Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Advice On 2013/2014 Hyundai Santafe. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On 2013/2014 Hyundai Santafe. (430 Views)

Please What’s Your Opinion On 2013-2015 Honda Accord Exl-v6 Or Touring V6 / Engine Autopsy 3.3L V6 242 Hp Hyundai Santafe 2008 Engine / Changing Transmission Fluid On 2013 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On 2013/2014 Hyundai Santafe. by cucumbar: 12:34pm On Jan 08
Will be in the market to scout for a 2013/2014 Hyundai Santafe.

Please , what and what should I be looking out for?
I learnt some of the trims had a recall because of engine and power train issues when they get to about 80k miles.

I don’t want to get a vehicle that will be a problem later.
Please, what engine type or trim should i avoid?

Are they easy to maintain and parts readily available?

Won’t mind if anyone has a good offer for me as well.

I will appreciate your input.
Re: Advice On 2013/2014 Hyundai Santafe. by DukeNija(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08
The only safe Hyundai is an underpowered Hyundai. Anything above 1.8litre and you’re on your own. The engines are shjt and are unreasonably priced. Worse still, the engines can unalive themselves whenever they feel like it. Better safe than sorry.
Re: Advice On 2013/2014 Hyundai Santafe. by cucumbar: 4:50pm On Jan 08
DukeNija:
The only safe Hyundai is an underpowered Hyundai. Anything above 1.8litre and you’re on your own. The engines are shjt and are unreasonably priced. Worse still, the engines can unalive themselves whenever they feel like it. Better safe than sorry.
Thanks for your contribution.

Please I need more responses.
Re: Advice On 2013/2014 Hyundai Santafe. by cucumbar: 10:49pm On Jan 08
cucumbar:

I learnt some of the trims had a recall because of engine and power train issues when they get to about 80k miles.

guys please help!
Re: Advice On 2013/2014 Hyundai Santafe. by Requestmechanic: 2:33pm On Jan 09
cucumbar:

If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar by clicking on join the the Wait list.

To help you choose the right 2013/2014 Hyundai that won't cause future problems, here's some information:

Engines to avoid:

2.0L Theta II G4FS: Some versions of this engine experienced premature engine bearing failure, leading to engine knock and potential failure. Avoid models affected by this issue, which mainly include Sonata and Tucson models from 2011-2014.
1.8L Nu G4NU: While generally reliable, some early versions had issues with excessive oil consumption and timing chain stretch. Opt for later model years (2014+) or do thorough checks for these issues.
Trims to be cautious with:

High-performance trims: If you prioritize reliability and affordability, avoid high-performance trims like the Sonata Sport or Elantra GT. They might have more demanding maintenance requirements and potentially higher risk of issues.
Overall, reliable trims and engines:

4-cylinder engines: The 2.4L G4KC Theta II and 1.6L Gamma G4FJ engines are generally reliable and well-regarded options.
Base and mid-level trims: Opting for base or mid-level trims often strikes a good balance between features and reliability, avoiding potential complexity of higher trims.
Maintenance and parts availability:

Easy to maintain: Hyundais are known for being relatively easy to maintain with readily available parts at affordable prices.
Regular maintenance: Remember, any car needs regular maintenance and proper care to avoid issues.
Finding a good deal:

Car history reports: Always check the car's history report for any accidents, maintenance records, and potential recalls.
Independent inspections: Consider getting a pre-purchase inspection by a trusted mechanic before committing to a purchase.

Thank you as you put in your mail on our waitlist 🙏

Re: Advice On 2013/2014 Hyundai Santafe. by jceesquare(m): 7:48pm On Jan 09
cucumbar:

The Santa Fe is not a bad SUV as long as you do not buy an abused one or one that had overheated severely in the past.
Carryout proper pre purchase inspections before paying for any.
Re: Advice On 2013/2014 Hyundai Santafe. by Kingdemu: 12:41pm On Jan 10
Requestmechanic:

If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar by clicking on join the the Wait list.

To help you choose the right 2013/2014 Hyundai that won't cause future problems, here's some information:

Engines to avoid:

2.0L Theta II G4FS: Some versions of this engine experienced premature engine bearing failure, leading to engine knock and potential failure. Avoid models affected by this issue, which mainly include Sonata and Tucson models from 2011-2014.
1.8L Nu G4NU: While generally reliable, some early versions had issues with excessive oil consumption and timing chain stretch. Opt for later model years (2014+) or do thorough checks for these issues.
Trims to be cautious with:

High-performance trims: If you prioritize reliability and affordability, avoid high-performance trims like the Sonata Sport or Elantra GT. They might have more demanding maintenance requirements and potentially higher risk of issues.
Overall, reliable trims and engines:

4-cylinder engines: The 2.4L G4KC Theta II and 1.6L Gamma G4FJ engines are generally reliable and well-regarded options.
Base and mid-level trims: Opting for base or mid-level trims often strikes a good balance between features and reliability, avoiding potential complexity of higher trims.
Maintenance and parts availability:

Easy to maintain: Hyundais are known for being relatively easy to maintain with readily available parts at affordable prices.
Regular maintenance: Remember, any car needs regular maintenance and proper care to avoid issues.
Finding a good deal:

Car history reports: Always check the car's history report for any accidents, maintenance records, and potential recalls.
Independent inspections: Consider getting a pre-purchase inspection by a trusted mechanic before committing to a purchase.

Thank you as you put in your mail on our waitlist 🙏
This guy should be banned for spamming threads on this board.

(1) (Reply)

Automotive Service Technician / A PMS Tanker Catches Fire Today At E - Town In Kwara State. / Speed Limit Installation On Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.