Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death (18316 Views)

Truck Crushes Two Commercial Buses In Onitsha, Many Feared Dead (Photos) / Truck Crushes Two Soldiers And Woman To Death In Lagos (Photos) / Truck Crushes Two DELSU Final Year Students To Death (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by NaijaCover(m): 7:09am On Jan 10
Two Students Of Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua, have been crushed to death by a truck.

The incident happened on Monday, January 9, few metres away from the school’s premises, near Ikot Inyang village junction, along Aba Road in Ikot Ekpene Local Government Area.

The truck driver reportedly lost control of the vehicle and rammed into the female students, killing them on the spot.

The deceased, Abasifreke Okon, and Irene Edwin from Ikot Abasi and Ibesikpo Asutan LGA respectively, were preparing for their practical examinations scheduled for Wednesday. Jan. 10.

Both of them were ND 2 Science Laboratory Technology students and were described as best friends. They were supposed to have completed their academic programme after their exams on Wednesday.

Following the incident, the management of the polytechnic postponed the examinations.

Confirming the incident, Akwa Ibom State Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Matthew Olonisaye, attributed the accident to reckless driving. He urged drivers to make the maintenance of their vehicles a top priority.

Olonisaye said: “It actually happened, it’s because of loss of control by the driver. We advise drivers to abide with the rules that guide the usage of the road, they should not be in a hurry.

“Drivers should also make vehicle maintenance a priority for any life lost cannot come back. An accident does not just happen, it is caused. I commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives.”

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/1/truck-crushes-two-students-of-akwa-ibom-polytechnic-to-death-2.html

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by NaijaCover(m): 7:11am On Jan 10
This Shocking News Is Too Much For 2024 Na

Don't Forget, NaíjaCover Bring This Sad News
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by Syis: 7:15am On Jan 10
This is a sad news. Two beautiful souls cut short

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by NaijaCover(m): 7:20am On Jan 10
Syis:
This is a sad news. Two beautiful souls cut short

See More Bad News @ www.naïjacover. com
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by psucc(m): 7:26am On Jan 10
So sad. Please 2024, don't bring this.

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by silvoclaira: 7:51am On Jan 10
The driver was reckless, but how motorable is the Ikot Inyang village junction, along Aba Road in Ikot Ekpene Local Government Area? That also goes to how Nigeria roads have become death traps

RIP

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by NaijaCover(m): 8:21am On Jan 10
psucc:
So sad. Please 2024, don't bring this.

RIP

Bad News, Na Everyday E Dey Happen Na
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by kkonsults: 9:01am On Jan 10
Sad
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by Shallipopi(m): 9:01am On Jan 10
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by illicit(m): 9:02am On Jan 10
😳
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by Samirana360(m): 9:02am On Jan 10
A very big bad news

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by tiswell(m): 9:02am On Jan 10
Iya mmi!

Akwa Abasi ibom nyin😭

3 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by Aniluvreal: 9:03am On Jan 10
shocked

These two dead touched me down to marrow. Funny enough I have never met them, i don't know them, but when i saw the news of their painful demise caused by a reckless truck driver on Facebook, I wasn't myself anymore.

I was almost forgetting about this sad news, now I saw it again on nairaland, sinking now to sober mood . cry

6 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by nstore: 9:04am On Jan 10
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by bigdammyj: 9:04am On Jan 10
R.I.P to them.
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by Sultty(m): 9:04am On Jan 10
may new year tragedy not be our portion. Rip to them

3 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by triple996(m): 9:04am On Jan 10
RIP

Nigerians are lawless people. I remember one driver that was arrested by road safety officers for driving a very malfunctioning danfo. If u see the people that came to help him fight off the officers? They were saying that he should be released bcus he was only trying to hustle.
Can u imagine, hustling with a very bad vehicle that is having brakes failures. But if he killed someone Nigerians will blame government. We are very lawless naturally, that's why we plenty 4 prison in oyimboland

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by JayPeeOham: 9:04am On Jan 10
This is the true definition of BFFs even death could not separate them!

RIP to them, very painful!

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by Tobacco2: 9:05am On Jan 10
RIP
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by adesegun121(m): 9:05am On Jan 10
R ip
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by Timoleon(m): 9:07am On Jan 10
Gruesome...may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by HopeSpencer: 9:08am On Jan 10

People are just dropping dead these days...

Two young people have died between yesterday and today here

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by cenaman(m): 9:08am On Jan 10
RIP
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by dayleke: 9:08am On Jan 10
So sad,
cry

RIP
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by triple996(m): 9:10am On Jan 10
triple996:
RIP

Nigerians are lawless people. I remember one driver that was arrested by road safety officers for driving a very malfunctioning danfo. If u see the people that came to help him fight off the officers? They were saying that he should be released bcus he was only trying to hustle.
Can u imagine, hustling with a very bad vehicle that is having brakes failures. But if he killed someone Nigerians will blame government. We are very lawless naturally, that's why we plenty 4 prison in oyimboland

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by Sticooooooo(m): 9:10am On Jan 10
Ahh, what a great lost. My condolences to the entire family and friends.

Cute friends... more like a twins
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by BlackDuke(m): 9:11am On Jan 10
Together in life and together in death; may their souls rest in perfect peace cry

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by cenaman(m): 9:12am On Jan 10
post=127867552:

Don't Forget, NaíjaCover Bring This Sad News
dem carry bad/sad news swear for you...

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by themainman600(m): 9:14am On Jan 10
Shit
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by accordadoga25(f): 9:14am On Jan 10
Hmmm

For this new year?

Make person come change prayer points.

Akwaibom people can resemble with their bony cheeks.

The two students so much look alike.

May their souls RIP
Re: Truck Crushes Two Students Of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic To Death by Cti28(m): 9:14am On Jan 10
triple996:
RIP

You are correct. Very lawless, and will always find baseless reasons to support it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FAA Grounds Flights In New York Due To Low Visibility (photos) / Traffic Advisory: APC Presidential Campaign Rally Holds In Lagos Tomorrow / Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.