Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,440 members, 7,836,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time (241 Views)

Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS / Mark Zuckerberg Loses 17. 6bn Plunge To World's Sixth Richest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by iwaeda: 12:24pm On Jan 13
The Dangote Group conglomerate has announced its setout to kickstart production of Dangote Refinery for the sixth time.

The 19 billion US dollars investment inaugurated in 22nd of May, 2023 with expectation to produce the capacity of 650,000 barrels of crude oil per day has took the public and the investors on a ride of long awaiting. The structural construction of the project commenced in July 2017 and to be completed in 2019 but got pushed down to 2022.

Dangote Refinery’s recorded start time amounted to three times over the past four years leaving investors and commercial loaners (OPM) earnestly clinging to the actual start date.

After the publicly announced inauguration in first quarter of 2023, Dangote Refinery announced its plan to produce gasoline, kerosine, and diesel in September of same year.

It was until September that it became clear that the refinery would not yet be able to start operations due to stalling in supply of crude. However, in July 2022, Dangote had borrowed 187 billion naira (about 442 million USD) at 12.75% resp. 13.5% p.a., which is bond issuance acquired as completion continues to drag.

The production of Diesel and aviation fuel A1 is expected to hit the market in the 2nd week of 2024 but in that same week, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in an investigation raided the HQ office in Victoria Island, Lagos, on allegations to have acquired forex allocations through the then apex bank governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele in 2014.

Meanwhile, Aliko Dangote claimed in 2013 to have $3 billion to finance the refinery project, of which the project as at 2013 was estimated to cost $9 billion. $3 billion of Dangote Group’s money was invested with the remainder to be acquired through commercial loans (Other Peoples Money).

Nonetheless, the group still stood to promising its production starting dates before the raiding of the anti-graft agency (EFCC), requesting that the conglomerates in a letter sent to the company in first week of December provides the details of foreign exchange allocated by the former CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, to the company from 2014 till date.

Dangote Group in all of investors confidence reassurance statement, releases a press release to debunk the perception of fraud investigation that follows the anti-graft agency wherever or whenever raiding or investigations is carried out.

Meanwhile, with the gas flare burning sighted on site, many have misconstrued it for actual refining of crude oil which date is unpredictable at the moment.

https://westafricaweekly.com/dangote-refinery-kickstarts-production-for-the-sixth-time/
Re: Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by iwaeda: 12:27pm On Jan 13
6th time grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by God1000(m): 12:28pm On Jan 13
The refinery has come on stream this time
Re: Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by SeeWahala: 12:29pm On Jan 13
Yes oh . . . The first 5 times they didn't produce 1 single drop of either petrol or diesel.

Forget about kerosene or aviation fuel, let's discuss the failure to produce the first two for now undecided

Gas is being flared into oblivion so lets perish that idea totally
Re: Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by Resurrection212: 12:29pm On Jan 13
Congratulations to Dangote.
Re: Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by iwaeda: 12:30pm On Jan 13
God1000:
The refinery has come on stream this time
It has not being completed, if you know the processes involved, you will stay off PROPAGANDA. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by God1000(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13
iwaeda:

It has not being completed, if you know the processes involved, you will stay off PROPAGANDA. grin grin grin grin grin grin
I think you are the one that desist from propaganda here.

I wasn't happy with the deception before but this is too obvious now, or you still wish this to be untrue
Re: Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by Kenochi(m): 12:43pm On Jan 13
All the people counting when the Refinery starts, what is your gain. I always laugh when I see folks just create threads that are sincerely very funny. Let me repeat again,go and verify.Don't take anybody's word for it,visit the place and verify if the Refinery is working or not
Some of us have no Reason to doubt the Refinery because we are always on that site at least twice a week
Also,are you are aware that Dangote has a landing berth separate from the Lekki Deep Seaport where he handles vessels for both importations and exportation of materials
Let me just keep quiet and continually laugh at folks who don't understand the huge investments that are redefining Nigeria, like someone said a New Nigeria is berthing in Ibeju Lekki and what is your stake

Visit my signature to get in on investment properties in Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub which comprises Dangote Refinery,Lekki Deep Sea port and Free Trade Zone
Re: Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by iwaeda: 12:45pm On Jan 13
God1000:
I think you are the one that desist from propaganda here.

I wasn't happy with the deception before but this is too obvious now, or you still wish this to be untrue
You dont know what we know. How far with PortHarcourt. angry grin angry angry
Re: Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by iwaeda: 1:16pm On Jan 13
Kenochi:
All the people counting when the Refinery starts, what is your gain. I always laugh when I see folks just create threads that are sincerely very funny. Let me repeat again,go and verify.Don't take anybody's word for it,visit the place and verify if the Refinery is working or not
Some of us have no Reason to doubt the Refinery because we are always on that site at least twice a week
Also,are you are aware that Dangote has a landing berth separate from the Lekki Deep Seaport where he handles vessels for both importations and exportation of materials
Let me just keep quiet and continually laugh at folks who don't understand the huge investments that are redefining Nigeria, like someone said a New Nigeria is berthing in Ibeju Lekki and what is your stake

Visit my signature to get in on investment properties in Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub which comprises Dangote Refinery,Lekki Deep Sea port and Free Trade Zone
Post pictures (Don't use those that can lead to litigation) of the running of turbines, compressors and pumps of fractional units.I will appreciatet the PSVs and storage vessels. grin cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Refinery Kickstarts Production For The Sixth Time by iwaeda: 4:28pm On Jan 13
7th time it may work. grin angry grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Alhaji Ibrahim Dende: A Great Philanthropist With No Political Inclination / Buy USD At The Official Rate With The Cash-in App / Check Out This Idea!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.