Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP (8460 Views)

'Switch Off Your Phones' - Lagos #EndSARS Panel's Rule Sparks Controversy / Judges Are Not Permitted To Speak To The Media - NBA Boss / I Was Not Permitted To Continue Kalu’s Trial – Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Okirinwankwa76(m): 3:10am On Jan 15
Policemen not permitted to search citizens’ phones – Lagos CP

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fayoade Adegoke, has said that no police officer is permitted to search the phones of any Nigerian.

He noted that the Police Force had a cyber section responsible for that, adding that if a police officer suspected anything, they would take the person to the station so the phone could be searched.

A Sunday statement by the management of Melody FM, 107.7FM, signed by Kunle Babarinde, noted the CP said this when he visited the radio station at Iyana-Ipaja on Wednesday.

He commended the radio station for its efforts to provide the public with information.

Kayode reaffirmed that bail was unrestricted while urging the public to expose corrupt police officers.

“If you feel you have been cheated by a policeman or a policeman engaged in corruption, kindly report the policeman to his DPO. If the DPO is not forthcoming, report to the Area Commander. I believe your case will be solved but if you still feel cheated, please report to me directly. My phone number is open to all Lagosians,” the statement quoted the CP as saying.

The CP also said, “No policeman has the right to beat citizens. You, the people, are the government’s employers; your taxes support us. Thus, we have to treat you with the appropriate decency.”

“On the issue of searching phones, no policeman has the right to search your phone. If a policeman suspects anything on your phone, he will take you to the station to search the phone. We have a cyber department that deals with all that,” he added.
https://punchng.com/policemen-not-permitted-to-search-citizens-phones-lagos-cp

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by buharibanjo(m): 3:10am On Jan 15
We don hear am taya

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by coputa(m): 3:16am On Jan 15
Nigeria police are never truthful, they say one thing and do another thing,

Very unprofessional and currupt institution.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by blackmantis: 3:44am On Jan 15
Benin and Agbor policeman left the chat.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by matify83: 3:58am On Jan 15
They should pass this down to their lower rung foot soldiers who are not to savvy to be on such fora.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by PoliteActivist: 4:45am On Jan 15
buharibanjo:
We don hear am taya

*Politeness*
They announce it from time to time. It is just a routine matter. They don't expect anybody to pay attention to it

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by bennybuhari: 5:24am On Jan 15
Stale news. We keep hearing this but police keep searching phones

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Shellsploit: 5:28am On Jan 15
Story for the Gods!
What is good for the geese is good for the gander shocked
No just follow any policeman drag fone

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Kizyte(m): 5:29am On Jan 15
God knows I can never unlock my phone for any police officer to search without a search warrant, when I'm not under investigation.

NPF: Unlock your phone sir
Me: Why sir?
NPF: I want to search your phone
Me: Am I under investigation?
NPF: No sir
Me: Do you have a search warrant?

CASE CLOSED!

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Blackfire(m): 5:34am On Jan 15
Will you keep quiet
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by mysticwarrior(m): 5:36am On Jan 15
As if he is doesn't know what to do to stop it, he should set a good example, any policeman caught searching anybody's phone should be arrested and dismissed from the force.

17 Likes

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by nastyesco(m): 5:36am On Jan 15
Same way you go to the Police station and its boldly written on the wall that bail is free…yet you will never regain your freedom from police cell without paying bail.

Its not their fault, I blame Peter Obi, if he stepped down for Atiku we won’t have APC Govt now look at us.
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by babaRUNtinz(m): 5:37am On Jan 15
OK óò... Na so una go dey talk
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by inoki247: 5:50am On Jan 15
Lol yield to this at ur own Peril....

For Police station Bail is free is been pasted everywhere buh las las u go still pay bail....

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Bigchristo: 5:50am On Jan 15
nastyesco:
Same way you go to the Police station and its boldly written on the wall that bail is free…yet you will never regain your freedom from police cell without paying bail.

Its not their fault, I blame Peter Obi, if he stepped down for Atiku we won’t have APC Govt now look at us.
Just Dey play 😂
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by pek(m): 6:07am On Jan 15
nastyesco:

Don't you think it's too early to exhibit your madness?

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Questionnaires(m): 6:08am On Jan 15
This is A National Civil Right.
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by ScamDemicEra: 6:26am On Jan 15
.... unfortunately the law doesn't mean anything to these robbers in uniform.
Nigeria police are for protecting the elite and fleecing the poor -creating hell on earth for them.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Tokskob2008: 6:29am On Jan 15
Story story....
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Macphenson: 6:30am On Jan 15
okoo
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Olowoeko11: 6:44am On Jan 15
Not ilorin police men

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Lanretoye(m): 6:51am On Jan 15
Not permitted to search you but they can take you to station to search you.
nastyesco:

when you trying to make sense but you ended up sounding so stupid.so if atiku was president bail will be free or police wont search citizens?.
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Judolisco(m): 6:51am On Jan 15
Any police wey stop u... Jst comut your phone start dey record... Dem fear recording pass anything
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Funjosh(m): 6:54am On Jan 15
No be today we dey hear am

1 Like

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by EmekaBlue(m): 6:55am On Jan 15
They like to bully because they hold guns. Not CP fault though. If you get mind no unlock your phone allow them to beat you and you might be lucky to trend and compensated
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by slowice(m): 7:02am On Jan 15
They should stop telling us a d start telling their officers
Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Nahunger(m): 7:05am On Jan 15
grin
As a Nigerian ask your self why the NPF, Previous IGPs always repeat this statement...

Blatant lies, it's just like saying Bail is free 😀😀

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Marvieduke(f): 7:13am On Jan 15
This man is just speaking for himself, some police officers wey be say na bully them be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Not Permitted To Search Citizens’ Phones – Lagos CP by Ksolar03(m): 7:16am On Jan 15

Kizyte:
God knows I can never unlock my phone for any police officer to search without a search warrant, when I'm not under investigation.

NPF: Unlock your phone sir
Me: Why sir?
NPF: I want to search your phone
Me: Am I under investigation?
Me: Do you have a search warrant?

CASE CLOSED!

Hand never touch you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? / Jonathan Congratulates Obama On Election Victory / Why my town Ikire,Irewole Local Gov. people 'll Vote Aregbesola For 2nd Term.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.