Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,240 members, 7,822,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano (31506 Views)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: They Have Set A Trap For Tinubu – Yunusa Nmadu Jnr / Buhari Imposes Total Lockdown On Kano For Two Weeks / Kano Residents Storm Emir's Palace, Seek Justice On Kano Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by ejimatic: 5:22pm On Jan 12
Bobloco:

https://dailytrust.com/judiciary-could-have-set-the-country-on-fire-reactions-to-scourt-ruling-on-kano/
. The SC has once again demonstrated it's legal power to interprete the law beyond letters.
Same action was take on Obi vrs Tinubu 2023 when it upheld that 25% in Abuja is a condition to set aside BAT election. Some oppositions vituperated on the judgment because it was in favour of BAT.

Today the SC held that though Electoral Act recommens ratification and stamping of ballot papers it should not be a condition for deduction of Yiusuf votes since the ballots were prepared for the election.

Those condemning BAT victory at the SC are now praising SC today when it went beyond letters to decide the matter.

In my opinion like BAT election victory , logic plays a role in the interpretation of our constitution. I agree with the apex court too.Congratulations to the NNPP governor!
It must be noted now that a lacuna has been created with this judgement. In a state election, ballot papers meant for Ife Central Local Government in Osun State can be used in Olorunda LGA. INEC can use any ballot papers anywhere!
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Crafteck1: 5:25pm On Jan 12
LegendHero:
No one can fight the federal government easily.

If they pronounce APC, there will be riot for few day from few people, police/military will come in to quench it and the politicians will start cross carpeting.

Life continues the next week.

De play
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by DMerciful(m): 5:26pm On Jan 12
Them for try am na
LegendHero:

If they pronounce APC, there will be riot for few day from few people, police/military will come in to quench it and the politicians will start cross carpeting.

Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by DMerciful(m): 5:29pm On Jan 12
Hope was massively rigged in, in collusion with INEC.

The insecurity in SE was intensified by Supreme Court judgement of fraudulently making Uzodinma gov against the people's wishes
LegendHero:

Same Imo state that re-elected Hope or another one?

The insecurity in the Imo is a product of the larger one in the SE and that’s majorly contributed by IPOB and their military wing UGM.

Don’t blame that on Supreme Court judgement.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Beuberry(f): 5:30pm On Jan 12
Bobloco:

But the state will never remain the same
It ll remain the same and nothing ll happen. The NNPP guy won decisively if not he ll be out.
If the north is serious about revolution, they ll challenge FG directly via promise n failed policies. The back biting tactics they used during ENDSARS is annoying. Na only that region no protest. They should enjoy APC as much as they can.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by DMerciful(m): 5:30pm On Jan 12
FG has a limit. Just 2 million people on the streets will overrun the fg. Just 1% of Nigerians on the street of Abuja
TheFacelessMan:

I always laugh when people claim country would be set on fire.

They don't know the FG.

Absolutely nothing would have happened.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by osothermal(m): 5:31pm On Jan 12
LegendHero:

One thing about riot, you know how it starts but can't predict the ending
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Mrexcell(m): 5:34pm On Jan 12
Ganduje will now be asking for a refund of his dollars from the tribunal judges?
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by gaskiyamagana: 5:35pm On Jan 12
LegendHero:

You sabi NIGERIA system well, well.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by gaskiyamagana: 5:39pm On Jan 12
RenaissanceGuy:
Even though I wanted Abba to win, but I was also aware that APC had a very strong case. Historically, it has been very clear that the Nigerian Supreme Court doesn't look at the merit of politically-charged cases, but always concerned about the security or political implications of their judgment. That's why it's almost impossible for them to overturn a presidential election no matter how glaring the irregularities are.
That is good.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Bluntemperor: 5:44pm On Jan 12
chudez0147:

Cleaning the system won't be easy for any president tongue

Una go buy ALL the Lawyers in Nigeria, including the SAN,to come put New Laws!
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Bobloco: 5:44pm On Jan 12
Beuberry:

It ll remain the same and nothing ll happen. The NNPP guy won decisively if not he ll be out.
If the north is serious about revolution, they ll challenge FG directly via promise n failed policies. The back biting tactics they used during ENDSARS is annoying. Na only that region no protest. They should enjoy APC as much as they can.

So you wanted them to remove someone who won decisively
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by YorubaDemonswag: 5:46pm On Jan 12
All the negative comments are from a section of our country
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Paraman: 5:49pm On Jan 12
flexyrule:
PO supporters are mostly educated southerners...

I went to pick up some money at Jaiz Bank Plc earlier today, Jaiz Bank is located in Kano House, CBD Abuja.

I noticed the presence of shabbiky dressed, red-eyed, red capped fellows jam packed inside Golf around the premises.

A friend of mine who works in the building even forwarded a security alert message/mail that was sent to them this morning.

Don't say what you don't know..
Leave all this your tales by moonlight. Nothing would have happened if the judgement was in favour of the APC in Kano state.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by mipeesoft(m): 5:51pm On Jan 12
Infact he or she will be among the heros of this country
efego:
Any president that Will clean the System will be remembered forever
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by mipeesoft(m): 5:54pm On Jan 12
With all the aso ebi they bought and the preparation for the celebration of their undeserved judgement they were expecting, they finally mock themselves >: grin grin grin
Bobloco:

https://dailytrust.com/judiciary-could-have-set-the-country-on-fire-reactions-to-scourt-ruling-on-kano/
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Ebbunwa(m): 5:54pm On Jan 12
They could have ruled in favour of APC and nothing will happen. Just few days of riot and protest. I guess they're just trying to avoid much heat, Kano and other states are just little sacrifices .
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Larryndelaw: 6:08pm On Jan 12
No country would turn into fire. Nothing would have happened. You people said mire rhan these in the presidential election
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by missionmex(m): 6:14pm On Jan 12
LegendHero:

One day it will start like that and will not end until millions of life will be lost. Keep stretching your luck. May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by LegendHero(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12
missionmex:

One day it will start like that and will not end until millions of life will be lost. Keep stretching your luck. May God bless Nigeria.

Check Kano governorship election result, you will understand that both APC and NNPP got supporters.

NNPP got 1,019,602 votes and APC got 890,705 votes.

That implies that APC supporters in Kano can actually stage a 900k strong riot in the heart of Kano and turn the state upside down. Nobody have the monopoly of madness.

That is why we have the FG to use their might to restore sanity. You people always make one mistake, you think na only you get supporters.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by flexyrule(m): 6:23pm On Jan 12
Paraman:
Leave all this your tales by moonlight. Nothing would have happened if the judgement was in favour of the APC in Kano state.
Easy for you to type from your bacha in Ogbomosho.

But you know what? Not time to argue with........

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Enemyofpeace: 6:26pm On Jan 12
This georgement pain me o. I was looking forward to troubles starting from Kano State and spreading to other parts of the country.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by yewit37486: 6:31pm On Jan 12
LegendHero:

Yes, and people like you will continue their Nairaland work, smh.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Beuberry(f): 6:53pm On Jan 12
Bobloco:

So you wanted them to remove someone who won decisively
I m against illegality.
However there's nothing those gworo people of Kano ll do than to attack non northerners and claim it's cos the president is southern that's why the NNPP guy was removed as if the APC guy isn't another northerner. I recalled the post election violence of 2011. FG was too lenient on them.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by LegendHero(m): 6:56pm On Jan 12
yewit37486:

Yes, and people like you will continue their Nairaland work, smh.

What are you doing on Nairaland too tho?
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by yewit37486: 7:01pm On Jan 12
LegendHero:

What are you doing on Nairaland too tho?

Well, I don't spend my time on nairaland promoting politicians or posting divisive articles.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by LegendHero(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12
yewit37486:

Well, I don't spend my time on nairaland promoting politicians or posting divisive articles.

I only promote good things about my tribe (Yoruba), and inturn promote good thing about Nigeria when I see them.

If you think me doing that is promoting politicians, then swear you haven’t defend your favorite politician on any social media platform before.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by yewit37486: 7:07pm On Jan 12
LegendHero:

I only promote good things about my tribe (Yoruba), and inturn promote good thing about Nigeria when I see them.

If you think me doing that is promoting politicians, then swear you haven’t defend your favorite politician on any social media platform before.

I do NOT defend or promote politicians. And I am pro-NIGERIA, my ethnic background notwithstanding, which is why I hate people who promote division in whatever form.
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by Bobloco: 7:07pm On Jan 12
Beuberry:

I m against illegality.
However there's nothing those gworo people of Kano ll do than to attack non northerners and claim it's cos the president is southern that's why the NNPP guy was removed as if the APC guy isn't another northerner. I recalled the post election violence of 2011. FG was too lenient on them.

We don't want any chaos
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by garfield1: 7:08pm On Jan 12
VIKTO83:
I've read d ruling and I can tell u they caused more problems than solution.

How so sir
Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by garfield1: 7:09pm On Jan 12
VIKTO83:

He held thus:
"I have found that the decision of the tribunal to deduct 165,616 votes from the Governor's results was based on provisions of the Electoral Act 2022.

“What is the effect of a ballot paper not having the marks by the Electoral commission?”

“A ballot paper that does not bear INEC mark is not invalid by all purposes.

Also, there is no proof that the said ballot papers were not the one used at the election.

The above points will be used to rig elections and the courts cant fault d ruling of the supreme Court.
The future is not bright at all.
But all thanks because it didn't go d way of APC people would have picked those points and start shouting democracy is murdered.
Now nobody cares about d future consequences.

You have foresight

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano by LegendHero(m): 7:13pm On Jan 12
yewit37486:

I do NOT defend or promote politicians. And I am pro-NIGERIA, my ethnic background notwithstanding, which is why I hate people who promote division in whatever form.

Well you’re a liar because your past history shows you defend Peter Obi.

yewit37486:

You don't have to like this man or agree with him being president, but to talk about someone much older than you in this manner is very wrong. Just plain wrong.

People like you who antagonize others all day are the ones creating problems for Obi. No wisdom, no tact, nothing. What a shame. And the man himself isn't even like that, so heaven knows where people like you get their vileness from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State / Timeline Of Ganduje And Sanusi Feud / Dino Melaye Thanks Goodluck Jonathan For Completing 85% Of Abuja Light Rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.