Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages (12071 Views)

Akpabio, Speaker & 2 Others Padded Tinubu’s Palliative Budget - Sahara Reporters / Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? / Presidency Keeps Watch On El-Rufai As Plot To Scuttle APC Convention Thickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by dre11(m): 8:54am On Jan 08
Presidency keeps mum as uproar over Tinubu’s palliative gesture to lawmakers rages

The Presidency at the weekend kept mum notwithstanding the uproar trailing the alleged approval by President Bola Tinubu for palliatives worth N200 million and N100 million respectively to Senators and members of the lower arm of the National Assembly.

Specifically, President Tinubu’s administration is reported to have approved Christmas package for the federal lawmakers to distribute to their constituents ahead of the festive season.

Curiously, some lawmakers have also allegedly refuted the reports that they have all begun receiving the Federal Government’s gesture via palliative supplies for their constituents.

The Presidency has neither confirmed the veracity or otherwise of the reports that has continued to dominate discussions in the public space at the weekend.

President Tinubu’s Spokesman, Ajuri Ngelale, could not be reached for comments at press time, Sunday. Similarly, Bayo Onanuga, Special Adviser on Information and Strategy did not pick calls nor reply to a text message by The Guardian to confirm the palliative gesture allegedly authorised by President Tinubu.

In the same vein, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Print Media, Abdulaziz Abdulaziz did not reply to The Guardian’s text message on the matter.

https://guardian.ng/news/presidency-keeps-mum-as-uproar-over-tinubus-palliative-gesture-to-lawmakers-rages/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by ludi: 8:55am On Jan 08
They are watching the development as it unfold I guess

1 Like

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by AqualinaXYZ: 9:00am On Jan 08
Thank God Peter Obi lost

At first I was angry but now I’m happy he lost

Make Tinubu wey una put hope of track record on show una shege

Na me go personally campaign for Tinubu all round PH

So that he can win make suffer choke una

Tinubu till 2098

92 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by AwokenVawulence: 9:22am On Jan 08
Av
Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by Dumcana: 9:23am On Jan 08
Shame on you guys!!

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by NzogbuNzogbu: 9:24am On Jan 08
You guys expecting anything from tinubu are the problem

High tax, owambe, poor masses, corruption empowerment for cronies to chop have been his political principles sine 99

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by Angelfrost(m): 9:28am On Jan 08
I wonder why you people are shocked...!

Dem just dey lick test the microphone...

The main looting administration never even start. cool

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by PrinceofSarcasm: 9:28am On Jan 08
One day the people will rise and and refuse to sit further.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by MrBONE2(m): 9:28am On Jan 08
Freshtruth:
Shege times

grin

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by solsticey2k3(m): 9:29am On Jan 08
The acts of these people no dey surprise me again.

We move

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by elipheleh(m): 9:29am On Jan 08
Oh no
Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by Hoelujohn: 9:29am On Jan 08
Angelfrost:
I wonder why you people are shocked...!

Dem just dey lick test the microphone...

The main looting administration never even start. cool
He will milk the country dry.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by NwaNimo1(m): 9:29am On Jan 08
Presidency right now.....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by edogu(m): 9:30am On Jan 08
If this government is not careful something bigger than 2012 protest may follow suit.

They seem not to be in touch with reality. People are really really suffering and all we keep hearing on the social media is sharing of this and that.

May God help us in this 2024.

9 Likes

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by Beuberry(f): 9:30am On Jan 08
This govt isn't nice.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by Freshtruth(m): 9:30am On Jan 08
Shege times

10 Likes

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by adesegun121(m): 9:30am On Jan 08
Ok
Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by TimeManager(m): 9:30am On Jan 08
I'd take you serious if LP lawmakers rejected their own share.
-kiss the truth!

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by davies(m): 9:30am On Jan 08
Is it not this same Apc led government? We never see shege.. every new week na one form of corruption or the other.
Naija ronu

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by OKKO(m): 9:31am On Jan 08
I would have been surprised if it was the opposite. I am not.
Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by MykellOni(m): 9:31am On Jan 08
A
Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by MrPOTUS: 9:31am On Jan 08
TimeManager:
I'd take you serious if LP lawmakers rejected their own share.

-kiss the truth!

They're all thieves nah.

All politicians in Nigeria are thieves.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by StraightGaay: 9:31am On Jan 08
When will he keep Dad over it?
Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by bigdammyj: 9:31am On Jan 08
Reading…
Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by ObalendeCMS: 9:32am On Jan 08
They have "bed" the money.
Won ti be 'wo.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by elipheleh(m): 9:32am On Jan 08
I'm pained for Nigeria. When will this kind of things end?

Tinubu no rate Nigerian masses at all.

God I thank you for providing everything me and my family needs in these times.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by dunski: 9:32am On Jan 08
This administration is already breaking spending(looting) records less than a year into its tenure

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by Annnabel001(f): 9:33am On Jan 08
Wow
Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by VinnyBaba: 9:33am On Jan 08
The Ebola tinubu style of Governance Sha! sad

Satisfy the Stomach of Members of INEC, the Legislature and Judiciary
and LEAVE the masses to Suffer. undecided undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages by GanagiBitrus: 9:33am On Jan 08

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari – Absent With His House On Fire By Tunde Asaju / 2023: Osinbajo Has Not Declared Interest In Presidential Race - Laolu Akande / Benue: Governor Alia Presents 2024 Budget To The State Assembly (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.