Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote (1082 Views)

Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele / Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition / How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by lexylaw40: 4:37pm On Jan 14
Tinubu encouraged me to start refinery – Dangote
14th January 2024
Dangote refinery
Aliko Dangote

By
Godfrey George
Kindly share this story:

Following the successful commencement of production of refined petroleum products by the Dangote Petroleum Refinery, the President of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has expressed appreciation to President Bola Tinubu for his vision and support.

According to the billionaire businessman, Tinubu encouraged him to embark on the refinery project years ago.

This was disclosed in a statement by his media team; a copy of which was made available to Sunday PUNCH.

Speaking with stakeholders in the oil and gas industry on the historic start of domestic refining of petroleum products, which experts have said, would eliminate dependence on the importation of refined products in Nigeria, Dangote thanked Tinubu, the Federal Government, its agencies, and all Nigerians for believing in him and supporting the mega project despite all odds.

The renowned entrepreneur recalled the support, encouragement, and thoughtful advice he got from President Tinubu towards the actualisation of the refinery project.

President Tinubu, while addressing Nigerians on New Year’s Day had alluded to the fact that the FG and indeed Nigerians were eagerly awaiting the start of production at Dangote and Port Harcourt refineries to ease the attendant hardship on citizens after the fuel subsidy removal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by AllenSpencer: 4:38pm On Jan 14
His Excellency, President Aswaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) has perfected ways to bring out the best in people.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by lexylaw40: 4:39pm On Jan 14
Tinubu has come a long way encouraging people to greatness

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Raskimonojendor: 4:45pm On Jan 14
Tinubu again.

OP please add a link to your post. Thank you.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Seunpapa65: 4:54pm On Jan 14
If e like make your grandma give you inspiration
Wat I know is that make e cheap

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Paraman: 4:56pm On Jan 14
An idiot was abusing me when I told him Tinubu also played his part in making Dangote dream a reality.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Max24: 4:56pm On Jan 14
Tinubu introduced the Lekki Free Trade Zone idea to Nigeria when most of the other govs like the Agulu man was in dippers. After this they started copying Tinubu. No politician alive has the visionary skills of Tinubu. The only other top notch visionary politician of Tinubu's stature was Awolowo. BTW, the only vision the Agulu man left for Anambra was the failed beer investment.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Godfullsam(m): 5:27pm On Jan 14
Dangote initially planned to site the refinery in ondo state. Tinubu went and convinced/confused him to move it to Lagos.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by RepoMan007: 5:37pm On Jan 14
He did well. In ND, we detest development and call it exploitation. See our lives now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by RepoMan007: 5:41pm On Jan 14
Seunpapa65:
are you giving him cheap input that you expect cheap output from him?
It cannot be cheaper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by jkpbestseries: 5:41pm On Jan 14
But you hurriedly asked Buhari to commissioned it, because u dont want Tinubu, now u are praising him becos EFCC are after u
Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by AwokenVawulence: 5:55pm On Jan 14
Hh
Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Smithkafors(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14
Lol, he go still talk the same if PO becomes president tomorrow.
Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by magoo10(m): 6:15pm On Jan 14
I hope he would have said same if tinubu wasn't president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by victorDanladi: 6:31pm On Jan 14
AllenSpencer:
His Excellency, President Aswaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) has perfected ways to bring out the best in people.
I am soo happy he is the president when it eventually came to fruition not one PETER OBI that was no where to be found then!

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by victorDanladi: 6:33pm On Jan 14
magoo10:
I hope he would have said same if tinubu wasn't president.
He had said it several times before he became president.

I was in 100level when I read the news of TINUBU and FASHOLA convincing him to site the project in lagos instead of Ondo when mimiko was giving him problem in 2011

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Beverlyjean(f): 6:36pm On Jan 14
How come he never mentioned this all these years , until he became president...this conman wants to keep on evading tax... besides, how come that refinery will only produce diesel and jet fuel for now...I tot they were by-products from pms
Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by flokii: 7:09pm On Jan 14
Tinubu is the right man for Nigeria.. may his days be long. Amen.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by jyz200(m): 7:21pm On Jan 14
lexylaw40:
Tinubu encouraged me to start refinery – Dangote
14th January 2024
Dangote refinery
Aliko Dangote

By
Godfrey George
Kindly share this story:

Following the successful commencement of production of refined petroleum products by the Dangote Petroleum Refinery, the President of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has expressed appreciation to President Bola Tinubu for his vision and support.

According to the billionaire businessman, Tinubu encouraged him to embark on the refinery project years ago.

This was disclosed in a statement by his media team; a copy of which was made available to Sunday PUNCH.

Speaking with stakeholders in the oil and gas industry on the historic start of domestic refining of petroleum products, which experts have said, would eliminate dependence on the importation of refined products in Nigeria, Dangote thanked Tinubu, the Federal Government, its agencies, and all Nigerians for believing in him and supporting the mega project despite all odds.

The renowned entrepreneur recalled the support, encouragement, and thoughtful advice he got from President Tinubu towards the actualisation of the refinery project.

President Tinubu, while addressing Nigerians on New Year’s Day had alluded to the fact that the FG and indeed Nigerians were eagerly awaiting the start of production at Dangote and Port Harcourt refineries to ease the attendant hardship on citizens after the fuel subsidy removal.

Our president is a visionary leader
If election is conducted millions times I would..still support him
Subsidy gone
Nigeria now producing her own oil
Student loan etc
And many other fantastic policy
God bless Mr president
God bless my country
God bless everyone wishing my country good

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Obiedun(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14
Seunpapa65:
If e no cheap nko? Wetin u go do?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Sharpsharp00123: 8:31pm On Jan 14
Beverlyjean:
How come he never mentioned this all these years , until he became president...this conman wants to keep on evading tax... besides, how come that refinery will only produce diesel and jet fuel for now...I tot they were by-products from pms
oga he has been saying it since n I remember even before tinubu became president dangote said same thing when delivering a lecture n call tinubu d “jagaban of Africa” which children of hate generated controversy out of it

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by magoo10(m): 9:42pm On Jan 14
victorDanladi:

He had said it several times before he became president.

I was in 100level when I read the news of TINUBU and FASHOLA convincing him to site the project in lagos instead of Ondo when mimiko was giving him problem in 2011
can you post the link ,not doubting you though

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by joelbooks: 9:50pm On Jan 14
Good one
Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Blackfire(m): 10:45pm On Jan 14
Another Lamba

Well by this month end we will know our fate in the price of Diesel and aviation fuel

Poor people una go suffer am
Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by JAMO84: 1:41am On Jan 15
Lekki free trade zone created by Tinubu is enough for his statue to be built in front of the National Museum. Tinubu is the greatest politician this Country has ever produced.

Senator
Governor
Made governors
Removed a president
Installed a president
Became a President

G.O.A.T OF ALL POLITICIANS

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by ILoveNG: 1:52am On Jan 15
jkpbestseries:
But you hurriedly asked Buhari to commissioned it, because u dont want Tinubu, now u are praising him becos EFCC are after u

Ipob and delusion
Maybe someone from sudan cloned dangote too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by pafun(m): 3:11am On Jan 15
Beverlyjean:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by accordadoga21(f): 5:49am On Jan 15
Hehehe

Who does not like baba alapata?

Only some people from a particular region birthed with hatred hate him.

A man with vision.

Jagaban, oko iya won

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Wisereborn: 6:29am On Jan 15
grin grin grin sing his praise or more axe on your head grin
Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by Golan007: 7:10am On Jan 15
Smithkafors:
Lol, he go still talk the same if PO becomes president tomorrow.

PO would never be president.

In addition, Obi is only interested in Breweries and importation of corned beef.
Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by lexylaw40: 12:16pm On Apr 26
Nice one
Re: Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote by lexylaw09: 1:34pm On Apr 26

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youths Marching For Utomi: / Pipe Line Fire,why Only In Nigeria? / African Identities: Who Are You ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.