Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,555 members, 7,861,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:50 PM

New Year Palliative: I Shared Rice from OUK Foundation, Not Senate - Orji Uzor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Year Palliative: I Shared Rice from OUK Foundation, Not Senate - Orji Uzor (356 Views)

Christmas Rice I Shared In Igbere Not From FG — Senator Kalu (Video) / Senate: Orji Kalu Will Get His Full Salaries, Allowances In Prison / 9th Senate:Orji Kalu Ranking Senator Was NRC REPS Member In 1992:by Alade James (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Year Palliative: I Shared Rice from OUK Foundation, Not Senate - Orji Uzor by odoemelamemmanu(m): 8:19am On Jan 15
*New Year Palliative: I Shared Rice from OUK Foundation, Not Senate - Orji Uzor Kalu*

Emmanuel Odoemelam, Abuja.

The Senator representing Abia North Senatorial District, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has confirmed that the rice which he shared to his people of Abia State at his country home, Igbere, on January 1-13 2024, were from OUK Foundation, and not from the Nigerian Senate.

He reconfirmed this via his official Facebook page on Sunday where he stated that the he did it out of his own volition and love he has for the people and less privileged in the society.

While speaking to OUK Media team, Kalu further stated that the kind gesture started when he has not joined politics and has lasted for 38 years from 1986 till date.

Answering questions, the former governor of Abia State, Said;

"I can re-confirm that to you that the rice shared in Igbere carrying my picture is the normal rice from Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation, I have been sharing to people since 1986 and we used to share to the whole state, Abia North, Central and South and we also share to the less privileged in other parts of the country.

"So, it's not rice from the Nigerian Senate. Today is 14th January, 2024, if we will collect rice for December, 2023, I don't know, unless we are collecting it tomorrow, for now, I haven't collected any rice from the 10th Senate as at now.

"If the senate will bring rice, maybe it will still come, tomorrow or next tomorrow. So, I want to re-confirm to you and to the people of our constituency that the rice is not from Federal Government. We have shared to some communities what National Emergency Management Agency(NEMA) gave to them and it's different ball game, separate from what I have shared. The rice shared with my pictures are written OUK MOVEMENT NIGERIA. That's what I have shared to all the communities, some parts of my constituency and major parts of Abia State.

Thank you very much and God bless you," he said.

You will recall that the former Chief Whip of the 9th Senate, Orji Kalu, shared over 30,000 bags of rice, 10,000 bags of beans, and 10,000 bags of garri within the said period.

Kalu also gave out four Hilux Vans to Police and Vigilante in Isuikwuato, Ohafia and Igbere LGAs in Abia North zone for effective security surveillance of his constituents.

Re: New Year Palliative: I Shared Rice from OUK Foundation, Not Senate - Orji Uzor by Googluckziki: 8:20am On Jan 15
Okay bro

1 Like

Re: New Year Palliative: I Shared Rice from OUK Foundation, Not Senate - Orji Uzor by EreluRoz: 8:21am On Jan 15
May God continue to bless the cheerful givers.

But if the system was good there wouldn't be any need for all these.
Re: New Year Palliative: I Shared Rice from OUK Foundation, Not Senate - Orji Uzor by money121(m): 8:23am On Jan 15
Lamba
Re: New Year Palliative: I Shared Rice from OUK Foundation, Not Senate - Orji Uzor by Beremx(f): 8:27am On Jan 15
Hope the rice does not look like chicken feed? The kind of rice these politicians share to their constituents is worrisome.
Re: New Year Palliative: I Shared Rice from OUK Foundation, Not Senate - Orji Uzor by Manager001: 9:02am On Jan 15
Why must the rice carry your pictures?

(1) (Reply)

Bandits Attack Military Camp In Katsina, Loot Homes, Destroy Vehicles, Others / Which Country Has More Bureau Du Change Than Banks / Oyo And Ibadan People, Please Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.