Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,763 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge (1687 Views)

Reno: Sound Sultan Sacrificed Health For Nigeria, But Sick Buhari Ran To London / Why APC Sacrificed Governor Bindow In Adamawa / How Buhari Sacrificed Amosun For Second Term Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by hisexcellency34: 9:00am On Jan 12
By Olawale Olaleye

Someone called to seek my view about the construction company overseeing repairs on the Third Mainland Bridge, recorded to have ‘sacrificed’ three rams before the start of repairs.

Calmly, I asked the fellow: “If one of your favourite pastors or Imams had come to annoint the road or even held a service there before the commencement of work, would you have felt the same way or protested?”

So, you despise other people’s faiths because their ways and doctrines differ from yours? That’s religious intolerance, and I take exception to it.

The fellow quietly walked away because my points were brief, pungent, and unmistakably true. Give unto Caesar, what’s Caesar’s.

After all, the sky is wide enough for birds to fly without getting involved in accidents.

Aboru bo’ye o!
https://worldviewafrica.com/repairs-my-thoughts-on-three-rams-sacrificed-on-third-mainland-bridge/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by Usmanovic95(m): 9:09am On Jan 12
Why can't I question a clergyman I hold in high regard,he is not God or immortal,he is human like myself.Religion should not turn us to zombie by not asking salient questions on things we need to know.

1 Like

Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by HappyPagan: 9:14am On Jan 12
I prefer those rams to Jesus. At least, the rams from here.

4 Likes

Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by FuckingMachine: 9:28am On Jan 12
After the sacrifice what happened to the rams?
I'm hungry.

6 Likes

Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by seanfer(m): 9:37am On Jan 12
If they had gathered and start praying in Jesus Name or the Islamic way, will anybody raise all this unnecessary questions? We don't appreciate our culture and belief, but we carry the foreign culture and religion or head like gala.

5 Likes

Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by Pecoleee345: 9:48am On Jan 12
There nothing new in this.

For those of use who have worked with Chinese and Japanese it is normal thing they do.

Before and after any major construction they offer sacrifice with fire works (sometimes).

1 Like

Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by Prinzton(m): 10:35am On Jan 12
The same sacrifice was offered at the Abule-Osun stretch (Trade Fair under bridge) along the Lagos-Badagry expressway, as that particular portion kept failing within extremely short intervals during the construction phase.

1 Like

Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by spy24(m): 10:37am On Jan 12
This life is first spiritual then physical..

Na only mumu dey doubt am

3 Likes

Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by StrongAlphMale: 11:33am On Jan 12
To understand what happened at that bridge and why those blood was spill,, listen to "THE MYSTERY OF BLOOD" by Apostle Joshua Selman

1 Like

Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by naija4life247: 11:35am On Jan 12
hisexcellency34:
By Olawale Olaleye

Someone called to seek my view about the construction company overseeing repairs on the Third Mainland Bridge, recorded to have ‘sacrificed’ three rams before the start of repairs.

Calmly, I asked the fellow: “If one of your favourite pastors or Imams had come to annoint the road or even held a service there before the commencement of work, would you have felt the same way or protested?”

So, you despise other people’s faiths because their ways and doctrines differ from yours? That’s religious intolerance, and I take exception to it.

The fellow quietly walked away because my points were brief, pungent, and unmistakably true. Give unto Caesar, what’s Caesar’s.

After all, the sky is wide enough for birds to fly without getting involved in accidents.

Aboru bo’ye o!
https://worldviewafrica.com/repairs-my-thoughts-on-three-rams-sacrificed-on-third-mainland-bridge/

You said give to Caesar, how are we sure it is not the Churches and Mosques that are worshipping Caesar, or why are Churches now forcing people to accept homosexualism?
Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by SeeWahala: 12:04pm On Jan 12
Someone called you on the PHONE . . .

And then he WALKED away . . .

Oga, if you have an opinion just drop it naturally. There's no need to lie or make up stories to drive your point home undecided

5 Likes

Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by LagosSuperStar: 12:31pm On Jan 12
It's good to have the spiritual
Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by bennybuhari: 3:23pm On Jan 12
Exagegerator. Where did you see on the phone In what he wrote?
SeeWahala:
Someone
called you on the PHONE . . .

And then he WALKED away . . .

Oga, if you have an opinion just drop it naturally. There's no need to lie or make up stories to drive your point home undecided
Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by SeeWahala: 3:42pm On Jan 12
bennybuhari:
Exagegerator. Where did you see on the phone In what he wrote?

Blind man like you angry

What is your next excuse? undecided
Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by MadamExcellency: 3:49pm On Jan 12
Your response is a complete delusion devoid of an elementary sense of the debate.

Your students want to demystify religion (spirituality) and make sense of its non-functionality over atheism and you ended up affirming the superiority of religion over atheism.
Re: Repairs: My Thoughts On Three Rams Sacrificed On Third Mainland Bridge by fkj950ax(m): 4:34pm On Jan 12
MadamExcellency:
Your response is a complete delusion devoid of an elementary sense of the debate.
Your students want to demystify religion (spirituality) and make sense of its non-functionality over atheism and you ended up affirming the superiority of religion over atheism.
You could have just DM'd him to get the contact of the person that asked the question so you can create time to go and preach Atheism to the person in a bid to convert the person to your belief of Atheism.
The question by the person, or the answer by the OP has nothing to do with Atheism, making your response also, a complete delusion devoid of an elementary sense of the debate.
It is fine to be an Atheist. Your cup of tea. But stop muddying issues in a bid to preach Atheism. It is also fine to convert people to Atheism. Your 2nd cup of tea

(1) (Reply)

Mass Sack Looms In The Civil Service / Balancing State Creations In Nigeria / How Pdp Delegates May Vote During Presidential Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.