Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu (22139 Views)

Oshiomhole In Benin City Despite Arrest Order Issued By Obaseki (Video) / Tony Kabaka Reacts To Demolition Of His Hotel In Edo By Obaseki (Video) / Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10
Nothing like betrayal here. There is no way Shaibu from Edo North will become a governor after 8 years of Adams Oshiomole as a governor and another 8years of Shaibu as a deputy governor consecutively, all from the same zone, when Edo Central (Esan) has not test the governorship, that is greediness. What's the marginalisation we are shouting in Federal level?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by viqSmallz(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10
Its only sensible that there is a rotational form of government in Edo. The Edo central has not held that position of Governor. It has been passed between South and North, yet you want another 8 years for North again.
Its only sensible that you can contest after another 8 years. It is when it goes against us we tend to bring other sentiment deviating from the norm.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by afroedo: 1:09pm On Jan 10
obaseki told you from the begining that he would not support your ambitious. he was very clear about it, but you didnt listen. now you are cliaming betrayed. i think is you that betrayed obaseki

1 Like

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by garfield1: 1:14pm On Jan 10
emkz:
Philip, while it is your legitimate right to contest, I think you should let the Esans have it.

Asue Ighodalo is competent, experienced and ready. He has a track record of company board memberships and built a successful law firm that mentored and continues to mentor successful lawyers. He headed the boards of Sterling Bank and Nigerian Breweries, and we can attest to his competence as board member of Okomu Oil.

You, on the other hand, have experience as a NANS President and prison official before you became a full-time politician. Your experiences have not brought a good deal for Edo State.

The first time I knew you was when you were a member of the Edo State House of Assembly and your greatest contribution was supervising thugs coming to invade the State House of Assembly. You are also accused to have boys who collect illegal taxes from Edo citizens without remitting same to the government coffers. Is this true?

You may think you have good intentions, but your controversies are one too many. In your interview with TVC, you claimed to know all the cult leaders in Edo State and could talk to them to stop killings. Did you have to say that. You also said you felt betrayed by Governor Obaseki. That was not a sensible thing to say.

Dear Philip, Edo State needs someone who is level-headed, temperate, who has built people, businesses and community. Your head is too hot.

Asue Ighodalo is the man for Edo State. You have to become a statesman.

Monday okpebholo is the next governor
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by dododawa1: 1:17pm On Jan 10
Deputy 8years

THIEF wanted to be GOVERNOR again

Useless POlITICIANS

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Bodexinvest: 1:17pm On Jan 10
Must you be Governor?

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Desusi: 1:19pm On Jan 10
Salubata:
You're reaping what you sow.

You were happy then when Oshiomhole was being cut to size, you attacked him verbally and all sort of bad politicism.
Someone who brought you to political limelight, all because of Obaseki.

Now, Obaseki has given you his dose of political backstabbing.
Enjoy it
You're very audacious to speak like this. I love your braveness. Nonetheless, what goes around come around.
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by tooth4tooth: 1:20pm On Jan 10
GboyegaD:
He supported Obaseki in betraying Oshiomole and APC, he needs not cry foul. He should have learned at that point Obaseki cannot be trusted. Wonder why he is feeling pained now. He should accept his fate and prepare for the primaries. He might pull another "Edo no be Lagos."
It never took so long before i see a comment that soothe what i have in mind. You are really following the chain of events.
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Olurondo: 1:20pm On Jan 10
Politicians are all the same chasing their personal interest.Shaibu is not different from Obaseki.He was there with Obaseki when Obaseki was stealing Edo Government money.What nonsense betrayal is he talking about?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Chidozie4847(m): 1:27pm On Jan 10
Breadandpeppers:
If all the deputy governors decides to be governors how will fresh people enter those seats, the greediness of this politicians is something else
so that the will continue from where their principals stopped .aluta continues
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by otokx(m): 1:29pm On Jan 10
Looks like it is the turn for those in Edo Central, power must rotate all over Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by khattab02: 1:32pm On Jan 10
Lol.. Edo na lagos oo..

Shuaibu if Edo no be Lagos leave PDP go join another party make we see

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by bjdon: 1:36pm On Jan 10
So he expects Obaseki to support him even if he does not think him qualified to be Gov? Did Comrade support his deputy to be governor? In fact how many governors actually support their deputies to be governor? Being a deputy does not in anyway qualify you to be governor.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Omotosokt(m): 1:39pm On Jan 10
U are the first Deputy Gov that will question sitting gov on his political ideas,also acting like you are the one who hand picked the Gov.Last 2 years i saw how you were acting like a number political leader in Edo under PDP questioning the party national chairman on the party ideology instead of consulting the sitting gov before taking any step.Shiabu,you have spent your tenure as elected Governor under the present administration,what do you need again??It's just a lesson to you that you shouldn't outshine your boss while you are under him.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by tnerro1(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10
Stupid man, open ur mouth to say it’s your turn, how is it ur turn?
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Wuless82(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10
IAMBOSS1990:

Source: https://punchng.com/i-feel-betrayed-by-obaseki-shaibu/?utm_source=top-story&utm_medium=web

In the word of Gov. Wike, Obaseki is serial betrayal.
Let me advise you for free. Decamp to another party like Peter Obi did, shake the state and make name for yourself
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Ireportlive: 1:44pm On Jan 10
After what they did to Oshiomole, they have no right to talk of betrayal

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Slurity(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10
Oshomole can say the say about you. shuaibu
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Shattuck(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10
Forumites:
a fresh person can learn the ropes by becoming a deputy governor. Obaseki betrayed the guy she.
obaseki did not betray him, if they had a prior agreement before obaseki became governor then you can say this, shaibu cannot say he didn't benefit massively from being deputy governor, if he hadn't accepted the deputy governorship job somebody else from Edo north or Edo central would have taken his place, in Edo state there is a strong sentiment that Edo central should produce the next governor, 24 yrs since the return to democracy Edo central has never produced a governor nor a deputy governor, Edo north has had 8yrs as governor and 8yrs as deputy, Edo south had has 16 yrs as governor and 8yrs as deputy, Edo central has never been governor nor deputy, shaibu should have understood this and pick a senatorial or house of rep form if he so much loves power, obaseki did not betray him, he gave him a free hand and access to funds,his greed is his undoing.
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by integrity16(m): 1:46pm On Jan 10
Edo no be Lagos
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Raf4: 1:46pm On Jan 10
I knew it ab initio that it would eventually get to this point. You joined the same Obaseki to betray Oshoimole, now karma is spinning your head. Karma is staring at Obaseki already, it's a matter of time. What goes around comes around.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by kunle75(m): 1:50pm On Jan 10

1 Like

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by NzogbuNzogbu: 1:54pm On Jan 10
It's obvious it's the end of the road for him

Abeg you said you spent your personal money did you have money more than obaseki at anytime in your life?

Did obaseki not give you free hand as deputy for so long?

Did you not betray esan people who stepped down as deputy to accommodate your position? Now you fighting them on agreement

It was oshomole that worked you to obaseki for his benefit, did you not betray him too?

Edo no dey find looter again

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Amb1045(m): 2:05pm On Jan 10
He doesn’t understand how the world work, let him come for spiritual advise. Men are naturally wicked
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by fineboynl(m): 2:06pm On Jan 10
Your problem started with obaseke when you tried to hijack the state house of assembly? Of what use when you already have seating governor and you are deputy?

Your principle wouldn't be comfortable with such stunt. It was the beginning of your problem. From that day obaseke was not longer free with you or trust you again after he encountered your plains to hijack the state house and distance you.

When you started showing interest to become the governor that worsten everything.
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Kobicove(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10
There are no permanent friendships in Nigerian politics sad

1 Like

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by AntiWailer: 2:11pm On Jan 10
Lol

Only a clown would feel betrayed by Obaseki.

Read the history of Obasekis in Edo state.

It is the synonym of betrayal

Karma served to you very hot.

Person wey use him betray his boss will suddenly not betray you ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Judolisco(m): 2:13pm On Jan 10
Did know shaibu was an alutaranian
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by ambale(m): 2:15pm On Jan 10
ProudNigerian01:
EXPECTATIONS!

You see in this life, learn to expect less from people, if not they will disappoint you and then you will get offended, like that your heart will become caged and unforgiveness will grow. The less you expect from people the better life you will have.

Do good to people but don't expect anything in return, God will reward you for your goodness. Don't expect or put your trust in man to return favour for favour, they may end up returning evil sef: Ps.118.8 - It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in man.

As we no hear Obaseki side, it's better not to judge.

God loves you and wants your heart to be free and for you to stay away from sin and live a life that honours him.

Obey Him today and watch your life change for the better. Do righteousness and justice in order to please him today: Prov.21.3 - To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

💯 facts, don't ever expect more from humans, people change, people act according to their mood also

1 Like

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by tfelicityk(m): 2:16pm On Jan 10
Just dey play...
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Jusdamian: 2:21pm On Jan 10
Imagine dis very popular n very active sponsor n henchman of d cultists talking about wickedness.he thought he could intimidate obaseki wit his band of killers but shot himself on d foot..kudos 2 d wise enigmatic wake n see govnor of edo state..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Wike Withdrew Licences Of 16 Schools In Rivers State / Orji Uzor Kalu Appears In Court Over Fraud (Pics) / Bianca Ojukwu Celebrates Her 51st Birthday In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.