Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested (28620 Views)

Enobong Philip Eyoren, The NCS Officer Who Tortured Me - Inibehe Effiong (pics) / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? / Soldiers Who Shot Protesters Must Face The Law, US Officials Tell Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by planetx: 8:06am On Jan 11
Why would you let another man like you torture you because he is wearing a fucking camo. You Nigerians fear this dumb soldiers too much.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by themanderon: 8:07am On Jan 11
The Nigerian Army needs a total reorientation as I have always said. The notion of calling civilians bloody civilians is a culture carried on from the military era and should be stopped. The army is meant to protect civilians and not torture them except they are dealing with bandits and terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by SAMBARRY: 8:11am On Jan 11
Waterlilly:
I don't know how Nigerian's see it, The Nigeria army has lost their value.
they cannot Bully bokoharam wey dey put hand for their eye and call their bluff all the time,Na civilians dey always sweet them to Bully

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by SmartyPants(m): 8:11am On Jan 11
datola:
The soldiers are mostly stack illiterate men in uniform

Stark not stack.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Govocrete: 8:11am On Jan 11
Racoon:
Next is to court marshal and punish them accordingly. No soldier should flex muscle with civilians, but do that with bandits and terrorists.

They are always power drunk, we want to allow them to flex muscle without uniform or gun. As a civilian we can allow them use koboko but no uniform, not gun.

With a Plain playing field, we will show them that thier training is useless by beating them shege.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by victorDanladi: 8:17am On Jan 11
Waterlilly:
I don't know how Nigerian's see it, The Nigeria army has lost their value.

Since!
Those period when people normally say compare then to police to prove their professionalism,I used to call people attention to the fact that they are the most unprofessional of the two with the way they treat and bully civilians they are meant to protect.I am happy that they are beinh exposed now!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by victorDanladi: 8:19am On Jan 11
Obito555:
Nigerian soilders need to be re- oriented
They should start this on their first training in camps
They should also stop using the word "bloody civilians"

Skit makers who worship them with their skit also contributed to it.

I don't laugh whenever I watch any comedy skit that uts theme involved being punished by soldier after you offend them.IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by sslcrypt: 8:40am On Jan 11
Racoon:
Next is to court marshal and punish them accordingly. No soldier should flex muscle with civilians, but do that with bandits and terrorists.

Blame yourselves, you use sentiment to elect fools that end up utilize soldiers for their protection and safety.

A soldier have no business in any civil structure but the fools you guys elect via sentiment are so scared of the people trained to protect them that they have to utilize soldiers.

Soldiers are the ones you can have total trust in because you can be rest assured when robbers or thugs are terrorizing your neighborhood soldiers won't seat idle.

Every soldier have earned that badge and uniform, they are specifically trained to be a Killing machine. The mindset of every man serving is broken, destroyed and reconstructed. So you won't expect them to tolerate nonsense especially when there's lack of discipline.

Tell your useless politicians to make your community work so that there will be less criminals, so that there won't be need soldiers.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by VaginaAcademic: 9:04am On Jan 11
Na only the one dem report for social media dem dey arrest
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Iamanoited: 9:11am On Jan 11
LOCK HIM UP PERMANENTLY. HE IS A SOA-SOLDIERS OF ANARCHY.. MESSENGERS OF MACBAN BMFBOKOISWA AND DARED DEVIL BUHARINOMICS.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by LeopardX: 10:23am On Jan 11
themanderon:
The Nigerian Army needs a total reorientation as I have always said. The notion of calling civilians bloody civilians is a culture carried on from the military era and should be stopped. The army is meant to protect civilians and not torture them except they are dealing with bandits and terrorists.
The soldiers may have been contracted by one useless or connected big man/woman somewhere to beat up the guy. And as the mumu people that they are, they complied.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by LeopardX: 10:24am On Jan 11
sslcrypt:

Blame yourselves, you use sentiment to elect fools that end up utilize soldiers for their protection and safety.

A soldier have no business in any civil structure but the fools you guys elect via sentiment are so scared of the people trained to protect them that they have to utilize soldiers.

Soldiers are the ones you can have total trust in because you can be rest assured when robbers or thugs are terrorizing your neighborhood soldiers won't seat idle.

Every soldier have earned that badge and uniform, they are specifically trained to be a Killing machine. The mindset of every man serving is broken, destroyed and reconstructed. So you won't expect them to tolerate nonsense especially when there's lack of discipline.

Tell your useless politicians to make your community work so that there will be less criminals, so that there won't be need soldiers.

So the guy being tortured is a criminal?
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Will205: 10:29am On Jan 11
tunwumi:
The rate at which government untouchable respond now gives some hope that this country can get better.
Audio hope
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by GoodofNaija: 11:08am On Jan 11
Believe this at your peril!
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Originalsly: 11:18am On Jan 11
Racoon:

Bro .... soldiers should have nothing to do with civilians .... not even bandits ... unless a State of Emergency has been declared. Are we under democratic rule? ... or military rule?

Why would the Head declare this was an isolated incident? We can expect business as usual.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by RushManni: 12:35pm On Jan 11
datola:
[/b]

Which coup You think it's those illiterate low ranked uprofessional members of the military that carry out coup?

The army forbids reprimand - both the educated and uneducated. Especially in this lawless country.

And there is always the game of do me I do you, in this part of the world.

If this reprimands get to the top guys / educated, they'll want to get back and even in their view they'll be like doing good too (to liberate the masses ).
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:44pm On Jan 11
The foolish soliders are always looking for who to oppress.i fucking hate them so much.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by datola: 1:17pm On Jan 11
SmartyPants:

Stark not stack.

Pele o Mr Engirish olonraye

If I made a mistake in my own language you will not see that o. ..But you must see that of the slave master language.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by SmartyPants(m): 1:49pm On Jan 11
datola:

Pele o Mr Engirish olonraye

If I made a mistake in my own language you will not see that o. ..But you must see that of the slave master language.

Sorry. Speak as you wish.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by tunwumi: 2:45pm On Jan 11
Will205:

Audio hope

Be unto you according to your believe.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Raxxye(m): 3:05pm On Jan 11
The officers no get names?
Abi it is all intended to be swept under the carpet as usual.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by Asswipemod: 4:08pm On Jan 11
ManishSmith:
The bad thing about the Nigerian army is they are very good at showing off their power on civilians, look at other countries military if in the cause of carrying out their duties a civilian dies, you’ll see the officer tender his/her resignation but in Nigeria opposite is the case.

The Nigerian military need a proper overhaul and orientation of it personnels

It's not actually their fault. Their behavior towards civilians is as a result of indoctrination at the boot camps. They are told to view civilians as useless and call them bloody. This kind of indoctrination is an offshoot of the colonial experience, where the white military command trained black soldiers to turn on their own people. What is needed is a complete overhaul of their syllabus and training curriculum.
Re: Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested by ManishSmith(m): 5:48am On Jan 12
Asswipemod:

It's not actually their fault. Their behavior towards civilians is as a result of indoctrination at the boot camps. They are told to view civilians as useless and call them bloody. This kind of indoctrination is an offshoot of the colonial experience, where the white military command trained black soldiers to turn on their own people. What is needed is a complete overhaul of their syllabus and training curriculum.

I totally agree with you, it has always been like this since the colonial era.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose To FG: Keep Your TSA, We Are Not Interested. / Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Obiano, El-Rufai, Yari, Obaseki Others Join President Buhari In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.