Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel (11404 Views)

Sex For Marks: Dr. O.O Aduwo Investigated By Ekiti State University / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by Demigod22: 10:07am On Jan 10
The committee will still collect money and nothing will come out of it. Some Universities are glorify secondary school.

Mewar University in Masaka was actually a science base secondary School, they rushed to change it to University. Most of these schools don't have the resources and infrastructure to operate.

Public Universities are not helping matter either. That's why after years in school, you are still not technically equipped in your field.

Education is flourishing in Africa and particularly in Nigeria where we too much believe in the paper, but quality education is gone to grave. Europe and America and Asia that don't glorify Degree are still the ones that have what qualify to be called a school.

Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by Lifemanage: 10:13am On Jan 10
Good that covenant university is clearly a pacesetter. These ones are more of glorified secondary schools. Some have not started operatiosn

Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by FireUpNow(m): 10:43am On Jan 10
That's a tough one!

Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by Kaiser20: 11:05am On Jan 10
Xwizard:
so what happens to those with their current certificate
Nothing will happen
Nobody takes this corrupt government seriously.
The investigators are the winners here, they will collect cash and the case closed.
Maybe, some few scapegoats will refuse to settle the investigators.
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by ijeoma727: 11:18am On Jan 10
Another avenue to spend our money.Another avenue to spend our money....
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by Abee79(m): 11:31am On Jan 10
sirgalahad26:
University by name, tutorial centres by operation.

I challenge you to establish your own university. Let's see if you'd do better than those "tutorial centres".

Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by Abee79(m): 11:39am On Jan 10
I think NUC is looking in the wrong direction.
Digitization, Technology & Artificial Intelligence are taking over the educational sector. Most learning is moving to the virtual space. I see that even most "Ivy League" universities in the world are vigorously marketing their online degrees & certificate courses.

There is less emphasis on "structures" around the world and soon, online learning would be the mainstream mode of learning. This is where NUC should look, strategizing on how to catch the flow.

Meanwhile, congratulations to all the Committee members cool grin grin grin
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:37pm On Jan 10
Abeg, when do these universities carry out recruitment, Abi Na YouTube videos them dey use teach?
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by sirgalahad26(m): 1:28pm On Jan 10
Abee79:

I challenge you to establish your own university. Let's see if you'd do better than those "tutorial centres".
You don't have to be emotional unless you're a "tutorial centre" owner 😁😁
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by Slurity(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10
Kaxmytex:
This BAT era, na investigation everywhere
Investigation is always the starting point to implementation of the right policies. You need the right data first.
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by Abee79(m): 2:41pm On Jan 10
sirgalahad26:

You don't have to be emotional unless you're a "tutorial centre" owner 😁😁

Nothing emotional here. You cast aspersions on their efforts, hence my challenge to you.
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by scholes23(m): 3:02pm On Jan 10
Madonna University nor dey That's strange

Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by qtx(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10
Sundaland:

https://dailypostngr.com/2024/01/full-list-107-private-varsities-to-be-investigated-by-fgs-panel/
Are these the only private universities in the country, or are they the ones they suspect? Because I know many that are not mentioned here.
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by frog12: 5:02pm On Jan 10
many of these schools go close completely grin grin

phransix2:
Na so Universities don plenty for we country? Everything na time, remember those days filling JAMB form and checking brochure for schools within my catchment area
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by sirgalahad26(m): 6:58pm On Jan 10
Abee79:

Nothing emotional here. You cast aspersions on their efforts, hence my challenge to you.
We all know that's a fact and it's worth speaking out for.

Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by sonofthunder: 7:36pm On Jan 10
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by LikeAking: 7:37pm On Jan 10
sonofthunder:

Investigated for what exactly?

Nawa for you o.

Nigerian youths!!
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by LikeAking: 7:38pm On Jan 10
scholes23:
Madonna University nor dey That's strange

Madonna uni should be number one on that list..
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by LikeAking: 7:41pm On Jan 10
sylve11:
Most of those universities settings worse pass secondary school settings. sad cool

Truth!
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by LikeAking: 7:44pm On Jan 10
looseweight:

That shouldn't be the only thing you should see here bro. Investigating these institutions and closing those found wanting will definitely save future students from making the mistake of schooling there.

They should close all of them.

Some even ask women to do virginity and pregnancy test..

That’s abuse of women rights..
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by sonofthunder: 8:08pm On Jan 10
LikeAking:

Nawa for you o.

Nigerian youths!!

Epp me
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by LikeAking: 8:13pm On Jan 10
sonofthunder:

Epp me

Stop supporting your oppressors.
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by ABBEYsammy01(m): 8:24pm On Jan 10
There is one university in my area here that admits students into 300 level once you've your money, and the school is not among the above mentioned...
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by sonofthunder: 10:11pm On Jan 10
LikeAking:

Stop supporting your oppressors.

Simple question I asked bros.... Na crime say I wan learn?
Re: 107 Private Universities To Be Investigated By FG's Panel by Abee79(m): 10:14pm On Jan 10
sirgalahad26:

We all know that's a fact and it's worth speaking out for.
That's good. Keep speaking out

Polytechnic Of The Year, Nigeria, State Best Polytechnic / Waec Gce Nov/dec 2015 For Private Applicant Now Out-introduce Walk In Candidates / Oyo NANs Vow To Shut Down UI Over Expulsion Of Student Leaders