Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) (33280 Views)

Tinubu Sacks NAHCON Board, Appoints Jalal Arabi As New Chairman / Tinubu 'Sacks' Sen Binani As Campaign Coordinator For Adamawa After She Resigned / Kogi Guber Race: Plot To Replace Bello Thickens, Irukera Tipped For APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by drololaaof: 1:06am On Jan 09
YorubaPrince:
MC Oluomo be next... grin
You miss that one
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Bovis(m): 1:35am On Jan 09
manitoba:
Jide my man. The man with the intelligence of BAT on a good day. May his gentle soul rest in peace..

Amen 🙏, yes was quite intelligent we named him the nutty professor. He never wanted to live under the shadow of his father, lived life under his own terms

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by ivolt: 1:44am On Jan 09
HopeSpencer:
Political appointees always see their posts as opportunities to make money. It seems Tinubu wants to change the narrative.
Did Tinubu appoint them in the first place?
No.
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:45am On Jan 09
DaddyJapan:

Thanks for bringing this vexing issue into sharp focus.

When you say he empowered predatory digital money lenders (DMLs), do you mean that he granted them operating licenses to begin with? I am asking because I don't think such powers were ever within his remit.

Source: https://punchng.com/well-continue-to-block-illegal-loan-apps-irukera/
No I'm not saying he enabled them or issued licenses to them but I think he didn't do enough to control their activities. There is also the issue of food price going up without regulations. He did his best but could have done better in the area of protecting people's data.
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by year2013: 2:21am On Jan 09
planetx:
No accusation of nepotism now that the two sacked gentlemen are Yorubas.

To be replaced again with yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by aribisala0(m): 2:27am On Jan 09
When the coach tells a player

You are not in my plans
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by aribisala0(m): 2:29am On Jan 09
Kelvin30286063:

No I'm not saying he enabled them or issued licenses to them but I think he didn't do enough to control their activities. There is also the issue of food price going up without regulations. He did his best but could have done better in the area of protecting people's data.
Is it his job to control their activities ??

What about the CBN, Minister of Trade,, Attorney General , Finance Minister? The Immigrations people that sell out work permits and visas

what you are citing is not his job

clearly you are clueless on this issue

Wha you are sayng is not even logical

You don't focus on the body set up by law to regulate such entities that also licenses them
the CBN

bit are just boiling like a kettle with no thermostat

Food price going up without regulations Are you alright? What the hell are you talking about I can't believe I am reading that. What regulations for food prices ? How? Where? Why not regulation for Olosho price

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Yestogood: 2:40am On Jan 09
trutharena:
Na only Fashola understand Tinubu.

He said Tinubu consistently sack people throughout their government.

That's expected of a responsive administrator. In Buhari's time, the bureaucracy was loaded with his ethnic group and he didn't even have the knowledge of what to supervise, had he wanted to.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Elnuk34(m): 2:42am On Jan 09
Racoon:
Why not sack yourself first? A confirmed culprit busy sack others more competent than himself.
. You go wail until you enter coma. Sorry for you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by faceland: 2:48am On Jan 09
They keep embarrassing the man. This is too much abeg.

That Buhari style of "free for all" must stop or country would collapse.
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Kukutente23: 2:53am On Jan 09
Bovis:

What do I gain from lying about my late friend that was a benefactor to many. The problem with you people is that you’re not objective and apply sentiment to everything. There are some rich people who have willed all their wealth to care homes and strangers instead of their children, go figure! Tinubu is a very pragmatic person, he’s loved/hated by many but respected by everyone that knows him. You will always know where you stand with him
Willing away all of one's wealth to strangers and care homes is not principles but foolishness.

Even the Bible says it that a good man leaves an inheritance for his children.

Anyone who does not leave anything for his children out of his works or sweat is suffering from a curse.

The Bible calls it a snake that passes on a rock.

Tinubu on the other hand has shown that he has no qualms willing the commonwealth of Nigerians to his children if need be.

Folashade is Iyaloja.

Seyi is an advertising magnate in Lagos with strong influence in his govt.

These two contrasts sharply with the picture you painted of him refusing to perform his fatherly functions of giving his son a wife based on "principles of marketability".

I hope you can see your contradiction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Warrikelvin7(m): 3:36am On Jan 09
Hibeemany:
I want to become a governor, President,.....obviously nothing to show for at the end of the day. Someone that needs to be sack is sacking people here and there.

Your tears 😭 are delicious
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by CrossRhodes: 4:21am On Jan 09
Omihanifa:
Babatunde irukera nah correct man o
Yes, correct thief

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by wildernessVoice: 4:40am On Jan 09
Those who lives in glass house shouldn't throw stones.
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:50am On Jan 09
[quote author=chokekachy post=127846520][/quote]

IMAGINE LOSING YOUR JOB ON 1ST MONTH OF THE YEAR...! embarassed
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by tishbite41(m): 4:51am On Jan 09
VinnyBaba:

Is Okoh a Yoruba name?

Dat Name is borne by Ika (Agbor) pple of Delta State and some Urhobos and Isoko, too. sad

Maybe the Man's mother is Yoruba. smiley
Igbos, Urhobo, Isoko and maybe Idoma/Igala

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Handsum64: 5:08am On Jan 09
Racoon:
Why not sack yourself first? A confirmed culprit busy sack others more competent than himself.
You still dey campaign for Obi abi na for Atiku?
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by lesbiconverter: 5:24am On Jan 09
Omihanifa:
Babatunde irukera nah correct man o
he's not delivering like the other stooges
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by BenedictAbajue(m): 5:27am On Jan 09
planetx:
Seun fergie001 Namechecker spotted
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Abujaexpress: 5:55am On Jan 09
[quote author=chokekachy post=127846520][/quote]Babatunde Irukera transformed the Consumer Council very well. He was very competent
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by pipnator00(m): 5:58am On Jan 09
(1) Mr. Babatunde Irukera —EVC/CEO, Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC)

This should be the man who stop those loan app from sending threatening messages to people? Same man who made who mad BAT pay a fine of $110million? The has been doing his job diligently! Why the sack?

In fact he gave us hope that Nigeria can work if we have the right people in place. Please reconsider this sack Mr Tinubu!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Kkola: 6:04am On Jan 09
ILoveNG:

That you will be like this for some 8 years or more bothers me. It must really be hard for you and i honestly don’t envy you.
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by StrongAlphMale: 6:56am On Jan 09
planetx:

What are you trying to say dude? Tinubu's govt is largely made up of Yorubas na. How many hausas, igbos and other tribes dey this govt? So who else were you expecting him to sack when his govt is largely 99.9% Yorubas?
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Downey(f): 7:12am On Jan 09
trutharena:
Na only Fashola understand Tinubu.

He said Tinubu consistently sacked people throughout their government.

Na why e just step out Jeje to avoid embarrassment
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by soccerlite: 7:17am On Jan 09
Let another person come and chop too
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:21am On Jan 09
aribisala0:
Is it his job to control their activities ??

What about the CBN, Minister of Trade,, Attorney General , Finance Minister? The Immigrations people that sell out work permits and visas

what you are citing is not his job

clearly you are clueless on this issue

Wha you are sayng is not even logical

You don't focus on the body set up by law to regulate such entities that also licenses them
the CBN

bit are just boiling like a kettle with no thermostat

Food price going up without regulations Are you alright? What the hell are you talking about I can't believe I am reading that. What regulations for food prices ? How? Where? Why not regulation for Olosho price

It was absolutely his job to protect the consumers rights and CBN has no business with consumers, they are a financial regulators and they are suppose to work hand in hand with FCCPC when it's partains to the issue of loan sharks. I'm sure that is probably one of the reasons why the former CBN governor was also fired. Consumers right is not limited to finances alone, it cut across every aspects of business transactions and trade. That is exactly why FCCPC was created. CBN is not an executive arm of government so they cannot go into the field to enforce laws directly which makes them more or less powerless after circulating instructions, FCCPC on the other hand was create for the sole purpose of protecting consumers. And they have the power to enforce change when it relates to consumers rights.

You're the one that doesn't know the job of a Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commissioner. As a consumer, it is your right to buy food products at a competitive market price and the FCCPC job to make sure consumers datas are protected online in any online expenditures. Dude, please go back to your law book cos obviously you don't know why the FCCPC was set up in the first place.

You think food prices cannot be regulated. 🤦🏻‍♂️ You're a dullard if you think the government cannot regulate food prices cos if you have ever left the country, you will understand why it is 100% possible for government to regulate food prices and that is solely the job of FCCPC. There's a reason why the price of hamburger has been $2.74 since 2015 and it hasn't changed till now but here in Nigeria, dolnut can be 3000 today and 4500 tomorrow. It is your right as a consumer to buy food at a fair and regulated price that tallies with the cost of production without excess profits.

Note: What about the CBN, Minister of Trade,, Attorney General , Finance Minister? The Immigrations people that sell out work permits and visas
Minister of Trade, Attorney General, Finance Minister should all be in the same business of regulating food prices, and fighting unlicensed businesses but it is not their job to protect consumers rights! That duty falls solely on FCCPC. Immigration has no business in this discussion cos loan shark business owners do not live in Nigeria and they don't employ foreigners to run their businesses in Nigeria.
Regulating price of olosho? That's stupid and shows your level of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by COMPAQ(m): 7:26am On Jan 09
stepaside1:
These 2 gentlemen are arguably amongst the top 10 competent persons holding public jobs in this country. What have they done to deserve sack? Irukera as federal consumer protection boss recently saw to British American Tobacco paying that huge fine. Okoh on the other hand has been doing some good privatisation work. What on earth are their crimes??

The Job of the FCCPC is not to get fines. Its far, far more than that. Name 5 entities that have been privatized in Okohs time?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by MyExpression(m): 7:39am On Jan 09
Make we no find that $110 million fine that was paid by BAT.
I dare say the sack is linked to this case.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by MyExpression(m): 7:52am On Jan 09
pipnator00:
(1) Mr. Babatunde Irukera —EVC/CEO, Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC)

This should be the man who stop those loan app from sending threatening messages to people? Same man who made who mad BAT pay a fine of $110million? The has been doing his job diligently! Why the sack?

In fact he gave us hope that Nigeria can work if we have the right people in place. Please reconsider this sack Mr Tinubu!

What if the sack was due to his hardwork.
He might be hurting some big corrupt players, close to the presidency.

What if dat $110m fine was supposed to be low key, but he refused to play ball....now no one can siphon it without accountability.
He has fought Loan sharks, and maybe fighting Multichoice too.

The person that appointed him as CEO FCCPC, is a Tinubu loyalist.
He reported the case to baba, and baba had to get rid of him.

Baba no dey use ear hear disloyal

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by pipnator00(m): 8:00am On Jan 09
MyExpression:

What if the sack was due to his hardwork.
He might be hurting some big corrupt players, close to the presidency.

What if dat $110m fine was supposed to be low key, but he refused to play ball....now no one can siphon it without accountability.
He has fought Loan sharks, and maybe fighting Multichoice too.

The person that appointed him as CEO FCCPC, is a Tinubu loyalist.
He reported the case to baba, and baba had to get rid of him.

Baba no dey use ear hear disloyal

I don't understand where you stand! Are you for a Nigeria that works for all or a Nigeria that works for a few, mainly the elite?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu / Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) / Touts Shun Soludo’s Orders, Attack Tricycle Riders Over Levies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.