Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo (14373 Views)

Pictures From The Meeting Of PDP Leaders From Non-PDP States / I Trust The Lord God Of Host - Dino Melaye Blast Nigeria Leaders From Hideout / Leaders From The 6 Geopolitical Regions Meet With Peter Obi (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by epainos: 9:09am On Jan 09
NzogbuNzogbu:
go and ask, the last esan man that ruled didn't even have a house of his own after govt

He made education what it is in Edo, na him papa family house dem bury am shishi he never stole
The bolded part is the main attribute of delusion. grin

Is it not to steal the main objective of government? Or to make the whole community prosperous? Of course not stealing is an attribute, but not all. That's just the beginning bro. So that he didn't steal (God knows I don't know the person and I am confident you would defend your tribe amid so much evidence...though you gained absolutely zero) ....Mehn! Christ! The confidence you even show this sh.t is just nauseating.

Nigeria is finished.
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by NzogbuNzogbu: 9:14am On Jan 09
ekhai:
OBASEKI SERVED OUT IMASUAGBO'S TENURE. HE WAS COASTING HOME IN PDP AND LATER COLLECTED MONEY FROM OBASEKI AND STEPPED DOWN. SO HE CAN'T MAKE IT TO OSADEBE'S AVENUE AGAIN. YOU CAN'T EAT YOUR CAKE AND STILL HAVE IT.
lol, which money?

Dan orbhi was desperate for a sitting gov to come join them and was the one who sold pdp to obaseki

Infact orbhi was rooting for ihama initially, even the fact he is still routing for ihama now should tell you what happened then

Was imasuagbon suppose to fight obaseki when he knew the party was against him
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by itsene: 9:18am On Jan 09
oluseyiforjesus:
Obaseki left APC wen he betrayed his boss shaibu should leave also if he wants to succeed but.........
Obaseki was disqualified, my friend.

1 Like

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by emmykk(m): 9:33am On Jan 09
Jeezuzpick:

We'll never be free of tribal and religious politics, and as long as we keep using tribe and religion to choose leaders, we will only be extremely lucky to ever get a good one.

It is not tribal is it the right thing to do.

Lucky igbenedion Edo south
Adams Oshiomole Edo north
Godwin Obaseki Edo south

Should Edo people retain it or should Edo south get it there will be bias

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by fergie001: 9:35am On Jan 09
epainos:

Did I mention 1 tribe in my post? grin Guy man even sumed up and sealed it all. grin Nigeria can never work.
It will.

1 Like

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by SIONKPO1(m): 9:38am On Jan 09
Niok:
is shuaibu and ighodalo esan
Shuaibu won't win primaries,for fairness the Esan should have it

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by TruthsFM: 9:48am On Jan 09
fergie001:

He won't contest sef. He will step down at the venue of the Primaries.

I disagree.
Every tribe has her own good leaders, it is incumbent on us to fish them out.
The Esans have not ruled that State since 1983, don't they deserve to now or is Asue incompetent?

Osunbor was sacked by the Courts.
In the eyes of the law, he never was a Governor.

you are very right oga fergie001

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by epainos: 9:54am On Jan 09
fergie001:
It will.
It will work ONLY if your tribe is there....right? grin But if another Fulani or Yoruba man takes over from Tinubu...it will not work...right? grin No matter how incompetent your teibe man is or competent that Yoruba or Fulani man is. Right? grin OK...we must by force get the competent man from your tribe to work.

A beg... let's stop here.
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by Indispensable85(m): 9:55am On Jan 09
Xbox2005:
We all know the anoited candidate for obaseki is lghodalo.shuaibu only came as a spoiler in order to dealt with his oga

Ur English sha ooo 🤣
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by Indispensable85(m): 10:01am On Jan 09
fergie001:

He won't contest sef. He will step down at the venue of the Primaries.

I disagree.
Every tribe has her own good leaders, it is incumbent on us to fish them out.
The Esans have not ruled that State since 1983, don't they deserve to now or is Asue incompetent?

Osunbor was sacked by the Courts.
In the eyes of the law, he never was a Governor.

Philip Shaibu step down? Are you playing? You obviously don't know Shaibu. His job is simple! He'll destroy what is left of the PDP in Edo. I can tell you for free, that the PDP in Edo will scatter into pieces after the primaries. You can save this comment for reference.

As for osunbor he's still enjoying pension from Edo State government as a former governor. Cars are given to him every year. His portrait is hanging in government house too. He enjoys everything a former governor enjoys in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by Indispensable85(m): 10:03am On Jan 09
An esan man will be governor but it can never be the choice of Obaseki.

1 Like

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by fergie001: 10:08am On Jan 09
epainos:

It will work ONLY if your tribe is there....right? grin But if another Fulani or Yoruba man takes over from Tinubu...it will not work...right? grin No matter how incompetent your teibe man is or competent that Yoruba or Fulani man is. Right? grin OK...we must by force get the competent man from your tribe to work.

A beg... let's stop here.
Saw your past comments here, I agree, let's stop abeg.
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:18am On Jan 09
Indispensable85:

Philip Shaibu step down? Are you playing? You obviously don't know Shaibu. His job is simple! He'll destroy what is left of the PDP in Edo. I can tell you for free, that the PDP in Edo will scatter into pieces after the primaries. You can save this comment for reference.

As for osunbor he's still enjoying pension from Edo State government as a former governor. Cars are given to him every year. His portrait is hanging in government house too. He enjoys everything a former governor enjoys in Nigeria.
someone is finding it difficult to convience his family to support him, who he fit den convince to scatter for him

1 Like

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by fergie001: 10:25am On Jan 09
Indispensable85:
What you are saying is not different from what I am saying. What do you expect a sitting Deputy Governor to do when he loses the Primaries?
Odubu tried and failed, he can only complain.
Atiku tried with OBj and failed, and can only complain.
Shaibu is going into the Primaries to disgrace himself.
He wouldn't want to loose.

Let me tell you what Shaibu intends to do:
He is going to create a faction, steal some members of the persons called to supervise the Primary, and go to another venue and call the results that he won.. just like Babayemi did in Osun, just like Jarigbe did in Cross-River and allow the distractions in PDP.
It doesn't change one fact, he can't be PDP Candidate in 2024 because the Governors have powers over this kind of things and there is enough money to play with.
In the eyes of the law, he is not a Governor.
The Supreme Court has explained this very succinctly in Marwa v Nyako. All what he enjoys today is at the behest of the Governor who is there, without which he will get nothing.

Were you not aware when Wike pulled down the portrait of Omehia? Amaechi didn't recognize Omehia depaite been his cousin, Wike recognized him and pulled it down when Omehia started backing Atiku. In the eyes of the law, Ngige signed contracts and performed the functions of the Governor, but he never was.

Ok now, let me ask you a practical question: If Osunbor contests today and wins Edo Guber election, can he run for two terms? If yes, why? If no, why?

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by humility33(m): 10:55am On Jan 09
martineverest:
Edo election is not about tribe or religion..that state is the least tribalistic and least in religion segregation (Christians , Moslems and traditionalists are all recognised and not discriminatef)...the election is about equity.its Edo central's turn and they are trying to produce the best Candidate from that senatorial district

God bless I am Bini by tribe but trust me and my friends are all rooting for Asue

He stands tall amongst all the constantants. His profile and credentials cannot be matched

1 Like

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by Indispensable85(m): 11:37am On Jan 09
fergie001:

What you are saying is not different from what I am saying. What do you expect a sitting Deputy Governor to do when he loses the Primaries?
Odubu tried and failed, he can only complain.
Atiku tried with OBj and failed, and can only complain.
Shaibu is going into the Primaries to disgrace himself.
He wouldn't want to loose.

Let me tell you what Shaibu intends to do:
He is going to create a faction, steal some members of the persons called to supervise the Primary, and go to another venue and call the results that he won.. just like Babayemi did in Osun, just like Jarigbe did in Cross-River and allow the distractions in PDP.
It doesn't change one fact, he can't be PDP Candidate in 2024 because the Governors have powers over this kind of things and there is enough money to play with.

In the eyes of the law, he is not a Governor.
The Supreme Court has explained this very succinctly in Marwa v Nyako. All what he enjoys today is at the behest of the Governor who is there, without which he will get nothing.

Were you not aware when Wike pulled down the portrait of Omehia? Amaechi didn't recognize Omehia despite been his cousin, Wike recognized him and pulled it down when Omehia started backing Atiku. In the eyes of the law, Ngige signed contracts and performed the functions of the Governor, but he never was.

Ok now, let me ask you a practical question: If Osunbor contests today and wins Edo Guber election, can he run for two terms? If yes, why? If no, why?

Yes in the eyes of the law he was never a governor. I'm just saying he enjoys everything a former governor enjoys statutorily.

Oshiomhole handled odubu's aspiration with wisdom. Odubu didn't suffer the kind of humiliation Shaibu is suffering today. That's why it was easy to rein in odubu to work for Obaseki in the main election.

Bro the plan wey Shaibu and Dan orbih get for Obaseki ehnnn.... Lol 🤣🤣🤣
He should just forget about this election aswear. Asue Ighodalo will be PDP candidate but he nor go smell Osadebe Avenue. The plan this time around is much bigger and vicious than you think. Lol 🤣🤣🤣 just sit back and enjoy the game.

1 Like

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by Indispensable85(m): 11:42am On Jan 09
NzogbuNzogbu:
someone is finding it difficult to convience his family to support him, who he fit den convince to scatter for him

Lol.... it's easier to scatter bro.

Besides another set of PDP leaders in Edo north will also endorse the deputy governor in coming days. That'll give you an idea of what is coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by fergie001: 11:46am On Jan 09
Indispensable85:
Yes in the eyes of the law he was never a governor. I'm just saying he enjoys everything a former governor enjoys statutorily.

Oshiomhole handled odubu's aspiration with wisdom. Odubu didn't suffer the kind of humiliation Shaibu is suffering today. That's why it was easy to rein in odubu to work for Obaseki in the main election.
It was dependent on Odubu.
Odubu is suave and handled it in a mature manner. He didn't call Adam names, he didn't go to Court, he didn't defect. Infact, he congratulated Obaseki after the win. Oshiomhole even testified to it that Odubu handled it professionally.

Show me a Governor in Nigeria today that gives or gave his Deputy the latitude Obaseki gave to Shaibu. I tell you, none. So many Governors today, you won't even know the name of their Deputies.

You can dislike Obaseki but you cannot take that away. How many Governors/mini-Emperors will "stomach" a Deputy taking them to Court to stop impeachment and still remain there? This is the first time in Nigeria it's happening.

So don't compare Odubu and the exuberant Shaibu who is within his rights to contest for any office as long as he is qualified to.

Bro the plan wey Shaibu and Dan orbih get for Obaseki ehnnn.... Lol 🤣🤣🤣
Orbih and his people used the Courts last year and failed. We know who is pushing Orbih and that person is not even a friend of Shaibu. Infact, he pressured Obaseki to drop Shaibu in 2020.
The worse they will do is work against the Party but Shaibu will not be PDP Candidate for 2024.

The PDP NWC is considering to give Orbih a Deputy-Governor or SSG slot, so you can see Shaibu has been left behind once Orbih agrees.

He should just forget about this election aswear. Asue Ighodalo will be PDP candidate but he nor go smell Osadebe Avenue. The plan this time around is much bigger and vicious than you think. Lol 🤣🤣🤣 just sit back and enjoy the game.
nkan be.
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by Sleekfingers: 12:01pm On Jan 09
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by CilicMarin: 12:05pm On Jan 09
fergie001:

Odubu is suave and handled it in a mature manner. He didn't call Adam names, he didn't go to Court, he didn't defect. Infact, he congratulated Obaseki after the win. Oshiomhole even testified to it that Odubu handled it professionally.

Show me a Governor in Nigeria today that gives or gave his Deputy the latitude Obaseki gave to Shaibu. I tell you, none. So many Governors today, you won't even know the name of their Deputies.

You can dislike Obaseki but you cannot take that away. How many Governors/mini-Emperors will "stomach" a Deputy taking them to Court to stop impeachment and still remain there? This is the first time in Nigeria it's happening.

So don't compare Odubu and the exuberant Shaibu who is within his rights to contest for any office as long as he is qualified to.

Orbih and his people used the Courts last year and failed. We know who is pushing Orbih and that person is not even a friend of Shaibu. Infact, he pressured Obaseki to drop Shaibu in 2020.
The worse they will do is work against the Party but Shaibu will not be PDP Candidate for 2024.

The PDP NWC is considering to give Orbih a Deputy-Governor or SSG slot, so you can see Shaibu has been left behind once Orbih agrees.

nkan be.

Tales by moonlight.
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by fergie001: 12:09pm On Jan 09
CilicMarin:
Tales by moonlight.
e biakwa.

2020 grin
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by Indispensable85(m): 12:39pm On Jan 09
fergie001:

nkan be.

Yeah, I think odubu was more matured with his aspiration compared to Shaibu though. Normally Philip na rascal.

Fergie I can tell you that no amount of compensation will satisfy the orbih group other than the governoship ticket. They're more interested in vendetta against Obaseki than anything else. Remember too, Wike an ally of orbih is also an interested party in this election. He'll do everything possible to take his pound of flesh from Obaseki.

Yeah, orbih and Shaibu are not best of pals. Na Obaseki matter bring dem together now. The truth is, Obaseki will have too many political enemies to contend with in this election.

Yes, Obaseki is the most deputy-friendly governor in Nigeria. Very commendable!

I know say na ur paddy sha ooo 🤣🤣
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by fergie001: 12:55pm On Jan 09
Indispensable85:
Yeah, I think odubu was more matured with his aspiration compared to Shaibu though. Normally Philip na rascal.

Fergie I can tell you that no amount of compensation will satisfy the orbih group other than the governoship ticket. They're more interested in vendetta against Obaseki than anything else. Remember too, Wike an ally of orbih is also an interested party in this election. He'll do everything possible to take his pound of flesh from Obaseki.

Yeah, orbih and Shaibu are not best of pals. Na Obaseki matter bring dem together now. The truth is, Obaseki will have too many political enemies to contend with in this election.

Yes, Obaseki is the most deputy-friendly governor in Nigeria. Very commendable!
Since you mentioned the name yes, Wike asked Obaseki to drop Shaibu in 2020 for Orbih to produce someone and Obaseki said NO.

Shaibu isn't even their friend so them no send am. The Obaseki I see will even rather allow Asue lose than concede to Orbih taking anything unless he is pressured to by his friend.

Like I said, the worse they will do is work against the Party. In the end, Edo is a place where you don't come from outside to influence their decisions, na Dem go decide how Dem want am.

I know say na ur paddy sha ooo 🤣🤣
Hahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by bjdon: 1:23pm On Jan 09
It's really sad to see that in 2024, we are talking about tribe in the selection of a state Governor. 'The Binis have had it' , 'It's the turn of the Esan'....wow. Nobody is even outlining what should be the expectations of the next governor. What the candiates plans for key infrasture, for growing IGR....
If we do not raise our game as followers, we should not expect our leaders to raise their game either. So much of the economic hardship that people experience today, could be signficantly reduced if the sub national administrations (state govts and LG) were working effectlvly. I find it so surprising the selection of a state chief executive should be reduced to a tribal choice.
We should think carefully before allowing tribal sentiments guide our selection of leaders. Succesful nations, that we seek to emmulate and often migrate to, do not do that
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by NzogbuNzogbu: 1:29pm On Jan 09
Indispensable85:

Lol.... it's easier to scatter bro.

Besides another set of PDP leaders in Edo north will also endorse the deputy governor in coming days. That'll give you an idea of what is coming.
another set when no matter abi

With the way Shaibu is crying of not been carried along at the meeting it appears he is finished

Na the leaders of pdp in the zone we talking abt that bleeped him
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by Stevebuffet: 1:35pm On Jan 09
ekhai:
HIS POLITICAL LIFE IS ALREADY DAMAGED. CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME. HE HAS NO BACKING FROM HIS POLITICAL UNIT, NOT TO TALK OF HIS POLITICAL WARD.
IT'S GOOD TO BE AMBITIOUS BUT OVER AMBITIOUS IS NOT GOOD.
ALL THE PROBLEMS BETWEEN OBASEKI AND COMRADE/SENATOR OSHIOMOLE WERE ORCHESTRATED FROM HIS AMBITION. HE THOUGHT OBASEKI WILL SUPPORT HIS AMBITION. WHAT IS HAPPENING TODAY?
IF YOU BETRAYED YOUR BROTHER, THE BENEFICIARY WILL NEVER TRUST YOU.

Not exactly. He’s just being over-ambitious because had already told him that he will return power to an Esan man

1 Like

Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by Kingjbase: 2:23pm On Jan 09
VinnyBaba:

So, who is going to Win?

Ize-Iyamu, the CULTIST?

Edo Pple will NEVER allow the Useless Party called APC to take over their State! sad

The Election is between PDP and the Candidate, LP presents.
Particularly, If Labour Party presents Kenneth Imasuagbon. smiley

Still, it's PDP winning it! kiss
You don forget now now say tinubu is the head of this country
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by charlypoker(m): 2:35pm On Jan 09
Shaibu will not go away. He will learn a new thing
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by sizer07: 4:09pm On Jan 09
Josepholome:

https://leaders.ng/2024/01/08/edo-2024-philip-shaibu-suffers-blow-as-pdp-leaders-and-elders-from-edo-north-senatorial-district-endorse-barr-asue-ighodalo/

This guy Philip has shot his political ambition on the foot. Before his fallout with his once beloved boss. He was offered a senatorial post by his boss, if I where him I would have taken that offer, go to Abuja and build my political structure together with his god father and still be in good terms with his oga obaseki, come back in 8 yrs times with much more experience and asernal to then contest for the governorship, A win win for all. Who ever push him to go against his boss, gave him a wrong advise.obaseki still wants to be relevant in the scheme of things in Edo state which is why he want the rotation to happen.
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by Babathanks(m): 4:10pm On Jan 09
NzogbuNzogbu:
prof is not a bad choice but oshomole go suffocate all esan candidates in apc

Na him way
Na so una start edo no be Lagos from the east with fake propaganda that obaseki wanted to imprison edo😂. The fact remains that, Edo would never be like Lagos because most of there governor are extremely corrupt. A state that all there 18local government don't have any good road
Re: Shaibu Suffers Blow As PDP Leaders From Edo North Endorse Ighodalo by samwash(m): 6:27pm On Jan 09
Shaibu nor wan dey patient,if not that its not the turn of Edo north, Shaibu is a force to recon with,
Not that the Edo south hate him, they loved him with the fact that he stayed & fight with his boss Obaseki against Oshomole.
But when his time comes we will all give him the needed support for now let him lay low.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pic Prove That Wike Is A Norseman (cultist) / How Nigeria Will Mark 58th Independence Anniversary – SGF / Military Coup Thwarted Shagari's Planned Handover To Ekwueme- Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.