Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. (15621 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by obaidan: 8:36pm On Jan 10
GboyegaD:

Fact still remains that some organizations sponsor International Students for H1B. I think what you can say with respect to the employers' market will be the fact that most do not pay so great which unfortunately, is the trade off one has to go through.
A lot of People on H1B still looking out for who to get married to. H1B is tricky, ur organization sponsors you, then u enter a lottery pool. You live in a constant state of uncertainty, ur visa and stay in the country is conditioned on being with that your organization. With massive random layoff these days, H1B is an unstable route, still a very good one though.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by hammed71(m): 8:42pm On Jan 10
Bro enter Europe (EU) or Canada no go dey stress yourself. I wonder why Indians still go to the USA despite the green card backlog of more than 10years, so now as an Indian now if I get to the USA now it will take me 10years to get a green card after that 5years to get citizenship making 15 years Kai, but the Indians have been trying to pass a bill sha in the Congress so as to share the backlog equally to the rest of the world hope you know what happens if that bill passes lol, tiyin ba yin niyen lol
You better carry your load enter Europe or Canada
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by hammed71(m): 8:45pm On Jan 10
Infact I know a popular YouTuber parth vijayvargiya e never collect green card since he enter for him MSc since 2017
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Albertone(m): 9:02pm On Jan 10
obaidan:

But like others have adviced you, you are actually better off sharpening your interaction skills with women, learning to open up and be receptive to women of different culture because marriage is the surest. The earlier you get your green card the better, because it's after you get your green card you can start living your American dreams properly. You begin to use government and financial services support to conquer and expand.

Having kids with whom you're still going to divorce might be daunting.
Or is there a way the man can secretly prevent pregnancy for her?
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by obaidan: 9:14pm On Jan 10
Satazaa:
beg to disagree with you bro, Countries like Australia and the Scandinavian countries are way better than the US
Well it depends on what the individual is looking for or what gives makes them fulfilled. I totally agree with you those 2 places are great in their own ways, but based on what I personally want, US gives me a better chance.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by obaidan: 9:28pm On Jan 10
Albertone:

Having kids with whom you're still going to divorce might be daunting.
Or is there a way the man can secretly prevent pregnancy for her?
your fear is a very very valid one, u are smart
this life ehn, to get anything worthwhile u most likely will pay a price. Its now left for you on this journey to decide what price you want to pay, and sincerely that is a personal decision. Personally I would not want to have kids with someone I would divorce, especially in the US where child support is crazy(its beyond money).
If you are not married, why not hold on/out for someone you really like and can build a family/home with. ANd if you are married already, just maybe there are other PRICES u can pay to get what you desire.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by studyless123: 9:35pm On Jan 10
GboyegaD:
There are many ways to stay back in the US besides marriage. In terms of what skills to learn, I will leave that to your passion.

The OP created the thread for cruise. He didn't state his course of study but interested in truck driving that is not considered a skilled trade by the SSA. Interestingly the thread have be whipped by the marital residency route. Only unserious students will obtain GC by marriage when I can sit in the comfort of my home in Port Harcourt and obtain same GC.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by studyless123: 10:03pm On Jan 10
Gerrard59:

The end justifies the means. I would do the same if I were in the US. The legal authorisation to work is extremely important in the life of an immigrant.

The end can never be predicted especially where there are serious consequences for some actions.

Gerrard59:

Unfortunately, in an employers' market, international students are not favoured by firms as there are countless qualified people who have work authorisation. Also, the timeline to file for H1B is almost nine months after employment. Most startingly are the chances. Prior to COVID, it was 2/3, but now 1/3 and going down. Let's not forget that this is a visa class with 85000 visas for almost one million applicants. Out of which 65000 is for BSc holders. It is for that very reason we have more Nigerian students (first generation) studying at Canadian universities than US' universities. Ten years ago, the US was the top. Not anymore again.

It doesn't make sense that anyone going to the US for study will be thinking of getting married for the sake of papers while there are other options. Your papers can be revoked for that and unfortunately some have learned the hard way.

It's true that H1B is more competitive and that's expected. It's also a lottery but not a pure lottery as many think.
There's prepossessing before the lottery process.
There's verification, elimination and validation process and even rejection.
Many applications are multiple entries, bogus and inconsistent with the regulations.
USCIS is now trying to create a better experience. The sponsoring company is also important.

With that aside any serious student that want to stay can start preparing from day 1.
I don't see why a serious student can't achieve a GPA of >3.5
A high GPA shows that you're diligent, interested in your coursework, and have a solid work ethic.
Employers use some of these filters for selection of candidates.

Students should research and look at professions in demand.

Right now there's a dearth of workers in the semiconductor industry. That's why the
Economic Innovation Group (EIG) is proposing a new semiconductor visa, called the Chipmaker's Visa. It's meant to give out 10k visas a year but still a proposal. The point is with the right information and mindset you can get what you want and some are achieving that.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Gerrard59(m): 11:38pm On Jan 10
studyless123:

It doesn't make sense that anyone going to the US for study will be thinking of getting married for the sake of papers while there are other options. Your papers can be revoked for that and unfortunately some have learned the hard way.

It's true that H1B is more competitive and that's expected. It's also a lottery but not a pure lottery as many think.
There's prepossessing before the lottery process.
There's verification, elimination and validation process and even rejection.
Many applications are multiple entries, bogus and inconsistent with the regulations.
USCIS is now trying to create a better experience. The sponsoring company is also important.

The snag isn''t even sponsoring, but the job filters away international applicants when they get to the "do you need sponsorship?" question part. So, one gets declined even before an actual interview.

With that aside any serious student that want to stay can start preparing from day 1.
I don't see why a serious student can't achieve a GPA of >3.5
A high GPA shows that you're diligent, interested in your coursework, and have a solid work ethic.
Employers use some of these filters for selection of candidates.

Do American companies look at grades and transcripts like their counterparts do elsewhere?

Students should research and look at professions in demand.

Right now there's a dearth of workers in the semiconductor industry. That's why the
Economic Innovation Group (EIG) is proposing a new semiconductor visa, called the Chipmaker's Visa. It's meant to give out 10k visas a year but still a proposal.
The point is with the right information and mindset you can get what you want and some are achieving that.

Nice initiative, but it would not succeed. The original immigration law and restrictions are embedded in nativistism. Dole out 10K visas because of the semiconductor industry will see Indians and Chinese overflood the system. The same Chinese American lawmakers are fighting everyday. Just like Germany said it will accept 250K work visas to Kenyans; till now, nothing comot. The same Germany passed dual nationality amendment and reduced the years to naturalise, only for some people to sue the process and have it suspended.

Nonetheless, I do agree that it is a good field to pursue as there would be more interested employers. Most of the best engineering grads in the US don pivot go consulting and finance industries.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by steeltrust: 11:39pm On Jan 10
Yes, op is right !
But I prefer you learn trade cause it pays more here than even RN or some tech jobs
I’m in truck driving but I want to switch to either plumbing or electrical linesman
My reason for switching is truck driving pays good but you have to drive long hours and away from your family I sense it that my wife is kinda of not happy with it when I’m far away for a month and only spend maybe 5-10 days at most

Go to trade
You get advance certs in 4months
Then join union who will hook you up as an apprentice. Mind you it easy to join and you get paid 21$ an hour every 6months your pay goes up like 24,31,44 and 50$ an hour
For an experience trades man earn 60-63$ an hour

Sometimes everything no be all about Bsc or MSc
Trade could be an easy rout for you just like me

And for you planning to japa
Trade school or colleges are easy to get admission and their tuition re cheap unlike universities
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by uvie66: 11:41pm On Jan 10
Gerrard59:

That is entirely untrue! Why do we lie too much? Here is a link to approved countries for truck driving in the US: https://americanvisas.net/visas/non-immigrant-visas/h-2b-visa-program/; https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-workers/h-2b-temporary-non-agricultural-workers

Did you see Nigeria listed? If our truck driving is the same, why are we not listed? Why is Madagascar listed, but not us? In fact, in one of the links, drivers who don't obtain their licenses in either Mexico or Canada MUST do so in the United States.

Please, this is not 2004 where people talk anyhow.
if you learn the skills here in Nigeria, it will be easier to pick the license when you get to the US,
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by otipoju(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10
Gerrard59:

This is true, and applies to both genders. Sex is good, refreshing and soothing to the soul. But more so for women since they are demisexual.

But if that is the case, why are they gloomy?

True, especially the native AA women out-number them. But does this apply to second generation African migrants, since they were bred in the US just as AA women?

Well, I am not surprised as women are hypergamous. At the bold, is it that terrible? They mock Nigerian accent? embarassed For an English speaking country, it is quite absurd, and more so for your native country's men. Provided the words are pronounced lucidly and fluently, why the animosity?

Well, a growing number of Nigerian young ladies now say cooking is slavery, at least on social media sha. Washing machine should handle clothes, though.

Chineke nna knew when he told me to get naturalisation on my merit than otherwise. I knew it!

Are they not interested in changing or do they plan to be spinsters for life or kpata kpata become lesbians? What are their replies when you lampoon them? Sha, no dey too harsh embarassed The concept of marriage has changed in recent years.

They are always in competition with themselves over everything. A guy with a heavy Nigerian accent is not " worthy of bragging about" as the accent is clear evidence he just came and trying to find his feet and not established yet.

Bro a good number of those girls are closet lesbians . The matter really weak me with the things i have seen. I know one boy whose wife is a bisexual. The Girl Papa na Pastor and her girlfriend attended the same church before they married.

I had to tell her calmly that I know they sleep together and that they should reduce it as she is about to marry.

America don clear my eyes completely. Naija women no be am at all.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by uvie66: 11:49pm On Jan 10
ednut1:
i read your old posts and saw that you are an old man. I for insult you. When uk was having truck drivers shortages in 2021 did they take any truck driver from Nigeria the way they took nurses and doctors Cho cho cho respect your age and dont come here to say nonsense. I have lived in UK and Canada and have never seen where a Nigerian truck driver was hired to come work there. Eastern European truck drivers and South Africans are the ones being hired globally. Nigerian truck driving industry is not rated or recognized.
insult your papa and mama as long you want na you get your mouth, what i am saying is if he have the skill already in Nigeria it won't take long to convert if you are in the UK or US, as if your father not is an old Man and i believe that in 2024 you got one year younger, Morraf@&$er

1 Like

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Xtraterestial: 12:01am On Jan 11
mobilemykel:
Learn Forex trading. It’s a skillset . Should take you about 3 months, if you are a fast learner and when you get the US you can take money from your job and fund your account to trade

You mean Forex scamming, ppl that makes money on Forex is only aboki, that the real Forex.

1 Like

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Gerrard59(m): 12:05am On Jan 11
otipoju:

They are always in competition with themselves over everything. A guy with a heavy Nigerian accent is not " worthy of bragging about" as the accent is clear evidence he just came and trying to find his feet and not established yet.

Bro a good number of those girls are closet lesbians . The matter really weak me with the things i have seen. I know one boy whose wife is a bisexual. The Girl Papa na Pastor and her girlfriend attended the same church before they married.

I had to tell her calmly that I know they sleep together and that they should reduce it as she is about to marry.

America don clear my eyes completely. Naija women no be am at all.

Interesting tales. It is good to know this even though na ancetodal.

Good luck to everyone!
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Xtraterestial: 12:12am On Jan 11
Best you get your license for Uber, some studies are doing Uber or delivery work during or after studies until they get green card. If you want truck driving,you'll have to learn truck driving there our standard isn't good enough and it'll interfere with your studies. Or you find one fat oyinbo mama to marry like my friend, she bullied him but at least he got green card at the end.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by luminouz(m): 12:49am On Jan 11
Gerrard59:

This is for immigration purposes. The end justifies the means. You are in Ibadan, what do you know about immigration? grin Ednut clearly mentioned that top guys with stellar careers from good MBA schools are going the marriage route because the H1B chances have worsened after COVID (check the stats online). What should they do, return to Nigeria to shine teeth with Tinubu? Become illegal immigrants? They need authorisation to work. What quicker alternatives do you have aside marriage?
You know nothing Snow. Get there and learn!

So you think I'm in Ibadan?🤣🤣🤣
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by akigbemaru: 1:19am On Jan 11
obaidan:

It depends on what exactly you are trying to study. See these days, even the IT industry is slowly becoming uneasy to break into for new comers. People with green card and US passports are taking up multiple jobs now doing 2 to 3 jobs remotely. Employers also do not want to go through the stress of filing for people when there are numerous skilled people applying for the same job and they do not have to file for those ones. For better chances of staying back, u are better off studying health related course(nursing in particular) or IT. And for IT you will be better off mastering a skill, not just having the degree. Also know that the 3 years postgraduate IT work permit you get after graduation is 1 year + an extension of 2 years which is conditioned on you fulfilling some funny conditions for the the first 1 year. Conditions like getting a job(related to your field) not later than 90 days after your permit is approved( know that u also have 60 days to stay in the US after graduation without a work permit). Another condition is that during that one year period, you can't stay jobless for more than 3 months cummulatively. All these conditions may be d reason u will still see lots of people with good jobs n degree still opting for the marriage route.

And yes phD gives you sufficient time to plan your next move, also helps you build your profile so you can explore applying for green card via a route called NIW/EB2. If you decide for phD, try to write n publish at least one paper.

But like others have adviced you, you are actually better off sharpening your interaction skills with women, learning to open up and be receptive to women of different culture because marriage is the surest. The earlier you get your green card the better, because it's after you get your green card you can start living your American dreams properly. You begin to use government and financial services support to conquer and expand.

You are right! I had CCNA with Cisco in 2020 and I could not land any job despite scoring high on the test. They are all looking for experienced and just straight out of college kids. America is very hard and tough without papers. Marriage is by luck too. If you get 2-year conditional green card and your spouse refused to co-sign for the removal, you are done!

1 Like

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:29am On Jan 11
akigbemaru:

You are right! I had CCNA with Cisco in 2020 and I could not land any job despite scoring high on the test. They are all looking for experienced and just straight out of college kids. America is very hard and tough without papers. Marriage is by luck too. If you get 2-year conditional green card and your spouse refused to co-sign for the removal, you are done!

This is the reason I have told people especially people who are interested in tech to start from Nigeria and start learning and honing your skills. Once you leave the country it's very tough, honestly its almost impossible especially if you don't have a strong support from Nigeria financially.

1 Like

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by akigbemaru: 2:11am On Jan 11
obaidan:

Exactly Reddit and Quora will show you what immigrants really go through. It's not for the faint hearted. But I still consider US the top destination for anyone with tall dreams. If that person is willing to uphold excellence as a value. If you are shining light, somehow you will be found in the US. Just keep doing your thing and be d best at it.

You are very correct, not for the faint hearted! I have been living in US for 17 years and cannot even have a family because of no green card.
I studied everything in US and no good job.
I came to study Physics and when I got to US, the Nigerians here told me to switch to Engineering or Business. I have been an excellent science student all my life and I don't see business on my mind unless I have the capital. I switched to Electrical Engineering. I graduated with a high GPA. I could not get a job because I did not do summer internship in any Engineering or science firms. I almost got into 2 internships but NSF (National Science Foundation) kicked me out because they are for US citizens. I took MCAT trying to get into medical school and with F-1 status, I could not get funds from the support groups or Student Loans. I got my conditional green card and went back to university to get a PhD in Engineering but graduated with a Master Degree thinking I can land a good job. I supposed to be working for Duke energy or Southern Power companies but not a citizen and by federal law, I cannot be hired. It is a very serious matter. I work on yearly extension work authorization pending for Immigration court case since 2016. America is very tough but has been so easy for many and harder for others and the reason you cannot convince people not to come to America. There is plenty of money in America for menial jobs. Correction officers, Police, Truck drivers, Uber drivers make $100K yearly with easy. I worked at Amazon before getting fired for a menial job clearing jams off conveyors and I made $74K that year with all the Overtimes. I want to come back home but not now because I have not saved enough to start business.

1 Like

Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:23am On Jan 11
akigbemaru:

You are very correct, not for the faint hearted! I have been living in US for 17 years and cannot even have a family because of no green card.
I studied everything in US and no good job.
I came to study Physics and when I got to US, the Nigerians here told me to switch to Engineering or Business. I have been an excellent science student all my life and I don't see business on my mind unless I have the capital. I switched to Electrical Engineering. I graduated with a high GPA. I could not get a job because I did not do summer internship in any Engineering or science firms. I almost got into 2 internships but NSF (National Science Foundation) kicked me out because they are for US citizens. I took MCAT trying to get into medical school and with F-1 status, I could not get funds from the support groups or Student Loans. I got my conditional green card and went back to university to get a PhD in Engineering but graduated with a Master Degree thinking I can land a good job. I supposed to be working for Duke energy or Southern Power companies but not a citizen and by federal law, I cannot be hired. It is a very serious matter. I work on yearly extension work authorization pending for Immigration court case since 2016. America is very tough but has been so easy for many and harder for others and the reason you cannot convince people not to come to America. There is plenty of money in America for menial jobs. Correction officers, Police, Truck drivers, Uber drivers make $100K yearly with easy. I worked at Amazon before getting fired for a menial job clearing jams off conveyors and I made $74K that year with all the Overtimes. I want to come back home but not now because I have not saved enough to start business.

Why can't you bring your family? Were you married in Nigeria before you left? Also what stops you from marrying an American. I know people say theres feminism and stuff but I have met really strong american christian women where I live that have influenced my life positively. I am sure theres millions of this such women in the US.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Bonton: 6:12am On Jan 11
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Bonton: 6:13am On Jan 11
tensazangetsu20:
Truck driving is good but it's not what will keep you after studies.
Actually, it's not accurate. In the USA, truck drivers can earn over $70,000 annually, surpassing the income of numerous professional white-collar positions that a BSc degree might secure for you.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by 007Marvel(m): 8:06am On Jan 11
My honest advice would be that you move to Montgomery Alabama, go to parties, social gatherings and don't be shy or afraid to initiate a conversation, 4 out of 10 black American woman is single and ready to mingle and I bet you'll find a woman that will house you while you find a reasonable job. The only place you can get a decent paying truck driving job is Alaska and I can tell you that you'll not like it there. And even then you'll have to learn driving again for a minimum of six months.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by 007Marvel(m): 8:10am On Jan 11
Bonton:
Actually, it's not accurate. In the USA, truck drivers can earn over $70,000 annually, surpassing the income of numerous professional white-collar positions that a BSc degree might secure for you.

For starters, there's no way they are paying an African, especially a Nigerian without experience more than $2500 a month on truck driving . Don't take Google seriously! And majority of the high paying truck jobs are in Alaska! He can't afford a home in Anchorage, Juneau or Fairbanks, so he's sure going to be between Moose Pass and Kake. I wouldn't advise anyone migrating to move to those places.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by uvie66: 8:50am On Jan 11
Gerrard59:

That is entirely untrue! Why do we lie too much? Here is a link to approved countries for truck driving in the US: https://americanvisas.net/visas/non-immigrant-visas/h-2b-visa-program/; https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-workers/h-2b-temporary-non-agricultural-workers

Did you see Nigeria listed? If our truck driving is the same, why are we not listed? Why is Madagascar listed, but not us? In fact, in one of the links, drivers who don't obtain their licenses in either Mexico or Canada MUST do so in the United States.

Please, this is not 2004 where people talk anyhow.
I SAID DRIVING SKILL NOT CERTIFICATE
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:43am On Jan 11
Bonton:

We are talking about getting a visa and work authorization. Truck driving won't give you that.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by adaralmi: 12:57pm On Jan 11
I need a truck for hire
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Gerrard59(m): 3:37pm On Jan 11
uvie66:
I SAID DRIVING SKILL NOT CERTIFICATE

You are quoting me for the second time. E be like say as I burst your lies with verifiable evidence, you don vex.

Sha, next time, don't lie on the Internet. This is 2024, not 2004.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by Archtype(m): 4:32pm On Jan 11
steeltrust:
Yes, op is right !
But I prefer you learn trade cause it pays more here than even RN or some tech jobs
I’m in truck driving but I want to switch to either plumbing or electrical linesman
My reason for switching is truck driving pays good but you have to drive long hours and away from your family I sense it that my wife is kinda of not happy with it when I’m far away for a month and only spend maybe 5-10 days at most

Go to trade
You get advance certs in 4months
Then join union who will hook you up as an apprentice. Mind you it easy to join and you get paid 21$ an hour every 6months your pay goes up like 24,31,44 and 50$ an hour
For an experience trades man earn 60-63$ an hour

Sometimes everything no be all about Bsc or MSc
Trade could be an easy rout for you just like me

And for you planning to japa
Trade school or colleges are easy to get admission and their tuition re cheap unlike universities
please can you help us with some of the schools run trade school programs... Atleast, let me begin my Japa 2024 now
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by studyless123: 5:38pm On Jan 11
Gerrard59:

The snag isn''t even sponsoring, but the job filters away international applicants when they get to the "do you need sponsorship?" question part. So, one gets declined even before an actual interview.

When looking for a job as a student you need to look at the right direction.
There are job fairs tailored for students, employers visit schools on a weekly basis especially towards graduation.
There are job portals targeted for students.
I know two students who have secured jobs but will graduate in August.
These are the reasons I said it starts from day 1.

Do American companies look at grades and transcripts like their counterparts do elsewhere?
Employers all over the world want the best. It's a mix bag.
Some job portals allow you to input your grade.
For intership and entry level positions grade is important.
Google was using grades for many of their positions but they stated during the pandemic that it will no longer be a factor.

Nice initiative, but it would not succeed. The original immigration law and restrictions are embedded in nativistism. Dole out 10K visas because of the semiconductor industry will see Indians and Chinese overflood the system. The same Chinese American lawmakers are fighting everyday. Just like Germany said it will accept 250K work visas to Kenyans; till now, nothing comot. The same Germany passed dual nationality amendment and reduced the years to naturalise, only for some people to sue the process and have it suspended.

Nonetheless, I do agree that it is a good field to pursue as there would be more interested employers. Most of the best engineering grads in the US don pivot go consulting and finance industries.

Immigration is a political issue and it will remain so. Till the elections in November, the news is going to be about immigration and student loans.
The point is there are dearth of workers in many fields and the country needs to allow qualified individuals to fill those roles.
Re: Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. by uvie66: 6:58pm On Jan 11
Gerrard59:

You are quoting me for the second time. E be like say as I burst your lies with verifiable evidence, you don vex.

Sha, next time, don't lie on the Internet. This is 2024, not 2004.
My brother I'm not lying, I said driving a trailer is worthwhile transferable skill. When you get abroad it will be easy to get certified. Of course no country accepts Nigeria qualifications because of the low standards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASWA Rescues Stranded Boat Passengers (Video & Pictures). / 269 Stranded Nigerians Arrive From India / FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.