Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ (41717 Views)

Musiliu Smith: 7 Controversies That Ousted Erstwhile PSC Chairman / 10 Controversies That Shaped The Nationak Assembly In 2021 / Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by naijapikin2(m): 11:52am On Jan 12
Well at least now we are BETTA-EDU-cated on women's rights 😄😄😄😄

1 Like

Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by iddoro: 11:55am On Jan 12
Betta Edu is a criminal that shd be jailed
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by easzypeaszy(m): 11:55am On Jan 12
If all dis are true
Dis ladyn her type can destroy the universe in 10minutes.
Oh God... how are dey even able to do dis tins wt no shame

1 Like

Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Etogo1: 11:59am On Jan 12
maasoap:

I guess you are defending her based on ethnicity. Naija Naija grin grin grin.
The case of why a thief from my side should go to jail while the thief from your side is a free citizen? But the big question is: what's gain in defending this thief?

That's not the issue here.
Why is it that's the person that was accused of stealing 44 Billion isn't trending but the one that is accused of stealing an amount that's less than A billion naira is trending.
Nigerian is a den of tribalism.
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Lifemanage: 12:00pm On Jan 12
maasoap:

I guess you are defending her based on ethnicity. Naija Naija grin grin grin.
The case of why a thief from my side should go to jail while the thief from your side is a free citizen? But the big question is: what's gain in defending this thief?
Alot to gain. One of the best brains. Highly educated. It was not a theft on her part cos she defended it. It was a case of not knowing right practice in civil service. She will be vindicated
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Karleb(m): 12:01pm On Jan 12
I'm sure her main offense was that she didn't open her leg to someone or she didn't share her loot.

How can a 37 yr old lady be this bad?
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by stevups(m): 12:02pm On Jan 12
BarrElChapo:
Wait nobody is talking about the Halima woman that stole 44bn only betta this betta that. I’m beginning to agree with those that say it’s a northern scheme to kick her out.

NORTHERN ECHELON AND EDU GREED
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by emkz: 12:12pm On Jan 12
I think the reason Betta Edu is being bashed is that she chopped alone and allocated to her cronies without carrying those who matter in her ministry along.

Some may also feel she rose quickly and may have become jealous.

During the campaigns and after her appointment, she carried herself to curry favour. I mean, she had no business disbursing cash as a poverty alleviation scheme. If she truly distributed funds, where are the pictures and evidence of the transfer?

Before joining politics, Betta Edu's work experience is not known. So where did she come from? Where did she work? How did she acquire her PhD from one suspicious university? Who is her political mentor? There are a lot of questions she needs to answer.

I think President Tinubu erred in giving her the ministry to run. You need a development expert to run that ministry. Betta Edu does not possess the administrative and expert competence to run the ministry. I mean, anyone can hand over cash to people.

If the president retains the ministry, he should scout for a Nigerian development expert working in the United Nations or poverty-alleviation related NGOs at senior level. Such a job needs someone like Akinwumi Adesina or Dr Magnus Kpakol.

I also see no reason why Adams Oshiomole or Tunde Fashola cannot run that ministry.

2 Likes

Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by highchief1: 12:12pm On Jan 12
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/8-controversies-that-led-to-betta-edus-downfall/
the truth is women are always more reckless with government money.every woman that has been tried has failed in a manner that no man would fail.
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Roger3D(m): 12:13pm On Jan 12
BarrElChapo:
Wait nobody is talking about the Halima woman that stole 44bn only betta this betta that. I’m beginning to agree with those that say it’s a northern scheme to kick her out.
Did the northerners also ask her to deposit government funds into a private account?
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Ikemba007: 12:14pm On Jan 12
See dis one o grin

BarrElChapo:
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by sageb: 12:17pm On Jan 12
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/8-controversies-that-led-to-betta-edus-downfall/

Imagine the acts of the youngest minister in this administration.
As a youth, Betta Edu have failed the Nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Ken4Christ: 12:18pm On Jan 12
StrongAlphMale:
All ministers are corrupt. Both past and present, they're all thieves!

Nigeria urgently need Peter obi to save and restore this country ASAP. Only OBI can make this country to work again

We certainly need a Messiah but it's wrong to say it's only Peter Obi. There are countless thousands of people in Nigeria who are honest and innovative but the system won't allow them unless by the divine intervention of God.

1 Like

Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by allthingsgood: 12:20pm On Jan 12
useless woman. serves her rights
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by tymicjay77: 12:20pm On Jan 12
I m not of any party but taking a critical look at this situation one will be force to conclude that North are behind the scheming of this recent investigation and discovery... One will imagine how all this evidence are coming up whereas the halima of a lady who stole billions of naira under buhari nose , no investigation on her matter. The same way Emifiele is being used as scape goat by the Northern cabals instead of going for the real big fish like dangote and co,they go for southerners scape goat cos they ( North) know south dnt protects their own... Nigeria politics is just too dirty for my liking , Nepotism and bigotry stink to the highest heaven....
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by JayPeeOham: 12:28pm On Jan 12
This sack or whatever they call it is only a script carefully written and acted out to please the public...but she is still the apple of Tinubu's eye in secret!

Do not be deceived!
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by lomprico(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12
She no gree fok one pesin. Naim cause am
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by SaLongs1(m): 12:35pm On Jan 12
Travails of a beautiful thief.
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by eteebanky1: 12:38pm On Jan 12
This useless woman na Big thief
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Ecosystem4u: 12:39pm On Jan 12
She had this stinking record and yet one evil minded
crook approved her nomination as minister, criminals aiding and abaiting criminals.
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by omolola12345(m): 12:47pm On Jan 12
Shebi nah Beta Edu own you see for now. Others will soon be exposed. Let's wait and see. If God is to screen all the ministers presently hardly will anyone of them pass the screening. It's like Jesus telling those who accused the adulterous woman to cast stone at her if none of them had not commit any sins before. Greediness is the nature of nearly all the Nigerians. But it varies from individuals. It's Beta Edu we are talking about today let's reflect on our individual selves. The wind is blowing this 2024. It will get to everyone by the grace of God.
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by TRAPLORD13: 12:56pm On Jan 12
Las Las na greediness fall her hand.
Babe is just less than a year into her role.
Only God knows the amount she has already stole undetected
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Afy91(m): 1:08pm On Jan 12
Well for the time,let's discuss Abt your health.
Have you heard about the best selling herbal therapy called Timjan wonder Tonic. The all in one herbal remedy that is making the waves,within the lenght and breath of the federation.With timjan wonder Tonic, say bye bye to hospital and their homongus medical bills, our product has 75 vitamins and minerals,with 20 amino acids,with a good level of alkaline that keeps your body and soul away from the hospital.our products timjan wonder ticks all the boxes, it cures well over 138 sturbon illnesses. Give us a try today. Call us on +2347069584726

Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Laple0541(m): 2:12pm On Jan 12
BarrElChapo:

Betta was a member of this current cabinet, so it’s normal for her case to gain more attention as the public may want to use it to determine the level of seriousness of this current government.

2 Likes

Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by FireUpNow(m): 2:13pm On Jan 12
Just half a year she did all these? Fraid craft
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by ihecy101: 2:16pm On Jan 12
I wonder how a woman will be this corrupt. Nawa!!!
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by CoolAmbience(m): 2:18pm On Jan 12
TOPCRUISE:
Betta misbehaved real big. However If she and the president is of Northern extraction, she won't be sacked.
If Betta is a he and not a she, she won't be sacked.
If she is a full time Hijab wearing cabinet minister, she won't be sacked. Even if she were to be sacked they still give her time by dragging her tenure.

Mtchewww.
As far as concerned, you didn't say anything.

1 Like

Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Honestey: 2:40pm On Jan 12
Do you people still want youths in charge?
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Alamkir: 3:37pm On Jan 12
BarrElChapo:

Are u not talking about it now?
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by Igahbarr: 3:46pm On Jan 12
'Dr' of fraud!
Re: 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ by obaidan: 3:54pm On Jan 12
if not tamed, this one go wild pass DIezani She's also not smart, she dey loot like those dumb looters in Obasanjo's first term era.
Abuja to Lokoja na 3 hrs by road
The closest airport to Lokoja na Akure
Akure to Lokoja na like 5 to 6 hrs by road
SO instead of just going by road from Abuja to Lokoja for 3 hrs, u approved tickets of 200k for people to fly from abuja to Akure and then start a 5 to 6 hours journey to Lokoja

-no sense, just makeup and vibes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Aisha Buhari, Better Return Before Someone Else Takes Over The Other Room" / People At The Entrance Of The Presidential Tribunal Court (Pictures) / APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.