Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job (16654 Views)

Is It Better To Quit Or Continue With This Job? / Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? / How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by Badgers14: 2:17pm On Jan 10
dominique:
Since both husband and wife have their means of livelihood centred around CMS area, they should consider getting an apartment around Obalende, Yaba/Oyingbo or even Iyana Oworo axis. They can rent out their house in Ikorodu or keep it locked and be visiting from time to time. This is the worst of times to be unemployed in this country.
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by Error401: 2:18pm On Jan 10
She will regret it for the rest of her life. I have seen someone who resigned because of an SS child. The child eventually died, she only shared the story with my aunt because she just retired and they were at same grade level then. I was eavesdropping while they reminisce on their past. I could deduce she was filled with regrets. My aunt only reminded her that she told her not to resign about 20 years ago. Those children will blame her in years to come.

Iamjobless:
Pls pardon all errors.

I will try and keep this short, I have an aunty who works with one of the FG parastatals but she is contemplating on resigning. Reasons being:
1) the transport fare takes more than 50% of her monthly earnings as the distance between her house and workplace is far (ikorodu to CMS)
2) due to the distance she does not have the time to take care of her children as she has to leave very early and return late at night.

Ever since she told me, I tried to convince her to just hold on as i strongly believe that the minimum payment will be reviewed soon which will address the issue of salary but she stated that my solution does not address the other challenge of negligence of children.

Please i need advice on what she can do to get to work faster amd return home faster

Also, the husband is a business man that owns a business in the CMS area, I will be in the comments.

1 Like

Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by okerekingsley90: 2:20pm On Jan 10
grin grin grin very funny !!!!!!

quote author=eteebanky1 post=127868668]

The way I insult my girlfriend knows no bound [/quote]
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by SonofGod231: 2:20pm On Jan 10
If her husband is okay with it then why are you on the matter?!

1 Like

Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by Chisave: 2:21pm On Jan 10
Pauladex:
if she resign, in few years she would wish she never did. Even those children will insult her for doing that. By the time her colleagues get to the pick of their carrier she won't be able to stand with them. Businesses are crumbling in this economy. Let her hold on, see the new minimum wage. Put Children in school where they stay till 4.oclok. By 4 everyone comes home. No federal workers pass 4 in office on normal level. To get federal job now is once in life time opportunity except she is sure of a fantastic business idea and money dey to carry on with it which I doubt. Her husband will encourage her to resign but if anything happens to the man, her suffering go thick like old jeans.

H
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by ekelebeXstunner: 2:22pm On Jan 10
Guy, face your life. Find a job for your own self.
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by otokx(m): 2:22pm On Jan 10
what of the Lagos trains?
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by tundebasic(m): 2:27pm On Jan 10
Your aunt plans to resign when labour is working with the government (FG) to increase salaries?
1. She can wait to see what labour works with the government before considering resigning.
2. She should check out if she can get accommodation close to her place of work.
3. She needs to make a plan with her husband on the best way to solve the accommodation problem.

1 Like

Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by Skillsnigeria: 2:27pm On Jan 10
Hmmm
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by chemicalwasiu(m): 2:27pm On Jan 10
Iamjobless:
Pls pardon all errors.

I will try and keep this short, I have an aunty who works with one of the FG parastatals but she is contemplating on resigning. Reasons being:
1) the transport fare takes more than 50% of her monthly earnings as the distance between her house and workplace is far (ikorodu to CMS)
2) due to the distance she does not have the time to take care of her children as she has to leave very early and return late at night.

Ever since she told me, I tried to convince her to just hold on as i strongly believe that the minimum payment will be reviewed soon which will address the issue of salary but she stated that my solution does not address the other challenge of negligence of children.

Please i need advice on what she can do to get to work faster amd return home faster

Also, the husband is a business man that owns a business in the CMS area, I will be in the comments.

She works in CMS, her husband does his business around CMS, them the should move closer to CMS now. Tell her if she resigns without a good plan she will regret after 1-2months of sitting at home.
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by delishpot: 2:28pm On Jan 10
Ehn, since her work is at CMS and hubby's business is at CMS, they should Put kids in a school near the hubby's business at CMS. When they close, hubby or she can go pick them and drop them with their dad. After work she meet up with hubby and kids , they return home together

2 Likes

Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by JayPeeOham: 2:28pm On Jan 10
Iamjobless:
Pls pardon all errors.

You are only scared of your aunt quitting her job because YouareJobless
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by spiralwedge(m): 2:29pm On Jan 10
Iamjobless:
Pls pardon all errors.

They should relocate to Ajah area or Igbon Efon where accommodation is cheaper.

They should look for a temporary accommodation Mon-Fri and go home to Ikorodu if that is their house. And find a family member to take the kids to school.

OR

if the house in Ikorodu is theirs, they can rent everything out and rent a smaller place close to CMS such as Ajah, Ebute Metta, Iwaya, Oworonshoki etc. They can easily have time for the kids as there are good schools in these areas.

She should not quit her job
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by ecolime(m): 2:32pm On Jan 10
Amotekun777:
Why do most pple come on here and be seeking advices on someone else's behalf? 🤬

My friend this, that, my aunt this, that... blah, blah, blah.🤬

What's it gonna cost y'all to just admit, you're the actual party involved, and STOP hiding under a guise.

Your useless aunt can lose her job for all we care. 🤬
Thrash
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by LockDown69(m): 2:34pm On Jan 10
Some jobs are just modern slavery I swear. angry
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by lanre9ja(m): 2:34pm On Jan 10
From ikorodu to CMS is #500 vie BRT
I don't know her earnings and expenses but my advice that she should hold on cuz to get work no easy unless she get alternative.
I hope the salary increment takes effect soonest
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by smyo(m): 2:35pm On Jan 10
Relocation is the answer
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by Emma09(m): 2:37pm On Jan 10
Mushin to CMS is max #600. Though, houses are very expensive in those areas, let her get an apartment maybe a room and parlour or self contained at Mushin, Fadeyi, Onipanu side. These places mentioned are very close to the Island. Make she nor try resign from her Government Job ooooooo. I know what I am saying.
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by LockDown69(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10
eteebanky1:

The way I insult my girlfriend knows no bound
Potential wife beater spotted. #SayNoToDomesticViolence grin
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by BloomingDale(f): 2:43pm On Jan 10
Iamjobless:
Pls pardon all errors.

1 Like

Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by Blackfire(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10
post=127874168:

Na u wan review am

You no believe this govt again.... suya griller abi na vulture griller you be ?
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by TechCapon(m): 2:45pm On Jan 10
Nicepoker:
Which minimum pay will be reviewed. Its like you don't understand Nigeria.
Lol, you took the word out of my mouth grin
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by skj1377(m): 2:49pm On Jan 10
They should look for a house close to cms
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by obonujoker(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10
Go and rent a place at Iyana oworo or Berger area of Oworo....

1 Like

Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by LeeSmart: 2:53pm On Jan 10
U for remind ur aunty the current state of our labour market oo, this one wey she wan leave her current job due to distance so.
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by translux(m): 2:59pm On Jan 10
I lived in Ikorodu too and I am working in Lekki Phase 1, I rented a small room in Jakande where I stayed from Monday to Friday, I don't return to Ikorodu on Fridays because of traffic and very early on Saturdays I Don Vaamooz.
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by DrAda(f): 2:59pm On Jan 10
Iamjobless:
Pls pardon all errors.

I understand her perfectly. Quitting may be her best option
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by NoToPile: 2:59pm On Jan 10
Make she no try am ooo.

Govt job at that, that's how people are roughing it she will be fine. Lots of people do ikorodu to CMS in private jobs where they resume 8am and they are fine, I am sure she can resume by 10am and all will still be well she might be able to take permission to leave before 4 some days.

Or they should rent a face me I face you at ebute Metta jibowu onipan, if the ikorodu house is theirs put the children in an affordable school in that area and go home during weekends.

Or find a trusted solid after school care service for the children, depending on age they will bathe them feed them, they just come home and sleep when you get back.

Let her hold that job tight ooo, everything will balance out, child care is always the dilemma of every working mother so I understand her perfectly but this Naija we dey so hmmm....
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by translux(m): 3:01pm On Jan 10
She can relocate with the children too. Then no tie her placental to Ikorodu naa.
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by Shikena(m): 3:03pm On Jan 10
Ha, I remember some people that resigned during those sad and hard Abacha years and a few years later things just changed suddenly with Abubakar's bumper payments across board then followed by the new democracy with OBJ's government. They regretted it big time.

Good times always follow the hard times but may not touch everybody. Your positioning is what matters. Good times are coming in Nigeria, no matter what the naysayers say, it is inevitable.
Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by incogni2o: 3:05pm On Jan 10
Iamjobless:
Pls pardon all errors.

Your Aunt is Right Thinking.

In a society where everyone has gone insane, The right thinking is judged as insane.

Do you know what it means to take care of Children? every year a child lives can't be relived. Motherly care , attention and nuture is something the current world has thrown aback, Time and attentive care given to children can never be regretted if done correctly.

I bet you in whatever decision she eventually takes, If she doesn't fix the guilt she has now, It's something she'll eventually continue having for the rest of Her Life.

I'll advice, she takes some time to prepare for her relocation to a closer peaceful and quiet place with the children, If IKORODU is the most suitable and sane place for Her to live, then let her plan properly for a business that she can do that'll give her what she takes home after tfare.

I guess She lives in Her House.Then things are easier that way.

Prayer is also crutial before she takes any leap. May God work things out for Her good.

One of the many crossroads we get to in Life and need God to intervene.

1 Like

Re: My Aunty Wants To Quit Her Job by charleoj(m): 3:14pm On Jan 10
Let them seek accommodation in a much central area like Yaba, Mushin, Surulere etc. it will save cost of transportation and time. The only issue here could be the difference in rent between ikorodu and any other central area

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

774000 FG Job Payment Of Stipend / What Are The Best Remote Career Options For Graduates? / Firstbank Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.