Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? (1577 Views)

Two Super Eagle Players That Caused The Team World Cup Ticket / Will Super Eagles Escape From World Cup Group D? / Rohr Reacts To Super Eagle's Russia 2018 Draw (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Ezekosolo(m): 6:11pm On Jan 11
South African Referee, Akhoma Makalima will become the second woman to officiate in an AFCON game.

The 35-year-old Referee will make history at the 2023 AFCON in Cote ‘D Ivoire when she takes the field for the Nigeria vs. Equatorial Guinea clash in the tournament.

Akhona is the first certified female soccer referee in South Africa where she has officiated in the Premier Soccer League, the SASOL Women’s League, and the South African Football Association (SAFA). She was also appointed by FIFA on January 9, 2023, to officiate the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia.

Born on the 27th of March 1988, her journey began in 2014 when she was enlisted as a FIFA international referee, marking the commencement of a remarkable career that would see her ascend to unprecedented heights.

She has since become a symbol of grace, resilience, and unparalleled skill in the world of football refereeing. What sets Akhona apart is not just her remarkable technical skills, but the undeniable passion she brings to the sport.

Akhona’s officiating prowess extends beyond international arenas, with her authoritative presence felt in the Premier Soccer League, the SAFA Women’s League, and the broader South African Football Association (SAFA). With every whistle blown and every decision made, she has proven herself to be a beacon of integrity and fairness on the pitch.

In a field where women have historically been underrepresented, Akhona has shattered the glass ceiling with each stride across the field.

Her dedication serves as an inspiration to aspiring referees, especially young girls who now dare to dream beyond societal expectations.

As the second woman ever to officiate in the AFCON, Akhona Makalima stands at the forefront of a movement, encouraging diversity and inclusivity in the world of football.

1 Like

Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Solofresh2: 6:20pm On Jan 11
grin self discipline is key

1 Like

Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Ance4Liverpool: 6:27pm On Jan 11
See wahala,This kind ref can make a defender to score an own-goal oooo

1 Like

Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:30pm On Jan 11
To be serious on this without being hilarious or sarcastic, you guys should stop glorifying mediocrity.

If any player stares at her back, he should be substituted instantly.
What nonsense!

I don't even see what you guys are praising there!

7 Likes

Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Simdyofficial(f): 7:31pm On Jan 11
Ahmed musa go collect number grin
Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Chicagograduate(m): 9:03pm On Jan 11
They all have endowed girlfriend and wives.The ref is a married woman.
Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by GanagiBitrus: 9:48pm On Jan 11
Jokes apart, that female ref should not be allowed to officiate men's matches. Are we lacking male referees?

She should rather be confined to officiating women's football.

1 Like

Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by APOPTOSIS: 1:37am On Jan 12
...na UZOHO I pity pass
Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Bankowner: 7:45am On Jan 12
It never ceases to amaze me how men will always continue to see women as sexual objects instead of what they have in their brains. Over here, you dare not make any derogatory comment or sexual profiling of a woman. If you are in workplace, you lose your job immediately.
Westerhoffe:
To be serious on this without being hilarious or sarcastic, you guys should stop glorifying mediocrity.

What nonsense!

Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:51am On Jan 12
Bankowner:
It never ceases to amaze me how men will always continue to see women as sexual objects instead of what they have in their brains. Over here, you dare not make any derogatory comment or sexual profiling of a woman. If you are in workplace, you lose your job immediately.

Disgusting and annoying as it is, you'd see some men losing their sanity, smiling sheepishly, and acting like an idiot when they see a woman's back.
Like what heck! angry

It's ridiculous!

Guys/Men/Boys, stop this nonsense!!!
Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:16am On Jan 12
Westerhoffe:

What nonsense!

Exactly. Reading things like this piss me off. It creates an assumption that men are stupid and lack a sense of responsibility. Like, who cares?

2 Likes

Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by paschalj4(m): 10:24am On Jan 12
grin grin grin na uzoho be my problem now
Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 10:30am On Jan 12
Come off it. You guys always sound delusional. Wetin she get wey the players Neva see or chop before?

1 Like

Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Westerhoffe(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12
Sapiosexuality:
Exactly. Reading things like this piss me off. It creates an assumption that men are stupid and lack a sense of responsibility. Like, who cares?

Truly, who cares?
And they'd be making it sound like men are that demented… over what?
Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by akwesenana: 1:59pm On Jan 12
This one no reach all those BBL bitches where those boys dey carry.
Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Rostikol: 5:39pm On Jan 12
That nyash fit make defender score own goal.

Make sure Troost Ekong is focused sha, because that one na woman wrapper.
Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Deogratiasfx: 9:55pm On Jan 12
Nyansh is over rated. What exactly is inside that should make people confuse?
Re: Will Super Eagle Players Concentrate With This Kind Of Ref? by Deogratiasfx: 9:56pm On Jan 12
Sapiosexuality:

Pls increase the volume.

(1) (Reply)

Barca Vs Chelshit / Official NPL Monthly Award Thread (thread For Outstanding Players/refs/coaches) / Predicts The Teams that will play The Final of THE NATIONS CUP 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.