Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,305 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike (7675 Views)

JUST IN: Ondo Lawmakers Meet, May Declare Aiyedatiwa Acting Gov / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / Amaechi And Wife, Judith Inspect Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by ufuosman(m): 12:55pm On Jan 12
I bliv him on dis
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Metrofox(m): 1:07pm On Jan 12
Orathird:
If it’s the same Abuja to the Airport Railway, it’s not a viable project at all.

This is the reason I said it’s not variable.

The train station location: The station is located where people cannot go to board a train. Imagine someone going to the airport or Lugbe and then first goto central area to wait for a train when the person can just goto the airport straight or Lugbe.

Residential area: The train is not close the residential areas. People will still prefer road transport.

It will make sense if they extend it to Dutse - Kubwa - Zuba - Suleja

Nyanya - Karo - Mararaba etc.

These are places people stay.

Only people returning from the airport will benefit from the train if they will wait for the train departure time.

Illogical post, the station was not bad for lugbe residents. It has to be in one place anyway and when did lugbe become part of Abuja? If you're outside Wuse and Garki my brother you're in Abuja extension
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Bluntemperor: 3:23pm On Jan 12
Henryjr:
Wike is not perfect, but if we can have 36 Wikes in Nigeria, we will be better in terms of infrastructural development. Hate him as much as you like, he has outperformed your favourite politician.

Good talk, brother!
I've never met him,but let's give it to him and a few other Ministers in President Tinubu' Cabinet!
We want a New Nigeria but some harden Political Footsoldiers, would never see anything good in Others unless they are personally involved!
Because,to a Jundice Eyes,ALL Things Are Yellow!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by brightleave(m): 4:07pm On Jan 12
Henryjr:
Wike is not perfect, but if we can have 36 Wikes in Nigeria, we will be better in terms of infrastructural development. Hate him as much as you like, he has outperformed your favourite politician.
not lagos wink
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Orathird: 5:41pm On Jan 12
Metrofox:

Illogical post, the station was not bad for lugbe residents. It has to be in one place anyway and when did lugbe become part of Abuja? If you're outside Wuse and Garki my brother you're in Abuja extension

Can you name the area councils in abuja?
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Henryjr(m): 6:07pm On Jan 12
Brendaniel:

You guys really think governance is all about infrastructure?

No wonder Nigeria has so many abandoned or needless infrastructures that are wasting away...

Some of these men come up with some of these projects just because of the hype to their name or extremely over inflated to make outrageous profits from even if it means taking loans that the people will repay.

Some of these projects are not even what the people need at the moment, at the end huge loans will be used and then the projects cannot even repay the loans used

Infrastructural development is an important aspect of every strong economy in the globe. He can't do it all, that's why God created so many people. My point is, if every other person holding a vital position as him, is carrying out their functions to make Nigeria a better place, we would not be talking poor health care system, poor education system etc because people will do the little the could do to impact lives
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Brendaniel: 6:16pm On Jan 12
Henryjr:

Infrastructural development is an important aspect of every strong economy in the globe. He can't do it all, that's why God created so many people. My point is, if every other person holding a vital position as him, is carrying out their functions to make Nigeria a better place, we would not be talking poor health care system, poor education system etc because people will do the little the could do to impact lives

Infrastructural development is important when it is needed, also as a leader you prioritize things you do when governing based on the available resources at your disposal at the time.

It is like a family man who prioritizes buying cars and clothes while his children are not eating well due to lack of funds after spending on the former.

That is why I don't take a lot of the projects they do in Nigeria seriously, as at now in Nigeria what are the basic needs that will help Nigerians in general, I mean to pull people out of poverty first, it is not just about building airports and railways.
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Henryjr(m): 6:35pm On Jan 12
Brendaniel:

Infrastructural development is important when it is needed, also as a leader you prioritize things you do when governing based on the available resources at your disposal at the time.

It is like a family man who prioritizes buying cars and clothes while his children are not eating well due to lack of funds after spending on the former.

That is why I don't take a lot of the projects they do in Nigeria seriously, as at now in Nigeria what are the basic needs that will help Nigerians in general, I mean to pull people out of poverty first, it is not just about building airports and railways.

He is not the minister of finance, budget and economic planning, labour and productivity, nor is he the minister of humanitarian affairs and poverty alleviation. Abuja is the capital city and needs all the infrastructural development Nigeria can provide. That's the reason others in power should also perform, so we won't say infrastructural development is not needed.
The same way money was made available for him to do this project, it was also made available for the minister of health, poverty alleviation and whoever that is in charge of economic planning. Let them also do what needs to be done

1 Like

Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Brendaniel: 7:06pm On Jan 12
Henryjr:

He is not the minister of finance, budget and economic planning, labour and productivity, nor is he the minister of humanitarian affairs and poverty alleviation. Abuja is the capital city and needs all the infrastructural development Nigeria can provide. That's the reason others in power should also perform, so we won't say infrastructural development is not needed.
The same way money was made available for him to do this project, it was also made available for the minister of health, poverty alleviation and whoever that is in charge of economic planning. Let them also do what needs to be done

Well, I feel the project is not a high priority now....
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Henryjr(m): 7:15pm On Jan 12
Brendaniel:

It is my dear. That's why every ministry prepare and present their budgets to the senate to peruse and approve. We should study Nigeria budget to know how many percentage is allocated to infrastructure, economic growth/welfare and development etc. you will be amazed that a lot of money is budget to improve the standard of living of the people, which most of the times do not come to reality.

I understand your standpoint though.
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Henryjr(m): 7:16pm On Jan 12
Brendaniel:

Let's encourage the few that are trying
Re: Abuja Rail Project: We Will Meet May 29 Target – Wike by Brendaniel: 7:29pm On Jan 12
Henryjr:

Let's encourage the few that are trying

My problem with such projects is that it might end up becoming waste, just like some state airports and other similar projects when the funds could have been used for more beneficial projects for the people but let's watch and see sha...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate / Security Sources Claim Mamman Nur Killed Babakura Fugu / Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.