Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom (11224 Views)

Partial disconnection: Glo Subscribers To Be Barred From Calling MTN Lines - NCC / Glo Pays N2.6bn Interconnect Debt To MTN / Glo Owing MTN N10 Billion In Interconnectivity Fees - BusinessDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by politicoNG: 12:58pm On Jan 09
Globacom Ltd, a Nigerian Telecommunications Company on Tuesday denied reports making the rounds that it was owing MTN interconnect charges.

A reliable source in Globacom told the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos that the amount due for payment was N1.6 billion and it had been paid without controversy.

A public pre-disconnection notice signed by the Nigerian Communication Commission’s, NCC, Director of Public Affairs, Reuben Muoka, had been posted on the commission’s Twitter page on Monday, January 8.

The notice stated that Glo failed to settle its outstanding debts despite repeated attempts at resolution.

It stated that after reviewing the application and the circumstances relating to the indebtedness, Globacom lacked the significant or justifiable reasons for failing to pay the interconnect charges.

Part of the public notice read: “All subscribers are requested to take notice that the commission has approved the partial disconnection of Globacom to MTN.

“This is in accordance with Section 100 of the Nigerian Communications Act (2003) and paragraph nine of the Guidelines on Procedure for Granting Approval to Disconnect Telecommunications Operators (2012).

“At the expiration of 10 days from Jan. 8, 2024, subscribers of Globacom will no longer be able to make calls to MTN but will be able to receive calls.

The Glo official said a proper cross checking of facts should have been done before concluding that the telco was owing MTN.

“We are not owing MTN any interconnect charges,” the Glo official said.

The official added that Glo was the first telecoms company that introduced the pay per second form of billing, thereby cutting the monopoly of the other foreign companies operating in Nigeria.

According to the Glo official, the report against Nigeria’s fully indigenous telecommunications company that has redefined access to communications at all levels is false.

https://dailynigerian.com/mtn-interconnect-charges/

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7962277/partial-disconnection-glo-subscribers-barred

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by God1000(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09
So who's lying and who is telling the truth between MTN and GLO?

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by IkeGod9891(m): 1:08pm On Jan 09
Battle of the riche
Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by Curious345: 1:09pm On Jan 09
I believe Mtn.. Nigeria is a crime scene .

Cite tb Joshua

14 Likes

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by Niok: 1:09pm On Jan 09
This country na film

8 Likes

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by Kcfresh2103(m): 1:09pm On Jan 09
smiley make we hear from mtn and NCC first, then we will know who to be invited to the EFCC office for grilling, mtn and NCC you guys should reply this claim by glo.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by HeatSeeker(m): 1:09pm On Jan 09
Oni gbese! Pay their money o! tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by ATEAMS: 1:10pm On Jan 09
Lies
Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by troytino: 1:10pm On Jan 09
Adenuga na chronic debtor

If this is not settled well, Glo will lose more than 80% of its customers as almost everyone in Nigeria uses MTN and no one will love not to be able to make calls to family, friends and biz partners.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by Flame333: 1:10pm On Jan 09
I feel ashamed seeing news like this..
How do you encourage investors that you can manage their investment

2 Likes

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by DenreleDave(m): 1:10pm On Jan 09
grin cheesy

GLO, for this 2024, No gree oooo!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:11pm On Jan 09
Na una sabi o
Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by adesegun121(m): 1:11pm On Jan 09
Ok
Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by omenka1: 1:11pm On Jan 09
Abi glo wan follow pack up?

1 Like

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by eleko1: 1:12pm On Jan 09
sad
Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by ProudNigerian01: 1:12pm On Jan 09
Who is telling the truth now?

Anyway, have you read your bible today? if you haven't done so, read the verse below and pray with it:

Rev.3.20 - Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

O Lord, I open up the door of my heart and life to you, come and dine with me in Jesus name. Amen.

Ps: No matter what they say of TB. Joshua, the Legacy lives on cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by maxiuc(m): 1:13pm On Jan 09
grin

1 Like

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by BadMaster: 1:14pm On Jan 09
The real question is, why always Glo? Glo is always the network being reported to owe others interconnect charges.

4 Likes

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by gammarays(m): 1:16pm On Jan 09
Wetin concern me with GLO

Useless network upon say na indigenous brand 🙄🙄

4 Likes

Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by Reelmii: 1:17pm On Jan 09
Ok
Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by bassdow: 1:21pm On Jan 09
if I were a Lawyer eh, I no sure say I go ever hungry.

This MTN vs GLO matter, lawyer suppose use at least one side chop.

If I no owe you, and you talk say I do, I GO COLLECT | if You owe me, talk say You no owe me, I GO STILL COLLECT

if opponent talk say Money wey I (and my client) bill am plenty, I go arrange for out-Of-Court-Settlement - that way, I GO STILL COLLECT FROM BOTH OF UNA.
Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by bassdow: 1:21pm On Jan 09
[quote author=bassdow post=127856049][/quote]
Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by Adenugay(m): 1:21pm On Jan 09
ok
Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by Correctbro1: 1:21pm On Jan 09
But i still use my glo call mtn today and e go
Re: Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom by BarrElChapo(m): 1:22pm On Jan 09
Mike isn’t a good businessman to be honest.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) / Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos / Samsumg Galaxy Note 3 Vs Tecno Phantom A 2 (the Phablet Wars)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.