Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) (12265 Views)

Crowd Of Supporters Welcome Tinubu In Enugu (Video) / Supporters Welcome Atiku To Sokoto / 2023 Presidency: Crowd Of Supporters Welcome Tinubu To Kano (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by fergie001: 9:07am On Jan 14
rolams:
garfield1

Base on the recent supreme court judgment:

Can the PDP law makers who were sacked by the court of appeal in Plateau State or the PDP re-appeal again at the appeal court?

Or is it permissible by the law for the PDP of the law makers to seek a redress at the supreme court considering the fact that their cases ended at the court of appeal?
As painful as it is, nothing can be done for them.
The Court of Appeal is the last b/stop for National Assembly matters.

Nwokocha representing Abia Central Senatorial Zone was sacked by the Appeal Court. He approached the Supreme Court for a review and was fined.

Again and most importantly, National Assembly matters expire after almost 260+ days after the election, this is about 300+ days now already. So, even if the Supreme Court wants to do anything, it has effluxed with time, it is now statute-barred.

No review can take place, save for a rebuke and I know those Judges will not be allowed to touch election petition cases for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by SaLongs1(m): 9:35am On Jan 14
Oakenshield:
you were go school no sabi say there is always an appeal to everything once they can prove beyond reasonable doubts. Dull brain like u
Abeg wetin you dey talk?
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by uglodoh(f): 10:01am On Jan 14
As if he has anything to offer tjem
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by garfield1: 10:21am On Jan 14
fergie001:

Nwokocha representing Abia Central Senatorial Zone was sacked by the Appeal Court. He approached the Supreme Court for a review and was fined.

Again and most importantly, National Assembly matters expire after almost 260+ days after the election, this is about 300+ days now already. So, even if the Supreme Court wants to do anything, it has effluxed with time, it is now statute-barred.

No review can take place, save for a rebuke and I know those Judges will not be allowed to touch election petition cases for a long time.

Me and you know the appeal court judges were right.the supreme court miraculously saved muftwang.the apex court went beyond it's jurisdiction
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 10:58am On Jan 14
sholatech:
Sure, He was massively voted for by his people and started well. Tinubu is also getting loved by his people for not allowing court process to remove Mutfwang
speak for yourself gullible. Tinubu is not loved by all.
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by Sermwell(m): 11:06am On Jan 14
Oakenshield:
you were go school no sabi say there is always an appeal to everything once they can prove beyond reasonable doubts. Dull brain like u
All election matters for legislators and senators ends at the court of appeal, and not the supreme court!!

Now who is the dull brain?? grin grin
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by slivertongue: 12:12pm On Jan 14
rolams:
Fergie001

garfied1

Base on the recent supreme court judgment:

Can the PDP law makers who were sacked by the court of appeal in Plateau State or the PDP re-appeal again at the appeal court?

Or is it permissible by the law for the PDP of the law makers to seek a redress at the supreme court considering the fact that their cases ended at the court of appeal?

end of the road though the judges have been reported to the NJC. if the electorates like they can start a recall process
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by Bakinwuta(f): 12:21pm On Jan 14
PrinceofSarcasm:

What do you think about all these media trials we see of corrupt people? From 1999 all we hear are sensationalism in the media
Senator arrested governor arrested by efcc this and that then they go to court and it becomes clear it's all a joke. For instance the one that broke my heart what the Orji uzor kalu sentencing. . never before seen in the world that an indicted senator kept his status and salary as a senator.

My friends in the US use this to troll me till eternity.
When will we ever have a sincere president or government who cares about you and I and others ?
Look at Beta Edu, in sane countries she will be in handcuffs in custody while investigation is proceeding because she has been indicted on paying public funds Into and private account already.

But alas you all at manna and I know nothing will come of this..

My people at manna when will we Nigeria have a sincere honest government willing to go against the buck and do the right thing for the people?

When?

Just like Emefiele right. Look again and see where it brought the FGN. The courts asking EFCCC to pay #100million to him.

You just can't cuff people like that and do anyhow. Otherwise you have your case crash in court. FGN has done good so far suspending her to allow fair and independent investigations.

She will be charged accordingly as a start where infractions exist or queried where such is required. Justy should prevail its all people need.
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by hansomb: 12:41pm On Jan 14
SALLYBERRY01:
He should get to work this is not the time celebrate.
He has already hit the ground with rehabilitation of some spoilt road.
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by kinguwem: 1:48pm On Jan 14
PrinceofSarcasm:

What do you think about all these media trials we see of corrupt people? From 1999 all we hear are sensationalism in the media
Senator arrested governor arrested by efcc this and that then they go to court and it becomes clear it's all a joke. For instance the one that broke my heart what the Orji uzor kalu sentencing. . never before seen in the world that an indicted senator kept his status and salary as a senator.

My friends in the US use this to troll me till eternity.
When will we ever have a sincere president or government who cares about you and I and others ?
Look at Beta Edu, in sane countries she will be in handcuffs in custody while investigation is proceeding because she has been indicted on paying public funds Into and private account already.

But alas you all at manna and I know nothing will come of this..

My people at manna when will we Nigeria have a sincere honest government willing to go against the buck and do the right thing for the people? If an offence is a bailable offence you will infringe her fundamental human by detailing her in detention? I thought a suspect is innocent until convicted?

When?
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by osothermal(m): 2:12pm On Jan 14
SETHARTHUR:
Look at beautiful city controlled by evil heardsmen
They no born any herdsmen to do rubbish in Jos . They always know the story that's why the cowards go to remote villages and attack people in their sleep
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by rolams(m): 2:26pm On Jan 14
fergie001:

Wow!

This is serious!
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by hassana728: 2:47pm On Jan 14
As we are looking forward to a better nation. God bless you Prince 🤴As we are looking forward to a better nation. God bless you Prince 🤴...
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by asanausana91: 3:49pm On Jan 14
sholatech:
Sure, He was massively voted for by his people and started well. Tinubu is also getting loved by his people for not allowing court process to remove Mutfwang
who love Tinubu? The supreme court judgement that brought Tinubu is a the worst judgement so far.
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by Iampromoted(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14
garfield1:

Me and you know the appeal court judges were right.the supreme court miraculously saved muftwang.the apex court went beyond it's jurisdiction

Garfield I respectfully disagree with you.
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by garfield1: 5:05pm On Jan 14
Iampromoted:

Garfield I respectfully disagree with you.

Why sir? No one seems to understand my point but I know I am right.the apex court messed me up
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by Iampromoted(m): 5:12pm On Jan 14
garfield1:

Why sir? No one seems to understand my point but I know I am right.the apex court messed me up

No 1: The judgement the Appeal Court relied on was from a State High Court.

No 2: It was clearly a pre-election issue, which should have emanated from the Federal High Court, and not the Tribunal.

Tribunals are strictly to handle election issues.
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by garfield1: 5:26pm On Jan 14
Iampromoted:

No 1: The judgement the Appeal Court relied on was from a State High Court.

No 2: It was clearly a pre-election issue, which should have emanated from the Federal High Court, and not the Tribunal.

Tribunals are strictly to handle election issues.

1) that judgment of the high court was upheld by the appeal court and the apex court failed to rule on it.it is judgment in rem and binding on everybody...
2) the issue here is a court judgment and judgments are general.it is both pre election and post election.the high courts settled it and the tribunal are bound by it.it is just like the shettima case that was settled by the regular courts and the tribunal was bound by it..

Tribunals are bound by regular court decisions.they cannot relitigate on it or overturn in.they must obey it.the high court decision is binding on the tribunal
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by Iampromoted(m): 5:36pm On Jan 14
garfield1:

1) that judgment of the high court was upheld by the appeal court and the apex court failed to rule on it.it is judgment in rem and binding on everybody...
2) the issue here is a court judgment and judgments are general.it is both pre election and post election.the high courts settled it and the tribunal are bound by it.it is just like the shettima case that was settled by the regular courts and the tribunal was bound by it..

Tribunals are bound by regular court decisions.they cannot relitigate on it or overturn in.they must obey it.the high court decision is binding on the tribunal

That means you don't really understand the laws governing elections and electoral parties.

That the Appeal Court gave that judgment doesn't mean they are right.
Re: Supporters Welcome Governor Mutfwang After Supreme Court judgment (Pictures) by garfield1: 6:18pm On Jan 14
Iampromoted:

That means you don't really understand the laws governing elections and electoral parties.

That the Appeal Court gave that judgment doesn't mean they are right.

With due respect,you are the one that is misunderstanding the issue here.judgnent is not about whether right or wrong.once a judgment is passed no matter how ridiculous or bad,it must be obeyed until set aside on appeal.this is law 101,a universal principle.that appeal court judgment of Nov is subsisting and has not been set aside.the appeal court sitting as a tribunal rightly obeyed it.
The supreme court sitting as an electoral appeal tribunal had no powers to get overturn that judgment.they either obey it or save the gov using technicality

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard / Garba Umar Defects To APC In Taraba, Dumps PDP / EFCC Arraigns Abdullahi Babalele, Uyiekpen Osagie-Giwa Over Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.