Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k (1557 Views)

Jubilating Over Naira That Still Sells Above 1k A Dollar Is The Height Of Idiocy / Mele Kyari: ₦‎170/Litre Fuel Price Is Impossible / PDP Says ₦170 Fuel Price Is Unbearable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by Northernblood8(m): 9:01am On Jan 15
Don't get your hopes too high. That man is a businessman and He puts profit first b4 any other thing.

He might be the reason why marketers wanted to put price in PMS about 2 weeks ago.

He is waiting for price to hit 1200 so that He will bring it down to 1k.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by omowolewa: 9:36am On Jan 15
No, it's easier to produce Diesel and JetFuel than PMS

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by tollyboy5(m): 9:40am On Jan 15
Let's see the effect jetfuel and diesel will have on our forex
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by happney65: 9:48am On Jan 15
When will he start doing propane Gas na wetin I want to know be that
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by RepoMan007: 10:00am On Jan 15
His cup of tea. Tell your govt to start with petrol, Dangote is a private individual.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by peleson1: 10:04am On Jan 15
Evil ..

Price must refuce .

We no go for for dem
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by jmoore(m): 10:05am On Jan 15
The refinery is not complete na. It can't produce pms for now. Make una stop this propaganda. .
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by richie240: 10:05am On Jan 15
Nigeria has a population of close to 300 million.
Son of man has 'started with jet-fuel and diesel', you too start ur own with petrol and propane gas, e nor reach fight.

My ppl say "na cooperation dey make rice full pot."

Everything mustn't be about Ph.d (pull him down)

Northernblood8:
Don't get your hopes too high. That man is a businessman and He puts profit first b4 any other thing.

He might be the reason why marketers wanted to put price in PMS about 2 weeks ago.

He is waiting for price to hit 1200 so that He will bring it down to 1k.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by Northernblood8(m): 11:17am On Jan 15
richie240:
Nigeria has a population of close to 300 million.
Son of man has 'started with jet-fuel and diesel', you too start ur own with petrol and propane gas, e nor reach fight.

My ppl say "na cooperation dey make rice full pot."

Everything mustn't be about Ph.d (pull him down)

You for give me access to all the loot Dangote has
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by richie240: 11:21am On Jan 15
No problem, once you tell me the political position he has held in nigeria (ward chairman/local government chairman, governor, president etc) then we can go into the money he 'looted'.

If not, u r just another irrational obidient who sees no good in others whilst eulogizing his own.
cool
Northernblood8:

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by AzaHub(f): 11:22am On Jan 15
Interesting move

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by Pussyisgud: 11:26am On Jan 15
richie240:
No problem, once you tell me the political position he has held in nigeria (ward chairman/local government chairman, governor, president etc) then we can go into the money he 'looted'.

If not, u r just another irrational obidient who sees no good in others while at eulogizing his own.
cool

Oga keep the word obedient out of your mouth before i swear for you.
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by richie240: 11:30am On Jan 15
Nwa-obidient, how markate??

Moreover, it's spelt 'obi-dient', not 'obe-dient'.

The 2 are different.
cool
Pussyisgud:

Oga keep the word obedient out of your mouth before i swear for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by eteebanky1: 11:43am On Jan 15
Why don't you build your own refinery and start selling fuel less than #200

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by kayusely70(m): 12:07pm On Jan 15
happney65:
When will he start doing propane Gas na wetin I want to know be that
What's propane gas?
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by Paraman: 12:59pm On Jan 15
jmoore:
The refinery is not complete na. It can't produce pms for now.
Make una stop this propaganda. .
It will start producing petrol from next month.
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by blancsn1: 1:00pm On Jan 15
Did Dangote wait on your father to grant him that access ?! Why then are you waiting on who no Sabi your wretched soul to give it to you instead of fighting n getting the access like Dangote did his without disturbing us

Northernblood8:

1 Like

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by PoloG: 1:17pm On Jan 15
If i comment what is in my mind now, Seun will ban me for hate speech against igbos.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by Northernblood8(m): 3:29pm On Jan 15
eteebanky1:
Why don't you build your own refinery and start selling fuel less than #200

If government give me the same access to receive loots like Dangote
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by nairalanda1(m): 3:35pm On Jan 15
Northernblood8:

The man took loans from local and internantional banks to get most of the funds for his refinery.

He also got some money from CBN, which he has (according to him) paid back.
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by nairalanda1(m): 3:38pm On Jan 15
Northernblood8:

At the end of the day, Dangote got no money from government (save a CBN loan, which wasn't the majority of the funding).

Most of his funds came in the form of loans from a consortium of banks...local and international, as well as the African development bank. Then there was the CBN money, which he claims to have paid back.

No politican or government lent him looted money. Infact, there is no looted money to give. Most looted money goes to the federal treasury for budgets , or is shared among state governments as extra allawee. That government would give loots to one private man, even in this our useless Nigeria is not possible.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by Northernblood8(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15
nairalanda1:

At the end of the day, Dangote got no money from government (save a CBN loan, which wasn't the majority of the funding).

Most of his funds came in the form of loans from a consortium of banks...local and international, as well as the African development bank. Then there was the CBN money, which he claims to have paid back.

No politican or government lent him looted money. Infact, there is no looted money to give. Most looted money goes to the federal treasury for budgets , or is shared among state governments as extra allawee. That government would give loots to one private man, even in this our useless Nigeria is not possible.
As a black man that is easily deceived, I will just allow u to keep believing what you have been told
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by nairalanda1(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15
Northernblood8:

Part 2 of my comment is here , because this needs emphasis

About 60 LICENCES for refineries were given out. Most of them have not been taken up because the subsidy government over the years has kept on petrol, means that anyone willing to set up a refinery would have difficulty getting loans from banks, because banks see subsidy on petrol as a risk for them

Dangote got loans partly because GEJ government helped him make his case to AfDB, and also partly because if he does not pay back, the banks who gave him loans will just simply take over his lucrative businesses and pay them back. Or AMCON will just simply take over the businesses he has, pay the banks back and sell them off. Even then for the thing to make money, subsidy on petrol has to go...so that petrol would be sold at aprofit, and so that at the end of the day, banks would be willing to lend to anyone interested in competing with Dangote.

BUA is building a refinery, but he is smartly planning not to refine anything petrol. So, profits are guaranteed, and banks would lend to him.

When government over the decades, PDP, APC, millitary say that subsidy should go, it is because petrol being sold at a profit means it is far more attractive to refine at home than to import. The problem with refining is that there is an inbuilt loss from waste product from the refining process. To minimize loss, all the products from the refinery must be sold profitably.....which is what subsidy prevents from happening.

But people like you said no whenever government calls for subsidy removal.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by nairalanda1(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15
Northernblood8:
As a black man that is easily deceived, I will just allow u to keep believing what you have been told

So, your response is to abuse and insult me, eh?

I have told you the truth. You no like, so abuse is your response.

Shows you have no point to make, really.

I'll advise you, don't behave like a prat because this site guarantees anonymity. Be more polite.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by nairalanda1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15
For the record this is the source of funds of Dangote refinery

The Dangote oil refinery is being funded with $3bn equity and $6bn loan capital. A consortium of local and international banks led by the Standard Chartered Bank provided a $3.3bn loan facility.

The United States Trade and Development Agency offered a N251.3bn ($0.997m) training grant to develop human resources for operating the refinery.

Hardly no loot in it.

When he needed more funds, he either went to CBN or to legit financial houses. Not to loot.
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by nairalanda1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 15
Northernblood8:

If you were Dangote, you won't sell petrol at N200 to help the masses.

You have to pay back loans, pay workers competitive salaries, pay for maintenance, pay taxes, and pay for the crude, in the naira equivalent of whatever the OPEC price is.

All that adds up. The optimists are saying probably N500 and above. I think it should be N1200 or more self.

Why, because that is the way business works. Your workers want to be paid big salary, your suppliers want to be paid on time, and your creditors are waiting.

Unless you want every Nigerian to pay a 50% tax rate to fund subsides...including people in the village and in the lower incomes.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by RepoMan007: 4:32pm On Jan 15
nairalanda1:

Part 2 of my comment is here , because this needs emphasis

About 60 LICENCES for refineries were given out. Most of them have not been taken up because the subsidy government over the years has kept on petrol, means that anyone willing to set up a refinery would have difficulty getting loans from banks, because banks see subsidy on petrol as a risk for them

Dangote got loans partly because GEJ government helped him make his case to AfDB, and also partly because if he does not pay back, the banks who gave him loans will just simply take over his lucrative businesses and pay them back. Or AMCON will just simply take over the businesses he has, pay the banks back and sell them off. Even then for the thing to make money, subsidy on petrol has to go...so that petrol would be sold at aprofit, and so that at the end of the day, banks would be willing to lend to anyone interested in competing with Dangote.

BUA is building a refinery, but he is smartly planning not to refine anything petrol. So, profits are guaranteed, and banks would lend to him.

When government over the decades, PDP, APC, millitary say that subsidy should go, it is because petrol being sold at a profit means it is far more attractive to refine at home than to import. The problem with refining is that there is an inbuilt loss from waste product from the refining process. To minimize loss, all the products from the refinery must be sold profitably.....which is what subsidy prevents from happening.

But people like you said no whenever government calls for subsidy removal.
You argument always. Only NNPCL import of petrol is stopping petrol from being attractive to refiners and marketers.
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by nairalanda1(m): 4:36pm On Jan 15
RepoMan007:
You argument always. Only NNPCL import of petrol is stopping petrol from being attractive to refiners and marketers.

Nope. Subsidy on petrol, which means petrol is sold at a loss, and a subsidy is paid to cover that loss is why we don't have domestic refining. It makes sense to import petrol, or to smuggle imported petrol.

You are free to disagree with me.
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by DMerciful(m): 5:34pm On Jan 15
In the distillation process, the fractions are produced simultaneously and extracted at different levels in the fraction distillation tower.

He is producing PMS now but he'd rather wait than sell low, only increase within a short time and get massive reactions
omowolewa:
No, it's easier to produce Diesel and JetFuel than PMS
Re: Dangote Started With Jetfuel And Diesel Because The Price Is Above 1k by Northernblood8(m): 7:16am On Jan 16
nairalanda1:

If you were Dangote, you won't sell petrol at N200 to help the masses.

You have to pay back loans, pay workers competitive salaries, pay for maintenance, pay taxes, and pay for the crude, in the naira equivalent of whatever the OPEC price is.

All that adds up. The optimists are saying probably N500 and above. I think it should be N1200 or more self.

Why, because that is the way business works. Your workers want to be paid big salary, your suppliers want to be paid on time, and your creditors are waiting.

Unless you want every Nigerian to pay a 50% tax rate to fund subsides...including people in the village and in the lower incomes.
I am not saying that He should sell so cheap but am saying that We shouldn't be talking about dollars anymore. He should buy our crude in naira, process in naira and sell in naira. Diesel shouldn't be more than 800, PMS 400 or highest 500.

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Threatening To Stop Bringing Food To Yoruba Land / See How Emefiele Actually Stopped Banditry & Kidnappers Within Weeks! / U.s. Scores Nigeria Low On Human Rights, Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.