gun shot was from outside,but i was wrong.the robbers boarded with us from lagos.
They asked us to lay flat,took the bus from the driver,and drove us thru a bush path to an open space.we were then asked to pull off all our cloths(pants and bra as d case may be), leave dem inside the bus,get down and lie faced down on the ground,in a single file, as naked as we came into this world.
i think they had the intention of runining over us with the bus or they were finding it difficult to manoeuvre the bus,but they'l move back, and move the bus towards us as if they wanted to climb us.at a point, the first man on the row,stood up and ran into the bush.
They finaly drove off with our clothes, after wat seemed like eternity.you need to see grown men and women in their birthday suits;young old,grandmas,garanpas,pregnant women completely naked.
some items fel off the load section while they were trying to drive off.that was where some of us got nylon or a piece of cloth to tie round our pee pee.
Our driver came to pick me in the morning.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by siobahn: 11:42pm On Nov 05, 2011
It was Nov 2009, will never forget. My boyfriend was taking me home, as soon as he got to my street, i wanted to alight, we were double crossed by a bus filled with about 10 men with guns, some of them wearing police vests with torch light. The next thing, gun shots, dem beat us well well sad. They injured my boyfriend, took the car with his valuables and even stripped him of his shoes. They carried my bag, wristwatch, gold earrings, everything. Some of the guys drove the car away while we were beaten and dumped inside the bus. One of the guys put the mouth of the gun to my head, na dat day i kno say gun mouth dey cold, it was very cold. All the prayers wey i know, i pray that night because those guys meant business. I was praying that we would at least escape with our lives. One of them started calling one Alhaji to deliver us to him. They were speaking Ibo and never knew i understood Ibo, the next thing, one of the guys told the other one to fling us out of the bus. The one with the gun refused, they started quarreling. After much arguement, they opened the bus and told us to jump into the gutter around ilasa. By this time it was midnight. Thank God the gutter wasn't deep, i so cried, me wey no dey cry, i wept cry cry cry. That was how we began our trek, the nearest police station said they didn't have light and their radios were down. By this time, the robbers had fled. We trekked to Lawanson police station, they said they couldn't help, that we should go to Aguda. Those ones said we should write statement, after that tehy started asking us if we connived with the robbers. At that juncture, i lost it. How can you connive with robbers to steal your car and injure you?? By the time they finished with all their silly interrogation, it was 3am. Thank God we recovered from that incident because it took me a while to recover from that incident. I still hate the Nigerian police

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 06, 2011
Before I left Naija, I had never had an encounter with these people in Lag except once when driving with my boss in his car, some guy came up to the window in ojota and showed us his pistol saying we should open the window. i was scared but my boss just told the guy 'ol boy, we dey the same o. As you dey hunger me too i dey hunger'. that was how the guy left us. i still marvel about tht till today.

The week before i left Naij, I was travelling to see my parents. I had a feeling about my passport so decided not to travel with it but instead leave it locked in my box at home. The morning I was to travel, I was at Anthony, under the bridge waiting for a taxi. i had called the taxi and had gone in when two guys blocked us.One got into the car with me and showed me his gun, asked me to hand over all my valuables if i didnt want him to 'waste' me. That day i lost 20k, 2 phones, my starcomms izap, about 3k worth of recharge for different networks, some loose change in ma wallet, my gtb atm card and token for online transfers, etc. I still had to travel tht day without my stuff cos i needed to stick with my itinery.thank God the transport people sort of knew me as i had bought my ticket previously. I didnt even bother with a police report cos i heard they would ask for not less thn 10k and at that point, i wasnt ready to part with any other money. the main thing is that thank God my passport wsnt with me. else i would have been coughin out money for new passport plus the stress it would have taken and also my visa. and thank God my life was spared. all those other things can be replaced
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Excelboi(m): 11:01am On Nov 06, 2011
Haha oh boy, as for me, me and a friend of mine was driving through a street, all of a sudden, we saw a big log of wood already laid down to stop us from going further. At first i thought there was a constructuion going on in front but i was wrong. Two guys came out from no where with one pointing gun at me and the other holding a cutlass. They asked me and my friend what we got with us, my friend being afraid drop his samsung tablet to them annd a paltry 3k, they asked me what i got with me, i said i got ntn, they searched the car and found my new Compaq laptop and my wallet containing 11k. At first i was laughing cos every seems like a dream to me, the guy pushed me and asked me to lie down or else he will shoot me. I pushed him back that he almost fell down, the robber was angry and try shooting me but to his dismay the gun didnt even cock at all, he tried his second attempt same tin, the one with the cutlass ran away but the other suffered in my hand becos i didnt allow him escape, i grabbed the gun and pointed it at him. He did frog jump to and fro that day with 50 lashes of the cane or thereabout before i released him. I intend taking him to the police station but realised that the police may turn it to a dramatic scene and i might be implicated. my friend was surprised and was looking at me stunned at a spot, i asked im we should go back and pass a diff route. That day was funny, i had to risk it, dnt ask me how i did it, omo naija lawa oooo
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by honeric01(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2011
^^^

I sabi o grin
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by otiigba1(m): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2011
yes when i lived hillbrow johanesburg south africa, at gun point they took my shopping (groceries) i was coming back from SPAR SUPERMARKET, they took every thing including my shoes and pants in broad day light,one of the thiefs bite my finger off just to take my gold ring and they people around that day instead of helping they were laughing at me, after that incident the next day i went straight and bought my own gun
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2011
This happened a few yrs back in a traffic jam at Ikeja. There was a long line of cars and some people even came out of their cars. Robbers were moving from cars to cars robbing people. We didn't know what was happening till one of them was about robbing the car before ours.

I was riding in a private vehicle with my mum and a military orderly was with us in the car in front with the driver ( my old man is in the military) putting on plain black tee shirt and camo trousers  (meanwhile my mum was scared and was telling the orderly not to do anything and to allow them take what they want from us  grin. Trust soldiers na, the guy boned my mumsi). Immediately the guy was about robbing the car before us the orderly came out of the car and shot the guy on the legs. Immediately, his colleagues took off and the guy was rolling on the floor with blood everywhere. Na so pple begin run leave motor

People went to call some policemen who wanted to extort the person who shot until they realized he was a military personnel. They ended up taking the half dead robber away in their pickup.

That was my only close experience to robbers. They never come to our streets because of soldiers around. Though i do hear that they visit adjourning streets.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2011
Raymondson:

Yeah, mine is similar. I was bearly 16yrs, I used to excort my sista or mum in the morning(around 5am) to the b/stop. because my area used to be isolated then. On this unfortunate day, I was excorting my mum(thinking it was bizness as usual), we were about reaching the b/stop when a bike with 3 guys stop beside us, one of them went straight for my mum, but I heat him on the jest without thinking. He was not expecting it because he thought my mum was on her own(has I was a few feet behind her).
The next thing, the 2 others came down from the bike. One of them coming to me with his hand under his tshirt saying he had a GUN(I did see something metal). O boy, I did not think twice before I pick race, with him at the back of my heels.
After runing some metres, I did not see him behind me. I did another four forty back to the location, and boy! I was glad to see my mother there but emtpy(no bag,no handset, no nothing). She was in shock. All throughout this period no SOUL! Was around.
She had never experinced such before. She did not go to work that day, she was not even herself for two days. I letter got to find out that it was not a gun but a KNIFE the guy was holding.
When I think of it now, I feel ashmed for being a coward and living my mum alone

guy, there's nothing to be ashamed of.you were only a kid.in my book, you were above board.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by meonbooty: 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2011
Gaggi:

This happened a few yrs back in a traffic jam at Ikeja. There was a long line of cars and some people even came out of their cars. Robbers were moving from cars to cars robbing people. We didn't know what was happening till one of them was about robbing the car before ours.

I was riding in a private vehicle with my mum a military orderly was with us in the car ( my old man is in the military) putting on plain black tee shirt and camo trousers (meanwhile my mum was scared and was telling the orderly not to do anything and to allow them take what they want from us grin. Trust soldiers na, the guy boned my mumsi). Immediately the guy was about robbing the car before us the orderly came out of the car and shot the guy on the legs. Immediately, his colleagues took off and the guy was rolling on the floor with blood everywhere. Na so pple begin run leave motor

People went to call some policemen who wanted to extort the person who shot until they realized he was a military personnel. They ended up taking the half dead robber away in their pickup.

That was my only close experience to robbers. They never come to our streets because of soldiers around. Though i do hear that they visit adjourning streets.

Your father is a murderer. May his soul roast in hell. And you my friend, get ready to spend your eternity with him in circle 6 of the inferno where your head shall be gnawed by Satan's mouth, and your back shall be skinned by Satan's claws. SO shall it be for killing an innocent man.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2011
meonbooty:

Your father is a murderer. May his soul roast in hell. And you my friend, get ready to spend your eternity with him in circle 6 of the inferno where your  head shall be gnawed by Satan's mouth, and your back shall be skinned by Satan's claws. SO shall it be for killing an innocent man.

Do mad folks now roam freely on nairaland? What the hell is this? Na wa o. Who talked of father abi innocent man? Some sick folks could be funny sha. grin

2 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by johndavid1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 06, 2011
meonbooty:

Your father is a murderer. May his soul roast in hell. And you my friend, get ready to spend your eternity with him in circle 6 of the inferno where your  head shall be gnawed by Satan's mouth, and your back shall be skinned by Satan's claws. SO shall it be for killing an innocent man.
Mumu na u be the thief brother u wan make him fada hug the thief na abi angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by meonbooty: 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2011
john david:

Mumu na u be the thief brother u wan make him fada hug the thief na abi angry angry angry angry

Ask yourself, what would Jesus do?
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by meonbooty: 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2011
Gaggi:

Do mad folks now roam freely on nairaland? What the hell is this? Na wa o. Who talked of father abi innocent man? Some sick folks could be funny sha. grin

Thats because you dont know how to write, ediot.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Tunmi(f): 12:36am On Nov 07, 2011
oh wow, this kin thing dey scare me o. Shey mey I kuku stay for where I dey. But, abeg I wan ask something, how can someone get a permit for a gun in Naija? If dem no go gree make I carry my own, pepper spray na my next option.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by logica(m): 2:57am On Nov 07, 2011
Tunmi:

pepper spray na my next option.
Do you really think pepper spray will work on people whose eyes are used to the toxic fumes emanating from cars in Lagos?
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Tunmi(f): 4:29am On Nov 07, 2011
logica:

Do you really think pepper spray will work on people whose eyes are used to the toxic fumes emanating from cars in Lagos?
Good point but it's better than nothing
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by honeric01(m): 11:45am On Nov 07, 2011
meonbooty:

Your father is a murderer. May his soul roast in hell. And you my friend, get ready to spend your eternity with him in circle 6 of the inferno where your head shall be gnawed by Satan's mouth, and your back shall be skinned by Satan's claws. SO shall it be for killing an innocent man.

Are you okay?

Tunmi:

oh wow, this kin thing dey scare me o. Shey mey I kuku stay for where I dey. But, abeg I wan ask something, how can someone get a permit for a gun in Naija? If dem no go gree make I carry my own, pepper spray na my next option.

You live in a paradise right?
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by oderemo(m): 6:16pm On Nov 07, 2011
Been in nija now for 4wks. Everywhere i ve been ppl now have guns @ home either legal or otherwise.
been told 30k will get me one. Cant wait to take delivery of one soonest.
Been reading frm page 1 and its like watching one nollywood episode over and over again.
This country is messed up big tym, we have no govt. At all.
we are gradually sinking into the abyss.
Neva been robbed and dont pray to be, even in the late 80s when lived @ one of the notorious st ,in musin. Akala st.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by AmakaG29(f): 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2011
God Bless you OP

I'm very afraid of robbery because I'm not sure of how I would act in that situation. I hope I make the life-saving decision.
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Relax101(m): 2:34am On Nov 08, 2011
^^^ hey Amaka, Hw r u?
Re: Have U Ever Been Robbed Before? by Basildon1(m): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2011
ode remo:

Been in nija now for 4wks. Everywhere i ve been ppl now have guns @ home either legal or otherwise.
been told 30k will get me one. Cant wait to take delivery of one soonest.
Seeeeeeen! Abegi !!   grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wife Cuts Husband's Joystick, Cooks It With Noodles & Serves Him (Graphic Pics) / Many Dies In A Cult Clash In Awka( Graphic Pictures) / Gunmen Kill Vigilante, Injure Others In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.