Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX (6179 Views)

Dangote Cement Hits N10 Trillion Capitalisation As Otedola Buys Shares / Dangote Cement Emerges First Stock To Hit ₦‎10 Trillion Capitalisation On NGX / NSE: Market Capitalisation Up N88bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by deenee: 9:45am On Jan 09
abhosts:
Imagine boasting that one of the biggest banks in a country with 200 million people has $1b in market cap. To put that into perspective, the city of Detroit, with a population of about 650,000, is considered the poorest city in the United States. Their annual budget expenditure is about $2.5b.

Africa's poverty should be a crime against humanity.

Relocate to Detroit Oga and leave us with our poverty.

1 Like

Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by Abagworo(m): 9:45am On Jan 09
Knowing 1 trillion January 2024 is equivalent to 290 billion May 2023 makes one realize this is nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by killsmith(f): 9:57am On Jan 09
ppogba:

For every situation in life, there is always an option. The staff complaining have the option of resigning.

Hundreds of thousands will love to have their job.

Perhaps, their experience will be appreciated at Opay and Kuda

I was talking to Mr elumelu, not you.

2 Likes

Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by ppogba: 10:10am On Jan 09
killsmith:

I was talking to Mr elumelu, not you.

Whether to me or Elumelu, all I am saying is, take a walk if you are tired of the job.

Wailing and crying on nairaland where Mr Elumelu can never notice you is SENSELESS.

1 Like

Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by killsmith(f): 10:13am On Jan 09
ppogba:

Whether to me or Elumelu, all I am saying is, take a walk if you are tired of the job.

Wailing and crying on nairaland where Mr Elumelu can never notice you is SENSELESS.
Where did I mention that I work at UBA?
Mr Man, take your frustrations elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by ppogba: 10:16am On Jan 09
killsmith:
Where did I mention that I work at UBA?
Mr Man, take your frustrations elsewhere.

Why are you now crying more than the bereaved?

It should have been a complement if I had assumed you work at UBA.

1 Like

Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by Kobicove(m): 10:23am On Jan 09
ppogba:

Check their 9M result for Year 2023 and educate yourself further. It is always good to want to sound knowledgeable.

Forget their 9M result, the severity of the losses of the last 3 months due to exchange losses is enough to significantly wipe off any gains from the first 3 quarters of the year!

1 Like

Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by Basicend: 10:33am On Jan 09
abhosts:
Imagine boasting that one of the biggest banks in a country with 200 million people has $1b in market cap. To put that into perspective, the city of Detroit, with a population of about 650,000, is considered the poorest city in the United States. Their annual budget expenditure is about $2.5b.

Africa's poverty should be a crime against humanity.

That is the effect of currency devaluation.

Blame your govt.
Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by ppogba: 10:33am On Jan 09
Kobicove:

Forget their 9M result, the severity of the losses of the last 3 months due to exchange losses is enough to significantly wipe off any gains from the first 3 quarters of the year!

I will not forget the 9M result because it addressed significantly the forex issues you are hammering on.

Get conversant with happenings in the banking sector before cherry-picking a figment to base your argument on.

You may do well to check on any of the FUGAZ too.
Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by Rejouir: 10:49am On Jan 09
This Tinubu govt would really favour elumelu,
Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by shizzy7(f): 12:31pm On Jan 09
Kobicove:
I hope they're not cooking the books by artificially inflating their profits because I know that 2023 was generally a very bad year for most business organisation in Nigeria because of the recent devaluation of the Naira and this should also affect UBA because I'm very sure the also have some exposure to loans in foreign currency undecided
2023 was the best year for banks.
Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by Lovestrong(m): 4:17pm On Jan 09
ppogba:

For every situation in life, there is always an option. The staff complaining have the option of resigning.

Hundreds of thousands will love to have their job.

Perhaps, their experience will be appreciated at Opay and Kuda

UBA is d worst bank I ever encountered, ordinary urgent loan to help d masses dem no fit but Opay and Kuda can do dt for there customers
Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by deenee: 4:26pm On Jan 09
Kobicove:

What losses?

People just display lack of a understanding.

Most banks have long positions on their balance sheet which create a natural edge for them especially for those with international subsidiaries

The revaluation gains is what we are seeing fall through.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by ppogba: 5:46pm On Jan 09
Lovestrong:
UBA is d worst bank I ever encountered, ordinary urgent loan to help d masses dem no fit but Opay and Kuda can do dt for there customers

Eeyah!
Sorry about the situation.
But, granting of loans or credit facility comes with some conditions.
Were you able to meet the criteria?
Did you approach the bank in the first instance?
What was the response of the bank to your request?

Remember, the loan you want to collect is some people's money.

!
Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by Lovestrong(m): 6:23pm On Jan 09
ppogba:

Eeyah!
Sorry about the situation.
But, granting of loans or credit facility comes with some conditions.
Were you able to meet the criteria?
Did you approach the bank in the first instance?
What was the response of the bank to your request?

Remember, the loan you want to collect is some people's money.

!
lol! To ur understanding, I'm bankrupt...... Not really, am just given u instance of ur dear UBA failure
Re: UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX by ppogba: 7:49pm On Jan 09
Lovestrong:
lol! To ur understanding, I'm bankrupt...... Not really, am just given u instance of ur dear UBA failure

Is that how you understood my comment?
Where did the issue of bankruptcy come into the discussion?

Bye Sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enough Of I Need Idea Or Money For Investment: Lets Invest Now. / Snail Trading, A Very Lucrative Part-time Business! / I Need To Buy New Air Compressor Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.