Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,023 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. (15586 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Nairalandforme: 12:53am On Jan 10
Please,I dont know if this is the right section to post this; your advice is really needed from our guys who stays in the US.

I am considering learning a skill before going for an MSc in the US in 6-months time. I would like to go for Truck driving because my dad drives one and I know he will expose and teach me well, faster and with all his heart. He has been on it right since my birth (over 30 years) here in Naija, He has drove for many companies including don.gote, tetr.alog, and the likes. I learnt it is not easy to get a job that can sponsor a work visa to remain in the US after ones study, so if I learn this from him, maybe I could and get certified, I can get a company that can sponsor a work visa easily why eyeing my dream job. I need an advice on this if it will worth it .

Pls, I need a sincere advice from our brothers over there.
Mod pls help me move this to front page Abeggg!!!

13 Likes

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:59am On Jan 10
Truck driving is good but it's not what will keep you after studies.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by ednut1(m): 1:50am On Jan 10
Nairalandforme:
Please,I dont know if this is the right section to post this; your advice is really needed from our guys who stays in the US.

I am considering learning a skill before going for an MSc in the US in 6-months time. I would like to go for Truck driving because my dad drives one and I know he will expose and teach me well, faster and with all his heart. He has been on it right since my birth (over 30 years) here in Naija, He has drove for many companies including don.gote, tetr.alog, and the likes. I learnt it is not easy to get a job that can sponsor a work visa to remain in the US after ones study, so if I learn this from him, maybe I could and get certified, I can get a company that can sponsor a work visa easily why eyeing my dream job. I need an advice on this if it will worth it .

even guys with good careers that went to USA for MBA. They have all married African Americans or about to marry one after graduation. 🤣
Learning Truck driving in Nigeria is a waste of time as its not even recognized , our standards here are not up to theirs and you have no actual work experience too.

11 Likes

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Gerrard59(m): 3:19am On Jan 10
Nairalandforme:

It is good you know it is not easy to remain after studies in the US. That said, no company will issue you a work visa based on truck driving. Your best aim is to marry an American, most likely an African American, so you can obtain Green Card status (permanent residency). Also, authorities don't recognise certain skills certifications obtained from certain developing countries. If that were possible, the US would have listed Nigeria alongside South Africa in visa classes for certain jobs.

ednut1:
even guys with good careers that went to USA for MBA. They have all married African Americans or about to marry one after graduation. 🤣
Learning Truck driving in Nigeria is a waste of time as its not even recognized there as our standards here are not up to theirs and you have no actual work experience too.

I checked Reddit/MBA, the labour market is dealing with foreigners really bad. Indians don hear am after collecting hooge loans. That is the advantage our people, especially men, have: there is an existing black population to mingle with and marry. Like this now, if I want to school in the US, I would target Atlanta where rumours have it that black women are in dire need of single and heterosexual black men to date and marry.

Green card in the bag grin grin

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:38am On Jan 10
Gerrard59:

It is good you know it is not easy to remain after studies in the US. That said, no company will issue you a work visa based on truck driving. Your best aim is to marry an American, most likely an African American, so you can obtain Green Card status (permanent residency). Also, authorities don't recognise certain skills certifications obtained from certain developing countries. If that were possible, the US would have listed Nigeria alongside South Africa in visa classes for certain jobs.

I checked Reddit/MBA, the labour market is dealing with foreigners really bad. Indians don hear am after collecting hooge loans. That is the advantage our people, especially men, have: there is an existing black population to mingle with and marry. Like this now, if I want to school in the US, I would target Atlanta where rumours have it that black women are in dire need of single and heterosexual black men to date and marry.

Op is better off learning how to Bleep, get a six pack and learning to toast women than to learn truck driving grin grin grin

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Necrophagia: 3:39am On Jan 10
Na WA
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by ednut1(m): 3:41am On Jan 10
Gerrard59:

The indians too can also find babes to marry but many of them already have arranged wives back home. This japa waka ehn e no easy. Imagine taking loans to go study and the economy tanks after you land.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by LooneyLester: 3:50am On Jan 10
Just day where you day

US don full , they don't need more truck drivers

If you be Igbo bobo , enter Asia or eastern yurop

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Gerrard59(m): 3:51am On Jan 10
ednut1:
The indians too can also find babes to marry but many of them already have arranged wives back home. This japa waka ehn e no easy. Imagine taking loans to go study and the economy tanks after you land.

They find it harder just as our men do with second-generation Nigerian-American women. Which is why our men target AA women. Indians don't enjoy that privilege. Our women in the US would be more sceptical about a Nigerian immigrant than an AA women. Also, it is a game of numbers. Omo, I gats visit Atlanta o grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Gerrard59(m): 3:53am On Jan 10
tensazangetsu20:

Op is better off learning how to Bleep, get a six pack and learning to toast women than to learn truck driving grin grin grin

OP, please take this advice, and make sure you find yourself in Atlanta. It is very important. With the growing number of AA men (handsome men o) becoming homosexuals, African men are in hot demand.

Dont say I didn't help you o

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by LooneyLester: 4:31am On Jan 10
tensazangetsu20:

American women are too feminist and not submissive

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by peleson1: 8:54am On Jan 10
What about those cross border immigrants that are getting Temporary Protected Statues?
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Karleb(m): 9:21am On Jan 10
peleson1:
What about those cross border immigrants that are getting Temporary Protected Statues?

The problem is how to get there.

If to say Nigeria dey south America, no all of us go queue for border, enter and make sure democrats stay in power till the end of time.

The big problem is how to get to Mexico or Canada.

9 Likes

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by adesegun121(m): 12:21pm On Jan 10
Ok
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Femich18(m): 12:22pm On Jan 10
Do what is best for you. Learn it. No knowledge is a waste.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by AdvaatOnline: 12:23pm On Jan 10
Check our signature if you're looking for a loan!
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by rottenPussy: 12:24pm On Jan 10
Just learn Gigolo skills, you will be fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Storyoflove: 12:25pm On Jan 10
THE RIGHT SKILL
IT
IT
IT
IT

2 Likes

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Iamdj(m): 12:25pm On Jan 10
My Advise to you: Try and learn some couple of software skills depending on your interest. This will aid your internship. Python, R, SQL etc.

4 Likes

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by GboyegaD(m): 12:26pm On Jan 10
There are many ways to stay back in the US besides marriage. In terms of what skills to learn, I will leave that to your passion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by FitCorper: 12:27pm On Jan 10
grin
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by kunle75(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10
Nairalandforme:

Bro CDL license for semi trucks driving here isn't easy to get ooo but learning from your dad will help a great deal if that's what you want to do.
However, weather,state border regulations and different laws here for trucking can be very cumbersome but not impossible to get around.

Just do your findings in other to make an informed decision.

3 Likes

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by IboHausaYoruba: 12:29pm On Jan 10
Hmmn
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Schrodinger2(m): 12:30pm On Jan 10
Talking from experience, I'd advise you to learn any academic skill, such as the use of softwares, tools or coding related to your program. It will help you during and after your study in getting a job.

4 Likes

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Skillsnigeria: 12:30pm On Jan 10
Hmmm
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by rapcy(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10
Learn plumbing in addition to it, also try and get a digital skill which you're sure you have passion for
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by mobilemykel: 12:31pm On Jan 10
Learn Forex trading. It’s a skillset . Should take you about 3 months, if you are a fast learner and when you get the US you can take money from your job and fund your account to trade

1 Like

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Kobicove(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10
I'm not sure having truck driving skill is enough to guarantee you a green card cos it's not something special or rare undecided

If you want to guarantee your stay then I think you need a skill which is rare and very difficult to replace!
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by noskcid(m): 12:32pm On Jan 10
Things are happening
No place is easy to dwell
I am looking forward to a city whose builder and maker is God Almighty.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Kobicove(m): 12:33pm On Jan 10
mobilemykel:
Learn Forex trading. It’s a skillset . Should take you about 3 months, if you are a fast learner and when you get the US you can take money from your job and fund your account to trade

If he learns forex trading and is able to trade profitably then I see no point in him relocating to another country

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu's First Nation Airline Begins Operation / The travel scam called "World Passport". Have you been a victim? / Here Are The 10 Best African Airlines (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.