Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party (12297 Views)

2023: Electoral Act To End APC's Rigging, Manipulation, Says PDP / List Of Casualties Of Lekki Tollgate Shooting - Judicial Panel / Casualties Of Ganduje, Sanusi Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by Bobloco: 4:52am On Jan 11
appoints Enugu gov’ship candidate member electoral reform committee

… I’ll never come to terms with the final judgement against me, says Edeoga

The National Chairman of the Labour Party, Barrister Julius Abure, has said the party’s presidential candidate in the 2023 general election, Peter Obi and Enugu state governorship candidate, Chijioke Edeoga, are the two biggest casualties of Nigeria’s flawed Electoral Act.

He said this while receiving in audience the Enugu State Governorship Candidate of the party in the 2023 elections, Chijioke Edeoga, at the party’s National Secretariat, Abuja, on Wednesday.

Abure also announced Edeoga’s appointment into the team of the party’s committee that will work for the reformation of the nation’s electoral act.

The LP National Chairman said, “It is very clear that they robbed us of that election. It was done in collusion with INEC officials and PDP government in Enugu state.

“ The whole world is aware of it. Even before you spoke about electoral reforms the party has decided since last year that we are going to pursue electoral reforms in Nigeria. And that what happened to us in the general election will never happen to us again.

“We believe that the starting point is to begin early enough with the pursuit of electoral reform because we saw all the antics that played out between the national assembly and the presidency in the past electoral reform.

“And as I speak with you, we are already constituting the committee that will give us the framework for the review. We also decided that Labour Party will not be a spectator and that we will be the drivers of that processes.”

He argued that the only people that can pursue electoral reforms are those who are victims of the process

According to him, “I have made it clear that the major victim of the 2023 general election is the Labour Party. And therefore we cannot be seen to take back seat in the pursuit of electoral reform and in defence of our votes. And since you are a major victim, one major victim after Peter Obi of electoral fraud in Nigeria, you will be in the best position to help the party and the Nigeria generally to resolve this crisis in our hand.”

Earlier, the Enugu state governorship candidate who was on a ‘Thank You’ visit to the national headquarters of the Party, gave account of how he contested but was rigged out in the March 18th 2023 election by the collusion of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC and Enugu

Edeoga rebealed that he is yet to come to terms with the final judgement against him even with the obvious evidences that supports his victory. He, however, pleaded with the Party to support electoral act reform.

He said, “The electoral brigandage and vote rigging are the most dangerous things that can happen in a democracy.

“ Because the people who vote are voting on the basis of their prayers, based on their frustrations, based on their expectations but as soon as they cast their votes, the votes disappeared.

“So, anything we can do to protect the sanctity of votes, we should do it. The votes means someone’s approval for a candidate. It is more than a physical act. It is not just a symbolic act, it has a spiritual dimension.

“After the Supreme Court judgement, many people have not come to terms with it. A lot of people are facing one ill health or the other. The judgement threw Enugu into a mourning condition. I have not come to terms with it and I will never come to terms with it.

“But I have to come here to tell you that the ticket you gave me, I did not play with it, I did not trade with it, I did not bargain with it. I knew that my people entrusted their mandate to me but it was not my fault, I tried my best. I came to say thank you. I came to say, I am here send me to continue the work of national redemption.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/obi-edeoga-greatest-casualties-of-nigerias-2023-electoral-fraud-labour-party/amp/

10 Likes

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by SharingIsLife(m): 4:55am On Jan 11
No no no. Nigerians are always the greatest casualties of electoral manipulations. No matter what, Obi and Edeoga can never get to the point of saying "e bi n pa wa oh" or begging on social media.

In any case, Obidients should urge Obi to come out clear on some of the allegations being leveled against him. Like this argument going on on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/TheOutburstTV/status/1745033368473948400?t=DZHOxVMqXvMWQKo3YJ_Wcg&s=19

Everyone knows that Peter Obi is among the best hands to handle this country. Indeed, I see him becoming Nigeria's President one day. And that's why we should let him be thoroughly scrutinized ahead of 2027.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by 1Alex: 5:03am On Jan 11
Truth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by PlutoChief: 5:03am On Jan 11
Okay
Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by BluntCrazeMan: 5:03am On Jan 11
Heyaa..

The craziest thing about all these things, is that the so-called Labour Party still went ahead and entered recent elections without doing anything to prevent (or overcome, or be above) the so-called “Electoral Fraud”, and yet they are still going to enter into more future elections without doing anything different.

They are there busily harvesting aspirant’s money for nomination forms, and leaving them out there all alone in the cold and in the political wilderness.

Their crazy outing in the recent Imo State Election was the Father of all Planlessness ever recorded anywhere.!!

**MODIFIED
LoveLeadsLand:

So tell us what they should do differently.

You can see that they are pursuing electoral reforms.

They are pursuing Electoral Reforms, right??
Then, Pursuing the Electoral Reforms alone is supposed to be enough stress for now..

Let them focus fully on that, and pursue it for now, and face it with all their energy, and stop participating in any other elections until they have succeeded in getting the Electoral Laws to what it should be.

If they continue to get themselves in elections, and continue to shout about fraud, then they are also the very architects of their own failures.

Meanwhile, if they must join in elections in the interim, then they must prepare themselves in such a way that they had removed every trust from the INEC.

1. Any missing essential material at any polling-unit before the start of the election at that Polling-Unit means automatic disqualification for that Polling-Unit..
If the officials said that such materials would be brought later,, then the party agents must capture the officer on video while he/she was saying such a thing.

2. The materials and booklets that were present before the election must be recorded and documented by the party agents.
(These materials and booklets that were recorded before the election must be collated independently by the political party for all the polling-units)

3. After the election, all the remaining materials and booklets must be recorded and documented by the party agents too..
(And these remaining materials and booklets must be collated independently by the political party for all the polling-units too -- this will serve as a quick Checks-and-balances.)

4. The political party must have their own fully independently collated parallel results, which is supposed to be totally independent of the INEC’s collation.

5. THEN, ANY COLLATION CENTERS WHERE THEY ARE PREVENTED FROM ENTERING,, BE IT AT THE WARD-LEVEL, LGA-LEVEL, STATE-LEVEL, OR WHEREVER; THEY MUST FULLY CAPTURE IT IN CLEAR VIDEOS -- VERBALLY STATING INSIDE THE VIDEOS==>> THE DATES, LOCATIONS, AND THE FULL NAMES OF THE PERSONS WHO DENIED THEM THE ACCESS. SUCH COLLATION CENTERS MUST BE FLAGGED AS FRAUD,, AND ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF IT MUST BE SEEN AS FRAUD TOO...

6. And finally, any collation center (especially the Ward-Collation-Centers) where the ACCREDITATION DATA AND THE RESULTS FROM THE POLLING-UNITS Where not first cross-checked and re-confirmed using the BVAS-Machines before the commencement of collation-process and tallying,, then, that Collation Center must be reported immediately to the political party’s situation room, and be flagged as fraud..

The Political Parties should be very much aware that any form of dependence on the INEC must be totally jettisoned --- that is, if they are truly serious.

WHOEVER THAT WINS ANY ELECTION MUST WIN HONOURABLY..

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by azzima(m): 5:04am On Jan 11
3rd place loser claiming "Stolen Mandate"??

GBAJUE BABA!!!!!!!!!!!!

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by Xwizard: 5:04am On Jan 11
What’s going on here

1 Like

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by ShangTsung000: 5:05am On Jan 11
IYOO....

I'm really happy about this new nairaland policy. No more political tribalism or ethnic bullying. The fear of receiving ban from @seun has made us become normal. I love this.

ONYE ANWULU!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by wale8486: 5:05am On Jan 11
U better wake up,obi rigged,atiku rigged and tinubu rigged.

The truth of d matter is dat u cannot rig anywhere u are not popular so tinubu is more popular than the other 2 animals combine

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by Freshtruth(m): 5:05am On Jan 11
I see mass exodus from pdp and Apc joining LP by 2026.

I see aggrieve Governors moving to LP watch out for Benue,plateau governors ,and Edo deputy Governor shaibu joining LP soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by Ezehillary(m): 5:12am On Jan 11
Obi won the election even Tinubu said it countless time , it just that we have a failed system

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by LeeSmart: 5:12am On Jan 11
I use to like LP but right now that party is becoming too toxic for my liking. Why can't they count their losses nd move on.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by Bobloco: 5:17am On Jan 11
azzima:

GBAJUE BABA!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bolded is synonymous with Tinubu

He is the only one whose paternity, ancestry, DNA, age and educational qualifications are questionable

He is the guinea pig student used to test run government college lagos, four years before it was founded

The only male student of south west college whose documents were discovered to belong to a female

He's also the only one that Delliotte came out to debunk that such an individual was never their staff

And so many other lies, deceits and falsehood

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by cenaman(m): 5:19am On Jan 11
Inec una fada.
Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by Blaze14k: 5:21am On Jan 11
azzima:

GBAJUE BABA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wetin gbajue pass wike rigging in favour of apc stop displaying your ignorance

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by illicit(m): 5:23am On Jan 11
Oh because they laboured in vain?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by LoveLeadsLand(m): 5:24am On Jan 11
BluntCrazeMan:
Heyaa..

The craziest thing about all these things, is that the so-called Labour Party are still entered recent elections without doing anything to prevent or overcome or be above the so-called “Electoral Fraud”, and yet they are still going to enter into more future elections without doing anything different.

They are there busily harvesting people's money for nomination forms, and leaving them out there all alone in the cold and wilderness.

Their crazy outing in the recent Imo State Election was the Father of all Planlessness ever recorded anywhere.!!
So tell us what they should do differently. You can see that they are pursuing electoral reforms.

1 Like

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by uksam007: 5:27am On Jan 11
LP is being Toxic. Accept defeat, move on and start planning on how to do better next time

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by LoveLeadsLand(m): 5:32am On Jan 11
SharingIsLife:
No no no. Nigerians are always the greatest casualties of electoral manipulations. No matter what, Obi and Edeoga can never get to the point of saying "e bi n pa wa oh" or begging on social media.

In any case, Obidients should urge Obi to come out clear on some of the allegations being leveled against him. Like this argument going on on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/TheOutburstTV/status/1745033368473948400?t=DZHOxVMqXvMWQKo3YJ_Wcg&s=19

Everyone knows that Peter Obi is among the best hands to handle this country. Indeed, I see him becoming Nigeria's President one day. And that's why we should let him be thoroughly scrutinized ahead of 2027.

This link isn't working https://theoutbursttv/status/1745033368473948400?t=DZHOxVMqXvMWQKo3YJ_Wcg&s=19
Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by mannobi(m): 5:33am On Jan 11
These labourers always overate themselves. So in their mind they think igbo votes can make obi win? We are even wiser now. Let 2027 come, Obi won't win a single ward in southwest or north. His yes daddy scam has expired

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by mrvitalis(m): 5:35am On Jan 11
wale8486:
U better wake up,obi rigged,atiku rigged and tinubu rigged.

The truth of d matter is dat u cannot rig anywhere u are not popular so tinubu is more popular than the other 2 animals combine

this is what you use to console yourself abi?

1 Like

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by sonature1: 5:35am On Jan 11
grin
Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by SoNature(m): 5:36am On Jan 11
What Wike did to Obi's votes in Rivers State without consequences shows that Nigeria is a country where wrongdoings have no consequences.

INEC declared APC the winner, but INEC's iRev still shows that LP won the election. Little wonder Donald Trump doesn't call it a country but a shithole.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by mrvitalis(m): 5:36am On Jan 11
LeeSmart:
I use to like LP but right now that party is becoming too toxic for my liking. Why can't they count their losses nd move on.
May you be judged in life as fair as the last election and may you take it and move on without complain

Now say amen

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by nairalanda1(m): 5:39am On Jan 11
LP did not lose because fraud. They lost because they split the opposition vote.

APC had no business winning. They had mismanaged the economy, and only won in 2019 because Northern votes came out enmasse for Buhari. All PDP needed was to lead a united front.

The sad thing is that Obi and Atiku could not compromise, plus Kwankwaso was off doing his own thing. Result....APC cruised to victory.

If all the votes that went to LP, PDP and NNPP went to one candidate, they would have won, and Tinubu would have been sent into retirement.

The thing is, opposition candidates lose when the party is divided. As seen here in 2003, where the opposition to PDP was divided into three parties, and one of them ended up backing PDP.

11 Likes

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by Houseontherock1: 5:42am On Jan 11
undecided

1 Like

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by nstore: 5:42am On Jan 11

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by fredoooooo: 5:43am On Jan 11
Pdp mini and Bush babies , town criers group of Nigeria .. grin cheesy grin

11 Likes

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by Buhari4dullard: 5:44am On Jan 11
They rigged in the Drug Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by bigdammyj: 5:46am On Jan 11
Noted.
Re: Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party by DMerciful(m): 5:49am On Jan 11
Obi won the 2023 election. This is a fact!

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chukwuma Soludo Is Living Large - Says Sahara Reporters / Lecturers Endorse Buhari, Say Atiku Part Of Nigeria’s Problems. / Least-Qualified PHCN Staff To Get N8M Minimum Severance Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.