Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested (28626 Views)

Enobong Philip Eyoren, The NCS Officer Who Tortured Me - Inibehe Effiong (pics) / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? / Soldiers Who Shot Protesters Must Face The Law, US Officials Tell Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Kingdavid579(m): 6:40am On Jan 11
Nigeria matter tire me
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Backlinker01: 6:43am On Jan 11
Thank you Nigerian Army
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Difrent: 6:48am On Jan 11
Laple0541:
If soldiers are to be arrested over brutality of civilians, no single soldier in Nigeria will be exempted.

Na only for harmless civilian matter dem dey get power.

This is a very big LIE
Nigerian Soldiers are very professional
I prefer dealing with Soldiers because they are far more reasonable and law abiding than the police.
How can you complain when soldier trained to fight war uses horsewhip on you ..... He clearly didn't intend to harm you but to instill some discipline in you

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Laple0541(m): 6:54am On Jan 11
Difrent:

This is a very big LIE
I prefer dealing with Soldiers because they are far more reasonable and law abiding than the police.
How can you complain when soldier trained to fight war uses horsewhip on you ..... He clearly didn't intend to harm you but to instill some discipline in you

Don’t worry, you will be alright very soon. I pray issues bring you guys together.

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:57am On Jan 11
Every time after their men have completed torturing citizens, Nigerian Army and police headquarters will release statements clarifying that their men are professional.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Difrent: 6:59am On Jan 11
Laple0541:

Don’t worry, you will be alright very soon. I pray issues bring you guys together.

You didn't take time to read what you replied to or you didn't understand you just want me to agree with you even when you may be wrong
I prefer dealing with Soldiers..... Means I deal with them from time to time.
Are a few soldiers not rogue? Of course I'm not arguing that....but the vast majority of them are very professional

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Moshybear(f): 7:00am On Jan 11
Very good
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by dNortherner(m): 7:00am On Jan 11
jumokeadele:
everything is wrong with this country
Gaskiya including you and I. Perhaps, we have been cursed.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Blaze232(m): 7:03am On Jan 11
Good Riddance to bad rubbish

Military always calling civilians fools, bloody

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:03am On Jan 11
Mumu soilders will not comment on this video condemning it.But a whole governor arrest a stupid soilder breaking the law.Them dey make stupid videos around condemning the Governor. Stupid people.Mk Governor dey arrest all of them.No mumu soilder fit try this with me.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by dkidd: 7:03am On Jan 11
Difrent:

This is a very big LIE
I agree with the first part as i prefer dealing with soldiers or military to police men as they hardly fvck u up if u no mess up first but u see that ur second part of horsewhip and instilling of discipline is very wrong. It's just the colonial mentality that's still in them even when the colonial masters are long gone. These people and all uniform men were used to instill fear n order to keep the masses in check while they carryout their acts of manipulation and oppression to divert and usurp resources for the Queen. A soldier normally is only active in the line of duty at war or in their baracks or wtv never using force or aggression on harmless and defenseless citizens they have sworn to protect. They are trained for combat in war and use of mechanized weapons not to bully defenseless citizens. They will outgrow the mentality one day but until then we are all "bloody civilians"

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Curious345: 7:09am On Jan 11
Men mant
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by dfrost: 7:18am On Jan 11
datola:
[/b]

Which coup You think it's those illiterate low ranked uprofessional members of the military that carry out coup?

Don't mind him. He thinks coup is a 'carry gun and shoot thing'.

It takes a high level of IQ and loyalty to carry out such. The platoon mate might sell you out for a cup of beans before you even say Jack 🤣

Good morning naptu2. Thanks for this update. I was waiting for their response.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Showguyz: 7:20am On Jan 11
U don't treat civilians which pays your salary through there taxes as horse shit
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by ozo13(m): 7:22am On Jan 11
Good one.hand don catch them.imagine committing an offense and videoing themselves
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:23am On Jan 11
dkidd:

I agree with the first part as i prefer dealing with soldiers or military to police men as they hardly fvck u up if u no mess up first but u see that ur second part of horsewhip and instilling of discipline is very wrong. It's just the colonial mentality that's still in them even when the colonial masters are long gone. These people and all uniform men were used to instill fear in order to keep the masses in check while they carryout their acts of manipulation and oppression to divert and usurp resources for the Queen. A soldier normally is only active in the line of duty at war or in their baracks or wtv never using force or aggression on harmless and defenseless citizens they have sworn to protect. They are trained for combat in war and use of mechanized weapons not to bully defenseless citizens. They will outgrow the mentality one day but until then we are all "bloody civilians"
which kind stupid colonial mentality still dey with them.Na oppression dem like.They like feeling on top of the world.no dey give excuse for them.they are just wicked for no tangible reason
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by mysticwarrior(m): 7:25am On Jan 11
Obito555:
Nigerian soilders need to be re- oriented
They should start this on their first training in camps
They should also stop using the word "bloody civilians"

It was Major general Ibrahim babangida who first used that word in 1987 while addressing soldiers at Dodan barracks, since then it has become a normal terms soldiers use to make themselves appear more superior.

As if without the guns and uniforms them no be "bloody civilians" their papa na bloody civilian, their mama bloody civilians, their wives, brothers and children are all bloody civilians.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Etranshub(m): 7:29am On Jan 11
Very good....

I make fantastic metal works ranging from iron roofing to handrails and many more
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Nlandmodesfku: 7:30am On Jan 11
Waterlilly:
I don't know how Nigerian's see it, The Nigeria army has lost their value.
They never had any value

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Bluntemperor: 7:30am On Jan 11
Waterlilly:
I don't know how Nigerian's see it, The Nigeria army has lost their value.

How did you arrived at your conclusion like this?
Is it because of just one or two instances,then you put a blanket blame on every one!
The Nigerian Army ,is our Nigeria Identify and like our Currency - the Naira,it's depends on what we make of them.
The Army Management - should continue to Re- orientate them on the need to subject themselves to Civilian Authority,instead of being arrogant because of the gun,they keep all the times!
Training and Re-Training in this wise is highly recommended!
There are more good Soldiers,who are versatile in their dispositions!
They are our gallant Soldiers,all the way!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by sunnyprof: 7:34am On Jan 11
There was a time some soldiers having a sentry in my area at Port Harcourt were brutalizing people anyhow and i made up my mind that anyone that get that near me would go for it.

True to them, one day, they harassed my son on his way back home from work, beat him and one even threatened to shoot, my son called me having known my stand and explained on phone, they seized his phone but he refused to follow any of their orders despite the beating. I called a General at Enugu, he called PH and a major was assigned to handle the issue, by the following morning those soldiers were not only slapped but were dismissed from that place and replaced from their command.

Since then, everybody mind their business wether civilian or military.

People wey know say na me do am begin fear the common lion inside me, very unassuming ........ I just dey go my own way but hate cheating ni!!

Nigerians need to know their right and limit under the law and community life!

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by sunnyprof: 7:36am On Jan 11
The Army authority in PH and environs dey try sha ...... they follow the rule of engagement often.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Waterlilly: 7:40am On Jan 11
Bluntemperor:

How did you arrived at your conclusion like this?
Is it because of just one or two instances,then you put a blanket blame on every one!
The Nigerian Army ,is our Nigeria Identify and like our Currency - the Naira,it's depends on what we make of them.
The Army Management - should continue to Re- orientate them on the need to subject themselves to Civilian Authority,instead of being arrogant because of the gun,they keep all the times!
Training and Re-Training in this wise is highly recommended!
There are more good Soldiers,who are versatile in their dispositions!
They are our gallant Soldiers,all the way!
you are right
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by TUTU147: 7:45am On Jan 11
Audio
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by FFIA: 7:45am On Jan 11
Racoon:
Next is to court marshal and punish them accordingly. No soldier should flex muscle with civilians, but do that with bandits and terrorists.
they were flexing muscle with a thief cool
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Pastoshizzy(m): 7:53am On Jan 11
Wow!
For a change...good news.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Biodun556(m): 7:56am On Jan 11
Only disciplined soldiers can defeat enemy

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Olaolex: 7:57am On Jan 11
You are torturing people you are meant to protect. lubbish...
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Menclothing: 8:01am On Jan 11
So happy this days once you share a video of any office doing any how online and tag higher authority they will be arrested Nigeria will be great
Pls continue with this at improved rate
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Cassandraloius: 8:02am On Jan 11
shocked
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by NaijaCover(m): 8:05am On Jan 11
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Walkat9t: 8:05am On Jan 11
I still prefer Police to Army boys when it comes to civility towards the members of the public. Army boys high handedness is too much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obiano, El-Rufai, Yari, Obaseki Others Join President Buhari In China (Photos) / President Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan Meet In Aso Rock / Buhari Not Clueless But Helpless – Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.