Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways (8893 Views)

Man Drowns While Riding A Jet-Ski On Ikoyi Waterways / NIWA Arrests Boat Owner Carrying 12 Pupils With No Life Jacket On Lagos Lagoon / "60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by shotuns: 3:23pm On Jan 08
The plan is gradually coming together, indigenous citizen won't have power over their water bodies any longer, you will need permission to do anything on any water be it river, lake from this ruling. Yes, you're right the purpose is for the agenda, take their land, water, even air they breadth soon.

MasterTeeUSA:
I said this before...made no sense..even in the US...Fed Govt regulate waterways...but we scream Buhari wants to take our waterways and give to Fulani...instead of researching things so the media can educate, they peddle misinformation

Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by TakeNigeriaBack: 3:25pm On Jan 08
BitterTruth0001:

That appeal court dey craze . They wan use gbajue obtain federal property dash Lagos

Mumu thinks it only applies to Lagos. Even the little river in front of your grandmother's house in the village belongs to the federal govt. Village fishermen can go to jail for fishing without settling the federal govt. Learn to understand the implication of judicial decisions.

2 Likes

Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by Timoleon(m): 3:33pm On Jan 08
Felix6:
Ok

Equatorial Guinea to score 1 against Nigeria (AFCON) 2.13 odds.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by chloride6: 3:38pm On Jan 08
This is a good judgement by the Supreme Court.

The real issue is the scope of the NIWA
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by seunayantokun(m): 3:51pm On Jan 08
MasterTeeUSA:
I said this before...made no sense..even in the US...Fed Govt regulate waterways...but we scream Buhari wants to take our waterways and give to Fulani...instead of researching things so the media can educate, they peddle misinformation

This is not water bill matter which is quite different from Control of inland waterways

1 Like

Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by Greenback: 3:58pm On Jan 08
Nice one. Imagine have maritime workers under lasg with their agberoes/lastma mode operandi and attitude.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by Greenback: 4:00pm On Jan 08
TakeNigeriaBack:

Mumu thinks it only applies to Lagos. Even the little river in front of your grandmother's house in the village belongs to the federal govt. Village fishermen can go to jail for fishing without settling the federal govt. Learn to understand the implication of judicial decisions.
Truth is,it's been a fed govt preserve ever since and lash were trying their luck. And those fishermen have no wahala with this ruling.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by ColonelMichael: 4:16pm On Jan 08
Raskimonojendor:
Okay..kudos to the SCN. The decision is final.

You know why I love this life? It is so easy.

Your career criminal will finish his tenure, another criminal will have his own judiciary hooligan and will maintain this judgement from this nonsense you people are running as government, now, by then your ronu states will not have access to the money you guys in federal government need to loot now, it will be in the hand of another criminal federal government like yours: I will be here to see your usual default Yoruba bombastic Islamic double standard and hypocrisy on how it should be with states, but then it will be late and I will bring bucket to drink your ewedulised tears.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by just2endowed: 4:30pm On Jan 08
what states need to do now is to charge their federal lawmakers to amend the constitution
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by Proudlyomonna: 4:42pm On Jan 08
Raskimonojendor:
Okay..kudos to the SCN. The decision is final.

Well that's why energies should be focused on restructuring, the Fg is nothing but a maximum disaster, they would definitely destroy everything and anything their hands touches.

I hope You have decided to change from your evil ways this year undecided

I don't know how you even feel doing senseless tribal hate on the internet makes you better,You can't imagine how You sound when you join your co shameless tribalist to do that nonsense undecided
Una go come dey sound like shildren wey don craze before grin grin

Shun tribal hate banters.

Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by FutureFocus: 4:44pm On Jan 08
What happens to our fishing industry?

When are we going to start taping from the resource?
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by IamAtikulate: 4:44pm On Jan 08
Imagine it took them over 10 years to deliver judgment
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by Seyitosino(m): 4:54pm On Jan 08
I am interested in the case too. It seems governors in a section of the country begged those that took the matter to court
SmartPolician:
What's the outcome of the FG Vs States VAT saga?
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by shortgun(m): 5:21pm On Jan 08
Same thing with land. All the land in Nigeria belongs to the Federal Government.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by olorunyomi25149: 5:47pm On Jan 08
States want all the power so they can control the money, not developmentStates want all the power so they can control the money, not development...
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by Jokerman(m): 6:18pm On Jan 08
TakeNigeriaBack:

Any waterway or water body should belong to FG
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by MasterTeeUSA: 6:18pm On Jan 08
It was part of the water bill. ..they ran to the Court to sue the Federal Govt...eventually the bill was jettisoned because it became about North vs South.

seunayantokun:

This is not water bill matter which is quite different from Control of inland waterways
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by MasterTeeUSA: 6:21pm On Jan 08
Nope that is not the plan...if the Federal Govt cant control...how will you do business along waterways that pass through multiple states. Besides, you want the Fed Govt to use its fund to control erosion, pollution of water, cleaning and investment...but the states want to hold on to them for their cronies. If there are irrigation needs in a state and water can be channeled...you think they should be asking opposing party Gov first? We can never progress if we dont engage in best practices.

shotuns:
The plan is gradually coming together, indigenous citizen won't have power over their water bodies any longer, you will need permission to do anything on any water be it river, lake from this ruling. Yes, you're right the purpose is for the agenda, take their land, water, even air they breadth soon.

Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by Berankis: 7:04pm On Jan 08
This was the same reason that made the LASG to claim that the National Roadworthiness Certificate is invalid in Lagos if you registered outside of Lagos State buy bear a Lagos State Number Plate.
If the Supreme court can rule on inland waterways, they should be also be able to rule on roads. A National Certificate should be valid anywhere in the country and states should be barred from exploiting the citizens.
Now they claim if your Vehicle registration shows engine number in place of Chassis number (Which there VIO Officers registered), you must do a total re-registration of all your documents.
But na hypocrisy go kill LASG. I am a Lagosian, I am Yoruba but I see a lot of disparities in the discharge of LASG's duties.
Moreso, they always try to extort Lagos State residents unduly, criminally and by all means necessary.
With all the demolitions and destructions going on in some parts of Lagos Mainland and some parts of the Island, how come LABSCA don't ever regulate all the illegal house constructions on the Lagos Island - Isale Eko to be precise? You see all sorts of abnormal/illegal/unhealthy/defective/unapproved/unsafe constructions all over the place without LABSCA's interference. This shows how overzealous, unprofessional, biased and unscrupulous the LASG is their so-called oversight of the state's development.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by baralatie(m): 7:25pm On Jan 08
This is odd
States can build rails and trains while fg is said to be on total control of revenue on inland water ways
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by baralatie(m): 7:27pm On Jan 08
Jokerman:

Any waterway or water body should belong to FG
As declared by the supreme court
So everybody will liade with the fg
That one is clear
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by baralatie(m): 7:28pm On Jan 08
Well the supreme court is right
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by seunayantokun(m): 8:15pm On Jan 08
MasterTeeUSA:
It was part of the water bill. ..they ran to the Court to sue the Federal Govt...eventually the bill was jettisoned because it became about North vs South.

Control of waterways was the issue decided by court, not ownership of water resources which would have affected states' ownership and custodianship of land.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by seunayantokun(m): 8:31pm On Jan 08
shortgun:
Same thing with land. All the land in Nigeria belongs to the Federal Government.

If dreams were realities.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by Blue3k(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08
seunayantokun:

If dreams were realities.

The constitution is pretty clear land belonging to the FG.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by seunayantokun(m): 9:39pm On Jan 08
Blue3k:

The constitution is pretty clear on that. You never wondered why you get certificate of occupancy instead of ownership deeds? This wasn't the case until one foolish Coupist named Obassanjo introduced the land use act.

Which part of your constitution says that? Please, bring it up.

My friend, the law today says state governors who issue C of Os are the custodians of land, which I understand they hold in trust for the indigenous people(s) who are the traditional and original owners of land. So, control and management of land is legally and constitutionally in the hands of state governors in Nigeria.

Please, go read details under the following areas in the LAND USE ACT 1978:
PART I
General
SECTION
1. Vesting of all land in the State.
2. Control and management of land; advisory bodies.
3. Designation of urban areas.
4. Applicable law for the interim management of land.
If that's why you must kill everyone to get it, let mee assure you it will fail. The beginning is not the end, let us embrace peace.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by Blue3k(m): 10:07pm On Jan 08
seunayantokun:

Which part of your constitution says that? Please, bring it up.

My friend, the law today says state governors who issue C of Os are the custodians of land, which I understand they hold in trust for the indigenous people(s) who are the traditional and original owners of land. So, control and management of land is legally and constitutionally in the hands of state governors in Nigeria.

Please, go read details under the following areas in the LAND USE ACT 1978:
PART I
General
SECTION
1. Vesting of all land in the State.
2. Control and management of land; advisory bodies.
3. Designation of urban areas.
4. Applicable law for the interim management of land.
If that's why you must kill everyone to get it, let mee assure you it will fail. The beginning is not the end, let us embrace peace.

You're right I'm wrong.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by seunayantokun(m): 10:37pm On Jan 08
Blue3k:

You're right I'm wrong.

No qualm, my friend. Enjoy your week.
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by BitterTruth0001: 10:43pm On Jan 08
TakeNigeriaBack:

shocked shocked

See illiterate exposing himself on social media.

Go and study the Inland waterways act to know what a federal navigable waterway is before you come online to embarrass your family and lecturers

If you don’t know, ask with humility and I will school you . Yea bring your family and your whole village too , I will school all of them .
Re: NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways by BALLOSKI: 1:54pm On Jan 09
You can imagine how justice John Tsoho will be feeling right now that his judgment was upheld.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. / Dubai Agent / Lagos Development (Pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.