Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 (18021 Views)

Egypt Should Be Banned From Hosting AFCON / Guide To Stadiums Hosting AFCON In Egypt 2019 / Photos Of Beautiful Ladies Spotted At Russia 2018 World Cup Stadiums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by robosky02(m): 9:14pm On Jan 09
From Abidjan to Korhogo: A detailed look at the 6 stadiums hosting AFCON 2023

A detailed look at the 6 stadiums hosting AFCON 2023

Six exquisite stadiums will welcome teeming fans and competing teams to Ivory Coast for the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations

The 2023 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Ivory Coast is highlighted by six unique stadiums, each with its own distinct characteristics and contributions to the country's sports infrastructure.

These six stadiums will play host to the finest players on the continent as they vie to become top dogs of Africa.

1. Alassane Ouattara Olympic Stadium
Location and Capacity: Situated in Abidjan, the Olympic Stadium of Ebimpe is a colossal structure with a capacity of 60,000.
Construction and Purpose: Built from 2016 to 2020, this stadium is a multipurpose venue, signifying a significant infrastructural development in Ivory Coast.

Facilities: It includes top-notch facilities like an athletic track, conference rooms, gyms, an auditorium, and VIP areas.

Economic and Cultural Impact: Post-tournament, it's expected to serve as a hub for various activities, boosting the local economy and will host the final of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

2. Felix Houphouet-Boigny Stadium

Location and Renovation: Also located in Abidjan, this stadium has a rich history dating back to 1952 and was renovated between 2021 and 2023.
Seating Capacity: Its capacity is expanded to 33,000.

Historical Significance: Named after the nation's first president, it's a heritage site and has been a part of AFCON history since 1984.
Versatility: Besides football, it accommodates athletics and other sporting events.

3. Stade de la Paix
Location and Capacity: This iconic stadium is in Bouake, with a capacity of 40,000.
Historical Moments: Built in 1983, it previously hosted AFCON in 1984 and is known for memorable football matches.
Renovations: The recent renovations have expanded its seating and added facilities like a media centre and conference spaces.
Modernization: There were upgrades aimed at modernising the venue for contemporary sports events.

4. Amadou Gon Coulibaly Stadium
Construction: Located in Korhogo, this is a newly constructed stadium with a 20,000 capacity.
Design and Features: It's designed as part of the AFCON 2023 legacy and includes a natural grass field, an athletics track, a media centre, and broadcasting facilities.
Regional Impact: The stadium is expected to be a significant addition to the sports infrastructure in the northern part of Ivory Coast.

5. Laurent Pokou Stadium
Location and Design: In San Pedro, this stadium stands as an architectural beauty and symbol of cultural richness.
Capacity: It can host 20,000 spectators and is known for its elegant design and state-of-the-art facilities.
Contribution to Region: It's poised to enhance the local economy and sports culture in the Poro region.

6. Charles Konan Banny Stadium
Location and Recent Development: Situated in Yamoussoukro, the capital city, this stadium is a new addition, reflecting the city's dynamic architectural landscape.

Facilities: With a 20,000 capacity, it includes features like an athletic track and comprehensive media facilities.
Post-Tournament Role: It's expected to contribute significantly to the city’s economic and cultural activities.

Each of these stadiums is not just a sports venue but a symbol of progress, culture, and economic development for the Ivory Coast. They stand testament to the country's commitment to enhancing its sports infrastructure and providing world-class facilities for major international events like AFCON.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/from-abidjan-to-korhogo-a-detailed-look-at-the-6-stadiums-hosting-afcon-2023-2024010818091166878

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by robosky02(m): 9:18pm On Jan 09
5.Laurent Pokou Stadium

6. Charles Konan Banny Stadium

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by robosky02(m): 9:21pm On Jan 09
Nigeria will be playing Equatorial Guinea starting on 14 Jan 2024 at the Stade Olympique Alassane Ouattara stadium, Abidjan city, Ivory Coast.

5 Likes

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by decatalyst(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09
Just six stadiums will host the Mundial.

🙂
Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by adesegun121(m): 9:44pm On Jan 09
Ok

1 Like

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by Sampalo: 9:45pm On Jan 09
Beautiful

2 Likes

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by yeman05(m): 9:45pm On Jan 09
And the super eagles lost 2 nil to Guinea in a friendly in Dubai earlier today. Thk God dstv will not cover the afcon. I won’t even bother myself to watch it any whr else

4 Likes

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by flexyrule(m): 9:45pm On Jan 09
Small Ivory Coast!

I swear Nigeria Na Akpamu!

Real Akamu!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by Siberia01(m): 9:46pm On Jan 09
cool

Good for ivory coast
I would love to tour the whole Africa

4 Likes

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by jubrilELsudan: 9:46pm On Jan 09
I HAVE TWO EXTRA TICKETS FOR ALL DA MATCHES

WILLING TO SPONSOR ANY 2 FINE GIRLS IN NIGERIA TO GO WITH ME FOR AN ALL EXPENSE PAID....NICE HOTEL ACCOMODATION...FOOD...DRINKS..TRIP IN EXCHANGE FOR FVCK

ANY 2 FINE GIRL IN NIGERIA WITH A NICE WARM MOIST SOFT KUKUNASE MUST HIT ME UP IF INTERESTED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by Vanpascore(m): 9:46pm On Jan 09
Good one from Ivory Coast, gradually, Africans will get there. Maintenance culture is what I pray they have because if this is to be in Naija, after the competition, na Fulani go inherit the facility.

8 Likes

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by sleekpro(m): 9:46pm On Jan 09
Niaja dey still learn, they should wake up infrastructure wise.

1 Like

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by jaeyking(m): 9:48pm On Jan 09
grin

1 Like

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by jamesversion: 9:48pm On Jan 09
President Houphet Boigny that year. As he died, Ivory Coast entered into a decline and serious political crises.

Those days of BBC focus on Africa. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by inoki247: 9:49pm On Jan 09
Ok mak dem go Turn our Super Eagles Player to Ball Boy because they don't AV anything to offer....

2 Likes

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by Sleekfingers: 9:50pm On Jan 09
Nigeria is a disgrace to the entire black race.....

13 Likes

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by Damolux01(m): 9:52pm On Jan 09
Any package for those that want to go there as fanatics or those willing to watch the matches over there? This could be more of a vacation for some of us.
Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by slim75d(m): 9:52pm On Jan 09
Chai see common ivory coast wey specialize in producing bleaching cream fit build standard stadiums

Self acclaimed giant of Africa do joint bid with Benin Republic

8 Likes

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by Skoolextra: 9:55pm On Jan 09
[quote author=decatalyst post=127863832]Just six stadiums will host the Mundial.

Is it not enough
Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by NFBI: 9:57pm On Jan 09
I see super chicken carrying the cup
Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by RECTEM: 9:58pm On Jan 09
h
Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:12pm On Jan 09
Ok
Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by spy24(m): 10:24pm On Jan 09
This stadiums are class

I've seen the videos online

Senegal and ivory coast are so underated

9ja and Ghana just dey run mouth

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by Melagros(m): 10:25pm On Jan 09
flexyrule:
Small Ivory Coast!

Real Akamu!
My brother, real one, real akamu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by viodemus: 10:36pm On Jan 09
flexyrule:
Small Ivory Coast!

Real Akamu!

No be small thing, You just talk as I feel am. Empty vessel at that.

5 Likes

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:02pm On Jan 09
jubrilELsudan:

WILLING TO SPONSOR ANY 2 FINE GIRLS IN NIGERIA TO GO WITH ME FOR AN ALL EXPENSE PAID....NICE HOTEL ACCOMODATION...FOOD...DRINKS..TRIP IN EXCHANGE FOR FVCK

ANY 2 FINE GIRL IN NIGERIA WITH A NICE WARM MOIST SOFT KUKUNASE MUST HIT ME UP IF INTERESTED
The year is just starting, give peace a chance !

1 Like

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by ask4bk(m): 11:08pm On Jan 09
À pity football tourists there

Go slow will finish them.
I've lived in Abidjan for long and their go slow is too much in there.
The road to Ebimpe stadium is narrow and will take hours of go slow to get there

1 Like

Re: From Abidjan To Korhogo: A Detailed Look At The 6 Stadiums Hosting AFCON 2023 by Princezibk: 11:09pm On Jan 09
jubrilELsudan:

are you a lesbo??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football / Osimhen Scores As Napoli Beat Cagliari To Top Serie A / Divine Oduduru Disqualified From IAAF World Championships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.