Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

What's With These Recent Dirt Surfacing On The 'starboy' Minister? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's With These Recent Dirt Surfacing On The 'starboy' Minister? (227 Views)

Checkout These Latest Pictures Of Asiwaju Tinubu And Starboy Osinbajo / A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral / The “starboy”, The Sacrificial Lamb By Abdullateef Ishowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's With These Recent Dirt Surfacing On The 'starboy' Minister? by DesChyko: 7:38pm On Jan 11
He's about the only minister I admire, especially as his thirst for innovation has resulted in a number of policies targeted at improving the portfolio he oversees which includes clearing a heavy backlog of passports and implementing a new platform that would allow a renewing of one’s passport from the convenience of one’s home, amongst others

However, since the 'Betta Edu' incident which fingered 'New Planet Project Limited,' a company he was a former director of as one of the receipients of the alleged illegal diversion of 585 million naira, a number of questionable information have surfaced, including his ownership of the company itself. He had since denied his involvement.

One of such information that has refused to settle is his involvement in the NDDC 'off-your-mic' incident. Tunji-Ojo was at that time, the chairman of the House of Representatives committee on Niger Delta Development Commission that clashed with Godswill Akpabio, over allegations of corruption and mismanagement of funds in the commission. Akpabio had accused Tunji-Ojo and other members of the National Assembly of benefiting from contracts awarded by the NDDC.

As a result, the Interim Management Committee of the NDDC requested that Tunji-Ojo should not preside over the probe as he had also been accused of “crime” against the commission. I'm certain a number of people missed this episode of the 'starboy' Minister. Not any more. Perhaps all was never as it seemed.

2 Likes

Re: What's With These Recent Dirt Surfacing On The 'starboy' Minister? by DaddyJapan(m): 7:53pm On Jan 11
Like you, I have a certain fondness for 'Starboy' Minister - though not without qualification and a caveat.

Am I surprised that a chequered past might have caught up with him with this latest accusation about a 'conflict of interest'? Absolutely not!
I learnt never to nail my colours to the mast of any politician eons ago. cool

As things currently stand, his detractors have a point. So at the very least, I expect him to be sanctioned.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Inducts New Aviation Agency's Chiefs And Directors / Shell Exits Oil Exploration, Announces Sale Of Subsidiary To Firm At $1.3billion / 24 Soldiers Killed On Deadliest Day For Israeli Forces In Gaza Combat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.