Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar (46231 Views)

What Bandits Told Us Before We Found Nabeeha’s Corpse – Uncle / Fake Photo Alert: Tinubu In Abuja Not In The United States - Bayo Onanuga / 'APC One-Million-Man March In Abuja Not Up To 2k People' - Deji Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Islie: 1:31pm On Jan 15
‘Abuja Not Safe’ Trends As Details Of Another Student Killed Alongside Nabeeha Emerge

Some social media users are currently expressing anger following reports that one Miss Folorunsho Ariyo was killed alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by bandits in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Daily Trust had reported that kidnappers dumped the remains of four victims they executed, around a former military checkpoint behind Idah Junction along the Bwari-Jere SCC Road in Kagarko Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Among the corpses so far identified include a secondary school student identified as the daughter of the Ekiti state-born chief legal officer of the National University Commission (NUC), Folorunsho Ariyo, and a 500-level student of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, Nabeeha Al-kadriyar.

While Ariyo was abducted along with her mother and three siblings two Sundays ago, Nabeeeha was seized with her father and five of her female siblings on January 9.

They were said to be kidnapped in the Bwari/Dutse area of the territory.

In a chat with Daily Trust on Sunday, Nabeeha’s uncle had said they found the corpses of three other victims – two females and a male – when they went to pick the remains of their daughter.

Daily Trust gathered that Ariyo’s corpse was released to her family from the Umaru Musa Yar’adua General Hospital, Sabon-Wuse, Niger State, where it was deposited by the police.

The teenage girl was buried on Sunday, January 14, 2024, in Dutse Cemetery, Abuja, while the other members of the family remain with their abductors.

A community leader in the area, John Alpha Dogo, had said the bandits dragged the victims to the location on Friday night and executed them.

The situation has caused confusion at two communities –Bagye and Pashin– at Dnatan chiefdom, with residents leaving in droves out of fear.

Dnata chiefdom, carved out from Kagarko chiefdom in 2022 by the Kaduna State Government, has been under series of bandits’ attacks lately.

Meanwhile, details of the killing of Ariyo have elicited anger from social media users, with many calling for an end to insecurity in the nation’s capital.

Below are some social media reactions:

@PIDOMNIGERIA wrote: “Abuja is not safe. Repost for awareness.”

@AGINAS: “It has never been this worse in Abuja. Elections truly have consequences. Some people’s bad decision has plunged the nationa into a failed state.”

@ucheorji: “Abuja level of insecurity is alarming.”

@bamidele_oye: “A whole Federal capital territory is not safe, now imagine other states.”

@sweetbennyyy: “Yeah it’s not , last week there was an attack (kidnap )close to my house, thank God sha.”

@harrizone98 said: “Everybody is talking about Nabeeha, who is bothered about Folorunsho Ariyo, daughter of Ekiti State born National University Commission Chief Legal Officer.”

@akintollgate: “Hearing about the murder of Folorunsho Ariyo alongside Nabeeha is just devastating & heart breaking! Two promising souls with a lot of life ahead of them murdered by some imbeciles. It’s so upsetting!”

@dayoisrael: “My prayers are with the Families of Mrs Folorunsho Ariyo and that of Najeeeba Al-Kadriya + her sisters. May the soul of the departed rest in Peace and may those still in the den of captors be safely released in Jesus name. I join other Nigerians in calling on our security agencies to do their best to rescue the remaining captives and increase security in and around Abuja, and Nigeria as a whole. May God heal our LAND.”

@enyola: “Folorunsho Ariyo, Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar…And the list goes on. To register a SIM, you need a NIN but terrorists are busy negotiating over phone lines, the @PoliceNG can’t track the calls and a former minister is the one raising fund for ransom. FCT Minister is busy chasing Rivers.”

This newspaper reported that former Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof Isa Pantami, yesterday announced that a N50 million ransom had been raised for the release of Nabeeha’s five sisters.

The former minister said he spoke with “a friend and a brother” who wanted to pay N50 million from the ransom demanded by the criminals.

In a post via social media, he wrote, “Alhamdu lil Laah! I am personally not in support of paying ransom to criminals. However, since it becomes clear, we lost our daughter, Nabeeha, yesterday and the 5 remaining daughters have been threatened, as I spoke with the father on the matter yesterday and today.

“Furthermore, I spoke with a friend and a brother who offered to pay the remaining N50 million of the N60m immediately. I conveyed the account number of the father of our daughters, Mansoor Al-Kadriyar, to the friend and brother to send the money directly. Any additional amount earlier generated from yesterday, the father can use to treat the daughters and other family members, in sha Allah.”

https://dailytrust.com/abuja-not-safe-trends-as-details-of-another-student-killed-alongside-nabeeha-emerge/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by FarmPlanetNG: 1:32pm On Jan 15
I am waiting for your comment, Wike

42 Likes

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Namaster: 1:35pm On Jan 15
It's funny how people seem oblivious to the level of insecurity in Nigeria until it reaches their backyard.

Nigeria has been unsafe since 2014 but I'd.ots in Abuja wouldn't do anything about it. Let it touch them ALL.

May the soul of the dead find peace.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by TimeManager(m): 1:37pm On Jan 15
The North is not ready, kidnapping started in the southeast but when it was about to swallow them up, they came together to form Bakassi boys which salvaged the ugly situation. When One Million boys were becoming a menance in SW, the leaders including traditional leaders and OPC rose to the challenge. Yahaya Bello recently derobed some traditional rulers in Kogi state and were exiled out of the state to neighbouring states for alleged involvements in insecurity, that sent a strong signal.
I was shocked reading an account by a man in Zamfara whose daughter was forcefully married off to a group of bandits. Funnily, the man did not raise an alarm when the bandits had asked him not to give out his daughter to someone else, he didn't report to the security when the bandits gave him an ultimatum to bring back his daughter from her husband, he only contacted the security after the bandits came back to attack him and went to his daughter's house and took her away from her husband.

-kiss the truth!

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by GboyegaD(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15
This is troubling. I can't imagine the kind of fear cast in people's mind when they go to bed at night.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by FeliciaOja(f): 1:44pm On Jan 15
When i said Demoracy cannot work in Nigeria, prople where busy criticizing me
The reason democracy worked in the west is because they one ethnic group in each country

But when you have a mixture of differnt trubes insude one pool and try to do Democracy it will become competiton
Each tribe will be fighting for who to rule instead of voting a qualuty leader

Imagine if ukraine had 76 differnt tribes in one country speaking different languages

You will see that 60% will support russia
Because russia favor their tribe
But that can never happen because ukraine have ONE tribe. Norway has one ethnic tribe, Croatia, Romania, itlay has one ethnic tribe italians. All speaking ONE language
So they are united and not bias by tribe ir ethnic propaganda.

During end sars , The SW SE were united in that protest. While the north was doing anti protest supporting Sars

This is why i hold Baba Olusegun Obasanjo with the highest regards for handling true democracy.

Instead of coting Peter Obi you all decided to put hand in fire and now you are crying that it hurts. Before Nko??

You collect 2k to sell your votes
And still wonder why you are suffering
Una never see anything
Even Bible says The ignorant will suffer from their lack of knowledge

Newtons 3rd law
All actions have equal cosequence

120 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by o123456789(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15
These kidnappers are working with coordinated intelligence. Because for them to kidnap high profile families in there numbers is not a case of guess work. These people are also backed by powerful men in power to have rejected almost 30 million naira, it means they are well funded and want to stay in business for a long time. Everyone must exercise caution to stay alive this period.

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Ekejoestar(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15
This is sad, insecurity does not know tribe or religion, both those who voted APC or PDP or LP are all being affected and the govt do eye like say them no dey see.

Let someone try to arrange protest now, you'll see how they will give the protest tribal colouration just to deceive gullible Nigerians.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Brushstrokes20: 1:44pm On Jan 15
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it👀👀👀
If the CAPITAL of Nig is NOT SAFE, where is safe

# FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN!.. RUN🏃🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️
The shyyythole from fry pan to fire 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🚩🚩🚩

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by azpekuliar: 1:44pm On Jan 15
Hassanmaye, is it that you do not know what is going on? Well you are at liberty to bury your head in the sand.
Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Fvckdgovt: 1:45pm On Jan 15
FVCK TINUBU
FVCK ALL OF YOU SUPPORTING THIS GOVERNMENT

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by chariisGRACE(m): 1:45pm On Jan 15
The entire country is not safe.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Fireoflife: 1:45pm On Jan 15
I think it's time we crowdfund bounties on kidnappers

7 Likes

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Enemyofpeace: 1:45pm On Jan 15
What do you expect of a country whose president is a junkie and the vice president is a terrorist ? Una never see anything

They brought DNA test machine to one church close to my office yesterday, the whole women run with their children even pastor wife join! 🙆🙊😱😤😲

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by omoredia: 1:45pm On Jan 15
Is it not obvious that APC and Buhari has a hand in all these killings?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by ipobarecriminals: 1:46pm On Jan 15
sad they should release KYARI the SUPER TAILOR lipsrsealed to go after these TERRORISTS angry

6 Likes

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by zombieHUNTER: 1:46pm On Jan 15
Tinubu will make us beg for Bubari

what a clueless being

17 Likes

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by kasim155: 1:46pm On Jan 15
Which way Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Greenfusion: 1:46pm On Jan 15
FarmPlanetNG:
I am waiting for your comment, Wike
You shouldn't be waiting cos we already know their statement "Nigeria is safer since BAT entered".....nonsense people....very soon it would reaxh their homes

20 Likes

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Dagger111(m): 1:46pm On Jan 15
Imagine... i don't want to hear "human right or animal left" by the time the appropriate authorities get hold of this evil guys.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Angelfrost(m): 1:47pm On Jan 15
A nation's capital not safe!!!

As in... The very center where Mr. President lives and operates from is now in the hands of Terrorists (nicknamed Bandits).

That is a global shame and embarrassment!

It is unheard of!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by goodyvin02(m): 1:47pm On Jan 15
It’s sad
Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by SoNature(m): 1:47pm On Jan 15
Wike should rise to the occasion.

Don't let these lunatics overrun your city under your watch.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by money121(m): 1:47pm On Jan 15
Ok
Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Dagger111(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15
SoNature:
grin

What's funny sir?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Judolisco(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15
Is it not time to release d super cop Abba kyari? At least d bro dey deliver on kidnappers.... Na normal Nigerian police runs carry am go jail.... Make dem free d guy abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by JoeEeL(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15
YOU KNOW WHY I DON'T PITY BLACK PEOPLE? I'LL TELL YOU WHY:

They don't know how to properly evaluate the scope of a problem and make carefully guided projections. Please let me explain a bit.

When Boko Haram was ravaging the north east, how many of you used to remember how middlebelters and southerners especially used to boast that "the nonsense can't reach here." Some would even say "as long as they keep the madness in the north". What makes it worse is that Boko Haram split into another faction called ISWAP, with the "WA" in it represnting West Africa. But some deluded folks down south are still thinking its a northern problem when their intentions are clear that they are not only coming for the whole of nigeria but even west africa. Today, from north to south in nigeria, has been affected

Secondly, the year of Covid was the year these terrorists loaded a lot of weapons in the forests. There were videos upon videos of these terrorists and their trucks being searched and assault rifles amongst variety of illegal weapons were found. Do you know what the youth were doing during that period? I'll tell you: they were watching BBNaija. They were argunig Tacha vs nengi vs Mercy, vs Cee-C. No protests, no nothing.

The examples are numerous but let me give you one final example. Corpers from Akwa Ibom were kidnapped in Zamfara or so... till date some of them are missing. Instead of the whole NYSC program to grind to a halt and major protests sponsored by all schools until they are rescued and a list of agenda is made to at least safeguard graduating students and corpers (not the whole country now o, just students alone), no noise was really made and everyone has moved on.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A KIND OF BLACK PEOPLE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, THIS NIGERIAN VERSION OF BLACK PEOPLE. I CANNOT EXPLAIN THEIR OT. BEING THE MOST POPULOUS SINGULAR BLACK NATION, THEY ARE THE DIRECT REASON BLACK RACE IS A CANNON FODDER ACROSS THE GREEN EARTH.

With all this calamity, someone who barely escaped these kidnappers' lair, would find a way to go to church to give one idiotic statement about how the g_d of his ______ (insert church denomination here) saved him... indirectly implying that what he serves is superior. What is painful is that they can't realise their barefaced idiocy. In fact, the rest of the congregation would clap and cement the overall idiocy we are talking about but usually that is only short-lived as there's always some form of other nigerian calamity around the corner waiting to befall one of these warped-thinking primates.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:48pm On Jan 15
Tinubu has brought security and peace. All these are propaganda by ipob against him. Peter OBI can never be President. The North is very peaceful

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by jmoore(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15
Abuja was never safe. Bokoharam went to Abuja and freed their members in the prison. Nobody was sacked for the incompetency during Buhari's term.

Bokoharam is back to raise funds for their operations through kidnapping.

If you find yourself in the process of being kidnapped, better run or fight your way out. These evil creatures sometimes kill the person that brings the ransom.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by NSK4U(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15
What's going on
Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by Seunpapa65: 1:49pm On Jan 15
Collect 2k vote idiots look at where it leads us sai baba 💔💔
Mumu Nigerians nah to the rave like dogs on rabbies for social media the won't do a shit
Politicians are united in looting
Why the foolish masses are divided

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar by LeeSmart: 1:49pm On Jan 15
If a whole capital of a nation is not safe tell me where is gonn be safe?
Maybe we should be allowed to start carrying weapons for self defense purpose since our security agencies ain't doing their job.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gani Adams: Our Intel Shows Helicopter Drops Food To Owo Terrorists / Senate Presidency: Shettima Appologises For Muslim Comment / Saraki Issues Press Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.