Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja (19454 Views)

Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn / Farooq Kperogi: 'FFK, Pantami’s Friend in Fraud, In EFCC Net Over Fraud' / Nigerian Troops Rescue 5 Out Of 39 Abducted Kaduna College Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by dre11(m): 6:56pm On Jan 14
Former Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Pantami has disclosed that his friend has offered to pay N50m to rescue five sisters abducted by gunmen in Abuja.

The Nation reports there was outrage over gruesome killing of a young lady identified as Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by the gunmen who abducted her and five other sisters.

Najeebah and her sisters were abducted on January 9, alongside their father, Alhaji Mansoor Al-Kadriyar.

She has been laid to rest according to Islamic rites on Saturday.

Nabeeha was a 400-level student of biological science, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria.

Others abducted include: Najeebah (500 level, Quantity Surveying), Nadheerah (300 level, Zoology)

It was gathered that the gunmen later released their father, asking him to go get N60m as ransom for the release of her daughters before Friday, January 12.

In a bid to raise money, Nigerians were urged to donate whatever they have into a bank account, but not enough money was gathered as of Friday.

Consequently, the hoodlums reportedly killed the oldest of the six girls, Najeebah, and dumped her body somewhere for her parents to bury.

Pantami, confirmed the killing of Najeebah on Saturday night.

He said he had spoken with the father of Najeebah over the remaining kidnapped girls.

Reacting on Sunday, January 14, Pantami on his verified social media page in a terse statement said: “Alhamdu lil Laah! I am personally not in support of paying ransom to criminals.

“However, since it becomes clear, we lost our daughter Nabeeha yesterday, and the 5 remaining daughters have been threatened, as I spoke with the father on the matter yesterday and today.

“Furthermore, I spoke with a friend and a brother who offered to pay the remaining 50 million Naira of the 60m immediately.

“I conveyed the account number of the father of pur daughters, Mansoor Al-Kadriyar, to the friend and brother to send the money directly. Any additional amount earlier generated from yesterday, the father can use to treat the daughters and other family members in sha Allah.

“May the Almighty Allah reward the bother and friend with Jannatul Firdaus for the donation. May He also reward all those who contributed in any way with Jannatul Firdaus, too.

“May He also forgive Nabeeha and rescue her sisters. May the Almighty also help our security agencies to bring an end to these challenges. May Nigeria be a better place for all of us. I love Nigeria. #Najeebahandhersisters.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-ex-minister-pantamis-friend-donates-n50m-to-rescue-five-sisters-abducted-in-abuja/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by madridguy(m): 6:57pm On Jan 14
Alhamdulilah. I hope the kidnappers will do the needful after getting the money.

Hijacking of monthly allocation of local governments by governor had left the rural areas without any presence of governance and without social amenities. Governors must allow LGA to function. That vaccum of governance made easy for criminals. - Copied.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by kettykin: 6:57pm On Jan 14
My sympathy to the wonderful family, to all supporters of this failed system, where all the heads of police , army , military, financial institutions can come from a part ofvthe country with absolutely nothing to offer , it is Good morning FCT Abuja .

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by atiku4President(m): 6:59pm On Jan 14
Na dem dem. Can't his friend just call and it will be done

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by money121(m): 6:59pm On Jan 14
Hmmm all is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by jmoore(m): 7:02pm On Jan 14
They are enabling the kidnappers.

What has police, army said about this incident?

Exminister that should easily have access to police to handle this case.

Which way Nigeria?

98 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by Ance4Liverpool: 7:04pm On Jan 14
Pantami Just tell us say na you donate the money EFCC nogo do you anything

127 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by GOFRONT(m): 7:12pm On Jan 14
Patanla at it again....Whenever I see Pantami, I see my Bvn, my NIN, my NIMC, my VIN........Only for PataNLa to gather all these sensitive details and then hand them over to the Terrorists who now use the details to trace and Kidnap us......Now he is the first to donate 50M ransom to make it look as though his hands are clean.

Now Pantami has used his friend to front for him inorder to render a financial help to the kidnapped man and daughters.........I am waiting for how Bashiru would want to donate his own fund.......maybe through his friend or his Mother.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by Racoon(m): 7:13pm On Jan 14
After his useless SIM - NIN - BVN linkage terrorist policy only ended up exposing people to more terrorists attacks. These are the same terrorists sympathisers in an out of government.

31 Likes

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by BlueRayDick: 7:17pm On Jan 14
So what’s now the essence of the NIN he forced us to register even at the height of COVID-19 pandemic?

The same Pantami said NIN would curb insecurity challenge like his one that year . One would’ve thought he would use his influence in the past government to reach out to key stakeholders on how to use whatever he’s acheived with NIN to locate the criminals . Abi na audio achievements that one sef be like most of Buhari’s government’s achievements ?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by freemanq(m): 7:25pm On Jan 14
Which direction is Nigeria heading? No peace in almost all parts of the country, why not go back to regional government so that each region will manage this security challenge faster

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by Fkmodhi: 7:47pm On Jan 14
Now you’re talking that’s the way forward…
Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by gaby(m): 8:01pm On Jan 14
Dem Dem Bokos Ltd.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by Brendaniel: 8:05pm On Jan 14
madridguy:
Alhamdulilah. I hope the kidnappers will do the needful after getting the money.

Hijacking of monthly allocation of local governments by governor had left the rural areas without any presence of governance and without social amenities. Governors must allow LGA to function. That vaccum of governance made easy for criminals. - Copied.

See how you shifted blame away from Tinubu, Buhari and APC same thing almost all of them contributing money on Twitter for the victims including the former minister are doing...

I just imagine if this happened in the south east or the perpetrators of this crime were Igbos, would all of your comments be like this?

Hypocrisy is really doing you guys strong thing but there is one thing I know you guys share in common, tribal and/or religious bigotry.

Read your old comment below on Jonathan about his performance on insecurity and see all what you accused him of, now compare it with your comment here....

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by Northernblood7(m): 8:16pm On Jan 14
Una don open new gateway for more terrorists. Una go pay tire

9 Likes

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by muller101(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14
Kidnapping empowerment. What a lucrative venture.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by madridguy(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14
Your point exactly?

Brendaniel:

See how you shifted blame away from Tinubu, Buhari and APC same thing almost all of them contributing money on Twitter for the victims including the former minister are doing...

I just imagine if this happened in the south east or the perpetrators of this crime were Igbos, would all of your comments be like this?

Hypocrisy is really doing you guys strong thing but there is one thing I know you guys share in common, tribal and/or religious bigotry.

Read your old comment below on Jonathan about his performance on insecurity and see all what you accused him of, now compare it with your comment here....

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by Brendaniel: 8:56pm On Jan 14
madridguy:
Your point exactly?

Have you called out Tinubu the way you called out Jonathan concerning insecurity? Why divert the responsibility to state and local government instead of the president the way you held Jonathan responsible for insecurity?

Read your old and new comments and see for yourself....

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by hisexcellency34: 8:56pm On Jan 14
Shameless Pantami. Boko Haram sponsor. If your NIN worked, which phones are these terrorists using to communicate?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by ImoleNaija: 8:56pm On Jan 14
Wow.... Good to hear that.

I just mentioned something like this in my previous comment.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by VEXT: 8:57pm On Jan 14
Abeg mk dem divide this country..mk Christians stay on their own...

This people don scatter this country

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by Neduzze5(m): 8:57pm On Jan 14
Na so

Pantami no wan tell Una say na him be that him friend.

Make EFCC for no raise am for am!!

Lolz... Thieves

1 Like

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by nairalanda1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 14
Yep, pay them, and they will go and do it again

I know my solution is not popular, but the day Nigerians stop paying them kidnappers and bandits, that's the day they will give up.

Sure, dem go kill some of their victims. But as time goes on, how many can they kill?

Anyway, the problem started when we started paying them.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by Judolisco(m): 8:57pm On Jan 14
Otunba lamba... Invincible friend... Northerners dat kept quiet during buhari's tenure are now finding their voices.. Tinubu should be very careful make dem no Jonathan am

9 Likes

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by Namaster: 8:58pm On Jan 14
This is one of those things that look really good but is ACTUALLY really BAD.

Imagine a former Minister of Nigeria paying #50,000,000 to KILLERS.

That's reinforcing crime. That's telling the bandits, kidnappers and terrorists that they are doing the right thing. In fact, it's helping them recruit more people and finance their criminal activities.

Instead:

Use that money to track and obliterate these KILLERS. NOT reward them.

8 Likes

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by verybadmouth(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14
If it were some countries, many of these big wigs will be in jail already. How will they give kidnappers money. What are the police doing? God help this COWntry

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Minister Pantami’s Friend Donates ₦50M To Rescue 5 Sisters Kidnapped In Abuja by Lochia: 8:58pm On Jan 14
The chief terrorist himself!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Top List Of Private Jet Owners In Africa / Photos: Pres. Jonathan Hosts CEOs Of The Top 100 Businesses In Nigeria / BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.