Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines (4904 Views)

FG Lifts Ban On Importation Of Furniture , Textiles / FG Lifts Ban On Doctors Residency Training Programme / FG Lifts State Of Emergency In Four States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by morgist(m): 12:44am On Mar 19, 2013
Nigeria's Aviation Ministry has lifted a brief flight suspension against Dana Air, the airline involved in the country's deadliest plane crash in the last 20 years.

The ministry said on Monday it reversed a Saturday decision to suspend Dana flights over "safety issues" with one aircraft after a meeting with the Nigerian airline's staff.

"At the end of the meeting, the suspension of the operations of the airline which took effect last Saturday was lifted. The airline is to resume normal operations immediately," Joe Obi, special assistant to Aviation Minister Stella Oduah, said.

In June, Dana Air flight 992, a McDonnell Douglas MD-83 , crashed into an apartment block in a populated Lagos suburb, killing 153 people on board and 10 others on the ground.

Dana was suspended then, but was allowed to start flying again in September, despite an incomplete inquiry into the cause of the crash.

http://www.newswatch24.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=411:fg-lifts-flight-suspension-of-dana-airlines&Itemid=581"

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by CLASSMAN: 7:38am On Mar 19, 2013
I need to ask sincerely does any body still fly this molue? This goes to show how very insensitive our government of the day has become, will they tell me money has not exchanged hands here? Till anoda disaster from dana occur b4 they ban them finally . Waiting sha
Mean while .....to coment

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by BlackPeni5: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2013
DANA Air's Juju is very strong...I need to know that baba.

The first airline in the country to continue operating after an air disaster.
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by iamswizz(m): 10:19am On Mar 19, 2013
Money must have exchanged Hands sad

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 19, 2013
meanwhile 3rd to comment? all tanks to MTN free 10MB
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by ElPresido: 10:23am On Mar 19, 2013
Confused ministry and parastatals! With one breath u ban; with another breath, u lift same ban. . .probably without any check to see if the conditions for d initial ban were met or not. Nigeria is sick!
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by slimfit1(m): 10:24am On Mar 19, 2013
goodluck to you all in Nigeria yhank you !
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by nonesense: 10:24am On Mar 19, 2013
they don settle my Oga at the top...
Thats all. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by ezedolar: 10:24am On Mar 19, 2013
FG too the play na them sabi
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by somieee(f): 10:25am On Mar 19, 2013
why cant we see d hand writing on d wall eh...fg airlines dnt do us any gud again.guess d best is 2 b traveling by sea.....*winks*...jst my opinion
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by Mayflowa(m): 10:25am On Mar 19, 2013
MayTheyFlySafely
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by ebamma(m): 10:26am On Mar 19, 2013
Ban today unban 2moro, that shows u that the aviation minister is either smoking weed or her oga at the top(gej) is clueless
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by petipeti: 10:26am On Mar 19, 2013
Möney good oo. Man must wack. Plz sabongeri news.
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by Lakayana: 10:27am On Mar 19, 2013
I declare amnesty for all bokoharam boys and give them free ticket to fly their very 1st flight.
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by jmoore(m): 10:27am On Mar 19, 2013
Confused folks. It is good news, this "banning mentality" based on sentiments should stop.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by ElPresido: 10:30am On Mar 19, 2013
CLASSMAN: I need to ask sincerely does any body still fly this molue? This goes to show how very insensitive our government of the day has become, will they tell me money has not exchanged hands here? Till anoda disaster from dana occur b4 they ban them finally . Waiting sha

Nothing says that Dana has not learned its lessons. Calling their planes molue is totally uncalled for! Dana was (if not still) d best and most safety-conscious airline in Nigeria (b4 last year's crash). They may have done exactly what is expected of them and they shud be allowed to do business.

My issue with d ban and unban thing is that our regulators are making it look frivolous. U ban someone on Saturday then unban him on Monday? It only goes to show that you did not do ur homework diligently well (on Saturday). There is no way Dana wud have used Sunday to fulfill all safety requirements that may have caused the ban.
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by MMM2(m): 10:33am On Mar 19, 2013
When is FG lifting d suspension of bellview airlines
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by Ama28(f): 10:37am On Mar 19, 2013
"Nigeria's Aviation Ministry has lifted a brief flight suspension against Dana Air, the airline involved in the country's deadliest plane crash in the last 20 years.

The ministry said on Monday it reversed a Saturday decision to suspend Dana flights over "safety issues" with one aircraft after a meeting with the Nigerian airline's staff."

Ministry of aviation did not tell us why that ban was lifted. That ban was supposed to save more lives and serve as a deterrent to other airlines.

How come its looking like money has changed hands?
So safety issue with one aircraft is not enough reason to suspend an aircraft? Let's put it more accurately so one hundred and sixty lives is not worth the ban!
Ok airlines you have heard
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by Dee60: 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
Do we still have a government in this country? They just wake up and do what comes to their minds perhaps. Can a nation be steered in this jigsaw rumble-tumble manner? I tire o.
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by sammmiey1: 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
These scums so called FG r juz playing Nigerians for a fool.
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by dolphinife: 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
some people on NAIRALAND are too ignorant of certain things in life. anywhere in the world, if a plane crashes, the airline will still be going on with their normal business. how on earth will a sane govt revoke the license of DANA in the first place?
have it ever occur to us that DANA was given the AIRLINE OF THE YEAR 2012?
am very sure that most people on NAIRALAND has never see an airport, not to talk of entering an aeroplane. Thats why you people will just be saying trash and rubbish just for talking sake.
for our perusal, DANA AIR, is still the best in Nigeria, irrespective of sentiments and perspectives.

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by meforyou1(m): 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2013
Black Peni5: DANA Air's Juju is very strong...I need to know that baba.

bellview nko? Just changed name to medview
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by chucky234(m): 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
CLASSMAN: I need to ask sincerely does any body still fly this molue? This goes to show how very insensitive our government of the day has become, will they tell me money has not exchanged hands here? Till anoda disaster from dana occur b4 they ban them finally . Waiting sha
for you to have referred to Dana airways as Molue shows you are a BRT customer who has never been to airport let alone board a plane,must everyone comment. Huh SMH

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by InvertedHammer: 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
Lift ko, Suspend ni.

Na person wey river see im leg, na im dey swallow.

Personal car things!

African time still reigns yonder...so there is no rush to get anywhere in Nigeria.

I go drive myself reach.
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by JudgeDredd: 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
Whats with the flip-flop? If truely safety concerns were raised it takes much more than days to rectify except they can prove beyond reasonable doubt that its simply documentation which itself is suspicious.

They've just decleared Caveat Emptor with this. . .

He who has ear let him hear. . .
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by klas(m): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
Black Peni5: DANA Air's Juju is very strong...I need to know that baba.

Nigeria Airways' F-28 plane crashed in Enugu in 1981 killing passengers on board. Its flights schedule continued even on the day of the accident. Not a minute suspension
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by BlackPeni5: 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
klas:

Nigeria Airways' F-28 plane crashed in Enugu in 1981 killing passengers on board. Its flights schedule continued even on the day of the accident. Not a minute suspension

Nigeria Airways? I believe Nigeria has been crashing since 1914. Its nothing new if the word 'Nigeria' in attached to the airline or anything else.
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by mikkyphp(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
Just got this:

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Our attention has been drawn to some media reports suggesting that a Dana Air aircraft had an emergency landing in Abuja on Saturday, 16th March, 2013 which the reports claim led to the suspension of the airline's operations by the Federal Ministry of Aviation.

To set the records straight, and as can be verified by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), there was no such incident involving a Dana Air aircraft. What is correct is that there was a snag on one of our aircrafts with Registration Number 5N-JAI due to operate a 7:20am flight from Abuja to Lagos on Saturday, 16th March, 2013. During routine checks, the Captain of the flight noticed the snag and, as a standard precautionary measure, disembarked the guests and called for a replacement aircraft from Lagos with Registration Number 5N-SRI which eventually ferried the guests from Abuja to Lagos; at no point was a Dana Air aircraft airborne with a faulty battery, necessitating an emergency landing.

At Dana Air, we place a high premium on our guests and crew and we will continue to go the extra mile to ensure safe, reliable and world-class air transport services to our esteemed guests.

Dana Air Management
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by babyboy3(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
They said you get the leaders you deserve

If the government allow them (DANA) to operate, at-least they didn't put a gun to the passengers head to fly with Dana? They didn't force people to buy their ticket
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by duality(m): 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2013
ban today un-ban tomorrow. just like seuns nairaland
Re: FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines by aurenflani: 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
iamswizz: Money must have exchanged Hands sad

Money exchanged hands only with other airliner operators. These people are extortionists. I travelled from Abuja to Lagos on friday for N18k. On getting to MM2 yesterday the ticket was from N25k due to DANA's suspension and aero's staff strike!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Herdsmen Killed & Raze Houses In Nasarawa / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Buhari Is A Fraud - American Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.