Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,563 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher (1744 Views)

Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? / Obasa, Mojisola-Meranda Elected Speaker And Deputy Speaker Of Lagos Assembly / Mc Oluomo, Lagos Speaker And Tinibu Tawaf In Mecca-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Freshtruth(m): 10:39am On Jan 11
This Argument wan cause fight for my area today. Who be number 4 man for Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Richtaiwo: 10:42am On Jan 11
Which mumu dey argue this shiit? This is the order in hierarchy
1. President
2. Vice President
3. Senate President
4. Speaker
5. Chief Justice of Nigeria (arguable though)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:53am On Jan 11
Freshtruth:
This Argument wan cause fight for my area today. Who be number 4 man for Nigeria

1. President Tinubu
2. First Lady Remi Tinubu
3. Vice president Shettima
4. Senate president Godswin Akpabio
5. Speaker of the house
6. Gbajabiamila

1 Like

Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Freshtruth(m): 10:56am On Jan 11
SheikhMuniru:

1. President Tinubu
5. Speaker of the house
6. Gbajabiamila
so ist Lady high past VP? Dey play

2 Likes

Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by forgiveness: 10:58am On Jan 11
Richtaiwo:
1. President
2. Vice President
3. Senate President
4. Speaker
Correct. Not arguable

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Trustmea: 11:03am On Jan 11
1. President
2. Vice president
3. Senate President
4. Speaker
5. Chief justice of Nigeria
6. Deputy senate president

But in a contemporary Nigeria hierarchy it's

1 President
2 Cabals(it can be wife, son, COS, SFG etc)
3 Senate President
4 Vice president
5 Chief justice of Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Salubata(m): 11:15am On Jan 11
President
Vice President
Senate President
Speaker
Chief Justice

Deputy Senate President is as Senate President in his absentia, just as Deputy speaker.

They share thesame hierarchical position with who they deputize, no other special hierarchical position for them in Nigeria.

President
Vice President
Senate President/Deputy Senate President
Speaker/Deputy Speaker
Chief Justice
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by LKO(m): 12:35pm On Jan 11
Freshtruth:

Number 4 is the speaker. When Agege was deputy Senate president, my Warri people keeps arguing with me that Agege is bigger than Gbejabiamila, all my correction was in vain. The chief justice of Nigeria is number 5 in government hierarchy.
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Faithful007: 12:50pm On Jan 11
Questions like this reveal the mentality of the average Nigerian. Why would a reasonable human be comparing two arms of government and asking which is bigger?

The average Nigerian does not understand democracy, rule of law, separation of powers, division of duties and thinks everything is all about hierarchy and class. They think democracy is all about voting.

This is why in Nigeria, political leaders flout the constitution, military clash frequently with law enforcement, law enforcement make wrongful arrests and detentions, and the list goes on.
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by ozo13(m): 12:58pm On Jan 11
Trustmea:
1. President
2. Vice president
3. Senate President
4. Speaker
5. Chief justice of Nigeria
6. Deputy senate president

But in a contemporary Nigeria hierarchy it's

1 President
2 Cabals(it can be wife, son, COS, SFG etc)
3 Senate President
4 Vice president
5 Chief justice of Nigeria
I think secretary general of the federation is the 5th or 6th person on rank
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by CharleyBright(m): 1:19pm On Jan 11
SheikhMuniru:

1. President Tinubu
5. Speaker of the house
6. Gbajabiamila

I weak till I faint.
Sadly and ironically so.
But to correct you, Gbajabiamila is more powerful than the speaker.
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by SheikhMuniru(m): 2:03pm On Jan 11
CharleyBright:

I weak till I faint.
Sadly and ironically so.

You are correct
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by SheikhMuniru(m): 2:04pm On Jan 11
Freshtruth:

Yes, Aishat Buhari high past Osi while in office
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Paraman: 2:24pm On Jan 11
Freshtruth:
The number 4 man is the Speaker
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by spy24(m): 2:40pm On Jan 11
CharleyBright:

I weak till I faint.
Sadly and ironically so.

Ona go just open mouth dey talk waaa

1 Like

Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by gare(f): 2:52pm On Jan 11
Freshtruth:

She is the deputy president are you not aware
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by BondRiv: 4:33pm On Jan 11
The speaker of course. He heads the lower house
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by BondRiv: 4:35pm On Jan 11
gare:

She is the deputy president are you not aware

Rubbish. The first lady was never elected. Her influence only comes from her husband the president.

See the yaradua case. Once he is no longer available, the VP takes over.
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by gare(f): 5:05pm On Jan 11
BondRiv:

Rubbish. The first lady was never elected. Her influence only comes from her husband the president.

See the yaradua case. Once he is no longer available, the VP takes over.

You too serious 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Melagros(m): 5:40pm On Jan 11
SheikhMuniru:

1. President Tinubu
5. Speaker of the house
6. Gbajabiamila
Lolzz, this your list, officially it's impossible but Nigerian factor it's
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Resurrection212: 5:41pm On Jan 11
The secretary to federation is number 5.
forgiveness:

Correct. Not arguable
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by MMempire(m): 6:10pm On Jan 11
Anything deputy for 9ja na office without portfolio.
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by forgiveness: 7:12pm On Jan 11
Resurrection212:
The secretary to federation is number 5.

Dey deceive yourself
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Raf4: 7:30pm On Jan 11
1. President (Head of Executive/Govt)
2. Vice President
3. Senate President (Head of Legislative)
4.Speaker of HoR (Legislative/lower chamber)
5. CJN (Head of Judiciary)
6. SGF
7. Chief of Staff to the President (wrongful elevation)
8. Chief of Defence Staff
9. Chief of Army Staff
10.Chief of Naval Staff
11.Chief of Air Staff
12. NSA
13. IGP
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Orangedreams: 7:32pm On Jan 11
Richtaiwo:
1. President
2. Vice President
3. Senate President
4. Speaker

This is very correct.
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:40pm On Jan 11
Melagros:

Lolzz, this your list, officially it's impossible but Nigerian factor it's

I even made a mistake, let me rearrange

1. President Tinubu
3. Gbajabiamila
4. Vice president Shettima
5. Senate president Godswin Akpabio
5. Speaker of the house
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by Melagros(m): 11:00pm On Jan 11
SheikhMuniru:

I even made a mistake, let me rearrange

1. President Tinubu
3. Gbajabiamila
4. Vice president Shettima
5. Senate president Godswin Akpabio
5. Speaker of the house
For sure
Re: Speaker And Deputy Senate President Which Is Higher by BabaRamota1980: 2:54am On Jan 12
Richtaiwo:
1. President
2. Vice President
3. Senate President
4. Speaker

Is that what constitution tells you?
Better consult your copy of constitution.

(1) (Reply)

Taylor Arrives Sierra Leone (pictures) / Czech Politicians Exchange Blows / Cnn Biased Reporting In Lebanon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.