Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery (15279 Views)

Again, Dangote Crashes Diesel, Aviation Fuel Prices To ₦‎940, ₦‎980 Respectively / Dangote Refinery Seeks Approval To Hit Market With Diesel, Aviation Fuel / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Phantom233: 5:52pm On Jan 13
Shikini:
Why are all of them avoiding PMS?

Even the greenfield refinery in Imo State also said they are starting with Diesel (AGO)
Petrochemical Refining is done in stages.
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 6:28pm On Jan 13
SeeWahala:
What about kerosene and petrol?

Wetin concern the common man on the street with diesel and aviation fuel? undecided

Diesel is the number reason things are costly. Trucks that move farm produce and other goods around use them. Less than 20% of trucks you see on our roads use petrol.

More so, a lot factories use diesel generators to power their equipment and machines. This contributes to high cost of production.

Only lite vehicles like cars, vans, okada, semi-trucks etc that carry you and I from point A to point B use petrol.
I don’t say this doesn’t add to cost of production o, but you can’t compare their impact with that of diesel.

A truck driver was interviewed recently and he said to move product from one of the northern states to one of the eastern states costs him N1.2m in diesel alone. That’s just one way o. He would also pay police at check points, which could cost between N450k and N600k.

Aviation fuel too is important because a lot of air fares and air shipments have to come down quickly.
No airline would prefer to buy costly Jet A1 fuel from abroad again since they can buy with Naira in Nigeria. Also, foreign airlines can be rest assured that the product will always be available at top grade which could force them to reduce a little from their air fares.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 6:32pm On Jan 13
Shikini:

Even the greenfield refinery in Imo State also said they are starting with Diesel (AGO)

Those ones, other than BUA and DANGOTE, don’t have catalytic converters to process into PMS. They only got their licenses just to be producing diesel and be exporting to neighboring countries.
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by mu2sa2: 6:34pm On Jan 13
You don't have to own a truck to benefit from the services of trucks criss-crossing the country delivering essential goods.
SeeWahala:

Exactly my point. I myself have never driven or own a tanker/trailer, I have never had cause to enter a train to anywhere before neither have I bought, own or run a diesel powered generator.

So I ask again, how would it benefit the common man on the streets? undecided
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 6:47pm On Jan 13
kingralph:
Wait o. The plant refines 650,000 barrels per day and it just recieved 6 millions barrels from NNPC. This is a 10 day stock after which the 6 million barrels would have been exhausted. There is no mention of continuous supply of crude for continuous refining beyond the 6 million delivered. Will crude oil refining then stop after 10 days like the Port Harcour Refinery debacle?

No. They don’t calculate like that. 😁😁. Talk to our industrial chemists. They will break it down for you.

That 650k you see is for concentrated crude. By the time they add so many things to it and water, they will get 159 litres of petro from 1 barrel. That’s a standard o. They can get more or less.

The refinery would not even operate at 100% installed capacity, for now. Max, May be at 50% of installed capacity.

Let’s do a simple arithmetic.

Assuming the plant is operating at 40% capacity, it means the refinery will use: 40% x 650,000bpd to derive other things among which petrol is included.

So Dangote will use 260k barrel of crude oil in a day.

Don’t forget we said 1 barrel of crude will give us a standard of 159 liters of petrol (among other derivatives).

Therefore, from 260k barrels of crude oil, we expect DANGOTE to get 159 x 260,000 which = 41,340,000 litres of petrol per day.

If our local consumption is pegged at 35m litres per day, it means DANGOTE will have an average of 6millions liters of petrol left per day after selling the 35million liters to Nigeria. He can then do whatever it likes with the remaining 6million liters.

The supply of crude oil he is getting is on a continuous basis. He needs a minimum of 6m barrels before he could start.
That 650k bpd crude can give DANGOTE more than 120m liters of petrol which can serve Nigeria for more than a week because our consumption is not static on 35m liters per day.

We can then deduce that the 6million initial crude he received can give him 10 weeks of petrol to be supplied to the market after which he would have received another batch of 6million barrels of crude oil.

I hope this is clear.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by commoditiesnig: 6:57pm On Jan 13
Congratulations to Dangote refinery

1 Like

Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Teymanhenry(f): 6:58pm On Jan 13
More importantly, they should tell us how Dangote refinery will push file price from N650 to let's N200. File is already more than available albeit in an expensive amount
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by adolfHitler1934: 7:07pm On Jan 13
Just thinking....the plant is 650,000 barrel/day crude refining capacity, but there is just 6 million barrel delivered. Aren't they supposed to have at least between 50 to 100 million barrel stored so that there won't be shortage of raw materials (crude oil).
That's my thinking though....

What do I even know sef.
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 7:14pm On Jan 13
Menclothing:
In addition, the refinery can load 2,900 trucks a day at its truck-loading gantries

Massive employment opportunities they should link it with train

That’s what I am saying. They think the guy has come to play.

He still has other loading bays at sea o for export.
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 7:25pm On Jan 13
Jeezuzpick:

Uncle,

The extractive industry is not like manufacturing where you can choose your product.

If you smelt iron ore, you'll get iton, not gold or copper.

If you refine petroleum, PETROL MUST BE ONE IF THE PRODUCTS!!

Loss or no loss, there will be PMS and DPK among the products.

Unlike when we have been importing products and can select what we wanna buy, the refinery will spit out PMS and DPK whether they like it or not!

Why are they not telling us petrol will also hit the market?

Mmmmmmmmmm?

Dangote will crack PMS but won’t sell it until NNPC and marketers fully exhaust their stock imported. That’s the deal.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:26pm On Jan 13
MeineMutter:

Dangote will crack PMS but won’t sell it until NNOC and marketers fully exhaust their stock imported. That’s the deal.

If that's the case, then we might hope for a price difference.

Let's wait till then.
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by MeineMutter: 7:35pm On Jan 13
Jeezuzpick:

If that's the case, then we might hope for a price difference.

Let's wait till then.

I meant NNPC.

Be rest assured. There would, for sure, bè price difference.
What will DANGOTE gain if he can’t sell petrol also?

Do you know the number of vehicles on the road in Lagos alone, including those that come from interstate? They can’t be lesser than 4million.
With an average of 10 liters of PMS per day per vehicle, Lagos alone will consume 20million liters from the nearly 41million liters of PMS Dangote will refine per day.

The refinery is mainly designed to refine Nigerian-grade crude, although it can refine other grades after a little tweak to the equipment and its recipe.

That’s the main reason DANGOTE would prefer to sell locally because he won’t want to be modifying his new equipment just to be able to refine Arabian or American oil grade.

Other West African countries are already used to our refined crude. So, it’s a multiple win for the refinery.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by skyman200(m): 7:52pm On Jan 13
Good news

1 Like

Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Calitoscassius(m): 10:18pm On Jan 13
zionstaar75:
that you can't spell aeroplane shows how stupid you are. What do factories use?what do trailers use?I can't believe an adult can be this stupid honestly
I am stupid just like your father grin you obviously cannot comprehen English, i was not talking about factories or trailers was I? Go back and start from the initial comment i was respoding to, while you are it also grin go look up the word Airoplanist in your English Dictionsry . grin you really are a dumbo. I bet you have never read or heard the word Airoplanist. grin is aeroplane the only word you see that i didn't spell correctly?

Did you know that Putin Russian president one of the most powerful men on earth do not speak English

This morron thinks i give shit about spellings. grin

You and your father can lick my bum. tongue

Jeeeez! You are one ugeelee modafuk, why are your bloody eyes popping outta your big 'ead? undecided
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by bablon20(m): 11:04pm On Jan 13
He's been producing cement locally for years yet we still buy cement with exorbitant amount, what's the assurance that his refinery will make life better for the common Nigerians?

3 Likes

Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 11:06pm On Jan 13
Shikini:

Subsidy is still in place on petrol. That makes refining it here not profitable
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Donaldoni: 11:08pm On Jan 13
Brendaniel:
At what price? Would it be cheaper than the imported one?

It does not matter embarassed

Naira will appreciate against the dollar cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by kolaaderin: 11:36pm On Jan 13
BarrElChapo:

Cc. Shikini
No jet fuel without kerosene. Jet fuel is just kerosene with addictives to improve it's composition in extreme condition for aviation use.
Why no one talks of kerosene again is that it's should be strictly regulated for aviation use only to encourage people to use natural gas LNG for domestic use so as not to continuously cause distability in pricing and unnecessary demand while their is a more reliable and cleaner alternative of natural gas for domestic use. The whole world has moved away from domestic use of kerosene, while should Nigeria remain stocked with it when it's way cheaper and healthier to use Gas at home.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Brendaniel: 1:20am On Jan 14
Donaldoni:

It does not matter embarassed

Naira will appreciate against the dollar cheesy

Don't keep your hopes high on that because importation is not really the problem of FX in Nigeria.....
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Konquest: 8:23am On Jan 14
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Hier(m): 9:25am On Jan 14
Dybala11:

Shebi Dangote built his refinery for philanthropic reasons and not to make money bah?? 😂😂

I wonder oooo😅😂😂😂, the thing taya me 😅😅😅
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Hier(m): 9:26am On Jan 14
Nazgul:

If there isn't any significant drop in the price of fuel from dangote refinery, then it's of no use to the common man.

I can't be buying fuel at N650 per liter and have dangote selling his own at N610 or N620. What's the difference between the subsidized rate and the refinery rate?

If he's selling below or above N300 per liter it would be a great relief for everyone.

Dangote would open price at the present market price
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Funkybabee(f): 11:55am On Jan 14
We hope so
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Ovamboland(m): 12:05pm On Jan 14
tunjijones:
I swear, I can't wait. I can't wait to see the direct impact on the economy. The impact on exchange rate.

Cos if there is no direct and visible impact, then it's just another means of the rich becoming richer and poor becoming poorer.

Is the impact of continuous Import of fuel any better?
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by BJanta: 1:31pm On Jan 14
StatusSymbol:

What do you expect?

Nothing better.
Re: We Will Have Diesel, Aviation Fuel In The Market This Month - Dangote Refinery by Raph82(m): 4:54pm On Jan 14
The one wey join all of us togeda (petrol), dem no dey gree refine am. Government of d rich, by d rich & for d rich.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: / Senate Leadership: Lawan Group Behind Ekweremandu’s Invitation By IGP / Ebonyi Traditional Rulers Endorse Buhari, Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.