Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal (408 Views)

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal / Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by sarrki(m): 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2019
HOW TINUBU ENCOURAGED ME TO ACCEPT SGF APPOINTMENT – BABACHIR LAWAL

Bola Tinubu did not nominate me for the office of SGF, but he supported my nomination. In particular, he convinced me to accept the job.

I didn’t know what the office entailed. I had to read it up from different sources, including the website of the SGF.

Still, I didn’t understand. But Bola Tinubu kept encouraging me.

He kept saying I could do it.

“I had left service as a civil engineer, a principal engineer on level 12.

At that level, you were not an executive. Nobody minutes any file to you.

My job was a fieldwork, not office work. I said, ‘Bola, I am a field person, I have never minuted on any file.’

“But Tinubu said, ‘BD, you are intelligent. You’re fearless, you are incorruptible, and your contribution to the coming of this government is huge. And because of your qualities, you will do a lot of good for a lot of people and for our country.

Don’t worry about what the office requires you to do. You will pick up quickly.’

“As Tinubu said, it was a wonderful place in the sense that I was helping people. Much of the things I dealt with were petitions of people who complained of maltreatment.

The petitions were coming and I was happy to do justice to them. They gave me a sense of satisfaction. But apart from that, there is nothing I gained personally from being SGF. I even hated the convoys that followed me around. I tried hard to stop or at least reduce it, but no way. It’s in the system and it stuck to the system.”

Re: How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by sarrki(m): 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
It’s going to be a long day of wailing
Re: How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by okosodo: 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2019
That's why you are endorsing him to be president
Re: How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by okosodo: 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2019
sarrki:
Make sense for na
Re: How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by sarrki(m): 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
okosodo:
sa

Everything good?

Re: How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by alhassanyusuf29(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
We northerners are endorsing him for president too, doin have any problem with that?
okosodo:
That's why you are endorsing him to be president
Re: How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by Racoon(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
Birds of the same plumage flock together.Anyone wonder the kind of inspiration that drive these criminals in govt?

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by Racoon(m): 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2019
[s]
sarrki:
[/s]A indicted Heroine pusher cum later Bullion Van crook recommended a #440M grasscutter scandal man for appointment in a govt that promised to fight corruption?

A criminal recommending another criminal. APC is already a haven of well known corrupt & indicted persons.Nothing new man but your own no be am.

"...On corruption, there will be no confusion as to where I stand. Corruption will have no place and the corrupt will not be appointed into my administration...."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/chatham-house-buharis-speech-on-nigerias-transition/amp/

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by GoodofNaija: 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2019
A criminal can only recommend a criminal!
Re: How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by UniQue84: 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
The truth is 2023 is still far and there is no need killing yourselves in Nairaland who will emerge as President.. Cos only God that sees the end from the beginning can Tell us that..so let's chill.

Meanwhile for all your landed properties within Ibeju lekki and it's environs as well as Abuja, Then UniQue Properties (UP) got you covered... Why not own a land today now it's still very affordable in these choice locations. See signature
Re: How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal by wallex1983(m): 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
Did he also encourage you to steal?

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Environmental Task Force Begins Clearing Of Refuse / FG To Train Over 45,000 Niger Delta Youths On Different Vocational Skills --- Mi / Atiku Loses, APC Mocks PDP, Opposition Attacks Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.