Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Dangers Of Changing Top Gasket In 2gr Engine - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dangers Of Changing Top Gasket In 2gr Engine (1265 Views)

My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday / Advice Needed For A Sienna: 2gr Engine Or 3mz Engine / 2GR-FE Oil Cooler Pipe Replacement (2008 Toyota Highlander) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Dangers Of Changing Top Gasket In 2gr Engine by ariesbull: 10:44pm On Jan 23
klenton:

The car actually steams very well now and runs perfectly even though I have stopped driving

apart from oil mixing with water and hard starting it does, you won't know that the top gasket is burnt
oil mixing with water is bad ! Extremely bad
Re: Dangers Of Changing Top Gasket In 2gr Engine by ariesbull: 10:45pm On Jan 23
galaxi:
From your replies it seems your just interested in people that will validate that it can be repaired.

I have been a victim of this situation and at the end of the repair expenses i ended up buying toks engine.

Unless you don’t mind those xmas light dancing on your dash board and can manage a car not operating optimally.

he said that oil is mixing in his radiator with water ....means that the engine is bad
Re: Dangers Of Changing Top Gasket In 2gr Engine by jceesquare(m): 9:29am On Jan 27
galaxi:
From your replies it seems your just interested in people that will validate that it can be repaired.

I have been a victim of this situation and at the end of the repair expenses i ended up buying toks engine.

Unless you don’t mind those xmas light dancing on your dash board and can manage a car not operating optimally.

And what makes you think the one you bought was not rebuilt at one point before you bought it?
The fact that you had issues with yours does not mean it can't be properly rebuilt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Audi A4 V6 Mechanic (engineer) Needed In In Abuja / ... / What Car Would You Buy For Your Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.