Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will (41229 Views)

Ohanaeze Threatens To Sue FG For Giving South-east Just Five Ministers / Buhari Set To Reshuffle Cabinet, Minister Udoma Udoma To Go! / Disquiet In APC As Governors Differ Over Moves To Reshuffle National Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by CHAQUR: 7:16pm On Jan 11
We need food & power... The Agric minister & that of the power ministry should go.. Hardly hear anything from them as imput or work of their ministries.
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by BabaRamota1980: 7:46pm On Jan 11
Beremx:
He should have made appointments based on credibility instead of appointing party members for compensation.

Nonsense

Beremx, you have lived in Yorubaland long enough now that your mindset about politics should be in streamline with Yorubaland politiking. Come on babe, think like us.

Let me give you a hint. Let's say Toyota Manufacturing produced a new car line, call it Toyota B for instance. The trim packages are Toyota B (baseline), Toyota BR (baseline revolution), Toyota BRM (baseline revolution model) and Toyota BRMX (baseline revolution model xtended). You expect BRMX will lack nothing when it hits market, it is top trim. But turns out inside of it is very plush and comfortable, luxury....except no moonroof. Wow! It is not that Toyota forgot to include moonroof. It is a loophole to monetize expectations.

Same thing here. Look, Tinubu is engineering expectations. At the end of 4yrs we will all begin to expect performance the way President Tinubu wants us to see it. He is a genius! A minister is the bridge between civil service and executive. The civil service has existed before the minister, very likely minister is leading people who have been in that service back when he/she is still in primary school. You can't fawck with them. If you try they will screw you up.

So a minister needs more people skills to get buy in and support of the civil servants or he/she is doomed. A technocrat usually is process minded and focused on planning and execution, very rarely open minded to the people under him/her. They are usually cold hearted. Rigidity between a minister and civil servants often end up costing the minister performance scores. Do you get me?

Fashola is a good example. He was very technical and ran things very formally. He delivered good results in Works, but his performance as a minister suffered. Whereas Amaechi was very relaxed in his style, delivered woeful results, entangled in unnecessary controversies, and finished with wide accolades. Same goes for Fayemi, infact, he asked to be dropped from Mines & Power because he faced stiff opposition. Whereas Emefiele survived two separate administrations because he was relaxed and tolerated informality across board. Infact, Buhari was advocating for him to continue into the third administration with Tinubu...but Jagaban declined.

So, performance is going to be streamlined and our expectations will change in what it means to be a federal minister. Tinubu will make that happen. You can already see that bubbling up.

Drop your autonomous village Nkiru thinking pattern, and start thinking like Iyabo. grin grin
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Thegoodone13(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11
Tunji ojo is best minister for now. Please, let him continue doing his work.
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Fearyourcreator: 8:16pm On Jan 11
Ezewuzie01:
Only Wike is sure of his place in that cabinet. Even Tinubu is afraid of him and the havoc he can wreak if he is let loose.
Who be wike where Tinubu dey ...
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by hooklover: 8:17pm On Jan 11
fergie001:

SOURCE

Wikeshould be droped so he can focus on river state politics. U cqbt be in abuja nd be dictating rivers.
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by AbuAeesha: 8:38pm On Jan 11
Beremx:
He should have made appointments based on credibility instead of appointing party members for compensation.

Nonsense
Hmm
And you think if he refuses to compensate those party members with appointments all will be well??
Don't be surprised Some agreements would have been made bfr he even won.
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by damoobaba: 9:46pm On Jan 11
markidoo:
Leave Tunji Ojo make we observe him doings,,cos it seems he means well for Ministry of Interior

Na you appoint am? WHEN YOU GET THERE, YOU CAN APPOINT HIM.
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by naija1stnigar(m): 10:04pm On Jan 11
A pig will always produce a pig no matter what, if Tinubu likes let him go make his next appointments from the graveyard, they will be corrupt, you got there by obvious corruption and it's very clear to reasonable people that you will run your government by corruption cos every one you have appointed or will appoint were tools for corruption in your hands.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Rostikol: 10:06pm On Jan 11
I'm starting to like the governance style of Tinubu.

He hates inefficiency.
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Rostikol: 10:11pm On Jan 11
LegendHero:

There are some of the ministers that were not party members. Let’s be fair.

Bosun abused Tinubu for a living, was never APC and he got it.
Dr. Ali Pate was not APC
There are other of those ministers not APC.

By the way, do you expect APC people to work hard for his campaign and you suddenly want him to exclude them from his government? APC too get technocrats nao.

My brother in fact I don't know how some people reason.

You even get time to answer the guy.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Abufo: 10:30pm On Jan 11
joshjc:
I didn't vote for PBAT, but I must admit he seems to be more aware of things, unlike the immediate past failure of President

I actually like Tinubu ........!!! If the ever slumbering and selfish igbo political elite play their game well, we may be able to secure some bags for the Igbo nation.........including a bit of restructuring here and there! Topmost on the list of "bags" will be a limited form of state and community police! The federal control of police is the biggest and strongest chain of bondage that fulani and britain are using to enslave the hapless negroes in southern nigeria!
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Juju70(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11
I thought governance was very essy!!
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Abemy(m): 11:32pm On Jan 11
If David umahi is dropped.......
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by amodu(m): 11:58pm On Jan 11
Ulunne777:
Who noticed Umahi strangely has been quite for q long time.

What do you expect from who allowed himself to be cowed by civil servants
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Ken5566: 12:21am On Jan 12
Tinubu don't have policy direction, that is why those ministers are not performing.

They don't have a guide from the president, they're only told to perform,to improvise,no input from Mr. President,who has been dreaming to become Nigeria for a long time.

Nigerians are suffering and the clueless president is asking the ministers to perform without guiding or directing on the way to go.
Who is a leader?
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by virginchaser(m): 6:44am On Jan 12
Willie2015:

No dey write like this...dis na politics
Na party member carry am ....
Enter presidency...
If u no perform as a partyman ..
dem go sack you...
Nobody go fit talk again.....
Na the arrangement be dat..

Smartest analysis i have seen this morning. shocked
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Nigeriakan: 8:36am On Jan 12
Let go of the Minister of Education and replace him the the JAMB Registrar, Prof Oloyede.

The Minister of Power should be changed.
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Babasonny(m): 11:18am On Jan 12
All we want is performance irrespective of those occupying the offices
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by StarRida: 12:25pm On Jan 12
markidoo:
Leave Tunji Ojo make we observe him doings,,cos it seems he means well for Ministry of Interior
tunji-ojo should be investigated nobody is above the law
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Rufai1314(m): 11:05am On Feb 28
I love your write up
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by Rufai1314(m): 11:06am On Feb 28
Re: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will by allthingsgood: 6:10pm On Feb 28
emkz:
I propose to drop the following:

(1) Hanatu Musawa
(2) Lola Ade-John
(3) Bayo Adelabu
(4) Gboyega Oyetola
(5) Lateef Fagbemi SAN
(6) Senator Geidam
(7) Uche Nnaji
(8 ) Dr Bosun Tijani (I don't know what the hell he is doing). The most basic thing for him to do is to get us a functional database. Let us get everyone captured by NIN. How can you plan without data?
(9) Minister of Education: he is confused.

I'd also ask the president to advertize the jobs so that unknown members of the public and those in diaspora can apply and they should be screened. I'd ask the president to hire a reputable recruiting firm to grill nominees on their programmes and what they want to contribute to national development. This is necessary because the senate screening is clearly a joke. Let us change the way we recruit public servants and not leave things to politicians.

Questions we can ask:

(1) Identify the functional ways to address low food productivity nationwide that can produce results in two months.
(2) Assuming you are given portfolio xyz, what targets do you set for yourself for the next six months to two years?
(3) Let them study the party manifesto and explain how they'd implement the plans.
(4) What do you understand by the public procurement system and accounting?
(5) Write an essay on the development agenda you'd like to see working for the country. Identify the defects in your proposal.
(6) Then gather all of them in a room and give them case histories of Nigeria's current challenges. Give them 2 hours to brainstorm and 1 hour to put their thoughts together to advise the president.
Finally, let the ministers sign an undated resignation letter and let them know they'd be on probation for three months, and their continued stay in the cabinet would be tied to performance.

Imagine Hanatu Musawa clearly has no clue what to do with a big ministry. Imagine Lola Ade John going missing since her confirmation. Imagine Bayo Adelabu jumping from one party to another as if he thinks ministerial appointment is for fun.

President should advertise appointment
Are u living in neptune or jupiter? lol
When they were busy following him to campaign, where was your recruitment agency
My dear forget such talk.

But i agree that the ones u mentioned should be dropped asap. Including Uju Kennedy the mad minister of women affairs that wanted to sue UN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? / NYSC Presents Court With Documents To Prove Certificate Forgery By Peter Mbah / Dino Melaye And Others PDP Members Rocks Atiku Agbada (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.