Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive (46589 Views)

Meet Nigerian Born Engineer Dr Osato Osemwen With 4 Phds And 7 Master's Degrees. / Undergraduate And Master Degrees In Baku, Azerbaijan / ESUT Female Student Who Hawks ‘Okpa’ In School Makes Waves (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by joelbooks: 8:50am On Jan 14
A university lecturer with 4 master’s degrees and a Ph.D recounts his woes as he resigns from his job after 10 years to hawk vegetables due to financial constraints

The former lecturer, Sandeep Singh used to be a faculty member at a Punjabi University before financial difficulties drove him into resigning

He told India Today that the university salary was very low and never came on time, driving him to seek for other means to sort his bills.

“I taught at Punjabi University – five years on a junior research fellowship and seven years as a guest faculty. In June last year, I quit teaching as it became difficult for me and my family to survive on that salary. I won’t beg before anyone. I will keep doing my work.”

After resigning, the lecturer began hawking vegetables to make ends meet.

“It had become difficult for me to make ends meet with that job. That’s why I switched to selling vegetables for my survival and my family,” he said.

The 39-year-old noted that he doesn’t regret being a lecturer as that had always been one of his dreams as a youngster.

https://www.gistreel.com/lecturer-with-phd-4-masters-degrees-hawks-vegetables-to-survive-despite-academic-qualifications/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by IBB007: 10:32am On Jan 14
Lol…money fit dey for vegetable hawking pass lecturing sha

158 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by joelbooks: 10:53am On Jan 14
IBB007:
Lol…money fit dey for vegetable hawking pass lecturing sha

Yes now

14 Likes

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Myrepublic(m): 10:59am On Jan 14
He just need to put his education into that vegetable business, and he will even build a university in years to come.. Na person start pack water into satchet and then plastic bottles.. Today people make money from pure water factory business. Let him plant vegetables in plots, and be seller to those market women. Then dive more into agriculture..

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by joelbooks: 11:06am On Jan 14
Myrepublic:
He just need to put his education into that vegetable business, and he will even build a university in years to come.. Na person start pack water into satchet and then plastic bottles.. Today people make money from pure water factory business. Let him plant vegetables in plots, and be seller to those market women. Then dive more into agriculture..
Agreed

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by christejames(m): 11:30am On Jan 14
More power to him

4 Likes

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Anguldi(m): 11:54am On Jan 14
Motivational Speaker Talk don deal with this one cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Natbrowny: 12:48pm On Jan 14
4 master's degree?

F*ck that

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by MMempire(m): 1:10pm On Jan 14
Cert na scam?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by CJStarz: 1:58pm On Jan 14
Indian matter no dey move me because all na zeeworld..... extraordinary everyday

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by samuelson06(m): 2:44pm On Jan 14
Natbrowny:
4 master's degree?

F*ck that

A big f— to that. Just gambling.

You don't go back to do Masters when you don't have a job. Your career is what supposed to determine the area you should do Masters. But these, people do PG studies ignorantly simply because because they have money or feel that's what they need to get a job.

Once you can determine your career direction, you can do your PG and stay there, then continue to advance to PhD and professional certifications. From there, those advance degrees and certifications will earn you promotion and you keep going. You don't do a PG program blindly.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:54pm On Jan 14
It had become difficult for me to make ends meet with that job.
That’s why I switched to selling vegetables for my survival and my family,
Man must wack.
Man must survive.
You do all it takes for you and your family to survive.

No matter what happens, juts keep walking.
Like Johnny Walker......

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by ironheart(m): 2:54pm On Jan 14
The definition of education is not the key to survival

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Glimpsetv: 2:55pm On Jan 14
God forbid bad thing o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by CheedyJ(m): 2:55pm On Jan 14
No wonder dem dey japa in droves, like India like naija

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Dimaya: 2:55pm On Jan 14
interesting

2 Likes

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Skillsnigeria: 2:55pm On Jan 14
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by tommy589(m): 2:55pm On Jan 14
Na wa

But he has no regrets

1 Like

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by inoki247: 2:55pm On Jan 14
Lol 10years of him life wey he suppose use start farming all him things go don grow sef and he even dey country that Farmer are not really disturbed by insecurity like Nigeria......

Maybe some people are just meant to be Poor sha no mata how the economy is so good some people will still choose to be poor....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by ivolt: 2:55pm On Jan 14
He is a not a faculty member.
He is part time aka free agent.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by yuzjet(m): 2:55pm On Jan 14
May India never happen to us.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by 900warriorz: 2:56pm On Jan 14
Why do I find this funny? grin if no be over Sabi, wetin you wan take 4 Msc do?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by G00dharddick: 2:56pm On Jan 14
The unemployment rate in India is too high. Hence the reason they're all running away to the USA and Canada.

India is the same as Nigeria. very backward countries. No difference between India and Nigeria

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by sukkot: 2:57pm On Jan 14
angry
Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Cruise777: 2:57pm On Jan 14
cool

.money dey agriculture

500 grams of oha is 2000
500 grams of moringa is 5000

President Olusegun Obasanjo once said the richest of the richest people he knows make easy money from Agriculture, while the poor work for them

Dangote owns a farm
Buhari owns a farm
Yaradua family owns a farm
Obasanjo owns a farm
Coscharis own a farm

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Worldlegend(m): 2:57pm On Jan 14
What’s happening to academic system…

Check signature for your research/projects
Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Fuckingmallam45(m): 2:57pm On Jan 14
Myrepublic:
Awon motivational speaker isonu.😂😂

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Blackfire(m): 2:57pm On Jan 14
This Nigeria man village curse is strong o... dem follow am reach india

Awon Aye
Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Reelmii: 2:57pm On Jan 14
grin..life can Bleep anybody up at anytime...if say he know,, he for get one masters in Agricultural science...that would have been nice

1 Like

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by emmabest2000(m): 2:58pm On Jan 14
Fuckingmallam45:

Awon motivational speaker isonu

Hahaha

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by CelestineNelson: 2:58pm On Jan 14
H

1 Like

Re: Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive by Chetas81(m): 2:58pm On Jan 14
MY FAULT MAYBE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jamb Pegs Cut-off Marks At 170: Releases 16,000 Additional Results / Pasuma’s Son, Jibola, Graduates As Best Student In US School / Download (maxibrainz) (5go) 5 In 1 2go [star Booster]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.