Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

The Request For A Christian Specific Only - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Request For A Christian Specific Only (430 Views)

As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 9:32am On Jan 08
Good morning Seun.

As there are ongoing changes on Nairaland being proposed and implemented for the growth and betterment of this platform, I hereby request on behalf of all Christians on Nairaland that there be a specified Christianity for Christians on this platform to avoid any display of religious bias and favoritism but a true religious diversity.

Anyone who would comment on that specified would need to confess to:

I believe that JESUS CHRIST is the Son of GOD.
I believe that JESUS CHRIST is the Way, the Truth and Life.
I believe and I accept JESUS CHRIST as my LORD and Saviour.

Looking forward to seeing this implemented.

Thank you.

Westerhoffe.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Alphamentips: 9:55am On Jan 08
Westerhoffe:
Good morning Seun.

Thank you.

Westerhoffe.

Okay, that is to match the declaration you see when you check the Islamic section, abi?

In the same light, Seun should also consider adding a declaration also for those of us who don't believe in a Sky Daddy in the science section.

It could say:

I believe in science. I believe in cause and effect. I believe there are known unknowns & events yet to be explained by science. I know with time science could explain things better and if it doesn't i choose not to contribute it to a Sky Daddy. I believe in humanity and using my brain for critical and analytical thinking.

I believe the universe is a living being and interconnected. I believe the universe creates and destroys.

That makes sense.

2 Likes

Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 11:02am On Jan 08
Alphamentips:

Okay, that is to match the declaration you see when you check the Islamic section, abi?

In the same light, Seun should also consider adding a declaration also for those of us who don't believe in a Sky Daddy in the science section.

It could say:

I believe in science. I believe in cause and effect. I believe there are known unknowns & events yet to be explained by science. I know with time science could explain things better and if it doesn't i choose not to contribute it to a Sky Daddy. I believe in humanity and using my brain for critical and analytical thinking.

I believe the universe is a living being and interconnected. I believe the universe creates and destroys.

That makes sense.

If you want that, you can always tender your request.
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Alphamentips: 11:51am On Jan 08
Westerhoffe:

If you want that, you can always tender your request.

grin grin
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 11:59am On Jan 08
Alphamentips:

grin grin

Yea… simple as that… instead of attacking me. cool
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:23am On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:
Good morning Seun.

As there are ongoing changes on Nairaland being proposed and implemented for the growth and betterment of this platform, I hereby request on behalf of all Christians on Nairaland that there be a specified Christianity for Christians on this platform to avoid any display of religious bias and favoritism but a true religious diversity.

Anyone who would comment on that specified would need to confess to:

Thank you.

Westerhoffe.

The underlined is wrong!

Jesus is not LORD but Lord according to God's word.

To confirm this read Psalm 110:1

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.Psalms 110:1

This is King David inspired to write about Jesus being in the presence of the Almighty God and to clarify matters apostle Peter expressly said that David was talking about Jesus as the lesser Lord in the Psalms:

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.Acts 2:34-36

So Jesus is our Lord not our LORD the upper case is reserved for the Almighty God who is the father and God of both Jesus and all true worshipers:

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. John 20:17

Good morning!
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 8:22am On Feb 01
MaxInDHouse:

The underlined is wrong!

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.Psalms 110:1

This is King David inspired to write about Jesus being in the presence of the Almighty God and to clarify matters apostle Peter expressly said that David was talking about Jesus as the lesser Lord in the Psalms:

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.Acts 2:34-36

So Jesus is our Lord not our LORD the upper case is reserved for the Almighty God who is the father and God of both Jesus and all true worshipers:

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. John 20:17

Good morning!

John 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
² The same was in the beginning with God.

Revelation 19 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹¹ And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
¹² His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
¹³ And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Did the Bible say there that, …and the Word was lesser GOD? Or and the Word was a Demi-God? Or and the Word was an angel or an Archangel?

Why are you people like this even?
Who do you even think JESUS CHRIST is in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:18pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

[b]John 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¹ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
² The same was in the beginning with God.
Revelation 19 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹¹ And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
¹² His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
¹³ And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Did the Bible say there that, …and the Word was lesser GOD? Or and the Word was a Demi-God? Or and the Word was an angel or an Archangel?
The Bible never said the word was the Almighty God rather it said "and the word was God" which means there are two persons and one is greater than the other.
So Jesus was the mighty God foretold in the Bible book of Isaiah 9:6 who is lesser and not the Almighty God!
Westerhoffe:

Why are you people like this even?
Who do you even think JESUS CHRIST is in the first place?[/b]
Jesus is God's Son {Matthew 16:13-18} and God has a lot of angelic sons in heaven {Job 38:7} so Jesus is one of them!
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 7:49pm On Feb 01
MaxInDHouse:

The Bible never said the word was the Almighty God rather it said "and the word was God" which means there are two persons and one is greater than the other.
So Jesus was the mighty God foretold in the Bible book of Isaiah 9:6 who is lesser and not the Almighty God!

Jesus is God's Son {Matthew 16:13-18} and God has a lot of angelic sons in heaven {Job 38:7} so Jesus is one of them!

You just added 'lesser' to the word now yourself, which the Bible never included.
In the same Isaiah 9:6, remember it called JESUS CHRIST there the everlasting Father.

Then, coming to Revelation 1:8, JESUS CHRIST said there to be the Almighty. So these ruled out your argument.

And also, never forget this passage:

“But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”
— Hebrews 1:8 (KJV)

So, if GOD the FATHER addresses the Son as GOD, where did He call Son a lesser GOD?

Furthermore, remember that the Ancient of Days (the FATHER) has handed everything over to the Son even before His manifestation to the world in a human body, which confirms what was recorded in Hebrews 1:8:

Daniel 7 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
¹⁴ And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

1 Like

Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:59pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

You just added 'lesser' to the word now yourself, which the Bible never included.
In the same Isaiah 9:6, remember it called JESUS CHRIST there the everlasting Father.
Then, coming to Revelation 1:8, JESUS CHRIST said there to be the Almighty. So these ruled out your argument.
And also, never forget this passage:
“But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”
— Hebrews 1:8 (KJV)

So, if GOD the FATHER addresses the Son as GOD, where did He call Son a lesser GOD?

Jesus himself declared that he is LESSER than the Almighty God:

You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am. John 14:28

So Gods like Moses {Exodus 7:1} the rulers of Israel {Psalms 82:6} and Jesus himself {John 1:1} are all LESSER than the Almighty God! smiley
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus himself declared that he is LESSER than the Almighty God:

You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am. John 14:28

So Gods like Moses {Exodus 7:1} the rulers of Israel {Psalms 82:6} and Jesus himself {John 1:1} are all LESSER than the Almighty God! smiley

You say the Almighty GOD is the greater, and JESUS CHRIST said He is that same Almighty in Revelation 1:8.
How about that?

Or, were you expecting JESUS CHRIST to exalt Himself above the FATHER?
Did you not notice in all ramifications, JESUS CHRIST taught men to recognize HIM and the FATHER even after making them know the FATHER sent Him?

1 Like

Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

You say the Almighty GOD is the greater, and JESUS CHRIST said He is that same Almighty in Revelation 1:8.
How about that?
Or, were you expecting JESUS CHRIST to exalt Himself above the FATHER?
Did you not notice in all ramifications, JESUS CHRIST taught men to recognize HIM and the FATHER even after making them know the FATHER sent Him?

Revelations 1:8
“I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says JEHOVAH God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

That's not Jesus but JEHOVAH the father of Jesus whom Jesus called his father and our father his God and our God! John 20:17
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 8:25pm On Feb 01
MaxInDHouse:

Revelations 1:8
“I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says JEHOVAH God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

That's not Jesus but JEHOVAH the father of Jesus whom Jesus called his father and our father his God and our God! John 20:17

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
— Revelation 1:8 (KJV)

Didn't you say earlier that the Lord is for JESUS CHRIST while LORD is for the FATHER?
How then did the Lord become JEHOVAH GOD now?

Why are you guys always being hypocritical all the time when it comes to the Scriptures and JESUS CHRIST?

If according to you then and now, it means you're saying JESUS CHRIST is JEHOVAH GOD.

You guys are just so unbelievable. undecided

Cease twisting the Bible to suit yourself… you ain't interacting with a child.

Attached it the link in case you forget:
https://www.nairaland.com/7961966/request-christian-specific-only#128228568

And these were your words:

[quote author=MaxInDHouse post=128228568]

The underlined is wrong!

[b]The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.Psalms 110:1

Good morning!

1 Like

Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
— Revelation 1:8 (KJV)

Didn't you say earlier that the Lord is for JESUS CHRIST while LORD is for the FATHER?
Why are you guys always being hypocritical all the time when it comes to the Scriptures and JESUS CHRIST?
If according to you then and now, it means you're saying JESUS CHRIST is JEHOVAH GOD.
You guys are just so unbelievable. undecided

Most translators of your copies are trinitarians so when translating the Christian Greek scriptures they got confused.

Please check the OT and try to correlate with NT to know who is talking @ Revelations 1:8
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 8:33pm On Feb 01
MaxInDHouse:

Most translators of your copies are trinitarians so when translating the Christian Greek scriptures they got confused.

Please check the OT and try to correlate with NT to know who is talking @ Revelations 1:8

MaxInDHouse, you know what, just stop already because you just keep complicating things for yourself with your explanations which are just contradicting one another.

Just ignore this thread now.

1 Like

Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:03pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

MaxInDHouse, you know what, just stop already because you just keep complicating things for yourself with your explanations which are just contradicting one another.
Just ignore this thread now.
That's why Seun can't grant your request as it's not all those claiming Christians agreed on your terms! smiley
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 9:17pm On Feb 01
MaxInDHouse:

That's why Seun can't grant your request as it's not all those claiming Christians agreed on your terms! smiley

Well, don't try to change the narrative. It's too late for that now.

On Seun granting the request or not, you should have known there might be some reasons why Seun won't, or might not want to grant it.

1. Seun is an Atheist who does not believe in the Christian GOD, beliefs or views.
2. I am not the only one or the first to make that request but which he has refused to grant.
3. Seun 'might be trying to avoid it based on requests from others who do not want Christians having such'.
4. Seun 'might be avoiding giving that privilege as other religions too might clamour for theirs.
5. I might be right with the above speculations.
6. I might be wrong with the above speculations.
7. That's why I included the clause Looking forward to seeing this implemented, because I know it can be granted or rejected.

Hope you grab?

cool
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

Well, don't try to change the narrative. It's too late for that now.

On Seun granting the request or not, you should have known there might be some reasons why Seun won't, or might not want to grant it.

1. Seun is an Atheist who does not believe in the Christian GOD, beliefs or views.
2. I am not the only one or the first to make that request but which he has refused to grant.
3. Seun 'might be trying to avoid it based on requests from others who do not want Christians having such'.
4. Seun 'might be avoiding giving that privilege as other religions too might clamour for theirs.
5. I might be right with the above speculations.
6. I might be wrong with the above speculations.
7. That's why I included the clause Looking forward to seeing this implemented, because I know it can be granted or rejected.

Hope you grab?

cool

So why make the request in the first instance?
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01
MaxInDHouse:

So why make the request in the first instance?

Ask a Senator why he/she proposes a bill.
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:08am On Feb 02
Westerhoffe:

Ask a Senator why he/she proposes a bill.
OK Seun is your national assembly! cheesy
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 6:19am On Feb 02
MaxInDHouse:

OK Seun is your national assembly! cheesy

You sha want to derail the thread…

Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:32am On Feb 02
Westerhoffe:

You sha want to derail the thread…
I only came to help you gain wisdom because if you want to speak on behalf of all believers in Christ you have to be on a totally neutral ground where all those claiming believers agree then Seun will have no option than to comply.
Imagine if all those claiming Christians should shun Nairaland today because the forum is against for the goodwill of believers in Christ do you think this forum will continue to generate the same type of traffic we have now?
That's what i'm saying! smiley
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 7:37am On Feb 02
MaxInDHouse:

I only came to help you gain wisdom because if you want to speak on behalf of all believers in Christ you have to be on a totally neutral ground where all those claiming believers agree then Seun will have no option than to comply.
Imagine if all those claiming Christians should shun Nairaland today because the forum is against for the goodwill of believers in Christ do you think this forum will continue to generate the same type of traffic we have now?
That's what i'm saying! smiley

But unfortunately, there is no iota of wisdom in your comments here. Right from your misinterpretations of the Bible to the attempt to save face with damage control.
I didn't want to say this earlier because I wanted to see your reaction to the 'derail' comment and you didn't disappoint.

Several people had made similar requests for Christian equal rights to religious belief protection but it's been declined; and I recall Seun making a post/comment about it.

So, don't try to make any damage control by shying off your erroneous misinterpretations of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:45am On Feb 02
Westerhoffe:

But unfortunately, there is no iota of wisdom in your comments here. Right from your misinterpretations of the Bible to the attempt to save face with damage control.
I didn't want to say this earlier because I wanted to see your reaction to the 'derail' comment and you didn't disappoint.
Several people had made similar requests for Christian equal rights to religious belief protection but it's been declined; and I recall Seun making a post/comment about it.
So, don't try to make any damage control by shying off your erroneous misinterpretations of the Bible.

Perhaps you need to go back to your senator passing a bill illustration because anyone can wake up and come to the house with any bill but the first thing the house will put into consideration is the population of those that may raise objection against such a move.
So you should have considered all other groups claiming Christians. Are they all of the same opinion that Jesus is God Almighty?

If not then you're not representing all those claiming Christians!smiley
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 7:54am On Feb 02
MaxInDHouse:

Perhaps you need to go back to your senator passing a bill illustration because anyone can wake up and come to the house with any bill but the first thing the house will put into consideration is the population of those that may raise objection against such a move.
So you should have considered all other groups claiming Christians. Are they all of the same opinion that Jesus is God Almighty?

If not then you're not representing all those claiming Christians!smiley

This comment makes no sense.
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:02am On Feb 02
Westerhoffe:

This comment makes no sense.

Well you and all your cohorts making demands forgot one vital point:

All Muslims globally agreed on the terms given on this forum so Seun can't go against it but as for your own terms it's not generally accepted among those claiming Christians.
Farewell! smiley
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Westerhoffe(m): 9:59am On Feb 02
MaxInDHouse:

Well you and all your cohorts making demands forgot one vital point:

All Muslims globally agreed on the terms given on this forum so Seun can't go against it but as for your own terms it's not generally accepted among those claiming Christians.
Farewell! smiley

And you should concur that people like you and your false doctrines are why there has been a division among those who read and teach from the Bible.

Farewell.
cool
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Dtruthspeaker: 2:29pm On Feb 02
MaxInDHouse:

Off Point!

You lost

Cease twisting of the bible.

Great job Coach Westerhoffe. grin
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Dtruthspeaker: 2:33pm On Feb 02
MaxInDHouse:

Don't matter. He has made his request and it is up to god Seun to grant it or not.
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Seun(m): 5:05pm On Feb 02
I've promised to create a Christianity section this year.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Feb 02
Seun:
I've promised to create a Christianity section this year.
So, every religion out there gets its own custom booth this year, right? undecided
Re: The Request For A Christian Specific Only by Emusan(m): 5:22pm On Feb 02
MaxInDHouse:

See how he quickly changed mouth. cheesy grin cheesy grin

He was caught with his own lie of LORD and Lord grin grin cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does Satan Really Wants? With Apostle Joshua Selman / Trailer Of Bibles Set On Fire In Front of Tennessee Church On Easter / In A Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.