Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? (1752 Views)

Who Follows Jesus Mode Of Worship, Moslem Or Christian? / Preaching Or Christian Entertainment? / Put your Best Hymns or Christian songs here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 04, 2011
[img]http://4loveofthetruth.files./2011/07/interfaith-pic-1.jpg?w=500&h=494[/img]

I recently had the privilege of responding to a blogger’s comment, one which advocated that there be no criticism of religions opposed to, or religions other than, Christianity. Furthermore, the opinion of the concerned blogger was that evangelical Christians should gain a full understanding of other religions, by listening to everything followers of those religions have to say, rather than warning them of their error in love and out of concern.

Satan’s deceptively brilliant idea of punting religious tolerance among the nations, in opposition to the biblical instruction to speak only the truth in love and in accordance with the Gospel, has gained mammoth religious popularity and has invaded the psyche of converts to the globally accepted interfaith protagonists.

While this is in agreement with the worldly message emanating from the post-modern emergent church, and is certainly what followers of false religions necessarily endorse, it is nonetheless contrary to the Scriptural instruction to the believer in Jesus Christ. Sadly, and in an ever increasing number of communities, it is a legislated prescription to the people to be tolerant of all and sundry, failing which prosecution or, at the very least, social persecution is certain.

I am now far more thankful than I was frustrated at the time, for comment by that blogger which motivated me to give thought, once again, to the matter. I trust that my response at the time, can be positively shared here, on our blog.

It went something like this:

In reality, surely you [advocates of worldly religions] cannot be so cold and hateful toward your fellow men, to expect Christians to simply sit back while concealing the Truth, and to expect Christians to be tolerant of false religions for the sake of an unbeliever’s feelings, or for the sake of temporary [artificial] peace? All this while Christians are fully aware that those followers of false gods are headed for an eternity separated from God in hell?

If Christians do not point out (constructively criticize) the deception of Satan in luring the world into his false religions, the Truth will not be heard by those who do not know the Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.

You [those who expect Christians to be tolerant of error] surely cannot expect Christians to be non-critical of religions of all kinds, for if that were so, it would make heartless and deceitful liars of all true Christians. True Christians do not criticize other religions because they hate the followers of false religions, to the contrary! They criticize those religions because they LOVE the deceived followers of false religions enough to care about their eternal salvation, which cannot be found anywhere except in Jesus Christ.

Furthermore it is the duty of those who know the Truth, the saved believers in Jesus Christ, to make the Truth in the Word of God known to all people, failing which the blood of the unbeliever will be on the hands of the believer. Ezekiel 3:18  expresses the position of the Christian believer: “If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.”

The problem is not criticizing or being critical of any given religion, the problem is that those who follow false religions are those who do not wish to believe the Word of God, and who become very defensive of their false gods when confronted with the Truth.

If one is not convicted of the lies and deceptive beliefs of false religions by the indwelling Holy Spirit, then tolerance and acceptance of any and all forms of religion seems to be a sensible and honorable stance to adopt. Believing that the Almighty Creator God is the same god of all religions is a terrible error with deadly consequences for those who do not come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

There exists no need for those who have come to know the Truth, to listen to or understand any message of any religion which is not of God, whether it be a doctrine of man or demon in any false religion. Satan has motivated the formation of thousands of different religions to keep unbelieving people in a state of confusion and blindness and to mislead them through subtle error. It is Satan’s explicit intention to obscure the Truth of the Word of God from man, thereby assuring that unbelievers do not receive eternal life.

God’s clear instruction is to NOT listen to the doctrines of men, but to adhere to the Truth in the Word of God, the Bible. If you give heed ONLY to the Word of God, the Bible, by His Grace you WILL come to know all you would ever need to know in this life. It will then become perfectly clear why all religions are totally and utterly superfluous to eternal salvation and why it is impossible to be an evangelical Christian and at the same time to NOT be critical of false religions.

The Word of God tells us this:

Luk 10:25  And behold, a lawyer stood up to put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

Luk 10:26  He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How do you read it?”

Luk 10:27  And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Luk 10:28  And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.”

If we love the Lord our God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our strength and with all our mind, we will attempt to apply all our faculties including our ability to critically examine false religions. If we also love our neighbors, in accordance with the same passage of Scripture, we will make every attempt to warn them about false religions.

Therefore it is the DUTY of all true evangelical Christians to criticize in truth and in love, by testing everything according to the Word of God, by applying our minds and by issuing biblically approved warnings to followers of false religions. As the evidence suggests, those who wish to dispute that, should do so in the knowledge that their dispute is with the Word of God.

Being critical of all religions is therefore not additional or causative to the world’s problems as the blogger suggested, rather it is part of God’s solution to the problems, through the Body of His saved believers!

Article
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2011
Read !
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Kay17: 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
Frosbel, the bible says there are god, satan, angels and demons. Why should i believe that the bible which contains stories of talking snakes and donkeys is true?
Thank you.
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 05, 2011
Yes we should and we must expose false religions at all times, do deliver the captives from their false prophets.
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Joagbajee: 1:28am On Nov 06, 2011
If criticism is Your cross , please carry it. We shall all appear before him.

. , and Jesus said unto them go YE into all the world and criticise , Criticise them in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit. . . . cool
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2011
Fair enough. As long as you christians also accept the criticisms of your own religion in good faith from others who live outside the boundaries of christianity. Remember that no belief system is exempted from criticisms or even condemnation. And it is the duty of every non-christian to do exactly this. wink
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by PastorAIO: 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2011
How, then, is the faith of any people, however false, to be refuted, though it may have arrived at such a pitch of blindness as to confess some idol to be the creator both of heaven and of earth? As, according to your own admission, you cannot reason upon matters of faith, you have no right to attack others upon a matter with regard to which you think you ought yourself to be unassailed.

-Abelard

Discussing religion with members of other faiths is one thing. Such an open discussion would involve both a critical analysis of their faith as well as that of christianity. However just hurling abuse and one way traffic of criticism is another thing entire. One way is constructive and the other is just plain idiotiic.
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Sweetnecta: 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2011
So when you abuse and insulted me, yesterday, where will you field it?

Yet you and i have many months between us.
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Fair enough. As long as you christians also accept the criticisms of your own religion in good faith from others who live outside the boundaries of christianity. Remember that no belief system is exempted from criticisms or even condemnation. It is the duty of every non-chriatians to do exactly this. wink

But no one has ever stopped you from criticizing Christianity, you guys do it here 24/7 , that is your trademark undecided

We simply debate you chaps to a standstill and you start getting all sloppy.

Continue , honestly we do not mind. grin
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

So when you abuse and insulted me, yesterday, where will you field it?

Yet you and i have many months between us.

I am sorry if you feel insulted, but calling Muhammad a false prophet, or exposing the fallacy of yawning is no insult.
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by VoodooDoll(m): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2011
An interesting website profiling the life of Mohammed (quite revealing in a depressing way).

http://www.faithfreedom.org/comics/01.htm

It also quotes from the Quran to show or highlight the inconsistencies between their practice and words.
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Sweetnecta: 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2011
@Frosbel; My statement was for pastorAIO, who should know how to respect his elder.

i know you, frosbel is defending trinity. For you all means employed are legal.

@Voodoodoll: we know about Ali Sina and gang, already. And if its Daniel Pipes, no worries. Or even Robert Spencer. And others. No problem.

There efforts shall not change a thing already decided and gone.
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by PastorAIO: 3:02pm On Nov 06, 2011
Where did I insult Olabowale? I cannot recall.
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Joagbaje(m): 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2011
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2011
Joagbajee:

If criticism is Your cross , please carry it. We shall all appear before him.

. , and Jesus said unto them go YE into all the world and criticise , Criticise them in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit. . . . cool

No guilty conscience please.

I was talking about religions , not Christ Embassy grin

We will come to CE later !!
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by mrmayor(m): 8:41pm On Nov 06, 2011
Frosbel,

How do you get the time to write thesis after thesis on NL?
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^^

Sat here on a cold wintery day in my study , You do realise it is dark and miserable in the UK as we speak  grin

What else is there to do  undecided

On a more serious note I do not write them, I extract them from reliable God-loving sources and post them here.
Re: Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty? by Joagbaje(m): 1:38am On Nov 07, 2011
frosbel:

I was talking about religions , not Christ Embassy grin

We will come to CE later !!

On the contrary, its not about CEC .The video will teach you how to witness to men in other religions. You will learn great deal from it kindly watch it. grin

(1) (Reply)

Foursquare Gospel Church, Anthony, Lagos On Fire! / How Much Do You Believe The Existence Of ILLUMINATI? / Tomorrow Is Holy Michael Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.