Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet (12173 Views)

We Will Go After Holders Of Certificates From Degree Mills – Education Minister / ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects / Future Of Higher Education Belongs To Private Varsities — NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by BarrNosaEsq: 10:33pm On Jan 11
blowjohn:
So Madonna university scaled thru.

Never heard anything positive in the news from that school.

Only bad news

1 Like

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by Azazyel: 10:45pm On Jan 11
lampido22:
Shutdown completely the useless University on the niger.

I support you. That school is crap. They just pretend to be christian but the kind of extortion going on there is mind boggling. Their school of nursing, Medical lab, iyi enu are not left out. They really suffer students in that school and students can't speak out. Many of the female students there sef have experienced harassment in one way or the other from the male chaplains. The school has really become a shadow of itself. BBC needs to expose that school and their ungodly practices
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by afroedo: 10:50pm On Jan 11
oga, need to collect brown evelope, na ur chop time grin cheesy smiley
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by 3seriez(m): 10:55pm On Jan 11
SoNature:

The comment is totally unnecessary.

Just goes to show you his mindset. This are the type of folks that look down on people at the slightest opportunity.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by ufotunang: 11:28pm On Jan 11
God1000:
Good for them, but why is the focus only on the universities, what about the polytechnics
..and also college of education

1 Like

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by Yestogood: 11:43pm On Jan 11
Coder2Client:

Second class Institutions should sit one side

Nothing is second class about polytechnics.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by loswhite(m): 12:02am On Jan 12
ILoveNG:
All private universities should undergo investigation. A friend of mine attends one of these institutions, established in 2005, for a full-time program. However, he rarely goes to the school.

I have my reservations about private universities
Lol but have no reservations against public universities where you guys sit on top of windows......lol haters

1 Like

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by ILoveNG: 12:24am On Jan 12
loswhite:
Lol but have no reservations against public universities where you guys sit on top of windows......lol haters

I attended OAU - one of those schools students pick as first choice. They don’t ‘sit on top of windows’ there and you must attend classes to pass.

I can write a book for you about my reservations for private universities if you wish for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by loswhite(m): 12:27am On Jan 12
ILoveNG:

I attended OAU - one of those schools students pick as first choice. They don’t ‘sit on top of windows’ there and you must attend classes to pass.

I can write a book for you about my reservations for private universities if you wish for it.

Unfortunately OAU is not the only public universities. You should also write a book about the poor state of your public universities

1 Like

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by ILoveNG: 12:40am On Jan 12
loswhite:
Unfortunately OAU is not the only public universities. You should also write a book about the poor state of your public universities

Funny, many of those public universities have facilities, projects and installations that you certainly won’t find in your profit-oriented universities. Don’t be deceived by the media. Every public sector in Nigeria is underfunded and I don’t expect you to understand what is needed to be done with the media to get the attention of the government on education.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by ivolt: 5:06am On Jan 12
Coder2Client:

Second class Institutions should sit one side
Says an Oluwole degree holder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by jojothaiv(m): 6:42am On Jan 12
God1000:
Good for them, but why is the focus only on the universities, what about the polytechnics
Polytechnics don't issue degrees..
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by membranus: 7:03am On Jan 12
ILoveNG:

Great Ife!

It is pleasant to see the beautiful lecture theatres.

1 Like

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by Coder2Client(m): 7:41am On Jan 12
Yestogood:

Nothing is second class about polytechnics.

Why is their voice not heard in the scheme of things?
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by Coder2Client(m): 7:42am On Jan 12
ivolt:

Says an Oluwole degree holder.

Lol, which one is Oluwole degree?

Except if you acquired your degree from Benin republic
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by Coder2Client(m): 7:45am On Jan 12
hotspec:
Problem. So, polytechnics are 2nd class institutions?

Yes, boss.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by hotspec(m): 9:02am On Jan 12
Coder2Client:

Yes, boss.
interesting. Educate me on why they're second class
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by ajibike447: 9:47am On Jan 12
Skilfully Dodge abi skilfully payed, by the way what's that black spot on the man's headSkilfully Dodge abi skilfully payed, by the way what's that black spot on the man's head...
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by RepoMan007: 12:10pm On Jan 12
If I speak now some foolish lot may start prating.

How is avoiding of investigation equal to dodging a bullet? That's as good as pronouncing them - implicitly - as quilty of some form of misconduct and therefore have dodged being exposed by dodging investigation.

LASU was caught pants down and lack of general investigation for other public schools wasn't considered dodging a bullet because the law isnt meant to make public institutions quilty. Only investigative report by private individuals can expose them and never their owners.

1 Like

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by parkervero(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12
hotspec:
interesting. Educate me on why they're second class

Polytechnic is second choice to students seeking admission into uni, meaning, it's what they fall back on if uni admission didn't click.

More emphasis is placed on university degree than on diploma which makes uni attract more funding than poly.

Employers in private sector, high ranking private companies discriminate against the holders of certificates gotten from polytechnic e.g KPMG etc.

Polytechnic graduates hardly get scholarship for masters if there is any for them.

Polytechnic education has lost it purpose of creation. How can we have polytechnics and the government still established universities of technology?

Let me stop here to read your reactions to these.

1 Like

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by hotspec(m): 9:28pm On Jan 12
parkervero:

Polytechnic is second choice to students seeking admission into uni, meaning, it's what they fall back on if uni admission didn't click.

Let me stop here to read your reactions to these.
U're right.

1 Like

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by rowland545(m): 11:35pm On Jan 12
ILoveNG:
All private universities should undergo investigation. A friend of mine attends one of these institutions, established in 2005, for a full-time program. However, he rarely goes to the school.

I have my reservations about private universities
public ones students still dont go to class....u live in Nigeria were anything and everything is possible

1 Like

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by RepoMan007: 8:15am On Jan 13
ILoveNG:

was it not oau a sex for mark victim was denied as ever being a student because she bested them in court of law again?
The lecturer caught pants down is still there till today claiming saint. If that your shinning lecture hall and proud look is what you use to rate your legion hotspot, I pity you.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by RepoMan007: 8:18am On Jan 13
ILoveNG:

Funny, many of those public universities have facilities, projects and installations that you certainly won’t find in your profit-oriented universities. Don’t be deceived by the media. Every public sector in Nigeria is underfunded and I don’t expect you to understand what is needed to be done with the media to get the attention of the government on education.
Profit oriented you say. LASU was caught pants down selling any degree for between N2m-N3m just two months ago.
OAU has done worse. So where are you getting your sense of superiority from?
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by ILoveNG: 12:00pm On Jan 13
RepoMan007:
Profit oriented you say. LASU was caught pants down selling any degree for between N2m-N3m just two months ago.
OAU has done worse. So where are you getting your sense of superiority from?

How does this change the fact that certificates racketeering is more possible and common in your profit oriented schools? Do you know better than those that ordered the investigation into your post secondary school institutions?

For whatever reasons you chose those schools, i am sure you know about their questionable standards. It’s only reasonable that you defend your school.

FYI OAU (60+ years) don’t sell certificates, it has never happened.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by RepoMan007: 12:18pm On Jan 13
ILoveNG:

How does this change the fact that certificates racketeering is more possible and common in your profit oriented schools? Do you know better than those that ordered the investigation into your post secondary school institutions?

For whatever reasons you chose those schools, i am sure you know about their questionable standards. It’s only reasonable that you defend your school.

FYI OAU (60+ years) don’t sell certificates, it has never happened.
baseless assumptions is all I see in your reply here. If racketeering was only possible in private schools, why was LASU caught pants down? Is LASU private owned?

As for your lame defence of OAU, I think denying a student they genuinely admitted just because she exposed a randy sex-for-mark lecturer is worse than selling certificates. That's as good as denying qualified graduate one. 60 years plus of covering fuçk ups is not an achievement.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by ILoveNG: 12:50pm On Jan 13
RepoMan007:
baseless assumptions is all I see in your reply here. If racketeering was only possible in private schools, why was LASU caught pants down? Is LASU private owned?

As for your lame defence of OAU, I think denying a student they genuinely admitted just because she exposed a randy sex-for-mark lecturer is worse than selling certificates. That's as good as denying qualified graduate one. 60 years plus of covering fuçk ups is not an achievement.

I guess the only case you know of certificates racketeering in a government owned university is that of LASU, that’s why you are capitalising on it, forgetting that tons of such irregularities have been reported to have occurred in your profit making institutions, hence the call for the investigation.

To push your weak argument, you dubiously accuse OAU of denying a qualified graduate her certificate to cover up for a lecturer. The same lecturer that was shamefully dismissed by the university. You need to read more on the Osagie affair and stop sounding unwise. As a product of a school that's under investigation, i don’t expect you understand that a university can legitimately withdraw an already issued certificate, talk more of the one not issued yet.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by RepoMan007: 12:57pm On Jan 13
ILoveNG:

I guess the only case you know of certificates racketeering in a government owned university is that of Lasu, that’s why you are capitalising on it, forgetting that tons of such irregularities have been reported to have occurred in your profit making institutions, hence the call for the investigation.

To push your weak argument, you dubiously accuse OAU of denying a qualified graduate her certificate to cover up for a lecturer. The same lecturer that was shamefully dismissed by the university. You need to read more the Osagie affair and stop sounding unwise. As product of a school that's under investigation, i don’t expect you understand that a university can legitimately withdraw an already issued certificate, talk more of the one not issued yet.
People have been buying certificates long before private universities started operation in 2001 so look for another lie to build your campaign upon.
We all know money for grade is another form of certificate sales but you carefully dodged that because it was invented in your public intellectual toilets called ....

Denial of admission after scandal is different from withdrawal of certificates.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by ILoveNG: 1:13pm On Jan 13
RepoMan007:
People have been buying certificates long before private universities started operation in 2001 so look for another lie to build your campaign upon.
We all know money for grade is another form of certificate sales but you carefully dodged that because it was invented in your public intellectual toilets called ....

Denial of admission after scandal is different from withdrawal of certificates.

Osagie wasn't denied admission, nor was her admission denied by the university. Her certificate was simply held pending a decision on it. Like with withdrawing one’s certificate, that’s another right of the university to regulate its certificates.

The things you mentioned may have their roots in public institutions, but these irregularities have become the norm in your schools, as long as they bring in money.

I know You know this. Instead of calling for its eradication to improve the quality and standards of private schools, you’re here defending it.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by RepoMan007: 1:15pm On Jan 13
ILoveNG:

Osagie wasn't denied admission, nor was her admission denied by the university. Her certificate was simply held pending a decision on it.

The things you mentioned may have their roots in public institutions, but these irregularities have become the norm in your schools, as long as they bring in money.

I know You know this. Instead of calling for its eradication to improve the quality and standards of private schools, you’re here defending it.
I mean denying she was ever admitted and not offering her. They denied it after she beat them in court and the lecturer was even sentenced.
Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by ILoveNG: 1:26pm On Jan 13
RepoMan007:
I mean denying she was ever admitted and not offering her. They denied it after she beat them in court and the lecturer was even sentenced.
The university never denied admitting her. She was only accused of not doing course registration at the time she was supposed to.

1 Like

Re: Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet by RepoMan007: 1:27pm On Jan 13
ILoveNG:

The university never denied admitting her. She was only accused of not doing course registration at the time she was supposed to.
You are a skillful liar.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facts That Would Blow your Mind- Picture Series / How I Scored 330 In The GRE Exam (Part 1) / What To Do After JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.